Aquaman vs Maxwell Lord vs Mastermind (Martinique)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Glorificus
Low end telepaths duel.

Who comes out on top?

-Pr-
They aren't that low end.

Not sure who'd win though. I'd go with Aquaman for now.

OneDumbG0
^ Definitely not low end. thumb up

I vote for Maxwell Lord.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Glorificus
Low end telepaths duel.

Who comes out on top?

LOW END?!?!

id say Aquman has it.....i mean i feel his tp would be strong enough that max won't get a shot off so to speak......

and if all else fails then AM could fend off mind attack long enough to punch Max Lords head off

Glorificus
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
LOW END?!?!

Well they're certainly not "high-end". I would put them in the low to low-medium end. Along with Stepford Cuckoos, and maybe Classic Psylocke.

Medium end would be people a level higher, either in skill or raw power - people like Gorilla Grodd, Jean Grey sans Phoenix, Exodus, Manchester Black, Emma Frost, Sersi, Mr. Sinister, etc.

The high end people are around Xavier level or higher - Xavier/Onslaught, Moondragon, Cassandra Nova, Despero, Shadow King, Martian Manhunter/Fernus, Kid Omega, PC Saturn Girl, etc.

And the ultra-high end are people like Shaman Nate Grey, Mageddon, Phoenix, etc.

-Pr-
i'd actually have the likes of Arthur and Lord higher up, but i disagree with your ordering as it is so no biggie lol...

OneDumbG0
Well they're certainly not "high-end". I would put them in the low to low-medium end. Along with Stepford Cuckoos, and maybe Classic Psylocke.

Medium end would be people a level higher, either in skill or raw power - people like Gorilla Grodd, Jean Grey sans Phoenix, Exodus, Manchester Black, Emma Frost, Sersi, Mr. Sinister, etc. In Justice League: Generation Lost, Maxwell Lord accomplished with several gallons of blood something that only Sentry has done with telepathy: instantaneous global-scale mental manipulation that continues to persist despite those being affected facing evidence to thte contrary. He is one of the premier telepaths in comics.

Q99

Medium end would be people a level higher, either in skill or raw power - people like Gorilla Grodd, Jean Grey sans Phoenix, Exodus, Manchester Black, Emma Frost, Sersi, Mr. Sinister, etc.

The high end people are around Xavier level or higher - Xavier/Onslaught, Moondragon, Cassandra Nova, Despero, Shadow King, Martian Manhunter/Fernus, Kid Omega, PC Saturn Girl, etc.

And the ultra-high end are people like Shaman Nate Grey, Mageddon, Phoenix, etc.

In Booster Gold, Max was stalemating J'onn in a telepathy head-to-head. Also in Generation Lost, he mindwiped the world.

The only drawback is the more he uses, the more he bleeds, but he apparently can just keep turning it up.

Glorificus
Hmmm I wasn't aware of this new power upgrade. I thought Maxwell Lord was someone who had to take years and years and great difficulty and effort just to enter the mind of Superman.
Did he need an external device to amp himself to this level? What was all the blood for? And in normal battle settings, is this blood/device amping something readily available to boost his powers? I was thinking of his powers without these resources boosting him, just him at his natural consistent state.

And is he even versatile enough or capable of anything else besides mind control? What about psychic shields? Is he capable of defending his mind from being psi bolted or mind controlled from the likes of the mid-tier people?

And I'm not aware of any of Aquaman's feats that put him at the mid-tier level of say Jean Grey or Exodus. Has he also mind controlled a large population of people? Or done some extremely skilled things with his TP like psychic surgery or mass illusions etc.?

OneDumbG0
^ He bleeds when he uses his powers. That's why he had the blood machine. But that blood machine didn't enhance his powers like Cerebro would. It just replaced the blood he kept losing when pushing his powers. Without it, he's casually controlled Captain Atom and even Green Lanterns. Originally posted by Q99
In Booster Gold, Max was stalemating J'onn in a telepathy head-to-head. Also in Generation Lost, he mindwiped the world.

The only drawback is the more he uses, the more he bleeds, but he apparently can just keep turning it up. What? Max just came back in Blackest Night, so are you talking about an alternate reality Maxwell Lord? If so, that isn't this Maxwell Lord. J'onn has already proven utterly impotent in the face of Lord's mental tampering and himself got manipulated along with everybody else on the planet.

-Pr-
Not this again... sad

Q99
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
What? Max just came back in Blackest Night, so are you talking about an alternate reality Maxwell Lord? If so, that isn't this Maxwell Lord. J'onn has already proven utterly impotent in the face of Lord's mental tampering and himself got manipulated along with everybody else on the planet.

Alternate timeline, yea, but it's not supposed to be a different Max so much as just one who didn't get found out by Tedd.

Also in that timeline, he came prepared and expected Max, and Max still seemed to be winning.

OneDumbG0
^ It's not current Maxwell Lord. The Sentry and Thor from What If? Secret Invasion weren't supposed to be any different either and Thor snapped Sentry's neck in that alternate reality. We sure know that isn't how it would go down between current Sentry and Thor because it's literally not how it went down at all.

In other words: Originally posted by -Pr-
Not this again... sad

-Pr-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ It's not current Maxwell Lord. The Sentry and Thor from What If? Secret Invasion weren't supposed to be any different either and Thor snapped Sentry's neck in that alternate reality. We sure know that isn't how it would go down between current Sentry and Thor because it's literally not how it went down at all.

In other words:

don't twist my words bucko. uhuh

Prep-Man
Max as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.