Bleeding Edge Iron Man vs Xmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warlord
Wolverine
Cyclops
Archangel

vs

Tony

scenario 2 Colossus in Team as well

the ninjak
Ironman murders scenario 1.

the ninjak
Colossus ain't touching Tony either.

Stoic
Xmen

the ninjak
Tony's too fast.

Stoic
Originally posted by the ninjak
Tony's too fast.

Cyclops can take him down, Arc Angel and Logan could then cut him up.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Stoic
Cyclops can take him down, Arc Angel and Logan could then cut him up.
Tony can move faster than the human eye. Plus if Scott manages to tag him shields will reflect as Tony appears behind Scott and blast his brains out. Colossus and Logan are grounded and Tony will Sonic blast their eardrums.
Warren gets his head blasted in aeriel combat.

Sonics. Repulsors. Nanos.

Stoic
Originally posted by the ninjak
Tony can move faster than the human eye. Plus if Scott manages to tag him shields will reflect as Tony appears behind Scott and blast his brains out. Colossus and Logan are grounded and Tony will Sonic blast their eardrums.
Warren gets his head blasted in aeriel combat.

Sonics. Repulsors. Nanos.

Oh is the bleeding edge armor that advanced? I have to check out some Ironman books.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Stoic
Oh is the bleeding edge armor that advanced? I have to check out some Ironman books.

When he and Reed put it together he stated that Extremis was just the beginning.

And we all know what that was capable of. Xmen wouldn't have won then and not now.

Parmaniac
Can someone give me an issue number to this "bleeding edge armor"?

Colossus-Big C
fastball special

Stoic
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Can someone give me an issue number to this "bleeding edge armor"?

I think Ironman is on issue 30 or 31 right now, and since this armor is fairly new, I'd likely start there, and work my way backwards.

makenzye
I'd say Tony just by how powerful his Extremis armor was. This new Bleeding Edge armor is meant to take full advantage of his Extremis, nearly limitless energy production, and technology far beyond the Extremis armor.

I'm more curious what that cannon he had strapped to his arm could do when he was effectively playing possum to that Hammer girl, but instead, we just got to see his weapon, not what it does yet.

In his past armors, Cyclops would probably pose the biggest threat to him, just given his "point and shoot" high speed powers. I'd say with his repulsor fields, it's really not that big of an issue. Archangel? Sonics, matched with a beatdown, or just straight up repulsor fire. Wolverine? Unless Tony felt it was an awesome idea to for whatever reason to engage Wolverine in a land battle, he'd either shoot him from the air, burn him, sonic him, or just beat him down. With the current upgrade, his armor was easily capable of outmaneuvering Steve Rogers, and his current armor not only can do the same, it's apparently more fluid, and it self repairs. So Wolverine might cut or stab, and Stark's newfound healing factor would ensure that's not simply the end of the fight. Coupled with Tony's guns, and highly superior strength backed by metal plating on his fists, Wolverine is going to hurt. And, like I said, his healing factor, it may not be as powerful as Logan's, but it's not a nonfactor either. Collosus? Well, Tony would probably just pound on him. They're similar in strength, but Tony just has the toys to pound that one.

At the same time? Tony would probably employ air tactics, run down Warren, fire back at Scott, pepper the ground to separate Piotr and Logan, pound on Piotr, then work on Logan.

Bentley
There is nothing the X-men could do to Tony, you could add Emma Frost, Storm and Kitty Pride and the result would be the same.

makenzye
Kitty would be interesting, but it's not like Tony's never fought anything like that before *cough*Ghost*cough*. And Tony in the past has utilized telepathy blockers, except for in Civil War for whatever reason. Storm would pose an interesting battle. Emma could go diamond form, and that would be likewise interesting. Maybe.

I agree, Tony would still stomp that team. Right now, Iron Man is easily reaching powers approaching Thor.

Estacado
Didnt Tony wtfpwn Rulk with Bleeding Edge?
He also imprisoned Apoc in a force field.
Xmen get shit stomped.

The Nuul
Tony stomps.

Bentley
Originally posted by Estacado
Xmen get shit stomped.

I wouldn't say he wtf pwn Rulk, given that Ross was up a few panels later and he didn't really fight back, but it was still an impressive showing for Iron Man. His current armor seems amazing.

Galan007
Originally posted by Estacado
Xmen get shit stomped. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.