X-23 vs. Cassandra Cain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lunacyde
I searched this fight and was surprised to find that, (at least according to the search function) it has never been done before. Both characters are very similar in a number of ways, but the question is who would win in a fight?

To KO, Death, or Incapacitation.
Standard Gear.
Both fighters are at the top of their game.
Neither character is afraid to kill.
Both characters are given an in depth dossier on each other a day before the fight.
Fight takes place on the rooftops in New York. Start 50 ft apart, facing each other.

Q99
Two of my favs smile

Lunacyde
Two of my favorites as well. They share a lot of character similarities.

carver9
I'm giving this to x23... even though cassandra is a beast x outright defeated wolverine and also defeated spiderman in 2 panels with her claws to his throat. I just consider her faster, stronger, more durable and have the one shot kill weapons on her hands and feet. It would have to take someone with a high level healing factor or invulnerabiity to beat her.r

Stoic
I think X-23 lacks fighting style, but she more than makes up for it in toughness. Good fight, but X-23 should come out of this the winner.

StyleTime
I really like them both which is why this is the only possible outcome:

They fall madly in love with each other and start lezzing out right there on the spot......while I film it from an undisclosed location nearby.

King Castle
X - 23 ftw 7/10

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
I'm giving this to x23... even though cassandra is a beast x outright defeated wolverine and also defeated spiderman in 2 panels with her claws to his throat. I just consider her faster, stronger, more durable and have the one shot kill weapons on her hands and feet. It would have to take someone with a high level healing factor or invulnerabiity to beat her.r Issue number?

King Castle
she did get the better of the spider, she was just really annoyed of him.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1162811-00_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1162813-01_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1162816-02_super.jpg

BruceSkywalker
good match..

Laura should outlast cassie 7.5/10

Lord_Talron
seems to me to be more of a case of spider-man landed wrong. but then that scan seems to be very subjective... theres plenty of ways to explain away the end result

King Castle
dont make excuses.. erm

Lord_Talron
im not saying she didnt im just saying that that scan is easily explained away by someone who wants to. thats all erm

StyleTime
Originally posted by King Castle
dont make excuses.. erm
Let's be fair here. That was not a definitive fight.

Also, this thread has been done before.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=524206&highlight=title%3A%28Batgirl+vs+X-23%29+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361224&highlight=title%3A%28Batgirl+vs+X-23%29+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=465239&highlight=title%3A%28Batgirl+vs+X-23%29+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=425181&highlight=title%3A%28Batgirl+vs+X-23%29+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=319704&highlight=title%3A%28Batgirl+vs+X-23%29+forumid%3A77

King Castle
Originally posted by StyleTime
Let's be fair here. That was not a definitive fight. of course not otherwise she would have have killed him, she just doesnt like him period. she knows who he is so she wouldnt fight to kill. rolling on floor laughing

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1162823-marvel_team_up_06__2005__page_20_super.jpg

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
im not saying she didnt im just saying that that scan is easily explained away by someone who wants to. thats all erm

Our search function is broke then because I typed Cassandra Cain vs. X-23, and Batgirl vs. Cassandra Cain and neithe came up with these threads.

That Spider-Man fight is worthless as evidence, neither character is trying.

When did she outright beat Wolverine? Only time I've ever seen she beat him because he wasn't even trying till the end and by then it was too late.

Whoops quoted the wrong person lol.

King Castle
luny owned.. mod can now close and merge some.

Lunacyde
luny owned.. mod can now close and merge some.

Mine has a different setting and different rules. It's a completely different Thread. I would consider reevaluating your claim.

King Castle
hmm.. using my defense argument.. mhmm

Lunacyde
Haha I just read your version. I figured if I use your argument you would be a hypocrite to argue :P

Besides in all fairness you have to agree your setting is much more friendly to X-23. I put them at as even and equal of setting as I could think of.

Lunacyde
Anyways I believe Cassandra can and will win. X-23 being faster (not by much) matters little when you have predictive abilities on par with Cassie's. Cassie has moves that can stop people's hearts and shatter their bones. X-23 doesn't have full body adamantium support like Wolverine.

