Mass Effect 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CadoAngelus
Being a Bioware fan in general it's always nice to hear that they're making a new cutting edge RPG on some sci-fi or fantasy adventure. For instance I loved both KOTORs and DAO and it's add-on Awakening, and I briefly played Never Winter Nights. But until Mass Effect 2 came out, I'd never really heard of any game porting save files into game events to influence the game-play differently.

Therefore, when Mass Effect 2 eventually came out - after years of anticipation - I was astonished to see the level of influence the first game actually had. Saying that, what are peoples thoughts on the inevitable ME3 and it's story arc change based upon previous decisions.

I've heard that a lot of decisions made in ME are going to be felt in ME3 as well as decisions made in ME2. And a build up to a possible Citadel Space/Reaper war?

Mass Effect Wiki - ME3

Smasandian
Can't wait.

Love the first two. I'm assuming the third will be just as good.

Bioware, for me, is becoming one of those developers where I trust automatically it will be a good game. They're in the same category as Valve.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Smasandian
Can't wait.

Love the first two. I'm assuming the third will be just as good.

Bioware, for me, is becoming one of those developers where I trust automatically it will be a good game. They're in the same category as Valve. Pretty much this. Bioware is one of my favorite developers.

I do wonder how will you be able to realistically defeat the Reapers though.

Phanteros
This is going to be an epic game. Bioware has shown themselves time and time again they can be one of the masters of RPGs and this will certainly reflect on that.

RE: Blaxican
Pretty simple to me.

Reapers are machines. Write a super virus and turn them all into enslaved super computers. gg. 131[/csm\

CadoAngelus
Well ME proved that, although Reapers are massive space fairing machines, they are vulnerable under the right circumstances. It took one slip up from Sovereign - possessing Saren's body - to give the Normandy the chance to destroy him/her/it.

But given the scale of the Reaper fleet at the end of ME2 it should be interesting. The final scene gave me massive goose bumps.

jinXed by JaNx
Loved the first two but i'm not looking forward to another one. At this point i'd rather just read the novel or comic book. By the end of the second one my interest on the game play was exhausted. Great game and i'm glad that the second one had such a high reception but personally, i'd prefer another 4-5 years before another installment.

Bladewind
I really liked playing ME2 and haven't gotten round to playing ME yet, naturally I'm really looking forward to ME3.

However I'd really want something else in things of gameplay. I haven't played all of the DLCs yet but for me everytime I found some cover it meant that there'd be enemies. It all got quite repetitive and boring. If there'd be greater differences in playing the classes that would also be good.

Th3birdman
Mass Effect has entered my favorite fictions of all time, along with Jurassic Park, Harry Potter and yes STAR WARS... I love the game so much man, 2 IMO was ridiculously fun... I just wish Bioware makes the 3rd "open galaxy" so to speak. I mean, how cool would this scenario be: ME 1 style rpg leveling, ME 2 gameplay, and GTA-style sandbox-like ability to explore planets and buildings.... I'd go apesh*t for that

dadudemon
Originally posted by Th3birdman
Mass Effect has entered my favorite fictions of all time, along with Jurassic Park, Harry Potter and yes STAR WARS... I love the game so much man, 2 IMO was ridiculously fun... I just wish Bioware makes the 3rd "open galaxy" so to speak. I mean, how cool would this scenario be: ME 1 style rpg leveling, ME 2 gameplay, and GTA-style sandbox-like ability to explore planets and buildings.... I'd go apesh*t for that

Wow, very good idea, sir. I really like your take on it.

The only thing I would change is making it to where you level up but the enemies don't. Meaning, a really really really good challenge can wait for someone that wants to tackle a mission that has enemies with really high tech/health/weapons. This could still make it to where the game is played, linearly, but also make it to where RPG folks, like myself, like to do the side quests and repeat areas for the experience. One of my favorite things in RPGs is playing the shit out of it so that by the time I get to the end of the game, I'm a beast, and it's easier to win. For me, that provides a nice sense of accomplishment. It shows that I put the effort into becoming badass and the reward is an easier final boss battle. For those that like to just play through and skip the side quests, their punishment is a harder boss battle with crappier equipment.

Anyway, yeah, make it like your suggestion above mixed with my suggestion of enemies not dynamically leveling with you, and that'd be the perfect RPG, imo.

Th3birdman

dadudemon

Th3birdman
Darnit

CadoAngelus
Agreed. It has always baffled me as to why RPG games incorporate enemy leveling. It always used to be as simple as "make character, level character, get sword/rifle/, level up, get better sword/rifle/, owning bosses" but now you have to make sure you have tactics...lol

Though, many great games have come of it - i.e. Mass Effect and ME2. So though the game play type is confusing, it's obviously not hindered us buying the games we love.

As for Birdman's ideas, they do sound awesome. Many you should email Bioware and get a job stick out tongue

Nemesis X
There has to be at least an entity that's controlling them all (like maybe Harbinger) and when destroyed, the rest of the Reapers will shut down. Going from one Reaper to the other would just be plain repetitive.

General Kaliero
Sandbox exploration would suck. Same thing with Oblivion: When you can go anywhere in the galaxy, you do a ton of extra stuff, lose track of the story, and lose interest in playing altogether.

ME2 did missions in a good way, both direct and indirect. I want that system but on a larger scale, more missions total, over a larger area.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Sandbox exploration would suck. Same thing with Oblivion: When you can go anywhere in the galaxy, you do a ton of extra stuff, lose track of the story, and lose interest in playing altogether.

ME2 did missions in a good way, both direct and indirect. I want that system but on a larger scale, more missions total, over a larger area.

Ditto. Sandbox exploration would suck in ME.

Smasandian
I also agree. ME would be less effective with an open world.

Fallout 3 is a good example of an RPG that works well with an open story. Your a wanderer so it makes sense.

Nephthys
I agree not to do sandbox open world, but it would be good if they could put the planet exploration from ME1 back in, except polished and shined to Bioware perfection.

BackFire
The ME games already have enough freedom to them, don't really need more.

Zack Fair
No half assed GTA Shepard plz.

ArtificialGlory
I just hope the Citadel won't suck in ME3. ME2 Citadel was such a major let-down.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I just hope the Citadel won't suck in ME3. ME2 Citadel was such a major let-down.

At least there was more exploration unlike ME1 Citadel.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Nemesis X
At least there was more exploration unlike ME1 Citadel.

