Confirmed "The Dark Knight Rises" - Title for Batman 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Traction
So the title for Nolan and co's third Batman movie has been confirmed to be "The Dark Knight Rises", and guess what? *SPOILERS*

The Riddler will NOT be in the movie: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/56723/nolan-reveals-batman-title.html

What are your thoughts?

Bouboumaster
I wish it's Hush

BruceSkywalker
sounds like either catwoman or talia

Traction
Hush would be great, but I doubt we'll see him seeing as he's not very familiar to the mainstream audience.

Catwoman would also be great, especially if it was Kate Beckinsale or Jessica Beil in the leather suit.

The Nuul
Anyone but whos been done before. Thats all I care about.

spidermanrocks
It is not a bad title. I like it a lot.

No Riddler? Well, I was expecting this since Nolan said he won't use someone that was used before.

chomperx9
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

Im glad nolan focuses more on the story line of a film than the technology out today. he would rather have the story line kick ass instead of adding stupid scene that would look cool in 3D.

KCJ506
Aww no Riddler? I was interested in seeing Nolan's take on him. It probably would have gotten people to shut up about he and Joker being too much alike.

Myth
I don't like the title, but I'm assuming they wanted to keep "The Dark Knight" part in it because of marketing. I think Rise of the Caped Crusader would have been better, but I'm sure there was fear about people being confused if it is a true sequel or not.

Bat Dude
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X1toO5C5Jg4/SRxpbSXURMI/AAAAAAAAArQ/uNImBT8HjKY/s400/200px-The_Reaper_1.jpg

That is all.

The Nuul
facepalm

Bat Dude
Originally posted by The Nuul
facepalm

It could happen. It won't be the Riddler, thankfully.

chomperx9
they should have Deadshot or Deathstroke be the villain.

since they changed their mind about the villain watch the movie come out at a later time then what was mentioned before

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

The Nuul
Those two would be good.

I prefer DS the most.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X1toO5C5Jg4/SRxpbSXURMI/AAAAAAAAArQ/uNImBT8HjKY/s400/200px-The_Reaper_1.jpg

That is all.

although good, highly doubtful since it looks like batman will face a female villain..

any suggestions as too who tom hardy is playing..

chomperx9
someone posted on facebook that the redhood should be in the next movie. How the F can you have redhood in the 3rd movie when jason todd wasnt part of the 1st 2 films ?

The Nuul
Yeah Redhood needs to be setup which needs more than 1 movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chomperx9
someone posted on facebook that the redhood should be in the next movie. How the F can you have redhood in the 3rd movie when jason todd wasnt part of the 1st 2 films ?

you have facebook chomper cool..

besides agree with nuul

chomperx9
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you have facebook chomper cool..

besides agree with nuul it was on twitter my bad. someone posted a link on another message board i go on.

i stay off of myspace twitter facebook. ive seen to many stuff on the news already from criminals and hackers getting others information

Omega Vision
Originally posted by The Nuul
Those two would be good.

I prefer DS the most.
Deathstroke would be good as a secondary villain, but other than his Teen Titans animated incarnation he's usually not the kind to play Big Bad, the same for Catwoman.

Talia Al Ghul IMO works the best.

Traction
Bane could perhaps work considering he doesn't use Venom anymore...

chomperx9
Red Hood would be a damn good story line. but if Nolan decided to do redhood they should put Jason todd in the next film and have him die.

and 4th film start a whole new story different villains like maybe Deadshot or Deathstroke.

And have Redhood appear in the 5th film. reason why it would be cooler for him to appear 2 movies later so its more of a surprise opponent and him not appearing again so soon after his death.

BruceSkywalker
it was on twitter my bad. someone posted a link on another message board i go on.

i stay off of myspace twitter facebook. ive seen to many stuff on the news already from criminals and hackers getting others information

thats very understandable

Red Hood would be a damn good story line. but if Nolan decided to do redhood they should put Jason todd in the next film and have him die.

and 4th film start a whole new story different villains like maybe Deadshot or Deathstroke.

And have Redhood appear in the 5th film. reason why it would be cooler for him to appear 2 movies later so its more of a surprise opponent and him not appearing again so soon after his death.

the problem with red hood is that jason todd has to be established first quite possibly as robin , besides dick grayson would be first as robin, besides i'm not sure nolan will ever have robin in any of his batman films

chomperx9

the problem with red hood is that jason todd has to be established first quite possibly as robin , besides dick grayson would be first as robin, besides i'm not sure nolan will ever have robin in any of his batman films Thats what i meant when i said Jason Todd needs to be appear 1st. I meant as robin

But i agree there with Dick Grayson he was the 1st Robin. I dont think there will ever be a batman movie where they put Jason todd or Tim Drake to appear 1st before Grayson.

