Rulk vs Wonder Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
You know how it goes.

Cis on PIS is off.

Who wins? This is the current non energy leaching Rulk.

Bentley
Current Rulk hasn't done anything in particular that Simon couldn't have done, arguably Ross should've better fighting skills and healing factor but he's grounded and has a lower vulnerabilty threshold. One way or another it will be a close fight.

But Wonderman is way more awesome so he must win.

byrdgang21
Good fight. I say Rulk, he is a smarter more tactical fighter.

Stoic
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Good fight. I say Rulk, he is a smarter more tactical fighter.

I believe that he is also stronger, but I'll wait and see how well he does.

Warlord
does Rulk have dynamic strength like Hulk?

Stoic
Originally posted by Warlord
does Rulk have dynamic strength like Hulk?

I don't think Rulk can increase his strength like Banner does, but his base is great enough to go blow for blow with Thor as seen in his last appearance. Does he need to have dynamic strength amping like Banner to over power Simon?

Mshinu
Rulk punches his nuts off, turning Simon into Wonder Woman.

Warlord

TheLordofMurder
If Rulk is being empowered with the Loeb Force, then this fight is over before it even starts...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Warlord
does Rulk have dynamic strength like Hulk? In a way when he was able to absorb energy, yes the more energy the more strength. But by going angry, no instead of getting stronger he gets hotter, which turns out as a weakness at a certain point.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't think Rulk can increase his strength like Banner does, but his base is great enough to go blow for blow with Thor as seen in his last appearance. Does he need to have dynamic strength amping like Banner to over power Simon?

His base was enough to kick Thor ass (or was it RKT), KO Watcher in one punch (elbow) and kill Grandmaster with two blows. That should be more than enough to tear WM easily.

He amped his power through Silver Surfer, but when he killed Grandmaster, Galactus already took his added power.

But it seems that current Rulk is below himself as shown in the beggining.

Bentley
They confirmed he had leeched power in every battle he fought. Including Thor, his first fight with Hulk and probably against Uatu.

Meaning current Rulk is depowered in the truest sense of the word.

Warlord
Originally posted by Xplosive
His base was enough to kick Thor ass (or was it RKT), KO Watcher in one punch (elbow) and kill Grandmaster with two blows. That should be more than enough to tear WM easily.

he was still draining energy from his energy when he performed these feats and it was Thor with a portion of the odinforce

Xplosive
Originally posted by Bentley
They confirmed he had leeched power in every battle he fought. Including Thor, his first fight with Hulk and probably against Uatu.

Aha, ok. And now he isn't capable of that anymore?

So, he is simply weaker. And his ability is gone?

Bentley
Aha, ok. And now he isn't capable of that anymore?

So, he is simply weaker. And his ability is gone?

He no longer has them at least for the time being, Thor and Banner confirmed so in the past few issues.

Xplosive
And how they just gone? How he becamse just depowered like that?

I really liked his rampage.

Bentley
Banner more or less lobotomized the part in Ross's brain that gave him access to that power.

I kind of thought the power made Rulk more unique, but now they changed it so Ross would die if he used it too much.

Xplosive
Banner more or less lobotomized the part in Ross's brain that gave him access to that power.

In Ross brain or when he was Rulk? And did Ross wanted it that way or how it happened?

Bentley
In Ross brain or when he was Rulk? And did Ross wanted it that way or how it happened?

As I explained by editing, it was forced but it was also made so in order to have Ross surviving. The leeching power was a weapon from M.O.D.O.K. to eventually destroy Rulk.

Xplosive
Aha, ok. Thanks for clearing it up.

Rulk just isn't the badass anymore. sad

Stoic

Where did it state that his base strength was diminished? I believe that you are wrong.

This is Marvel's take on Red Hulk before he even began to leech.

Red Hulk possesses an incredible level of superhuman physical strength, stamina and durability. Unlike the Hulk, whose physical strength is potentially limitless due to the fact that the Hulk's strength increases with his level of anger, the Red Hulk becomes hotter as he grows angrier leaving huge amounts of residual radiation after a heated confrontation. This temperature increase may serve as a hindrance to the Red Hulk but that has yet to be determined.

The Red Hulk can also use his superhumanly strong leg muscles to leap great distances including into orbit around the Earth. The Red Hulk has shown to be nearly invulnerable to physical damage regardless of the cause, and has also shown the ability to regenerate damaged areas of tissue at an amazing rate. It is entirely possible that the Red Hulk also has the Hulk's resistance to extreme temperatures, poisons, and diseases but that, too, has yet to be revealed. However, as in outer space, Red Hulk can hold his breath for an extremely long amount of time and function normally, even under times of great duress.

This is Marvel's take on Red Hulk when combining the leech effect

An attribute of the Red Hulk which isn't known to many is what gives him his tremendous power. Red Hulk is able to absorb radiation, mostly gamma radiation, but he can also absorb other types such as cosmic radiation too. The more he absorbs, the more powerful he becomes.

At one time, Ross's mind controlled the form of Zzzax and commanded Zzzax's powers too. When his mind was returned to his original body, Ross could still release some of the electromagnetic energy at will for a brief period.

I don't believe that Rulk's base strength was lessened when the gene in his brain was nullified. It is my belief that he is just as strong, he just does not have the ability to amplify his strength the way that he used to. This is also if he amplified his strength, which I need to check for validation. My understanding is that he can no longer hit his opponents with gamma/cosmic energy/ambient energy bomb punches, as seen in his last fight with Banner.

the ninjak
It's too early after Rulk's Lobotomy to guage this fight.

Bentley
I never said it diminished his base strength, just that he was depowered.

the ninjak

That Amp allowed him big wins. I see him still winning this though.

Stoic

Oh, I'm sorry Bentley, I thought you meant that he was physically weaker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.