You mean those two missions that essentially had you trudging through some Citadel warehouses? Boring. Anyway, I was talking more from the point of a quest hub that it was in ME. Much more cooler than the one in ME2, I'm sure you'll agree.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
You mean those two missions that essentially had you trudging through some Citadel warehouses? Boring. Anyway, I was talking more from the point of a quest hub that it was in ME. Much more cooler than the one in ME2, I'm sure you'll agree.
I would honestly like each main world to be a hub for several missions. It'll make the planets feel bigger, and lessen the space missions on duplicate cargo ships that plagued both previous games.

Th3birdman

General Kaliero
I don't think I'm generalizing at all, an open-ended sandbox approach would simply hurt the game flow in my opinion. It didn't work in Oblivion. Many, many, many players got off-track because they were free to do whatever they wanted, and never played through to the end of the game. I know I did the same with GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption. Sandbox works for some games (it's the heart and soul of, say, Minecraft) but for games where you really want to tell a nuanced story, allowing that level of player freedom has a negative impact on main plot. As I consider ME to be a choose-your-own-adventure story first and an exploratory shooter second, I'd much rather the focus be on delivering a powerful and well-paced tale.

Though I agree somewhat that the interactivity could be increased. More speaking NPCs could improve the living, breathing atmosphere, but I think making every NPC capable of holding a conversation makes them run out of interesting things to say far too fast.

Th3birdman
Probably, but I'm still of the opinion that the planets are too dull. Jazz em up Bioware! I'm a life long Star Wars fan, and to be able to live a Space Opera has always been a dream. ME allowed me to do that. But for all the areas it shined, I just think the overall atmosphere is a bit lacking. Go to the club where the aforementioned Asari dances. Stand there for 5 minutes. I'll be damned if you don't feel like shooting yourself after listening to that cringe-worthy song loop again and again. And no matter how long you are playing, the same non-important NPCs are in the exact same place, doing the exact same things. Hell, I probably wouldn't mind if I could just talk to them or pick a fight. ME gets a 97% from me, and the other 3 % is reserved for the removal of repetitive mission type, actual RPG leveling like the first game and upping the liveliness of the atmosphere

Th3birdman
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Agreed. It has always baffled me as to why RPG games incorporate enemy leveling. It always used to be as simple as "make character, level character, get sword/rifle/, level up, get better sword/rifle/, owning bosses" but now you have to make sure you have tactics...lol

Though, many great games have come of it - i.e. Mass Effect and ME2. So though the game play type is confusing, it's obviously not hindered us buying the games we love.

As for Birdman's ideas, they do sound awesome. Many you should email Bioware and get a job stick out tongue

I emailed them already, but for a voice acting job. I actually act/voice act (nothing official yet though) and am told by peers I have an amazing natural voice and imitation ability. I don't know where to start to voice act major roles like games, anime or movies though....
But I actually wrote about 3 games already, I may post them in the game idea threads. I just gave up submitting to established publishers because

1. They throw your shite in the trash anyway
2. I'd like to have full control of my IP, whilst at the same time acting in the game.

So I guess I have to put a team together myself and build the game LOL *yeah good luck Birdman*

Phanteros
ME in a GTA like setting would ruin the pacing of the story also seeing as ME is a squad game. How is that going to be accomplished?

Th3birdman

Morridini
I think making every NPC capable of holding a conversation makes them run out of interesting things to say far too fast.

Just like in real life.

It would be interesting if the NPCs kept day-rythms, especialy when you fly from planet to planet and can never keep track of the local time.

Th3birdman
Originally posted by Morridini

It would be interesting if the NPCs kept day-rythms, especialy when you fly from planet to planet and can never keep track of the local time.

This

Peach
I emailed them already, but for a voice acting job. I actually act/voice act (nothing official yet though) and am told by peers I have an amazing natural voice and imitation ability. I don't know where to start to voice act major roles like games, anime or movies though....
But I actually wrote about 3 games already, I may post them in the game idea threads. I just gave up submitting to established publishers because

1. They throw your shite in the trash anyway
2. I'd like to have full control of my IP, whilst at the same time acting in the game.

So I guess I have to put a team together myself and build the game LOL *yeah good luck Birdman*

Legally they cannot accept your story ideas.

Also:

Play something else, then?

ME lacks pretty much anything worthwhile in my opinion. So I...well...play other games instead.

Th3birdman
Originally posted by Peach
Legally they cannot accept your story ideas.

What I was doing (and have since given up on, but am still open to) was not sending in my ideas, but asking can I be a part of the dev team, whilst showing them *very* rough sketches of my work, to give the gist of what I wanted to create

Peach
What I was doing (and have since given up on, but am still open to) was not sending in my ideas, but asking can I be a part of the dev team, whilst showing them *very* rough sketches of my work, to give the gist of what I wanted to create

You need way more than just rough sketches of ideas to even get considered for a second glance for that sort of thing.

General Kaliero
If you really want to get into this industry, the first step is a degree. It'll give you an edge over others. After that? Network. Go to developer conventions (GDC being the most well-known, but there are many others), talk to developers one-on-one, ask what they're looking for, generally make yourself memorable. When a job opening comes up someone just might remember you. We're still small enough that the single best tactic is simply to know people.

Th3birdman

Also:

Play something else, then?

ME lacks pretty much anything worthwhile in my opinion. So I...well...play other games instead.

Meh.... I have. But since the recent bulk of my gaming has been done on PS3, with ME2 coming to my platform of choice, I will be enduring this again. ME2 is a necessary evil in my life. I love it too much. It provides my escape from the present reality. Click my name; you'll see this is my genre not only for games, but every type of entertainment. Futuristic, dystopian, or neon lit megacities are my weaknesses.

Here's hoping PS3 ME2 or ME3's atmosphere changes slightly

Th3birdman
If you really want to get into this industry, the first step is a degree. It'll give you an edge over others. After that? Network. Go to developer conventions (GDC being the most well-known, but there are many others), talk to developers one-on-one, ask what they're looking for, generally make yourself memorable. When a job opening comes up someone just might remember you. We're still small enough that the single best tactic is simply to know people.

Have a Degree already. But good advice. I live in LA so there are loads of opportunities, I just have to be in tje right place at the right time.

You need way more than just rough sketches of ideas to even get considered for a second glance for that sort of thing.

Perhaps, but what I consider rough, you may call very fleshed out.

For example, I have all major characters fleshed out, storyline and backstory, sub plots, mechanics, and weapons. I say rough because I may want to change something, as I have alternate routes the games may go in case people find my ideas lacking for one reason or another. But I'm definitely my harshest critic.

