Cross Genre Match #19: Classic Doctor Strange vs Dark Schneider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Dark Schneider (Bastard!)

vs

Classic Strange

Scenario 1: No prep.

Scenario 2: Both sides get thirty minutes prep

Scenario 3: Both sides get one day's prep

No PIS, No CIS.

Who wins?

Parmaniac
Before people just throw stuff out like "Schneider stomps", I really wanna see some feats cause I have no clue who this guy even is.

the ninjak
Is he like Evil Rob Schneider?
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/robsc.jpg
He doesnt stand a chance against Strange!

marwash22
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Before people just throw stuff out like "Schneider stomps", I really wanna see some feats cause I have no clue who this guy even is.

Q99
He's from the anime Bastard!, all his spells are heavy metal references, he's the most powerful sorcerer on his world, and he brought himself back from death with his magic once.

I can't tell you much more than that, but presumably one of the nominators'll come along.

Prep-Man
Feats?

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
all his spells are heavy metal references,

interesting

Q99
I know a lot of people were pushing for this one, c'mon you supporters, talk about what he's done smile

marwash22
Originally posted by the ninjak

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/robsc.jpg
smash.

King Kandy
Here's a respect thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=460211

I'm hoping endless mike or someone will come along who knows more than this.

carver9
Schneider 10/10

This is a stomp. I will post feats later... at work.

Classic strange would have been better

batdude123
Originally posted by carver9

lolwut?

This is Classic Strange.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by batdude123
lolwut?

This is Classic Strange.
Go easy on him...he's not very bright.

batdude123
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Go easy on him...he's not very bright.

Yes, I would know this more than most.

King Kandy
Originally posted by carver9
Schneider 10/10

This is a stomp. I will post feats later... at work.

Read the title.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
Read the title.
And the OP. durpalm

carver9
Damn... my bad peeps. With that said, strange 8/10

King Kandy
Posting feats would be nice, though.

Omega Vision
Id and Endless Mike need to step up.

SasuOna
Classic Doctor Strange wins
Would it be a stretch to say that he can take all of Dark Schneider's powers or would something like Dispel Bound prevent that?
I'm sure someone like Shuma Gorath is above DS and doctor strange took his powers.

In any case Doctor Strange should be able to win with some difficulty

"Id"

King Kandy

Astner
Originally posted by "Id"
As far as destructive capabilities go, in his fight with Uriel, an entire dimension was destroyed via collateral damage. This of course was Majin DS w/L01.
An unquantifiable feat. Not to mention that the same battle caused virtually no damage to the second battlefield, the Earth.

I'm placing my money on Dr. Strange for obvious reasons.

SasuOna
Not to mention that dimension busting feat was hardly the size of a real universe.
Dr Strange took the powers from Infinity and Eternity. He should be quite capable of depowering DS

Omega Vision
Where the **** are the Anime/Manga fanboys? sneer

illadelph12
Good question.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Astner
An unquantifiable feat. Not to mention that the same battle caused virtually no damage to the second battlefield, the Earth.

I'm placing my money on Dr. Strange for obvious reasons.
It's not obvious at all, since nobody has posted anything to support anything.

Omega Vision
Seriously. People need to step up. On both sides.

Q99
Yea, for a matchup that had been heavily voted on in several nominations, I would hope for a little more.

Though I admit I kinda expected this- two magic users from two different settings where magic works quite differently? A lot depends on how their magic interacts.

Warlord
I'd debate but my heavy metal days are behind me now big grin

"Id"

Omega Vision

illadelph12
This is one of those situations where I wish *gasp* Tricksterpriest was still around.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by illadelph12
This is one of those situations where I wish *gasp* Tricksterpriest was still around.
Apparently I'm something of a pale substitute to him. stick out tongue

illadelph12
True, you're not nearly as much of a spaz or anime fanboy to pass for Trickster.

Do you celebrate Hanukkah?

Tha C-Master
Lol Tricks was crazy. He took one of my jokes seriously and went off. I think it's in my profile.

Astner
People seem to have gotten the idea when it comes to voting. You're not suppose to vote for a match you're unable to argue in. Don't vote in expectation of that others will do the debating because it will end up like this.

This is why the entire veto concept doesn't work. Because there will always be a few people who think that a certain type of battle is overdone even though it's good, just to get something else.

Bastard!! isn't that popular of a manga in Japan (considering the volumes released and the rate of the release) and it's even less popular in the west. In fact, Viz manga stopped translating it due to the lack of sales.

The manga itself is an inconsistent piece of garbage (see my review) so it's rather difficult to establish the level of the characters in said work. I.e. first it was established that the seraphim were faster than light, five volumes later it was established that the most powerful form a seraph could attain made him able to get close to the speed of light.

So it's rather difficult to scale them using comic characters.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by marwash22
smash. With a wrecking ball.

Digi
Originally posted by Astner
People seem to have gotten the idea when it comes to voting. You're not suppose to vote for a match you're unable to argue in. Don't vote in expectation of that others will do the debating because it will end up like this.

This is why the entire veto concept doesn't work. Because there will always be a few people who think that a certain type of battle is overdone even though it's good, just to get something else.

Bastard!! isn't that popular of a manga in Japan (considering the volumes released and the rate of the release) and it's even less popular in the west. In fact, Viz manga stopped translating it due to the lack of sales.

The manga itself is an inconsistent piece of garbage (see my review) so it's rather difficult to establish the level of the characters in said work. I.e. first it was established that the seraphim were faster than light, five volumes later it was established that the most powerful form a seraph could attain made him able to get close to the speed of light.

So it's rather difficult to scale them using comic characters.

heh. and people wondered why I quelled the joint anime/comic vs. forum idea back in my tenure as head mod in this forum. It's almost always like this with direct comparisons.

Astner
Originally posted by Digi
heh. and people wondered why I quelled the joint anime/comic vs. forum idea back in my tenure as head mod in this forum. It's almost always like this with direct comparisons.
No, that's not what I meant.

While comics can be inconsistent, there are certain generalizing factors. Most comic readers know when a certain character accomplishes something impressive and vice versa.

"Oh, Spider-man actually managed to hold up that bridge with nothing but web and strength?"

"No! Flash should be faster than to be hit by Deathstroke!"

And single author written stories are generally consistent.

Bastard!! is one of the few exceptions to that. In one chapter you have minion demons traveling light-years in days (or less) going millions of times faster than light, four volumes later you have the most powerful characters not being able to reach lightspeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.