Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Compare the two in their primes individually and then so far anyways their championship teams against each other.

BobbyD
One is the Greatest Player of All Time period; the other is the 2nd Greatest SG of ALL Time; a top 3 ALL Time Guard, and an ALL Time Top 10 player.

Who do you think is which? (rhetorical)

jinXed by JaNx
Is it Venus Williams?

Bat Dude
Michael Jordan all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

Mindset
MJ is Kobe's towel boy.

Rogue Jedi
Kobe wouldn't make a hair on MJ's nuts.

Darth Martin
MJ>Kobe

I don't think there's this huge gap between them like most people but the above is indisputable. MJ puts up more volume scoring on higher efficiency, has more MVP's, championships, and a MUCH better Finals performer.

With that said, there's nothing MJ can do with a basketball that Kobe can't. And no I don't believe MJ would score 100 points today. MJ is the GOAT in my opinion while Kobe is anywhere from 7-10 depending on the day.

batdude123
One's the best, the other isn't.

dmills
Originally posted by BobbyD
One is the Greatest Player of All Time period; the other is the 2nd Greatest SG of ALL Time; a top 3 ALL Time Guard, and an ALL Time Top 10 player.

Who do you think is which? (rhetorical) I'm a Laker fan so I'd say Magic is the GOAT, but I pretty much agree with everything else you said. MJ is the name brand, Kobe is the generic version.

batdude123
Lol @ Magic > Jordan.

dmills
Originally posted by batdude123
Lol @ Magic > Jordan. LOL my ass. If you were starting an NBA franchise and you had one pick to build around, you would take Jordan over Magic? Seriously?

Mr. Toad
Originally posted by dmills
LOL my ass. If you were starting an NBA franchise and you had one pick to build around, you would take Jordan over Magic? Seriously?

Either is fine, homer.

batdude123
LOL my ass. If you were starting an NBA franchise and you had one pick to build around, you would take Jordan over Magic? Seriously?

Yes, your ass is indeed hilarious, as is the idea of Magic being better than Jordan.

Mindset
Jordan is barely a top 10 player.

When Lil Bow Wow had his abilities he wasn't even better than the black guy from V.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by batdude123
Yes, your ass is indeed hilarious, as is the idea of Magic being better than Jordan. Whoa!!! haermm

Darth Martin
I'd entertain the point that Magic might be the greatest offensive player ever. His impact surely suceeds Mike there. But once you throw in prime MJ's defense.....

BobbyD
I'm a Laker fan so I'd say Magic is the GOAT, but I pretty much agree with everything else you said. MJ is the name brand, Kobe is the generic version.

We shall have to disagree about Magic being the GOAT. Magic might not even be the best "Laker" ever. It is debatable/arguable.

Darth Martin
As is it that MJ is the GOAT. erm

Russell has a strong case.

AsbestosFlaygon
You can combine the 3 'best' Superstars of this era (Kobe, Dwyane, LeBron), and that amalgam wouldn't even compare to a prime Jordan.

Heck, I'd trade all 3 for a 40-year-old Wizards-era MJ.

The Nuul
MJ is the best period, regardless of what era.

Mindset
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
You can combine the 3 'best' Superstars of this era (Kobe, Dwyane, LeBron), and that amalgam wouldn't even compare to a prime Jordan.

Heck, I'd trade all 3 for a 40-year-old Wizards-era MJ. You have a horrible opinion.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Mindset
You have a horrible opinion.
It wasn't an opinion

super pr*xy
mj over kobe.. easy decision to make.. kobe is not as clutch as michael.. and kobe never averaged a .500 FGP season.. that means every 2 shots that mj put up, 1 goes in.. amazing efficiency.. the highest FGP kobe has is .469, compared to mj at .539 ( nba.com ).. now, magic highest is .565.. of course there's really no objective way of measuring a player's hustle game i.e. chasing loose balls, running for a fast break, running to defend a fast break.. but i would say mj first, magic a very very very close second (almost a first) and kobe last..

Mindset
It wasn't an opinion Well then you're retarded.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Mindset
Well then you're retarded.
MJ scored 51, 45, 45, 44, 43, 41, 41, 40 and multiple 30+ point games as a 38-40 year old player on bad knees with quarter of athleticism and speed he use to have. And that is all BEFORE the hand checking and rule changes in 2005..

Unleash 23-30 year old MJ into todays league and it is all over..

AsbestosFlaygon
On 37 wizards wins in 02-03 at age 39-40... MJ averaged 22.3ppg, 48.3%FG, 6.9 rbs. 4.5 assists

By comparison, Kobe in 50 laker wins, same year: 31.9ppg, 48.0%FG, 6.9 rbs. 5.9 assists.

What would Jordan do in his prime today??
Destroy the league, that's what.

Darth Martin

Stop trolling.

YoungGunna
MJ>KB

maxman1180
MJ MJ MJ, no matter what...

GBang
Yes Kobe is the Jordan of this era but look at last season's play offs. That kind of tells you that Kobe as good as he is IS NOT MJ.
Kobe has that edge over others in the league today and had a great team to fall back on plus the coach that got Jordan to where he is today. Yet he could not pull off what Mike has done.

dynamix
MJ was working teams back then....when all the rules such as hand check were still in effect. kobe's era, i felt, had better INDIVIDUAL players but as far as a team game...Jordan had it tougher. Piston even had to invent a Jordan rule to stop the guy lol.

Stoic
Originally posted by super pr*xy
mj over kobe.. easy decision to make.. kobe is not as clutch as michael.. and kobe never averaged a .500 FGP season.. that means every 2 shots that mj put up, 1 goes in.. amazing efficiency.. the highest FGP kobe has is .469, compared to mj at .539 ( nba.com ).. now, magic highest is .565.. of course there's really no objective way of measuring a player's hustle game i.e. chasing loose balls, running for a fast break, running to defend a fast break.. but i would say mj first, magic a very very very close second (almost a first) and kobe last..

Yep.

Barker

bg

guy222
mj is sure doin a great job with his team laughing out loud

Chef Mikey
Closest one to MJ is Kobe. Legit comparison!

guy222
another account restricted

good thing i am always behaved

laughing out loud

Prep-Man
MJ ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.