Darth Vader and Darth Sidious vs. Dark Revan and Darth Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientSithemp
The Kotor Series and The Movie Series

At the Tomb of Marka Ragnos

LightSabers
Unlimited Use of Force

Lord Lucien
Nihilus Giga-drains. End o f story. No one. NO ONE can beat that. Ever.

Also, wrong forum.

Slash_KMC
Except for Revan, he can do about anything.

Nephthys
Tut tut. You both seem to have forgotten about Bandon.

And OP, you should rquest a mod moves this into the correct forum.

Slash_KMC
Are there still mods here?

strifed169
Revan and Nihilus would force them to box eachother to death rockem sockem style

Lord Lucien
Revan would just Force Storm everyone, including Nihilus. He's the Heart of the Force, no one can beat him. Ever.

truejedi
Originally posted by strifed169
Revan and Nihilus would force them to box eachother to death rockem sockem style

You have much to learn,but I like your enthusiasm. You realize Sidious is the undisputed most powerful Sith Lord of all time, right?

as in, Undisputable.

strifed169
Originally posted by truejedi
You have much to learn,but I like your enthusiasm. You realize Sidious is the undisputed most powerful Sith Lord of all time, right?

as in, Undisputable.

Well think about the combination of Sideous and Vader you don't really have much to work with Sideous would just be spamming force lightning while Vader would hopelessly try to force choke Revan/Nihilus, the latter would most likely take out any tag team of Jedi as theywould be like the most overpowered team ever combining Revan's tactical brilliance with Nihilus unimaginable strength in the force.

Slash_KMC
Well think about the combination of Sideous and Vader you don't really have much to work with Sideous would just be spamming force lightning while Vader would hopelessly try to force choke Revan/Nihilus, the latter would most likely take out any tag team of Jedi as theywould be like the most overpowered team ever combining Revan's tactical brilliance with Nihilus unimaginable strength in the force.

Tactical brilliance won't do that much in a 2 vs 2 battle. Sidious has more impressive feats than N. and Vader has also shown galaxy wide abilities.

strifed169
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Tactical brilliance won't do that much in a 2 vs 2 battle. Sidious has more impressive feats than N. and Vader has also shown galaxy wide abilities.

Well theres more to combat than raw power, Revan is considered one of the most brilliant sith ever and given the proper environment Id presume he would use every nook and cranny of his surroundings to his advantage in the most extreme ways. To be honest a tomb wouldn't do these combatants justice it would ultimately end up collapsing due to the sheer magnitude of the force being used between both teams.

I would really like to hear an accurate in depth analysis of this fight though.

Lord Lucien
Well theres more to combat than raw power, Revan is considered one of the most brilliant sith ever and given the proper environment Id presume he would use every nook and cranny of his surroundings to his advantage in the most extreme ways. To be honest a tomb wouldn't do these combatants justice it would ultimately end up collapsing due to the sheer magnitude of the force being used between both teams.

I would really like to hear an accurate in depth analysis of this fight though. There can't be one because whenever it comes to KotOR characters, this:

Id presume Always comes up.

Slash_KMC

I would really like to hear an accurate in depth analysis of this fight though.

Trawn is one of the most brilliant individuals ever. But he won't do good in a personal combat situation against Vader. Also, Sidious is arguably more intelligent than Revan. There goes Revans only advantage.

truejedi
Yeah, if you can't prove it, there is no reason to bring it up. You may presume Revan was brilliant with a lightsaber, I may presume that he was instead an excellent mine layer. (a skill that would do a LOT less in a universe where his enemy's can move as fast as him.)

Zampanó
Yeah, if you can't prove it, there is no reason to bring it up. You may presume Revan was brilliant with a lightsaber, I may presume that he was instead an excellent mine layer. (a skill that would do a LOT less in a universe where his enemy's can move as fast as him.)
I would like to formally announce that I am no longer swayed by this argument.

Nephthys
If he's a skilled enough combatant with mines to kill Malak then he's a skilled enough combatant to kill anyone equal too or less than Malak. The actual method that he used to do it is largely irrelevent. The fact that Revan had to actually kill Malak more than once also greatly suggests that it wasn't simply luck that lead him to do so.

truejedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
If he's a skilled enough combatant with mines to kill Malak then he's a skilled enough combatant to kill anyone equal too or less than Malak. The actual method that he used to do it is largely irrelevent. The fact that Revan had to actually kill Malak more than once also greatly suggests that it wasn't simply luck that lead him to do so.

Okay. I'll accept that. Now... how good was Malak....? Musta been pretty crappy to run over mines...
Oops.

Nephthys
Sidious must have been crappy to get chucked over a railing. Yeah, shit happens....

Slash_KMC
Yep, Malak sure took the mine damage pretty bad. Not too mention the grenades or my awesome blaster skills.