General Kaliero
Have a Degree already. But good advice. I live in LA so there are loads of opportunities, I just have to be in tje right place at the right time.

Perhaps, but what I consider rough, you may call very fleshed out.

For example, I have all major characters fleshed out, storyline and backstory, sub plots, mechanics, and weapons. I say rough because I may want to change something, as I have alternate routes the games may go in case people find my ideas lacking for one reason or another. But I'm definitely my harshest critic.
Out of curiosity, what degree, and what part of dev are you looking into? Your example is pretty across the board, which... isn't a good sign, honestly. Jacks of all trades are conventionally okay at everything and great at nothing.

Th3birdman
Out of curiosity, what degree, and what part of dev are you looking into? Your example is pretty across the board, which... isn't a good sign, honestly. Jacks of all trades are conventionally okay at everything and great at nothing.

Haha! Damn you! Shite all over my dreams! big grin

But I have a BA in English, and I'm working on AA's in Japanese and Korean. I'm a linguist, what can I say.

But I excell in storytelling and plots, so "Creative (insert title here) whatever" would be preferred.

Oh and, not to blow my own trumpet, but this Jack of All Trades is pretty damned talented wink

Peach
Hate to break it to you, but those degrees aren't going to help you at all in that industry.

Also, LA isn't really a big city for game studios. The Pacific Northwest, or further east in Chicago or Austin, are much better places for that.

General Kaliero
Haha! Damn you! Shite all over my dreams! big grin

But I have a BA in English, and I'm working on AA's in Japanese and Korean. I'm a linguist, what can I say.

But I excell in storytelling and plots, so "Creative (insert title here) whatever" would be preferred.

Oh and, not to blow my own trumpet, but this Jack of All Trades is pretty damned talented wink
Yeah, I kind of meant a degree in game design. I'm finishing up an AA in Game Design - Visual Design, with plans for a BA after.

For your interests you'd want a degree in Game Writing - Development and Storyboarding, or similar.

Th3birdman
Originally I wanted to be a screenwriter, but game design became very interesting.

But-

Hate to break it to you, but those degrees aren't going to help you at all in that industry.

Also, LA isn't really a big city for game studios. The Pacific Northwest, or further east in Chicago or Austin, are much better places for that.

That is Bollocks. I want to be in the creative are of GD, as I could care less about programming (no offence Kal). How is my degree in English ( with a concentration in creative writing) not AT ALL helpful? Bioware's website disagrees with you, mate.
In addition, LA is a FANTASTIC avenue for anyone wanting to break into creative arts. Major video game pubs and devs are located here- Santa Monica (God of War studio, in Santa Monica, CA), Activision, Treyarch, THQ, EA LA, and 2K (technically in Northridge). I've QA'd at all these places.

CadoAngelus
I would say - from a British stand point, not sure how American employers differ - that the English degree would be perfect for the creative writing bit. I mean, if you got a substantial certificate.

As for the Graphical Design bit, Peach and Kaliero are right. I've noticed that getting any foothold in the Graphical side of the Gaming Industry is extremely hard. Unless you know someone or excel in some area.

Though it seems you're already a bit ahead of the game if you've started contacting all those LA based companies.

Th3birdman
I would say - from a British stand point, not sure how American employers differ - that the English degree would be perfect for the creative writing bit. I mean, if you got a substantial certificate.

As for the Graphical Design bit, Peach and Kaliero are right. I've noticed that getting any foothold in the Graphical side of the Gaming Industry is extremely hard. Unless you know someone or excel in some area.

Though it seems you're already a bit ahead of the game if you've started contacting all those LA based companies.

Haha that makes me wish my mum would have moved us back to London, although I'm not sure I would have gotten the diploma I have now. I was lazy in primary school. Well according to me mum anyways.

Newjak
I like these games

Also I wouldn't mind getting into the Game Industry as a developer as well. Could be fun.

dadudemon

1. That was a bit rude and obviously incorrect. Having a degree in different languages can help he make an incredible language consultant for any project using the languages he specializes in. Also, he could also function as a region specialist: the types that help develop/translate games for specific regions/countries. If you a project manager and you need a language specialist to help you get a game to market in multiple countries, the most useful employee is the one that can help that "to-market" for multiple countries. You don't want to end up with 'all your base are belong to us' types of errors.

2. While correct, there's still plenty of video game opportunities in LA. Quite a bit, actually. EA has a "hub" there, Activision is there, Santa Monica is around and if those are not "big" gaming, I don't know what is. There's also quite a few small to mid-sized developers in LA. LA is one of the better cities for gaming out there and due to so many "smaller" guys, it actually might be a great place to start before he moves to Redmond.

As for the commentary on sandboxing ME, it's already very open, I just want it to be more open and for the side quests to be much more developed. I would also prefer that most of the map be open from the beginning while also having the option to do whatever you wanted at any point. Add in Th3birdman's ideas about better environments and characters and we have ourselves a winner. I want more random planet exploration with no obvious objective. It would be sweet to discover some good stuff on some random planet. Of course, that would take massive amounts of development but that's what downloadable content is for.

Yeah, I kind of meant a degree in game design. I'm finishing up an AA in Game Design - Visual Design, with plans for a BA after.

For your interests you'd want a degree in Game Writing - Development and Storyboarding, or similar.

That's pretty cool.

And, ditto on your last statement: great stories and character development can make a game much more enjoyable.

General Kaliero
Originally I wanted to be a screenwriter, but game design became very interesting.

But-

That is Bollocks. I want to be in the creative are of GD, as I could care less about programming (no offence Kal). How is my degree in English ( with a concentration in creative writing) not AT ALL helpful? Bioware's website disagrees with you, mate.
In addition, LA is a FANTASTIC avenue for anyone wanting to break into creative arts. Major video game pubs and devs are located here- Santa Monica (God of War studio, in Santa Monica, CA), Activision, Treyarch, THQ, EA LA, and 2K (technically in Northridge). I've QA'd at all these places.
I'm not a programmer, so no offense taken. But where does BioWare say different? I was just in Austin two weeks ago at GDCOnline, and talked with BioWare Austin reps between seminars and they absolutely prioritized Game Design degrees above all else. Their little book of job requirements specified Game Design (Production, Artist, Programmer, or Writing specializations as necessary), at least AA and preferred BA.

