Prep Wars... Dr. Doom, Batman and Dr. Who

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uriel005
CIS off PIS Off
Doom vs Batman vs Dr. Who
1) Decade Prep
2) 1 year Prep
3) 1 month Prep
4) 1 week
5) 1 day
6) 1 hour
7) 15 minutes

Bentley
Just for you to know, Batman is as screwed against Doom as Doom is screwed against the Doctor.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Bentley
Just for you to know, Batman is as screwed against Doom as Doom is screwed against the Doctor.

Wellllllll...

While I'd narratively go with that, in terms of comics/general story-setting, with CIS/PIS *off*, the Doctor loses much of his narrative ooomph. With that said, the Doctor wins most mid-to-long term preps (a week or more), while Doom wins mid-to-short prep, via his "stand-by" tech and magic. Bruce gets a couple wins against the Doctor, circumstantially, on short-term prep, but is completely out of his depth against someone with Doom's powers, when narrative protections are off.

(Of course, if/when Doom gets his hands on the Tardis, and finds a way to re-imprint her inter-active sentience to *his* mindset... well... the universe better watch out...)

Black bolt z
Don't know much about who.Whats some of his feats?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Don't know much about who.Whats some of his feats?

Outside of comics which I'm going to include with his comic feats just because more people will be familiar. Wipes out 2 civilizations independently capable of ending the universe/ multiverse. Daleks constructed a "reality" bomb that along with a crack in the wall of the multiverse would spill over and destroy every reality. Uses that latent psychic field of human beings to temporarily become what is essentially considered a near deus ex character. These are just the tv feats mind you just because it's a little easier to find and the feats just make me laugh sometimes.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Uriel005
Outside of comics which I'm going to include with his comic feats just because more people will be familiar. Wipes out 2 civilizations independently capable of ending the universe/ multiverse. Daleks constructed a "reality" bomb that along with a crack in the wall of the multiverse would spill over and destroy every reality. Uses that latent psychic field of human beings to temporarily become what is essentially considered a near deus ex character. These are just the tv feats mind you just because it's a little easier to find and the feats just make me laugh sometimes. Nothing short of Doom cool

Uriel005
Originally posted by BattleMage
Nothing short of Doom cool
lol

TheLordofMurder
NO ONE is out preping Doom; Doom defeated Classic Beyonder with prep...

Batman and Dr Who have nothing on that...

Galan007
Doom.

Uriel005
Anyone want to expand and compare why Doom is going to win this beyond his I IS DOOM I WIN B/C of AWESOMENESS.

Deadline
Batman is gonna get ****ed up.

TheLordofMurder
Anyone want to expand and compare why Doom is going to win this beyond his I IS DOOM I WIN B/C of AWESOMENESS.

Because Doom has the ultimate feat of prep ever achieved; defeating Classic Beyonder...

Until someone else gets a feat thats in the same country as that, Doom reigns supreme as pretains to prep...

Bentley
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Because Doom has the ultimate feat of prep ever achieved; defeating Classic Beyonder...

Until someone else gets a feat thats in the same country as that, Doom reigns supreme as pretains to prep...

Achieved by plot devices though. Technically it is as good as Thanos with the Infinity Guantlet or the Heart of the Universe.

Using only his resources Doom isn't nearly on that scope.

TheLordofMurder
Achieved by plot devices though. Technically it is as good as Thanos with the Infinity Guantlet or the Heart of the Universe.

Not even close...

Thanos got his artifacts by tricking/out smarting powerful, but very finite, beings...

Doom DIRECTLY beat the Beyonder; in other words, Thanos did not have to beat a weilder of the IG or HotU to get those items...but Doom had to beat the Beyonder himself to get his power.

So Dooms feat stomps Thanos's...

Bentley
Doom was empowered by Galactus's ship at the time, sure he stole the energies but not without passing through a cosmic artifact to get to the Beyonder.

Uriel005
master debater bentley has a point there.

Digi
My general thoughts (taken from another thread):

Originally posted by Digi
lol

The Doctor doesn't belong in the vs. forum. His feats are often hard to quantify in the way we're used to thinking of them. Foreign universes can often compare well, but I don't think this is one of them that easily translates. It's part of the reason I scrapped my old plan of making him a respect thread (among quite a few reasons). He also blurs the line between allowed and not because he's REALLY slanted toward being a TV character, not a comic one.

