HALO & Alma VS Silent Hill (again)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
GK closed my other thread because of some rules that limited the match.

So, this is the revised match-up.

All units of HALO (including Master Chief, and YES they fight as an army ahuh)

They are assisted by F.E.A.R.'s Alma.

VS

Alessa Gillespie, The Goddess, and Valtiel

Fight takes place in the Otherworld.

StyleTime
Silent Hill threads require pretty specific provisions for the non Silent Hill participants.

I don't see how they could actually "kill" Alessa or The Incubator(The Goddess/The Woman in White). Valtiel is vaguely hinted to be unkillable as well, but he can probably revive either of them in the event something happens.

Silent Hill isn't exactly brimming with feats, but the HALO characters may find themselves wandering around in the Otherworld or Nowhere for eternity based on what we know. This thread is probably coming down to Alma vs the Silent Hill team.

In character though, Alessa is suicidal. That alone may decide the victor.

NemeBro
All units of HALO?

You mean the Spartan program?

Or is Silent Hill fighting a network of galaxy killing rings in space? no expression

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by NemeBro
All units of HALO?

Or is Silent Hill fighting a network of galaxy killing rings in space? no expression
NO not those lol

Only the Spartans and the Covenants.

The units themselves, without their vehicles and ships.

RE: Blaxican
From what I've heard, a lot of the silent hill chars kill you through like, fear, right?

If that's the case then it's a stalemate I suppose.

StyleTime
Yes, many use indirect methods. Some don't though.

How long can the Halo collective support life in the Otherworld?

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
From what I've heard, a lot of the silent hill chars kill you through like, fear, right?

If that's the case then it's a stalemate I suppose.

They kill you by bringing your suppressed emotions and fears to life to literally rape your face.

smile

AsbestosFlaygon
bumped for great justice

RE: Blaxican
Spartans have no fear. So, like I said, a stalemate.

FinalAnswer
Silent Hill makes everyone kills the SPARTANS, then an hero.

gg

AthenasTrgrFngr
pitch forks and mannequins are no match for the master chef

FinalAnswer
B-b-b-but

I'm pretty sure everyone else

I mean, I'm pretty sure the covenant and everyone else pose SOME kinda threat, rite?

AthenasTrgrFngr
the master chief doesnt afraid of anything. hes already killed over a thousand covenant! =D

FinalAnswer
AT ONCE?!?!? D=

menokokoro
Originally posted by NemeBro
All units of HALO?

Or is Silent Hill fighting a network of galaxy killing rings in space? no expression laughing What? you don't think they can do that?

Jinkaza1987
this is a bit of a weird thread if you ask me, but fortunately i have played all three games, so i suppose i can comment a little bit... this one goes to HALO team, the last silent hill game i played was homecoming, and in that game a returning junior ranked soldier is able to make his way thru the game, i know that its not an accurate comparison but imagine hoards of spartan and covenant armies plus ALMA from fear on their side.... i think they can win it...

StyleTime
I'd like to clear up some things.

Firstly, fear isn't the only emotion that can be used against you in Silent Hill. Any "negative" emotions like guilt, anger, general insecurity, and even sexual frustration are all fair game here.

Secondly, several Silent Hill residents can and do kill directly. Walter is a good example.

Thirdly, this is going to be a difficult thread to discuss in terms of a featwar. Silent Hill has never been presented on the sheer scale that Halo has, so it's hard to say how some of these things compare. Silent Hill has a few reality warpers amongst its ranks though. They can't be killed without the use of plot device magical artifacts which don't fall under "basic knowledge" even within Silent Hill.

Finally, my knowledge on Halo is quite limited. I still have to ask this: How long can the Halo team support life when in the Otherworld?

StyleTime
You know, I totally forgot that Alessa, The Goddess, and Valtiel were the only participants on the Silent Hill side when I typed the post above this.

Jinkaza1987
Originally posted by StyleTime
You know, I totally forgot that Alessa, The Goddess, and Valtiel were the only participants on the Silent Hill side when I typed the post above this.

no problem dude... but im not sure how to answer your earlier post. but i think otherworld cant be as hostile as alien planets which the spartan army is used to.

and i also wanted to ask something regarding silent hill, chronologically silent hill 4 is the latest right?

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Jinkaza1987
otherworld cant be as hostile as alien planets which the spartan army is used to.

Otherworld would leave all but mebbe the Spartans nothing more then a bunch of insane gibbering nutbars.

StyleTime
no problem dude... but im not sure how to answer your earlier post.

but i think otherworld cant be as hostile as alien planets which the spartan army is used to.

and i also wanted to ask something regarding silent hill, chronologically silent hill 4 is the latest right?
That info is just general knowledge for curious members. Even with the limited participants though, the only thing that may not apply as much is the second one.

There is evidence that the monsters match your ability to fight them; however, it's not the monsters, necessarily, that will trouble the Halo crew. I asked how long they can sustain life to see if they could starve to death or something. If Alessa doesn't warp the Otherworld back to the real world, they may be stuck there forever. Alessa won't "die" unless she wants to(which is a possibility). Alma probably wouldn't either, but Alessa vs Alma is an extraordinarily complex issue in my eyes. Mostly because Alessa is a little crybaby. stick out tongue

That is something I can't answer definitively. The fanbase is actually somewhat conflicted on the issue too. Some believe Silent Hill 4 occurs right after Silent Hill 2. Certain theories hold that all the games, except Origins, take place in the 17-18 year gap between Silent Hill 1 and Silent Hill 3.

General consensus, as far as I know, is that Origins is the the first and Homecoming is the last.

(May change when Downpour hits shelves.)

Jinkaza1987

menokokoro
I wish I was able to comment on this, but I couldn't get into either F.E.A.R. or Silent hill, they were both WAY too scary for me lol

StyleTime
Snipped
I am honestly not sure how I missed this. lol

Documenting the timeline is a tiringly complex task. One basically needs all the information recorded and layed out in plain view to break it down. It's not an issue I'm supremely concerned with, so you may find my dedication to it lacking.

Walter's birthday was revealed to be 1967 if I recall correctly. That would put the events of Silent Hill 4 about 2001 instead of your 2008. I also remember Origins occuring in the early-mid 70's. I'm strictly working off memory here, so those dates could be incorrect.

Jinkaza1987
well you can be right too... but how can someone be 6 years old between 1980 and 1987 and be born in 1967... and also if origins was set in mid 70's than...

1974-1976 Silent Hill Origins (Alessa is 7)
1981-1983 Silent Hill 1 (Alessa is 14, Heather is born)
1998-2000 Silent Hill 3 (Heather is 17)
2008-08 Silent Hill Homecoming (which is a year officially given to it)

it still puts silent hill 4 after silent hill 3.... but nevermind, it doesnt really matter...

StyleTime
When I mentioned Silent Hill 3 occuring after 4, I was just presenting a theory I heard some time ago. I don't believe it myself of course. I'm just pointing out that different theories exist out there.

Inconsistencies appear within a few games, due in part to the different developers. This is why people disagree on some stuff.

I personally see the order as Origins>1>2>3>4>Homecoming.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by StyleTime

I personally see the order as Origins>1>2>3>4>Homecoming.
thumb up

Jinkaza1987
same here...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.