Nephthys
Sidious was also killed by a blaster once iirc....

As was about 90% of the Jedi with Order 66.

And lets not forget about granades.

truejedi
what's your point though? You said that Revan is better than malak basically. Everyone knows that. We just don't know if Malak was any good or not.

Nephthys
I'm just sick of the 'Revan sucks cuz he used mines and blasters' argument. It sucks balls.

Lord Lucien
I'm sick of the "Revan's good because he beat other people" argument.

Zampanó
what's your point though? You said that Revan is better than malak basically. Everyone knows that. We just don't know if Malak was any good or not.
I would like to formally announce that I am no longer swayed by this argument.

truejedi
okay. please explain then. You are saying that Revan IS good because he beat Malak? If so, RN, then you are wrong. If not, please explain what you mean.

Slash_KMC
Sidious was also killed by a blaster once iirc....

As was about 90% of the Jedi with Order 66.

And lets not forget about granades.

Thanks for furthering my point. It is entirely possible that Revan used a blaster and that he barely or didn't use the Force or a lightsaber. We've seen examples of Force users being taken down by blasters.

Nephthys
So?

Slash_KMC
So I've seen lots of people argue that Force users can't be hurt by mines, grenades or blaster and so Revan must have beaten Malak through use of the Force and a lightsaber. But we know that Force users can be affected by them so it is entirely reasonable to assume Revan may have used them in his battle with Malak.

Lord Lucien
He could totally have shot Malak in the stomach amidst a saber lock. Would have made sense actually; he was gripping his abdomen while giving his Shakespearean death speech--usually people scream and drop dead when they're hit by lightsabers (RotS, it happens a lot). Unless of course the character needs to have some final remarks.

truejedi
None of it matters if we can't quantify Malak, and we most certainly cannot.

axel_jovan
But he has a mechanical jaw that looks almost like Vader's helmet, ergo, Malak is at least as powerful as Vader, duh.

Slash_KMC
And Revan wears a hood a lot, ergo, Revan is at least as powerful as Sidious.

truejedi
good point. In fact: Hoods==Power.

Nephthys
And Bandon has neither a jaw, a hood, or Vader's helmet, ergo he sucks.

truejedi
Indeed.

axel_jovan

Slash_KMC
Bane and Bandon suck. Fact. Though I still see Bandon being superior to Bane.

Zampanó
This is untrue. We know that he was the most powerful Sith in an organization containing possibly thousands of individuals. We know that he survived a conflict incorporating hundreds of planets. From these two facts alone we can surmise that Darth Malak is a powerful Force user.

Lucius
You know I think I've said this like ten times, but Janus emailed Drew Karpyshyn and asked him how powerful of a boost Malak was getting on the SF and according to Drew, just by being on the SF, Malak was getting a "serious" boost to his power. Add this to the fact that Malak is probably not a pushover, then I would say Revan's defeat of Malak was at the very least a decent accomplishment.

truejedi
Originally posted by Lucius
You know I think I've said this like ten times, but Janus emailed Drew Karpyshyn and asked him how powerful of a boost Malak was getting on the SF and according to Drew, just by being on the SF, Malak was getting a "serious" boost to his power. Add this to the fact that Malak is probably not a pushover, then I would say Revan's defeat of Malak was at the very least a decent accomplishment.

emphasis mine.

Zampanó

Nephthys
cool story bro

Zampanó
I'm pretty sure the site lesswrong is the best thing to happen to my brain since language.

akpwnz
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Bane and Bandon suck. Fact. Though I still see Bandon being superior to Bane.

Are you trolling? Hard to tell with this thread

truejedi
ay yiyi.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by akpwnz
Are you trolling? Hard to tell with this thread

I wouldn't dare.

darth radon
Sidious must have been crappy to get chucked over a railing. Yeah, shit happens.... TANK YOU MY POINT EXACTLY!!!!!!DARTH N IS A WOUND IN THE FORCE,DARTH SIDIOUS KILLED A FEW JEDI. HOW IS HE THE MOST POWERFUL WHEN HE WAS SIMPLY CHUCKED OVER A RAILING??!!!! ALL HE DOES IS TRY TO USE FORCE LIGHTNING ON SOMEONE TO DEATH/VADER WOULD JUST TRY TO CHOP OF THEIR HAND AND TRY TO CHOKE THEM TO DEATH????!!!! I settle my case.

