Super Meat Boy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smasandian
If you like/love platformers, gotta check out Super Meat Boy on the 360 XBLA (and WiiWare+PC in Nov).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXvQu-BaGo

Played the first world. It's hard but each level is very short, respawn times are almost null and the controls are spot on exactly.

Tons of fun and totally retro. Over 300 levels which include 5-6 worlds and each world has a dark world, that's uber tough. Multiple characters to choose from and only 800 MS points.

If you love tough games, you'll love this. If you don't, you still love it because each mistake is made by you and when you get past a level, you can literally go through it again super quick because you already know how to beat it. So basically, it's not cheap. Great game.

No End N Site
Damn, might have to call my connect and check this out. I love retro...good retro.

ares834
Hmmm SMB... Now where have I seen that before?

Smasandian
Huh?

Oh, you mean Super Mario Bros.

The game clearly takes homage to the Mario 2D series but it doesn't play like it at all.

jinXed by JaNx
This is definitely a cool little game but after N+ my nerves are still unwinding lol. I'm glad to see this get a console port though.

Kazenji
I was watching a video on this game over at Giant Bomb they got to one of the levels and some weird shit happen and it looked like someone hacked the game.

Smasandian
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This is definitely a cool little game but after N+ my nerves are still unwinding lol. I'm glad to see this get a console port though.

I never played that game so I don't really know.

The game is hard but with the really small levels and instant respawn, it rarely gets annoying.

Also, its the type of game where if you figure out a little section in a level, your almost guarantee to rarely kill yourself at that spot again.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Smasandian
I never played that game so I don't really know.

The game is hard but with the really small levels and instant respawn, it rarely gets annoying.

Also, its the type of game where if you figure out a little section in a level, your almost guarantee to rarely kill yourself at that spot again.

I broke down and bought it. I just unlocked Jill and the game has definitely gotten nutty hard.

If you like the type of platforming in Meatboy you'll love N+ and it's also four player co-op. I'd give N+ the edge over Meatboy but i'm really digging that little meatball, even if it does make me want to put my head through a wal at time.

Smasandian
I don't get that frustrated cause I know I ****ed up and its not the game.

And it's not a big level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.