In a prep scenario, he owns this like it's his job. Turn off his character's inhibitions and he's literally capable of destroying multiverses. Hell, Eccelston's Doctor made a wave emitter from some random wiring that would've destroyed every lifeform in a planet-wide area, and did it in about 15 minutes (and this is among dozens of similar feats). He's really kind of a deus ex machina in that sense. And the number of ridiculous superweapons that he's either negated, reverse-engineered, modified on the fly, etc. implies that he knows how to create and operate them on a whim, but it's hard to prove such things in a forum setting because they technically aren't his creations (thus part of the problem as well).

No prep was stipulated, however, and he's about peak human at best non-prep, so then the question becomes whether or not he starts inside the TARDIS or not. If no, he loses fast and definitively. If yes, he can just turtle inside until he figures out a way to win, which wouldn't take long. The extrapolator shielding on his TARDIS is a bit ambiguous, but has tanked enough blasts in both tv and comics that he should be able to stay in it safely until he's got a plan and some tech.

Beyond all of that, the Doctor's such a goddamn Macuyver on a cosmic level that it's hard to place him in battles. Does he win? Sure. How? Er, he just does? It's like battles where Reed wins by default, but no one feels like saying what exactly he'd invent with prep to defeat his opponent. I have no clue what exactly the Doctor would create to defeat Tut, but I also know just as definitvely that he would be able to invent something to defeat him. We have assorted specific things from the show (like the one I mentioned, and a few others I could off the top of my head), but the context and circumstances might be different, necessitating different tactics. Hell, for example, due to his nonchalant manipulation of it late in the episode, I feel like he could recreate Davros's "reality bomb" if he lacked morals and just wipe out everything in the multiverse that isn't himself (he makes a gun capable of reversing its affects out of basically silly string and duct tape inside the TARDIS). But can I prove it? Not really, I can only provide circumstantial evidence that makes it plausible and believable, but not foolproof. Such logic irks many in the forums, and is why he's not a good candidate for in-depth debate.

That, for the most part. Doom takes short-prep scenarios though. Doctor beats Bats with any prep, however. The rest of my caveats about the Doctor apply here, however. He's really not made for matches like these, because his pwoers and feats are too unquantifiable.

Black bolt z
Doom was empowered by Galactus's ship at the time, sure he stole the energies but not without passing through a cosmic artifact to get to the Beyonder. And he had to use klaws cut up body parts for plot devices at the time.

Bentley
Originally posted by Black bolt z
And he had to use klaws cut up body parts for plot devices at the time.

Yeah, but I don't want to call too much on it because it's still a great feat and Doom is consistently impressive at doing crazy stuff. Using Klaw's powers better than Klaw is not unlike using Purpleman's powers better than Purpleman. Doom is quite a solid prepper but he's not omni-versal under his own power.

Galan007

Using only his resources Doom isn't nearly on that scope. Using only his resources, Doom absorbed Nightmare in his entirety. That alone is insanely impressive, and IMO, beyond anything the other contestants in this match have done.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
Using only his resources, Doom absorbed Nightmare in his entirety. That alone is insanely impressive, and IMO, beyond anything the other contestants in this match have done.

Well, he did achieve so by manipulating pretty much the magical world, but it's true that the tech used to absorb and make Nightmare real was all Doom. Immortus did the same with Scarlet Witch and apparently the Doctor stomps Tut without blinking.

The Doctor has universe destroying feats so it's really up to us how we think that can stand against comic book characters.

Nice find though thumb up

Digi
Bah, nobody reads my brilliant manifestos. The maelstrom of popularity that is Doom has taken this thread over.

Doom does have prep feats to equal the Doctor, btw, and possibly surpass him depending on which ones we attribute to Doom under his own resources only. Once you get to either an abstract level or a universe-destroying level, it's hard to inter-compare without a lot of speculation. The winner of an extended prep-duel would likely just come down to how their particular powers and inventions interacted with one another.

We also lack a definitive list of Doctor feats, even if we compiled those of all the DW fans here. He's got too long a history that isn't documented well enough to remember even a fraction of them. Any list of his "best" feats is really just a sample. Thus, it makes it hard to say whether he can go feat for feat with Doom or not, since general knowledge of Doom is much higher.