Th3birdman
I'm not a programmer, so no offense taken. But where does BioWare say different? I was just in Austin two weeks ago at GDCOnline, and talked with BioWare Austin reps between seminars and they absolutely prioritized Game Design degrees above all else. Their little book of job requirements specified Game Design (Production, Artist, Programmer, or Writing specializations as necessary), at least AA and preferred BA.

I spoke to a dev in the forum area. He said creative writing is a plus (for them at least), as their games rely heavily on story.

I was just using the example I know of because Peach spoke in absolutes, and I know for a fact that there are ways other than going to school for game design.

General Kaliero
A plus, yes, but in this industry you either have to know people, or have a degree in Game Design (preferably both). I was speaking with hiring managers, the people who actually look at the resumes, so there is that.

I'm not trying to shatter your dreams here, and if you can get someone interested in you with a BA in English, great. Just warning you that right now we're one of the hardest industries to get into, and the studio heads are very, very reluctant to bring on anyone who is a gamble.

Peach
Also...an AA in another language really isn't that great. You're looking at two years of study, tops, with that. That's not enough to have anything more than a pretty basic grasp on the language. And since there are very few companies that do bring over games from other countries and localize them here (Nintendo of American and SCEA being the biggest), it's not going to be hugely helpful.

And writing for a game is not like writing short stories, novels, screenplays, etc. Screenwriting is seen as a separate area of study; writing for games is as well.

Morridini
Been reading through this discussion, fascinating. But my ignorance of the American education system raises this question, what is AA? I guess BA is something along the lines of "Bachelor in Arts", but AA?

Associates.

General Kaliero
Been reading through this discussion, fascinating. But my ignorance of the American education system raises this question, what is AA? I guess BA is something along the lines of "Bachelor in Arts", but AA?
An AA is an Associate's in Arts, which is essentially a lower-tier degree that generally takes two years to earn instead of four. They're roughly equivalent to half a similar BA.

Myself, I'm finishing up an AA at a community college because it's significantly less expensive to transfer that to a full college, cutting out the first half of their BA program, and allowing me better job opportunities in the meantime.

An AA is an Associate's in Arts, which is essentially a lower-tier degree that generally takes two years to earn instead of four. They're roughly equivalent to half a similar BA.

Myself, I'm finishing up an AA at a community college because it's significantly less expensive to transfer that to a full college, cutting out the first half of their BA program, and allowing me better job opportunities in the meantime. Likewise. thumb up

Th3birdman
Also...an AA in another language really isn't that great. You're looking at two years of study, tops, with that. That's not enough to have anything more than a pretty basic grasp on the language. And since there are very few companies that do bring over games from other countries and localize them here (Nintendo of American and SCEA being the biggest), it's not going to be hugely helpful.

And writing for a game is not like writing short stories, novels, screenplays, etc. Screenwriting is seen as a separate area of study; writing for games is as well.

Wow.

You really weren't thoroughly reading/comprehending almost anything I've been saying.

I wasn't touting my AAs as pluses at all. Kal asked what I had a degree in and basically what was I studying. I just told him I was studying those subjects, as I actually have yet to receive AAs in those subjects.

The reason I'm studying Japanese and Korean is because I am (this may be confusing) a Half Black Half Korean British American. The reason I'm studying Korean is obvious, but in my original school, they didn't offer Korean so I took up Japanese and have been studying for around 4 years now. Korean is comparatively recent (about 2 years). Needless to say, the Asian language are personal endeavours. However, English is a very broad degree to have, as I have a great current position with it, and other offers, not even related to games. But designing games are a fleeting interest, as the desire honestly comes and goes

Morridini

Myself, I'm finishing up an AA at a community college because it's significantly less expensive to transfer that to a full college, cutting out the first half of their BA program, and allowing me better job opportunities in the meantime.

Thanks for the clarification, we don't have anything lower then a Bachelors degree over here so that definitley sounds interesting.

CadoAngelus
Thanks for the clarification, we don't have anything lower then a Bachelors degree over here so that definitley sounds interesting.

Yeah, I was about to say the same. In England we don't have an 'Associates' but we have something that sounds similar according to people's descriptions called an 'Fd' which is a Foundation Degree.

Also, I didn't even know there were so many breakdowns of the Game Design degree. I mean it makes sense, but I didn't realise the list was so big.

Phanteros
jjvwHjQSM5k

^ Future game of the year, right thar.

BackFire
*Girlish Squeal*

Can't wait. ME2 has become one of my favorite games of all time. There's no reason to think ME3 won't be another leap forward as the second one was to the first one.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Phanteros
jjvwHjQSM5k

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu** me. That, those 70seconds of awesomeness, just gave me possibly the worst case of goose-pimples I've ever had. That is incredible. I love the teaser trailers for Bioware games, because they never cease to relay the epic feel of the trailer in the game.

Edit: this franchise has already stacked up on my favourite series of games ever, but this seems to have gone to a whole new level of awesome.

Nephthys
I too got goosebumps. As cliche as it was, that reveal shot was magnificent.

Ban Mido
I am so excited for this, it has to be one of my top 3 games I absolutely love. I still need to finish 2 cause I stopped when I knew I was near the end cause I didn't want...well it to be over XD. I'm REALLY hoping the Rachni help in this one, I was kinda disappointed in 2 when they just kinda contacted me all "We'll be by your side..when the time comes..we're still kinda rebuilding" I just kinda went from "big grin.." to "no expression..." see if I ever save a race again from extinction -_-

It helps though I had a dream once when I went to sleep after a session of playing ME2 and we were heading to recruit a new member and he had this huge record of accomplishments. We went to pick him up somewhere near Alaska and finally found the facility he was supposed to be at so while we were exploring Garrus came flying in front of me and I turned to see Thane try to put up a fight to the shadowy figure but was disarmed and thrown to the ground being knocked out and the figure walked into the light and I seen a man in a bandanna pointing a USP at me and I was like "OMG YOU'RE SOLID ****ING SNAKE =DDDDDDDDD!!!!" then I woke up :c...lmao felt the need to share

Smasandian
Yeah, can't wait.

I think Smas was going to show some enthusiasm, but Mido just sucked it all out.

NemeBro
Hm.

This and Elder Scrolls 5 made me come in my pants. Need new ones.

Zack Fair
Trailer made me:

VLnWf1sQkjY

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by NemeBro
Hm.

This and Elder Scrolls 5 made me come in my pants. Need new ones.

Just saw the trailer. I love how non-descriptive teasers are, they give you the right amount of information to keep you waiting but not enough to ruin anything.

