Why don't Lois Lane just get pregnant already!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
After reading Superman #704, I'm wondering why not?

Is it because of differences in species? Lois cannot have children or Clark shooting super blanks?

Common sense = They ain't ready for kids? What you guys think?

http://i52.tinypic.com/2sbludz.jpg

-Pr-
if the baby developed super powers it would kill lois. that, and we don't know if human and kryptonian dna would make a viable child. it's worked in cloning, but that's not the same thing.

the ninjak
Watch Mallrats to answer your question.

She won't survive the impregnation or the child itself.

vansonbee
Did both of them discuss that possibility on panel before?

Get some red kryptonite in there!

BruceSkywalker
when dc wants a pregnant lois we will have her..

besides supes has a kid.. anyone remember superman returns big grin

roughrider
Originally posted by the ninjak
Watch Mallrats to answer your question.

She won't survive the impregnation or the child itself.

I think she could survive carrying the baby to term. Clark was on Earth for what, ten years(?) before he absorbed enough yellow sunlight for his powers to emerge as a boy.

Bentley
Originally posted by roughrider
I think she could survive carrying the baby to term. Clark was on Earth for what, ten years(?) before he absorbed enough yellow sunlight for his powers to emerge as a boy.

Second this. So sad that Pr didn't think about it before posting nonesense shifty

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
when dc wants a pregnant lois we will have her..
This.

At the moment all reasons against it are speculation since AFAIK such a thing has never happened in mainstream continuity so we don't know if its possible.

As for the whole baby killing Lois from the womb theory while it does have weight comics have shown time and time again that powers are selective in their application, particularly strength. Hence why Superman doesn't destroy his entire city block if he tosses and turns at night.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This.

At the moment all reasons against it are speculation since AFAIK such a thing has never happened in mainstream continuity so we don't know if its possible.

As for the whole baby killing Lois from the womb theory while it does have weight comics have shown time and time again that powers are selective in their application, particularly strength. Hence why Superman doesn't destroy his entire city block if he tosses and turns at night.

exactly.

so:

Originally posted by Bentley
Second this. So sad that Pr didn't think about it before posting nonesense shifty

i did think of it, though. stick out tongue

clark is usually the exception when it comes to kryptonians, not the rule.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley
Second this. So sad that Pr didn't think about it before posting nonesense shifty I beginning to wonder if he even reads superman comics. sneer

roughrider
But then DC has been inconsistant about how quickly yellow sunlight works on a yste, Daxamites like Sodom Yat and others during the INVASION! miniseries twenty years ago, feel the effects almost immediately; as do other kryptonians. Unless it matters if it's a newborn versus an adult...

King Castle
it should be near impossible for lois and clark to have a baby although i am sure if anyone was to break the rule it be superman.

the triple Kryptonian helix should be as different as a Horse to a fish.

I personally think that if Lois were to get pregnant she might be able to carry the child to term.

the fetus shouldnt get sufficient sunlight to manifest any powers it took clark years and only fully developed after his 18th birthday.

prior to that he was just an exceptionally robust teen easily explained by farm livin.

although, i also think her Lois should have a high rate of miscarriage this is just my opinions.

if i recall there have bn what if stories and alternate realities where lois dies due to certain complications.

Zack Fair
With all the technology at Superman's disposal I wonder if Lois would even have to grow the child in her womb.

Konton
Well, as long as Lois refrains from spreading her goodies to keep the sunlight out she should be ok.

srankmissingnin
Because it would age Superman and by extension the entire DC U.

Bouboumaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1AadzrK324

-K-M-
They actually said in the comics the difference is species has prevented them from having kids.

the ninjak
Artificial insemination then in a close environment. Sperm in egg BAM SonGoku.

SquallX
This is what they need to do. Kill Lois, plain and Simple, just like in Kingdom Come.

-Pr-
hell yeah.

the ninjak
Originally posted by SquallX
This is what they need to do. Kill Lois, plain and Simple, just like in Kingdom Come.

I'd like to see that. I've always thought Lois was a ***** and a terrible role model for women. Use your man to beat up people in your way to success.

SquallX
Originally posted by the ninjak
I'd like to see that. I've always thought Lois was a ***** and a terrible role model for women. Use your man to beat up people in your way to success.

Her character is not bad per say, but it's just run it's course.

Superman, the most powerful man in the world as to always be in control, or else anything he touches would crumple, that includes Lois.

Superman needs a Woman that his equal in all shit and form. A woman that can comfort him, or beat his ass when he's out of line, and that Woman is Wonder Woman.

One of the reason i like elseworlds is for that main fact. That pairing is one of the best in comic, and the authors knows it as well.

For example.
In the Dark Knight Returns when Clark was acting like a pussy what did Diana do, she ****ing kicked his ass, and then they had sex, and shook the north pole.

In Kingdom Come, Superman's general was Diana, she went to war with him, and she would die for him also.

In one of the main continuity, Clark, and Diana spent a 1000 yrs in Asgards fighting, they had killed Lois, but at the end the writers chicken out, and they returned them to the exact time they left.

So like i said, Lois is not a bad character, but Clark just needs someone that's his equal in all shape and form, and Lois is not that person.

En Sabah Nur X
Superman could be viewed as a symbolic representation for god. And Lois as a symbol for humanity.

Why would a god need humans? Why not another God? Humans need to feel special and needed, god wants their love, not the love of himself or an equal.

PS
Very intriguing that you have Lana Lang, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, House of EL. So many 'L's

EL wiki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.