Slash_KMC
I agree with the big bowl of logic we were just presented with.

truejedi
can't argue with all that insight on KOTOR characters... That is a complete load of tripe.

darth radon
Well, sure malaks the laughing stock of siths and a little clumsy,but he is apparently better than vader to be a sith.I hate when people call count dooku and vader a sith when they were still apprentices. Also how SUCKY did all those jedi have to be to be killed by vader(fully suited).I mean he was o clumsy and slow.!!!! WHAT ***KING SABER SKILLS WERE THEY TEACHING THOSE JEDI AFTER ANAKINS WAS NO LONGER A PADAWON

Darth Piggott
Darth Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy has ever known. With that being said Darth Nihilus was a wound in the force. He hungered for force energy. If Darth Nihilus and Darth Revan were prepared for the battle in Marko Ragnos's tomb, then Darth Nihilus would absorb all of the force energy on Korriban, including Darth Sidious's and Darth Vader's force energy. Darth Nihilus may not be able to fully control his hunger and he may absorb Darth Revan's force energy as well. But Visas Marr survived his attack on Katarr so maybe Darth Revan could as well.
Now if Darth Sidious and Darth Vader suprised attacked Darth Revan and Nihilus then they might have a chance, but we don't know how much energy Darth Nihilus needs to began feeding on force energy or how long it takes to build up.
If both parties were prepared though I believe the team of Darth Revan and Darth Nihilus would win only because of Darth Nihilus's hunger.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Darth Piggott
Darth Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy has ever known. With that being said Darth Nihilus was a wound in the force. He hungered for force energy. If Darth Nihilus and Darth Revan were prepared for the battle in Marko Ragnos's tomb, then Darth Nihilus would absorb all of the force energy on Korriban, including Darth Sidious's and Darth Vader's force energy. Darth Nihilus may not be able to fully control his hunger and he may absorb Darth Revan's force energy as well. But Visas Marr survived his attack on Katarr so maybe Darth Revan could as well.
Now if Darth Sidious and Darth Vader suprised attacked Darth Revan and Nihilus then they might have a chance, but we don't know how much energy Darth Nihilus needs to began feeding on force energy or how long it takes to build up.
If both parties were prepared though I believe the team of Darth Revan and Darth Nihilus would win only because of Darth Nihilus's hunger.

I think the bolded part is the key.
You are absolutely right, we have no proper info on how long N.'s drain will take, how much prep time he needs etc.
What if Sidious simply will blitz him?

Nebaris Is Back
Nihlus Force Auto-kills them. End of battle.

Really, I would have expected more of you to have played Kotor 2. It's not that difficult to figure out based on what we've seen in that game.

Darth Angel
Is nihilus even canon anymore? SWTOR treats him like sh*t at least. Anyway, that's just the worst sith lord ever, the guy beats his mortal enemies by "sucking" them to death, how crappy is that roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Angel
Is nihilus even canon anymore? SWTOR treats him like sh*t at least. Anyway, that's just the worst sith lord ever, the guy beats his mortal enemies by "sucking" them to death, how crappy is that roll eyes (sarcastic) What have they said about him in TOR?

Zampanó
Originally posted by axel_jovan
I think the bolded part is the key.
You are absolutely right, we have no proper info on how long N.'s drain will take, how much prep time he needs etc.
What if Sidious simply will blitz him?
This is not so.Originally posted by Nebaris Is Back
Nihlus Force Auto-kills them. End of battle.

Really, I would have expected more of you to have played Kotor 2. It's not that difficult to figure out based on what we've seen in that game.
Nebaris is right.

Given the fight scene in KotOR II there can be no doubt that N. auto drains the lot of them.

plo koon 3745
when was he killed with a blaster?

Darth Angel
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What have they said about him in TOR?

Absolutely nothing, that's the point. Bioware is making this game as if KOTOR II events had never happened. In fact I don't blame them, that the story doesn't bring anything new or relevant. The galaxy was a mess and with few jedi in the begining of Kotor II, in the end it was still at the same point, and everything happened in the shadows.
Besides, the idea of a sith lord who can kill 1 world with a force drain technique or another guy who reattaches himself after being cut to pieces it's quite sh*tty and not that much Star Wars I must say...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Angel
Absolutely nothing, that's the point. Bioware is making this game as if KOTOR II events had never happened. In fact I don't blame them, that the story doesn't bring anything new or relevant. The galaxy was a mess and with few jedi in the begining of Kotor II, in the end it was still at the same point, and everything happened in the shadows.
Besides, the idea of a sith lord who can kill 1 world with a force drain technique or another guy who reattaches himself after being cut to pieces it's quite sh*tty and not that much Star Wars I must say... thumb up

Nephthys
thumb down

Lord Lucien
Obsidian lover.

Nephthys
Yup, I loves me some quality.

Lord Lucien
Some quality garbage.

Naw, I can't say that. New Vegas was too good.

Zampanó
thumb down

Slash_KMC
thumb up

ares834
thumb up

Zampanó
thumb down^^^^3

Lord Lucien
You just had to bring your fancy "math" in to it.

Slash_KMC
I can't believe I clicked the link.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.