Not sure of the name though: Skyrim. Sounds like a fantasy porno.

stfu

Utrigita
December 2010 just got awesome.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Utrigita
December 2010 just got awesome.

2011?

Lacan Grahf
Great trailer, can't wait for the game. I'm not a diehard gamer, but the Mass Effects are my very favorite. ^_^

NemeBro
Just saw the trailer. I love how non-descriptive teasers are, they give you the right amount of information to keep you waiting but not enough to ruin anything.

Not sure of the name though: Skyrim. Sounds like a fantasy porno. Skyrim is the name of the homeland of the Nords. I play a Nord, almost invariably. So yeah, makes me happy.

Allankles
Looks like a proper finale to a trilogy. Evil super empire on Earth itself. 2011 will even be a better year than 2010, with Elder Scrolls 5 getting released as well.

FistOfThe North
yeah i remember seeing the earth from the moon in Mass Effect 1 and always wanting to visit it in the game to see the tech advancements. i would zoom in with my sniper scope and saw new england and wondered where my descendants would be in that year which was 2183, 200 years after my little sister was born.

that's just the futurist in me but now with me3 i'll get to do that. it's not the earth i wanted it to be but the Shep'll fix it all in the end.

for a couple of moments i thought that trailer/cut scene was a real set with a real person. that's how good it looked. it's the best looking and most convincing cgi i've ever seen for a video game ad ever.

me2 is my favorite pc game thus far. it's just so well done and well written and the combat is to die for. i play it in hd 3d vision by nvidia with all settings on high while it runs @ 60fps so it doesn't get better that that.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by NemeBro
Skyrim is the name of the homeland of the Nords. I play a Nord, almost invariably. So yeah, makes me happy.

I did my research after I posted the comment, serves me right lol confused . I always end up having a starting char as a Imperial - love the whole Epic warrior knight thing about the race, then again that doesn't really apply exclusively to that race.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
yeah i remember seeing the earth from the moon in Mass Effect 1 and always wanting to visit it in the game to see the tech advancements. i would zoom in with my sniper scope and saw new england and wondered where my descendants would be in that year which was 2183, 200 years after my little sister was born.

that's just the futurist in me but now with me3 i'll get to do that. it's not the earth i wanted it to be but the Shep'll fix it all in the end.

for a couple of moments i thought that trailer/cut scene was a real set with a real person. that's how good it looked. it's the best looking and most convincing cgi i've ever seen for a video game ad ever.

me2 is my favorite pc game thus far. it's just so well done and well written and the combat is to die for. i play it in hd 3d vision by nvidia with all settings on high while it runs @ 60fps so it doesn't get better that that.
I love how the story is just so amazingly complex but simple to follow. Drew Karpyshyn is a truly amazing writer - he writes the story novels and the story boards for - most of - the games Bioware publish.

He is so compelling and i've read the first mass effect novel (Revelation) and i'm half way through Darth Bane Rule of Two (second book in the series) as well and i've just not been able to put them down when i pick them up.

No doubt this game will have just as rich a story as ME and ME2, if not something on a whole new plane of incredibility (probably just made that word up lol).

Jealous for your rig though dude - wish i had a computer with enough room to install both games on. I've got both games on Xbox, and although they both work perfectly and graphically they superior to a lot of other games, i've seen a couple of people playing them on PC and they're something else

Utrigita
2011?

No this december smile I have been having my head down in a project at uni for the last 2-3 months and I'm sick of it, so this trailer showing Mass Effect 3 is just what I needed to save this December smile

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Utrigita
No this december smile I have been having my head down in a project at uni for the last 2-3 months and I'm sick of it, so this trailer showing Mass Effect 3 is just what I needed to save this December smile

Ahhh, fair enough. Hard luck dude, I've got to do a final year project at uni due in june some time. It's not fun this early in the year - started september. So I kinda feel your pain lol.

Utrigita
Ahhh, fair enough. Hard luck dude, I've got to do a final year project at uni due in june some time. It's not fun this early in the year - started september. So I kinda feel your pain lol.

Likewise, last term project = killer.

FistOfThe North
POriginally posted by CadoAngelus
I did my research after I posted the comment, serves me right lol confused . I always end up having a starting char as a Imperial - love the whole Epic warrior knight thing about the race, then again that doesn't really apply exclusively to that race.

I love how the story is just so amazingly complex but simple to follow. Drew Karpyshyn is a truly amazing writer - he writes the story novels and the story boards for - most of - the games Bioware publish.

He is so compelling and i've read the first mass effect novel (Revelation) and i'm half way through Darth Bane Rule of Two (second book in the series) as well and i've just not been able to put them down when i pick them up.

No doubt this game will have just as rich a story as ME and ME2, if not something on a whole new plane of incredibility (probably just made that word up lol).

Jealous for your rig though dude - wish i had a computer with enough room to install both games on. I've got both games on Xbox, and although they both work perfectly and graphically they superior to a lot of other games, i've seen a couple of people playing them on PC and they're something else

I just found out that me2 won xplay 2010 game of the year. It also won for best writing, best role playing game.

FistOfThe North
http://g4tv.com/articles/73136/The-Best-Video-Games-of-2010---X-Plays-Best-Of-Awards-/

BackFire
They just announced that Clint Mansell will be doing the score for ME3. I'm very excited about this as Mansell does some of the best and most underrated original scores in the film industry over the last decade - Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler, Black Swan. His music is haunting and often dire and should fit the inevitably dark tone of this final game perfectly.

Elfan Vaneston
SmijKjosplM

Peach
What did I tell you about autoplaying videos? Do not do it.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by BackFire
They just announced that Clint Mansell will be doing the score for ME3. I'm very excited about this as Mansell does some of the best and most underrated original scores in the film industry over the last decade - Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler, Black Swan. His music is haunting and often dire and should fit the inevitably dark tone of this final game perfectly.

Requiem for a Dream is chilling in a way. I think the emotion in the composers style will definitely fit the game series' climax - provided this is the last game in the Human-Reaper war

Nemesis X
From Game Informer:

As daunting as the opposition is, Shepard may get some help from unexpected places. In one story-boarded sequence we saw, Shepard's is in a column of Krogan vehicles as an advancing Reaper devastates the surroundngs. A damaged Turian fighter crashes into the column, destroying Shepard's vehicle as the hulking foe moves forward. On foot and faced with a hopeless battle, all seems lost until a Thresher Maw bursts from ground and begins grappling the Reaper. Shepard runs underfoot as the two titanic creatures clash overhead, and the Thresher Maw gains the upper hand by constricting itself around the Reaper and pulling the machine under the sand. The struggle appears to be won, but then lasers begin bursting through the ground, indicating that Shepard should probably get out of there as fast as possible.