I guess thats one thing Batman and Robin didnt screw up is that they used the 1st robin.

come to think of it though it would have matched the description of the movie better if they used Tim Drake eek!

DarthLazious
I love the title but I was really hoping for Shadow of The Bat and maybe the villian will be Bane or The Mad Hatter.

I would not mind seeing Ra's Al-Ghul agian.

Omega Vision

the problem with red hood is that jason todd has to be established first quite possibly as robin , besides dick grayson would be first as robin, besides i'm not sure nolan will ever have robin in any of his batman films
Nolan is taking a Year One type approach with his films. He says Robin will probably never appear in any Batman movie in his series since he's portraying a young Batman.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by DarthLazious
I love the title but I was really hoping for Shadow of The Bat and maybe the villian will be Bane or The Mad Hatter.

I would not mind seeing Ra's Al-Ghul agian.
Lazarus Pit anyone?

chomperx9
They should focus on making the movie 1st and after its done then have a matching movie title for the film

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Nolan is taking a Year One type approach with his films. He says Robin will probably never appear in any Batman movie in his series since he's portraying a young Batman.

i think Nolan might follow Batman : Dark Victory or aspects of it..

Thats what i meant when i said Jason Todd needs to be appear 1st. I meant as robin

But i agree there with Dick Grayson he was the 1st Robin. I dont think there will ever be a batman movie where they put Jason todd or Tim Drake to appear 1st before Grayson.

I guess thats one thing Batman and Robin didnt screw up is that they used the 1st robin.

come to think of it though it would have matched the description of the movie better if they used Tim Drake eek!

Robin was just old enough to be Bruce's brother sad

They should focus on making the movie 1st and after its done then have a matching movie title for the film

I'm sure Nolan will explain the title at some point during the movie

Doc Ock
I like the title a lot.

Darth Martin
Stupid title. Having Riddler not in the film is also stupid.

With that said, I trust Nolan. You'd be stupid not to.

With they'd have Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman as the villains.

darthmaul1
Please for the love of god, no Robin he is a douche.
as for the villian this time around, I would of loved to of seen the riddler sort of protrayed like the one from The Batman (cartoon)
i think Nolan has said he won't do a villian that would take away from the movie being serious and realistic.
maybe Mr. Freeze?

-Pr-
what's wrong with Robin?

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
what's wrong with Robin?

facepalm

jenzie
"hello, mr nolan, i'd like to talk to you about the less-than-great title for the third (and your final) batman movie!

IT'S NOT THAT GOOD

first of all, not wanting to do something that's "been done before" is somewhat ironic don't you think

second ..... THE CAPED CRUSADER

third ..... MANBAT

that is all"

*click*

mr nolan: who the hell was that???

roughrider
Originally posted by -Pr-
what's wrong with Robin?

I don't really want Robin either. But I would like to see Nolan's realistic approach to him.
The most logical reason to have Robin is not because Batman wants a partner - but because he wants an heir to his mantle, in case something happens; age, injury, death etc. So he finds someone and takes him under his wing, brings him out for occasional missions, but makes sure he has the normal life he doesn't make time for. They established in TDK the problem with Batman copycats out there. Maybe Batman finally finds one he thinks he can mold.
Plus, Nolan would totally armour 'his Robin' up like Batman, as opposed to the flighty costume of the comics.

The Nuul
Reed Hood is the only Robin I like, but it would need to have more than one move in order for that story to work well.

BruceSkywalker
some news...

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/chris-nolan-lines-up-actresses-for-batfilm/

FistOfThe North
I wonder why "rises" is in the title. Hasen't the Batman already "risen" to the occasion already? Since the end of b.b? And even moreso in tdk against the joker his most arch rival and most daring challenge that he most likely might ever have?

I think think got lazy with the title.

roughrider
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I wonder why "rises" is in the title. Hasen't the Batman already "risen" to the occasion already? Since the end of b.b? And even moreso in tdk against the joker his most arch rival and most daring challenge that he most likely might ever have?

I think think got lazy with the title.

Well, it will probably start with him still being heavily hunted by the police, for taking credit for Harvey Dent's crimes. So it will be him coming back in opnion with the authorities. That's where the 'rise' comes from.
Consider it a homage to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns series, because they also could have used titles like The Dark Knight Triumphant, or Hunt The Dark Knight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.