Q99
Also, I wouldn't trust anything where she's in that costume, that dialog with spidey is not how she's supposed to sound.

This is how she's supposed to talk in that era.

And here's her again several years later, with the new X-men, talking to a friend, the same way.

That's how Laura Kinney speaks.

Clinical, very little understanding of emotion. Even nowadays, she doesn't talk like she was to Spider-man, and those scans are on either side of the 'wild outfit' one, with the first scan within a month or two of her hyper-emotionally declaring Spider-man "crazy" (or talking about "The Wolverine" being taken from her vs her close friend being taken from her. One's emotional and carried by emotion, the other is precise, calm).

"Leave me alone, I'm not talking to you, you're crazy." ? Way too emotional, she doesn't talk like that even to people she honestly hates or honestly loves or when a friend kisses her boyfriend,, nor does she get all grimace-y (ala this).

Laura telling Spider-man off would be.... hmm.... "I do not find your 'quips' enjoyable. Furthermore, I have detected no hint of friendship from Logan towards you. " Then Peter would be sad, because she said it with a totally strait face.

She doesn't crack a smile or frown or go much off neutral except in rare cases or when acting, Laura's emotions are much more subtle, and 'Spider-man is slightly annoying' does not cut it.

marwash22
Cassie.

King Castle
Originally posted by Q99
Also, I wouldn't trust anything where she's in that costume, that dialog with spidey is not how she's supposed to sound.

And here's her again several years later, with the new X-men, talking to a friend, the same way.

That's how Laura Kinney speaks.

Clinical, very little understanding of emotion. Even nowadays, she doesn't talk like she was to Spider-man, and those scans are on either side of the 'wild outfit' one, with the first scan within a month or two of her hyper-emotionally declaring Spider-man "crazy" (or talking about "The Wolverine" being taken from her vs her close friend being taken from her. One's emotional and carried by emotion, the other is precise, calm).

"Leave me alone, I'm not talking to you, you're crazy." ? Way too emotional, she doesn't talk like that even to people she honestly hates or honestly loves or when a friend kisses her boyfriend,, nor does she get all grimace-y (ala this).

Laura telling Spider-man off would be.... hmm.... "I do not find your 'quips' enjoyable. Furthermore, I have detected no hint of friendship from Logan towards you. " Then Peter would be sad, because she said it with a totally strait face.

She doesn't crack a smile or frown or go much off neutral except in rare cases or when acting, Laura's emotions are much more subtle, and 'Spider-man is slightly annoying' does not cut it. why are you so focused on the dialog?

i know anyone who reads x-23 knows her personality was out of character, if anything it looked to just be taken lightly as a burn of spiderman.

anyways..

the reason i say X-23 wins is that she possesses legitimate Superhuman Speed in the same bracket as Spiderman on panel and on her bio wolverine bio and X men bio. that alone combined with her fighting skills and knowledge of biology locks her the win adding her other abilities makes it an assured high possibility.

Q99
why are you so focused on the dialog?

I think it illustrates that the writers had no idea of the character as she was established elsewhere.

Lunacyde
Cassie has legit on panel feats in speed and reflexes just impressive if not better than Laura.

King Castle
Originally posted by Q99
I think it illustrates that the writers had no idea of the character as she was established elsewhere. most modern writers dont, its there job to write a story that sells not necessarily what fits the character.

Lunacyde
Bump.

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99

LOL has anyone else noticed that her teachers are The Mythbusters? Nice.

Although on her acting out of character, that was either bad writing or maybe a shock.

The Pict
X-23 takes this more often than not I'd imagine

StyleTime
Well, it doesn't seem like majority opinion has changed too much over the years. Most still believe X-23 wins, if only because she can outlast Cassandra.

It's not an unreasonable outcome either. I could actually see Cassandra having the upper hand in the early moments of the fight. Unfortunately, there aren't many things Cassandra can do that Laura can't heal from quickly. The reverse isn't true though, and Laura's claws ensure that even simple jabs are lethal.

That said, they wouldn't fight with CIS on. They are too deeply in love.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.