This game is going to be awesome.

Wait, wait, wait.

The majority of the Turian fleet and Citadel defense fleet were hard pressed to take out Sovereign alone, yet, a single Thresher Maw is able to hold its own against a Reaper? A thresher maw, that thing that Shepherd was able to kill by himself with a gun in ME2?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wait, wait, wait.

The majority of the Turian fleet and Citadel defense fleet were hard pressed to take out Sovereign alone, yet, a single Thresher Maw is able to hold its own against a Reaper? A thresher maw, that thing that Shepherd was able to kill by himself with a gun in ME2?

That surprised me at first but rumor has it that the Thresher Maw that attacked the Reaper is the Colossal Thresher Maw that most people in the Milky Way believe is a myth. Btw, don't forget the reason why the Turians and the Citadel had trouble dealing with Sovereign was because of it's mass effect fields which prevented projectile weaponry from hitting it. Of course physical attacks would be most effective. Remember fighting the Shadow Broker? He had a shield that was vulnerable to Shepard's punches. The battle between the Reaper and the Thresher Maw is in the same scenario.

Utrigita
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wait, wait, wait.

Also note that the size on the different reapers might vary considerable based on that each Reaper apparently is made of organic tissues of different species that have been killed. The Human reaper for instance was nowhere near as large as Sovereign as far as I could tell.

General Kaliero
The human Reaper was also incomplete. A human skeleton is a surprising bit smaller than a full human body.

I too am skeptical about a thresher maw having any chance against a reaper

Nemesis X
I think what should be the main highlight for this game is gloating at the Council for being wrong the whole time.

Turian Councilor - Shepard, you must help us! The Reapers are attacking the Citadel!

Shepard - "Ah yes, Reapers. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed that claim." Aren't those the exact words you told me awhile back, councilor?

Nephthys
Yes! We need to have those exact words in the game. Those exact f*cking words!

Nemesis X
Interesting thing about The Illusive Man in ME3. Apparently TIM is gonna sick his Cerberus forces on Shepard. DURING THE REAPER INVASION. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and say the reason for this is because he's extremely butthurt about Shepard destroying the Collector base.

ares834
But what if you saved it?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ares834
But what if you saved it?

Well then he'd probably not try to kill you. Like I said, I'm only shooting in the dark here. Why he's doing it is beyond me but that guess I made would be interesting if it's true.

Cyner
he'd probably kill you off either way

Juk3n
Heres the truth, it's like the matrix, there have been many Illusive Men, and Many Shadow Brokers, they are both pawns of the reapers who are put in place to keep tabs on the developemental aspects of this 50th decade batch of civilizations, both to make sure they don't stray frm the evolutionary path that the reapers lay down, and also to make sure a surefire defense against the reapers isn't invented.

They also run a smear campaign burying all evidence of reaper activity as the invasion moves closer to help things along and to create divides in factions, this is why we see the alliance STILL flapping even though they were goddamn witnesses to the first reaper.

Hackett is gonna be the loophole, he's been off the grid because he's set-up a secret division dedicated to developeing weapons to use against the reapers, it will be known that he was incharge of the "clean-up" crew at the citadel, and recovered the majority of the damaged reaper vessel to study it, which he ha successfully done because the reaper prensence (AI) had been killed when he transfered to saren.

This is also why Earth is the target, Hacketts base is Luna, and his defense /anti-reaper weapons are there also.

Final chapter is gonna rock.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Juk3n
Heres the truth, it's like the matrix, there have been many Illusive Men, and Many Shadow Brokers, they are both pawns of the reapers who are put in place to keep tabs on the developemental aspects of this 50th decade batch of civilizations, both to make sure they don't stray frm the evolutionary path that the reapers lay down, and also to make sure a surefire defense against the reapers isn't invented.

They also run a smear campaign burying all evidence of reaper activity as the invasion moves closer to help things along and to create divides in factions, this is why we see the alliance STILL flapping even though they were goddamn witnesses to the first reaper.

Hackett is gonna be the loophole, he's been off the grid because he's set-up a secret division dedicated to developeing weapons to use against the reapers, it will be known that he was incharge of the "clean-up" crew at the citadel, and recovered the majority of the damaged reaper vessel to study it, which he ha successfully done because the reaper prensence (AI) had been killed when he transfered to saren.

This is also why Earth is the target, Hacketts base is Luna, and his defense /anti-reaper weapons are there also.

Final chapter is gonna rock.

Is that speculation?

Nemesis X
Better be speculation. If not, then he's gonna pay for not putting on the spoiler tags mad

Nephthys
Except the Illusive Man brought Shepard back to life to kill teh Reapers. Why would he do that if he was working for them? Why? Why would he do that? Tell me. Tell me now. Tell me now x infinity.

Do it. DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Nephthys
Except the Illusive Man brought Shepard back to life to kill teh Reapers. Why would he do that if he was working for them? Why? Why would he do that? Tell me. Tell me now. Tell me now x infinity.

Do it. DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Shepard is an agent for the illusive man, didnt you notice that even when you disagreed with a particular plan of the illusive man, you STILL end up following his recommendations? Shepard is being guided down the path the reapers want, the plan is to "assume control" of the saviour of the galaxy thus making for a more efficient takeover. Shepard has done a fantastic job feeding EDI and the illusive man all the details of the derelict reaper BEFORE the alliance or a Turians could get there. The turians would have gone to the salarians and worked on defenses and weapons based on reaper tech, now they can't because The Illusive Reaper - man has all the data.

Nemesis X
Show me some evidence that proves the nonsense you're speaking is true.

It's called Theory Crafting, Nemesis.

Juk3n
Show me some evidence that proves the nonsense you're speaking is true.

Whats nonsensical about it? You did PLAY Mass Effect 2 didn't you? confused

CadoAngelus
Best bet to discover the Illusive Man's true motives is to read the Evolution Comics - it's an account of the Illusive Man living through the Turian-Human war... (haven't read it myself yet)

It's more likely to give hard facts rather than speculative theories.

I understand that the Illusive Man is exactly that: and like everyone else I'm intreged to find out what his role is in the whole scheme of things. But he's too pro-human to sell them out to the reapers. Plus you've got to look at the story behind Mass Effect 2...

