Will Harvey Dent be back ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Is it a good idea to bring him back for the next movie ?? I know he is dead but what do you guys think ?

Myth
Will he be back? No. They already announced he will not be.
Would it be a good idea? No, because it would dismiss the importance of Batman taking the blame at the end of the last one.

Bloinky
No......The only villain that should come back is the Joker but that is even more pointless then Two-face coming back

BruceSkywalker
as much as i would like to see harvey back, he will not be

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
as much as i would like to see harvey back, he will not be

I am starting to hate Nolan now.I just cant believe he would do something like kill off such an important character like this. mad Man thats a Schumacher/Burton thing to do.I never thought Nolan would be stupid like those two. mad This kinda puts a damper on the new films for me coming out.If their good like the first two,I'll still enjoy them,but it just rubs me the wrong way that he could do something so stupid such as kill off Dent. mad

The Nuul
He has no use for Dent, why keep him alive to make speculation for a movie that wont have that character in it?

Myth
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I am starting to hate Nolan now.I just cant believe he would do something like kill off such an important character like this. mad Man thats a Schumacher/Burton thing to do.I never thought Nolan would be stupid like those two. mad This kinda puts a damper on the new films for me coming out.If their good like the first two,I'll still enjoy them,but it just rubs me the wrong way that he could do something so stupid such as kill off Dent. mad

If it helps, you can pretend he is still alive and locked up in Dark Knight Rises. Its kind of like Ras Al Ghul. The death was implied but not confirmed, that way average movie goers can interpret him as dead, but Batman fans that are against him killing can interpret him as still alive.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Nuul
He has no use for Dent, why keep him alive to make speculation for a movie that wont have that character in it?

Again thats something those idiots Burton and schumacher would do,kill off an important character."Nolan" was SUPPOSED to be more intelligent than that. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Myth
If it helps, you can pretend he is still alive and locked up in Dark Knight Rises. Its kind of like Ras Al Ghul. The death was implied but not confirmed, that way average movie goers can interpret him as dead, but Batman fans that are against him killing can interpret him as still alive.

yeah thats what I will have to do im afraid.

roughrider
Again thats something those idiots Burton and schumacher would do,kill off an important character."Nolan" was SUPPOSED to be more intelligent than that. mad

Well, he didn't kill off the Joker when it was easy for it to happen, did he? It's because he served the story. Not like Burton in Batman, when he did right off the bat.
And by the way, movies aren't comics when you must keep villains alive for decades and never end things. Harvey death was a tragedy that served an important story point. Keeping him going when he was motivated by revenge, it doesn't accomplish anything to keep him going as a criminal mastermind. It's not like Batman doesn't have dozens of adversaries lined up that fans wouldn't want to see.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by coolmovies
.... I know he is dead ....

Very simple answer - and look! You already know it!

RE: Blaxican
I am starting to hate Nolan now.I just cant believe he would do something like kill off such an important character like this. mad Man thats a Schumacher/Burton thing to do.I never thought Nolan would be stupid like those two. mad This kinda puts a damper on the new films for me coming out.If their good like the first two,I'll still enjoy them,but it just rubs me the wrong way that he could do something so stupid such as kill off Dent. mad You are a hard woman to please.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, he didn't kill off the Joker when it was easy for it to happen, did he? It's because he served the story. Not like Burton in Batman, when he did right off the bat.
And by the way, movies aren't comics when you must keep villains alive for decades and never end things. Harvey death was a tragedy that served an important story point. Keeping him going when he was motivated by revenge, it doesn't accomplish anything to keep him going as a criminal mastermind. It's not like Batman doesn't have dozens of adversaries lined up that fans wouldn't want to see.

yeah but its still a Burton/scumacher thing.killing off an important character.Like Myth said,have him go to arkham in the sequal or something like that,but dont be an idiot like Burton and schumacher and kill off an important character. mad

BruceSkywalker
even though havey won't be backi will still enjoy this

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Myth
Will he be back? No. They already announced he will not be.
Would it be a good idea? No, because it would dismiss the importance of Batman taking the blame at the end of the last one. Don't mean to be hostile, but when do you plan to get a new sig?

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Don't mean to be hostile, but when do you plan to get a new sig?

lol. I'm too depressed right now to work on getting a new sig.

SimonComics

Keeping a character around in perpetuity isn't automatically a more intelligent way to do things. The movies actually have stakes -- people die, or are lost forever. That makes what everyone does MATTER.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.