MrMind
doom no problem. the dude is literally the king of prep

Digi
Originally posted by MrMind

The Doctor rips open the heart of the TARDIS and exposes the entirety of space and time to Doom in a single instant, burning him alive from the inside out.

Ya see, I'm not (entirely) right with that statement there, but I'm guessing you don't know why. Your post suggests you're just assuming an a priori victory for Doom without justifying it. If you can actually defend that statement in light of the Doctor's capabilities, please do so. Otherwise, posts like this mean nothing.

Bentley
Originally posted by MrMind

There are a few preppers that can give Doom a run for his money in the prep department. The fact that he's quite good and incredible popular doesn't help the discussion.

I understand what Digi says, before I did Kang's respect thread it was impossible to argue for Kang even against Doom without magic. Familiarity helps a lot around here when it comes to shouting "random guy wins, he's the best".

(Again, I don't want to sound like I don't recognize Doom has amazing feats, he has absorbtion feats that are just over the top and partly justify the hype, it's only that the hype could go both ways with more general knowledge)

Galan007
Well, he did achieve so by manipulating pretty much the magical world, but it's true that the tech used to absorb and make Nightmare real was all Doom. Immortus did the same with Scarlet Witch and apparently the Doctor stomps Tut without blinking.

The Doctor has universe destroying feats so it's really up to us how we think that can stand against comic book characters.

Nice find though thumb up Imho, Doom absorbing Nightmare in his totality is >> 'mort absorbing Scarlet Witch. Remember, the only time Wanda's power has resembled anything close to 'uber' was during the HoM arc, and the HoM arc alone.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
Imho, Doom absorbing Nightmare in his totality is >> 'mort absorbing Scarlet Witch. Remember, the only time Wanda's power has resembled anything close to 'uber' was during the HoM arc, and the HoM arc alone.

Immortus was stated to be capable of rewriting the multiverse when he became the Nexus just using those powers, Uatu and the TVA had to jump in to stop him from ever achieving those power levels since they couldn't deal with him otherwise. Even if SW hadn't show that level of power before Immortus was capable of using it that way. I think it validates the feat, like Doom's is validated by the fact we know Nightmare and not because of what he did with Nightmare powers in particular.

Uriel005
Immortus was stated to be capable of rewriting the multiverse when he became the Nexus just using those powers, Uatu and the TVA had to jump in to stop him from ever achieving those power levels since they couldn't deal with him otherwise. Even if SW hadn't show that level of power before Immortus was capable of using it that way. I think it validates the feat, like Doom's is validated by the fact we know Nightmare and not because of what he did with Nightmare powers in particular.

Remember SW biggest problem was her mental instability. If she had better control and able to put into practice what her power set should be able to do she would be very highly placed on my list of powerful beings but as it is she is just unreliable in the use of her own powers for anything large scale.

Bentley
She did have a time as the Dark Scarlet Witch just prior that arc, but mostly I agree her powers wouldn't be used to threat Immortus. Doom didn't exactly faced Nightmare head on if I recall correctly, he tricked Doctor Voodoo into getting Nightmare closer to the place he protected with the actuality field but didn't exactly confronted Nightmare going all out.

But I digress, yes, if we consider more the opposition he faced the Nightmare feat is indeed superior. Immortus just faced Wanda, Agatha Harness and the Time Twisters and manipulated his way into power.

Flyattractor
If its this Doctor...

http://www.radiotimes.com/shows/doctor-who/gallery/the-doctors/007/photo_lrg.jpg
Bats,and Doom are SKREWED!

SONICLY!

Digi
lol, McCoy's immediate predecessor actually had a worse outfit imo.

OneDumbG0
Magneto knows what's up:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Stats/DoomRespect05AvengersChildrensCrusade3.jpg

uhuh

BattleMage
lol laughing out loud

BattleMage
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Magneto knows what's up:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Stats/DoomRespect05AvengersChildrensCrusade3.jpg

uhuh That's right even he knows DOOM is more powerful than him!

iceman24567
Mags had a REAL upgrade Doom was eaten by a overgrown shark smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.