...Human colonies are being taken and 'harvested' by Collectors for what? To be experimented on to create the new breed of Reaper. As Shepard you even have the chance to destroy the Collector base...what does this gain for the Reapers, and to follow your theory, what does this gain for the Illusive Man - if he is an agent of the Reapers?

BackFire
It was announced that the game will be delayed until the beginning of 2012. Not very surprising, same thing happened with ME2.

Nemesis X
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y329/MVanDii/FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU.jpg

These delays are such a nuisance. Game companies shouldn't announce release dates unless they're 100% certain that there will be no chance of any.

Nephthys
Hopefully in this game the Council will have pulled their thumbs out of their asses and will actually do something. Otherwise I fear they'll be in danger of accidentally brutally falling down a flight of bullets.

Nemesis X
Hopefully in this game the Council will have pulled their thumbs out of their asses and will actually do something. Otherwise I fear they'll be in danger of accidentally brutally falling down a flight of bullets.

Knowing them, they'll probably just think it's another Geth invasion and might actually die due to their ignorance.

In one of my playthroughs, I brought Legion to see the Council and he told them that Geth do not posess such advanced technology (the Reapers) and what was their response? "Your trophy is...suspectable." facepalm I hate the Council. I really do.

srankmissingnin
So many games scheduled for release this holiday season, a lot of them will get pushed back into 2012 I fear. At least other AAA titles will have a shot at GOTY now, because I have a feeling that ME3 would have overshadowed everything else, just like 2 did with poor Red Dead Redemption.

Nemesis X
Mass Effect is going Broke Back:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/16/mass-effect-3-will-have-gay-romance-option-for-male-shepard/

no expression

I smell another Fox news brick shitting.

Phanteros
I smell them making an ass out of themselves again with more author raids.

CadoAngelus
Mass Effect is going Broke Back:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/16/mass-effect-3-will-have-gay-romance-option-for-male-shepard/

no expression

Lol...doubt it'll be a sensual as the Female Shepard on Liara action ahaha

Agreed, Fox is gonna have a field day with this if they catch any wind of it going through

Zack Fair
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y329/MVanDii/FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU.jpg

These delays are such a nuisance. Game companies shouldn't announce release dates unless they're 100% certain that there will be no chance of any.

There is always the chance they decided to work on something they didn't think about before they announced any release date. I rather they delay the whole thing and give us an amazing and complete game then just getting half a game and then being forced to download the other half.

Knowing them, they'll probably just think it's another Geth invasion and might actually die due to their ignorance.

In one of my playthroughs, I brought Legion to see the Council and he told them that Geth do not posess such advanced technology (the Reapers) and what was their response? "Your trophy is...suspectable." facepalm I hate the Council. I really do.

QFT. At least we were given the chance to get them all killed in the first game 131

Nemesis X
Agreed, Fox is gonna have a field day with this if they catch any wind of it going through

Doubt it. Dragon Age Origins and its sequel have lots of homosexuality going on in them and yet Fox never hounded Bioware for it either because they realized how stupid they looked during the controversy of Mass Effect 1 or their gaydar has been broken for at least three years.

Digi
PC Gamer kinda upset me. While I generally enjoy their writing and format better than Game Informer, they revealed some medium-level spoilers about the game in their recent article without prepping me for it like GI does with their spoilers.

And who actually gets upset at changing release dates anymore? Haven't we learned to collectively ignore them when they're that far away? The game will be released at some point. That's enough for me. And honestly, anything to make the November pre-holiday blitz on releases more manageable for me is a good thing.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Digi
PC Gamer kinda upset me. While I generally enjoy their writing and format better than Game Informer, they revealed some medium-level spoilers about the game in their recent article without prepping me for it like GI does with their spoilers.

And who actually gets upset at changing release dates anymore? Haven't we learned to collectively ignore them when they're that far away? The game will be released at some point. That's enough for me. And honestly, anything to make the November pre-holiday blitz on releases more manageable for me is a good thing.

Agreed, besides, anyone who's ever relied on Valve to release their games has the patience of a saint...

Smasandian
I only get upset about release dates when they get pushed back a couple of weeks before.

But who actually thought that Mass Effect 3 was going to be released this year?

How awesome would it be if they got rid of Thermal Clips? Like, that would be ****ing ridiculously awesome.

Nemesis X
Here's a site revealing box art for ME3 (or at least one of the optional box arts anyway) which reveals the game possibly having kinect support. Also, Shepard appears to have a sword in his omni-tool:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/02/rumor-mass-effect-3-getting-better-with-kinect/

hmm

CadoAngelus
Here's a site revealing box art for ME3 (or at least one of the optional box arts anyway) which reveals the game possibly having kinect support. Also, Shepard appears to have a sword in his omni-tool:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/02/rumor-mass-effect-3-getting-better-with-kinect/

hmm

Ignoring the speculative comments on that page, I'm not sure how they'd implement Kinect with ME3 - it could either make or break the game IMO - there's just so much interatively about ME as a series that makes me think that it could be more trouble than it's worth to implement the Kinect.

Zack Fair
-ViG6hV1ehU
"We fight or we die. That is the plan"
http://www.frumsatire.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jizz-in-my-pants-jewish-300x222.jpg

Nemesis X
An Omni-Blade? I thought that was a silly idea until Shepard went and made me say "I stand corrected" after peforming such badass moves with it.

Zack Fair
Dude haven't you learned the first law of the universe?

Shepard's sheer badassery makes even wearing a black swan outfit to a gangsta shootout an intelligent, completely overpowered move.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Dude haven't you learned the first law of the universe?

Shepard's sheer badassery makes even wearing a black swan outfit to a gangsta shootout an intelligent, completely overpowered move.

Jon Grissom Academy doesn't teach me enough apparently sad

That I'd like to see laughing out loud

Phanteros
lBjoi5BiKoc

Zack Fair
Female Krogans....woot

Hype...no...too early over

Nemesis X
Rz64bwTzM74

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Phanteros
lBjoi5BiKoc

Ho...ly...shit.

ares834
Was watching a live E3 demo and Shepard said something very intresting.

Apparently Cerberus is indoctrinated!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ares834
Was watching a live E3 demo and Shepard said something very intresting.

Apparently Cerberus is indoctrinated!

No surprise there.

