Who is comics Power Couple?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
What couple do you think tops the list? What couple is the most powerful?

Parmaniac
Batman & Robin

Bentley
Jean Gray and Wolverine eek!

Omega Vision
Batman and whatever broad he's banging.

Q99
Thanos and Death.

The Nuul
Supes and Batman.

Mshinu
Squirrel Girl and her biatch, TOAA

Mindship
If you mean real power, I'd go with Eternity and Infinity. If you're talking well-knownness or iconic comics status -- and male with female (sorry, but when I see "couple," male/female is what first comes to mind) -- then I think of Reed and Sue Richards.

Bentley
Doom and his hand!

Q99
Originally posted by Mindship
If you mean real power, I'd go with Eternity and Infinity. If you're talking well-knownness or iconic comics status -- and male with female (sorry, but when I see "couple," male/female is what comes to mind) -- then I think of Reed and Sue Richards.

How about Eternity and the female representation of DC from JLA/Avengers?

Omega Vision
Lucifer and Mazikeen.

Bentley
Originally posted by Q99
How about Eternity and the female representation of DC from JLA/Avengers?

Kismet suckz.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman and whatever broad he's banging. simply banging a chick doesn't make them a couple

zeel
wonder twins of coarse.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Mindship
If you mean real power, I'd go with Eternity and Infinity. If you're talking well-knownness or iconic comics status -- and male with female (sorry, but when I see "couple," male/female is what first comes to mind) -- then I think of Reed and Sue Richards.

I think iconic status is only a part of it. Sue and Reed have the celebrity status but they are too bland to be a real power couple.

Power couples are what Storm and T'Challa were supposed to be but that fell flat on it's face.

Scott and Emma would be the closest thing to the power couple Marvel Earth has the moment.

Maybe Gladiator and Medusa if they get together.

Colossus-Big C
Mxy & Batmite

Mask & Lobo

byrdgang21
I meant couple as in male/female relationship.

Hulk & Caiera
Reed & Sue
Nova & Gamora
Etc

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman and whatever broad he's banging. Robin?

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Maybe Gladiator and Medusa if they get together. Eww gross. And shouldnt G be banging his cousin to repopulate his species?

Originally posted by zeel
wonder twins of coarse. Do they still exist? I loved them in that old cartoon.

Q99
Originally posted by byrdgang21
I meant couple as in male/female relationship.

Hulk & Caiera
Reed & Sue
Nova & Gamora
Etc

People can have relationships without it being male/female you know.

Obsidian/Damon, Phyla/Moondragon, Batman/Superman.

Are they still trying to force that or are they letting it fade?

It really fell short on the Storm side of things, and how they tried to shoe-horn him into her backstory so hard.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Starscream M
simply banging a chick doesn't make them a couple Wrong they are a couple a couple of ****ers prove me wrong eek!

The Nuul
Quan with Shoko or H1.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
Eww gross. And shouldnt G be banging his cousin to repopulate his species?

Shouldn't Xenith be locked up some where?

Well that's the closest thing I could think of to an actual power couple. Both have high profiles, actual celebrity status and if they got together they'd amalgamate their political influence.

No wait that doesn't work, Medusa is already the ruler of the Sh'iar Empire.

It'd have to be Blastaar and Medusa.

Originally posted by Q99
People can have relationships without it being male/female you know.

Obsidian/Damon, Phyla/Moondragon, Batman/Superman.

But batman and superman do not have sex as far as we know.

Q99
The Catwoman/Batman thing was a power couple situation.

Shouldn't Xenith be locked up some where?

Well that's the closest thing I could think of to an actual power couple. Both have high profiles, actual celebrity status and if they got together they'd amalgamate their political influence.

No wait that doesn't work, Medusa is already the ruler of the Sh'iar Empire.

It'd have to be Blastaar and Medusa. I don't hink she has much staying power though. I think I missed some inhuman stories between silent war and war of kings. Did they cure Medusa's son? Did maximus lose his TP? How sane is he right now?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
I don't hink she has much staying power though. I think I missed some inhuman stories between silent war and war of kings. Did they cure Medusa's son? Did maximus lose his TP? How sane is he right now?

Last time I saw Ahura was in Secret Invasion. That Emma/Medusa/Jean Skrull had him dampened telepathically. He seemed fine in that.

