Niman style and Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Several questions

1. Was sidious a niman style user?

2. Is niman just as good in combat as the other forms but depends on the user?

3. What are nimans pros and advantages?

4. Is it true niman interplays force powers into its style the most out of any style? Such as force pulling, throwing, buffing ones self, rejuvinating, using saber with the force, etc?

5. Would a master of niman saber combat potentially be the greatest duelist? Due to being the most flexible, and force infused fighting style, with no weakenesses.

Lord Lucien
6. Can't you just go to the Wookiee article in Niman?

Board Walker
I did, it answers none of my questions in the context and depth I seek.

ares834
Originally posted by Board Walker Several questions

1. Was sidious a niman style user?
According to Gillard he used all forms of combat.

Sure. Exar Kun used it afterall and he was a very skilled duelist.

Doesn't really have any of either. It sorta is the "middle" form so not as aggresive as Juyo, nor as defensive as Soresu but somewhere in the middle.

Sounds like bull shit to me. Or something taken from Kotor 2 gameplay and made canon.

No.

Jinsoku Takai
All of the Niman practitioners (as their primary form) on Geonosia during the arena battle in AotC were killed. So... a resounding NO to 2 and 5. As stated above, Sids was probably, at the very least, HIGHLY proffecient in ALL saber styles save for the Vaapad variation of Form VII - advantages are that it is easier to learn than the other styles, requiring less dedication/time/commitment - disadvantages are that it doesn't have any real strengths relative to the other styles, it's just a well rounded form (nothing exceptional) - Also as stated before, number 4 sounds like BS to me too. Most of the information you're requesting could have been gathered from Wookiepedia.

Lord Lucien
Geonosia?

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Geonosia?

Did I say that? Oh yeah, I did. ***k you Lucien, ***k you! No really, I was about to say Geonosian execution arena, but somewhere changed my mind and said Geonosia instead of Geonosis instead. Brain fart. My bad! It won't happen again. Good day!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.