Nemesis X
Latest interview with Casey Hudson:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/309188/mass-effect-3-bioware-on-surprises-inspiration-and-tough-decisions/

We get to punch reporters still huh? Well that's good although I have mixed feelings about the idea of Bioware revealing Tali's face (especially due to the fact that they still have no idea what she looks like). What made her interesting from the get go was that like Master Chief, her hidden face made fans wonder and because of that mystery, she became more interesting. To go and show off that Quarian's face would be like revealing what Area 51 has been actually hiding: it ruins the stream of theories and speculation thus making the subject less intriguing. Yes, I'm sure she looks cute, hot, and/or sexy but for the sake of keeping her interesting, the staff making this game should leave her alone and let us, the fans, decide on what she may look like through the power of imagination!

FinalAnswer
Nah.

Master Chief is lame.

Tali's face FTW.

General Kaliero

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/309188/mass-effect-3-bioware-on-surprises-inspiration-and-tough-decisions/

We get to punch reporters still huh? Well that's good although I have mixed feelings about the idea of Bioware revealing Tali's face (especially due to the fact that they still have no idea what she looks like). What made her interesting from the get go was that like Master Chief, her hidden face made fans wonder and because of that mystery, she became more interesting. To go and show off that Quarian's face would be like revealing what Area 51 has been actually hiding: it ruins the stream of theories and speculation thus making the subject less intriguing. Yes, I'm sure she looks cute, hot, and/or sexy but for the sake of keeping her interesting, the staff making this game should leave her alone and let us, the fans, decide on what she may look like through the power of imagination!
Disagree. What made Tali interesting was her strength tempered by realistic worry.

...and that accent. Damn. <3

CadoAngelus

Mostly agree. But the thing tht made Tali interesting for me was a mixture between he specifically and the Quarians as a species. Quarians: the fact that they're biologically opposed to humans making it difficult for them to make any physical contact without a suit.

Tali: the fact that she takes a shine to Shepard, she becomes the literal forbidden fruit. If you touch her she runs the risk of getting seriously ill and dying. That's why - though I have to keep reminding myself it is a game, Drew Karpyshyn has an amazing ability to take me beyond the game frontage and into his world - i have never tryed to "go" with Tali in all my play throughs of ME2, I can't bring myself to do it for the morality of the situation lol.

BackFire
Personally I think hiding a person's face is just a very lazy way of invoking a very shallow level of interest in that character. It's an old and simple tactic that literally any storyteller can do it. I'd be happy if they did show her face here, since this is the final game.

What made her interesting is that she was one of the more well developed and nuanced characters in the game. I also personally find her backstory much richer than most of the other characters in the game, as was her loyalty mission.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Nah.

Master Chief is lame.

Tali's face FTW.

Don't "nah" me you waffle.

You hating him is what makes John awesome.

Yes I'm sure showing a face that's a mystery to even the creators is a good idea. No chance of ruining our expectations at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Disagree. What made Tali interesting was her strength tempered by realistic worry.

...and that accent. Damn. <3

So you're telling me you never wondered what lies beyond that mask of hers? Also, I agree with the accent. It really does sound good on her.

Mostly agree. But the thing tht made Tali interesting for me was a mixture between he specifically and the Quarians as a species. Quarians: the fact that they're biologically opposed to humans making it difficult for them to make any physical contact without a suit.

Tali: the fact that she takes a shine to Shepard, she becomes the literal forbidden fruit. If you touch her she runs the risk of getting seriously ill and dying. That's why - though I have to keep reminding myself it is a game, Drew Karpyshyn has an amazing ability to take me beyond the game frontage and into his world - i have never tryed to "go" with Tali in all my play throughs of ME2, I can't bring myself to do it for the morality of the situation lol.

Yeah having her exposed and possibly dying would make me feel like a selfish, uncaring @$$hole too which is why I never attempted to woo her no matter how appealing she might be and besides, I've imported my romance interests from the first game and sure there's the option to do some two-timing but I'm a better man than that.

FinalAnswer
Don't "nah" me you waffle.

You hating him is what makes John awesome.

Yes I'm sure showing a face that's a mystery to even the creators is a good idea. No chance of ruining our expectations at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

You don't even have maple syrup for your waffles brah.

Except John as a character is about as one-dimensional as you can get : D

The mystery about Tali's face isn't what's important about her character, it's her actual character. =|

And brah, there's always a chance something can ruin someone's expectations. Perhaps they shouldn't even make Mass Effect 3, as without a doubt it will ruin SOMEONE'S expectations.

And besides, you don't even romance her. 131

Nephthys
Nemesis is obviously wrong that her face being hidden is what makes her an interesting character. But imo is is a part of what makes her interesting. Something you cannot see is often more intriguing than not. It was much more interesting to speculate about Darth Vaders fall than to see it. Its fun trying to guess what she looks like from what we can see.

However, if this is to be the final chapter in a trilogy then I don't see why not.

Cyner
I had my way with Tali... several times.

She's my favorite of the options from her personality and character developement. I need to finalize my choices in ME2. Either gonna go with the Tali or none choices. If I go with the non-choice then maybe I can get Liara again in the third game...

Nemesis X
Wait, did I say that what only made Tali interesting was her hidden face? Forgive me if I made everyone think that way. Her hidden face does make her interesting but other than that, you have to really admire her for her cute personality and intriguing dilemmas. Out of all the things I have to do for the others on my team, hers really stands out for it gives that emotional impact and throughout the ME games, I sometimes feel like she's a little sister to me.

That's because I'm making sure she doesn't possibly die from exposure you moron. Btw, you only romancing Tali 'cause she's the only one who doesn't threaten your "masculinity"?

General Kaliero
To be fair, her only reaction to that exposure is a cold. And in her words, it was "worth it."

Nemesis X
To be fair, her only reaction to that exposure is a cold. And in her words, it was "worth it."

A lot of illnesses can start with a cold you know. If she thinks it's worth it then I have no objection for it's her choice.

FinalAnswer
That's because I'm making sure she doesn't possibly die from exposure you moron. Btw, you only romancing Tali 'cause she's the only one who doesn't threaten your "masculinity"?

And she's had a crush on you for however long, but breaking her heart's fine too I guess.

And it's not long you don't take an ungodly amount of precautions and consult the medical gawd that is Mordin.

waitwut?

No

I only romance Tali out of the ME2 choices because I care nothing for Jack and Miranda is possibly the blandest party member on the Normandy.

Nephthys
But the priiiiiiiiize! awepedo

.......sorry I had to say it.

ares834
But the priiiiiiiiize! awepedo

no expression

Assuming direct control.

Nephthys
Oh crap my arms outta control. Its slapping me senseless! Please ares, have mercy!

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>