Maximus didn't seem so mad in War of the kings. He still has his powers IRRC.

Last time I saw Ahura was in Secret Invasion. That Emma/Medusa/Jean Skrull had him dampened telepathically. He seemed fine in that.

Maximus didn't seem so mad in War of the kings. He still has his powers IRRC. Yes, maximus seems fine now, but did they explain his rehabilitation? I got the impression they dropped his TP and gave him a version of forge's power in war of kings.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
Yes, maximus seems fine now, but did they explain his rehabilitation? I got the impression they dropped his TP and gave him a version of forge's power in war of kings.

Maximus was always an inventor. He still has his TP don't remember if fixing his sanity was explained. Answer should be in that War of Kings one-shot where Blackbolt releases him. I think BB mentions something about it in there can't remember what though.

SamZED
Ow f#$k that people! Two pages and noone has mentioned Beast Boy and Raven??!! Raven has the power to end the DC world while Beast Boy is a "doorway" for it to happen. They're back together and currently are protecting the world while posessing the power to destroy it. Doesnt that sound like a Power Couple to you???

Maximus was always an inventor. He still has his TP don't remember if fixing his sanity was explained. Answer should be in that War of Kings one-shot where Blackbolt releases him. I think BB mentions something about it in there can't remember what though. Has he used his TP since? He didn't even try to use it when the rest of the family concluded he was ploting against Medusa.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
Has he used his TP since? He didn't even try to use it when the rest of the family concluded he was ploting against Medusa.

I'm pretty sure he used it, I'll have to read War of Kings over again to get you the exact issue. I seem to recall him doing that. Didn't he also use it in Secret Invasion?

Q99
Originally posted by SamZED
Ow f#$k that people! Two pages and noone has mentioned Beast Boy and Raven??!! Raven has the power to end the DC world while Beast Boy is a "doorway" for it to happen. They're back together and currently are protecting the world while posessing the power to destroy it. Doesnt that sound like a Power Couple to you???

Considering they're an on-again off-again type, not so much.

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99
Considering they're an on-again off-again type, not so much. Arent most of couples in comix?

Q99
Arent most of couples in comix?

A lot are, but I think in order to be a 'power couple' they need to have spent a significant amount of time together. Gar and Raven, haven't done that so much yet.

Black bolt z
Dr. Doom and Dr. Doom.

He would never be with anyone less then him.And no one is greater then Doom!

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99
A lot are, but I think in order to be a 'power couple' they need to have spent a significant amount of time together. Gar and Raven, haven't done that so much yet. Well over a year is something.. And they only broke up cause Raven was worried he might get hurt because of her. Now they're back together.. imo that should count for something..

Bentley
About the whole Maximus debacle I seem to remember Crystal implied that the Royal family got used to Maximus's tp or something like that. It was a weird statement, that's why I remember it. Maximus is still mad, but he doesn't show it in destructive ways, since they reinstated him into a power position; the whole running around and throwing weapons at Ronan and Crystal instead of explaining was part of a madness showing.

Originally posted by Bentley
About the whole Maximus debacle I seem to remember Crystal implied that the Royal family got used to Maximus's tp or something like that. It was a weird statement, that's why I remember it. Maximus is still mad, but he doesn't show it in destructive ways, since they reinstated him into a power position; the whole running around and throwing weapons at Ronan and Crystal instead of explaining was part of a madness showing. He was also under orders from medusa to keep secrecy. Would Ronan also be immune to his TP?

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
He was also under orders from medusa to keep secrecy. Would Ronan also be immune to his TP?

No, precisely. At some point of his running away he uses those powers on Ronan and Crystal says he hasn't developped inmunity yet.

Q99
Well over a year is something.. And they only broke up cause Raven was worried he might get hurt because of her. Now they're back together.. imo that should count for something..

Over a year isn't that long in terms of issue count.

A lot of relationships are a lot more established.

wammamram
spiderman and mary jane naughty

Uriel005
whoever galacta's mother was and galactus.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Uriel005
whoever galacta's mother was and galactus. Mrs. Galan.

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99
Over a year isn't that long in terms of issue count.

A lot of relationships are a lot more established. That's true. sad

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards and his computer

PRAYERRUN
I'll go with Superman and Wonder Woman....at least in the comic Enquirer. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.