Who can last longest against Odin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Who can last the longest against Odin?

In the following senario, Odin believes each of the characters listed below are responsible for the death of Thor and has vowed to destroy them utterly; he is completely homicidal and will attack as viciously and unrelentingly as he possibly can...

As a result, he has entered the Destroyer, withdrew all the mystical power available from the realm of Asgard (with the exception of the spiritual energies of the Asgardians, so this isnt the 2000ft Destroyer, but a version thats much more powerful than the normal Destroyer nonetheless), and has called his spear to his hand...

Now, as in one of my previous threads, all the combatants are trying to defeat Odin (one on one of course), but are attempting to do so as safely (and smartly) as they possibly can...now, here are the contestants:

Thanos
The Runner
Depowered Tyrant
Darkseid
High Evolutionary
Hunter/Prey Doomsday
Onslaught
Superboy Prime

And, as before, who do you think gets taken out the fastest?

Lunacyde
Superboy Prime

He's shrugged of Mordru's attacks, tossed around Anti-Monitor without harm, survived ION's onslaught, and survived Galaxy busting attacks. Anything short of Red Sun radiation isn't going to cut it for Odin.

Lord Feron
DP Tyrant Lasts the Longest.

Doomsday Gets defeated the fastest.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Superboy Prime

He's shrugged of Mordru's attacks, tossed around Anti-Monitor without harm, survived ION's onslaught, and survived Galaxy busting attacks. Anything short of Red Sun radiation isn't going to cut it for Odin.

He's going to have some extremely powerful magical attacks coming at him...you think he will be able to shrug that off?

Lunacyde
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
He's going to have some extremely powerful magical attacks coming at him...you think he will be able to shrug that off?

I believe so. Mordru is one of the most powerful Magic users in the DCU.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Superboy Prime

For all of SBP physical attributes I dont think he will do all that much against the odin powered destroyer armor.

Also Odin doesn't have to use magical blasts. He can just use his spear or use is skyfather powers to physically bring the fight SBP. Which is completely unnecessary for Odin but it is something he can do.

Black bolt z
If this is high end HE he can defeat odin.If this is low end HE he gets stomped.

But I might say the runner just due to his ability to not get hit.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Black bolt z
If this is high end HE he can defeat odin.If this is low end HE he gets stomped.

But I might say the runner just due to his ability to not get hit.

I guess I should have been clear on that...

This isnt the HE that can amp up to a Galactus level being, but HE as most commonly appears; a High Herald to a Trans level being...

The Runner was my pick btw; as per the OP, the combatants are fighting as smartly as possible...as a result, The Runner would utilize hit and run tactics as effectively as he possibly could.

Uriel005

Hasn't SBP shrugged of magic with a laugh before??? I don't know how he'd stand up to a full on Odin Force blast though.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Uriel005
Hasn't SBP shrugged of magic with a laugh before??? I don't know how he'd stand up to a full on Odin Force blast though.

I think a full on blast from Odin in this situation (and remeber he has withdrew all the mystical power from the realm Asgard, with the exception of the spirtual power of the Asgardians, into himself) should drop SBP...

And if that doesnt, then the Destroyers disintegrator beam (especially with it being as strong as it surely would be with so much power inside of the armor) should do the trick...

KuRuPT Thanosi
The answers are very obvious and clear...

SBP and Thanos last the longest. If it's current Thanos he beats Odin simply because he cannot die and we know Odin can.

The even easier answer is DP Tyrant.. He beat Odin straight up.. but I didn't pick him since the question was who last the longest not who beats odin. That answer is SBP and THanos.

Uriel005
Question which SBP is this. Guardian amp might be able to take it if not pull off a win as much of the magic advantage goes away. Not negated mind you but it would be mitigated turning it into more of a fist fight which I believe SBP would be able to take as IMO he's stronger than Thor doing the hammer throw thing on destroyer armor. standard SBP loses I think so I'd have to go with Runner just on the basis of how Odin wouldn't be able to tag him unless he just nukes the battlefield and causes a self bfr on runners part as he runs away

TheLordofMurder
@Thanosi

Odin might not be able to "kill" Thanos in this senario...but surely he could KO him...and a KO counts as a win.

Also, how does DP Tyrant beat Odin in this senario? How does Tyrant damage the armor let alone overpower an Odin that has withdraw all the mystical power of Asgard into his being?

During Thor 400, Odin gave Thor his power to fight Surter...

And from there was able to draw enough power from Asgard itself to fight Seth on equal terms...so Odin is really, really, powerful in this senario...

You really think DP Tyrant could overwhelm a being equal in power to Odin and Seth that possesses the Destroyer Armor and Gungnir!?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I shouldn't read the OP more carefully.... I didn't know Odin was in the destroyer and could draw on all that power. In that case.. I think Tyrant would still get some wins but Odin would probably win, so you're right on that L.O.M.

TheLordofMurder
@Uriel....

This is just standard SBP in this senario...

Colossus-Big C
Tyrant, he may even beat him

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Tyrant, he may even beat him

Even with Odin being as powerful (and durable) as he is in the OP?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Tyrant, he may even beat him DP tyrant isn't beating regular odin much less this one.

Colossus-Big C
oops i didnt read the op

Nihilist
Tyrant or Runner(by simply not getting hit)

thanos-prime
DP tyrant isn't beating regular odin much less this one. Dp tyrant would have a very good chance of beating regular odin.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Dp tyrant would have a very good chance of beating regular odin.

I dont know about that...

Thanos was affecting DP Tyrant with his blows and was having success against him, while Thanos had NO success against Odin and was unable to do anything significant to him...

Stoic
Tyrant would take Odin all by himself. This thread should be about which one of these guys would last the longest against Tyrant, and Odin should be in the line up. There a HUGE chance that Odin would amp Tyrant with his blasts. What happens then? Do they go H2H with Tyrant being stronger than when the battle began?

Bentley
Odin amping Tyrant with his blasts? Pft!

Now we can spout unproved speculation in this threads and go "yeah, I beat your *ss, Kang beats Doom in his sleep!"

Black bolt z
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Dp tyrant would have a very good chance of beating regular odin. Originally posted by Stoic
Tyrant would take Odin all by himself. This thread should be about which one of these guys would last the longest against Tyrant, and Odin should be in the line up. There a HUGE chance that Odin would amp Tyrant with his blasts. What happens then? Do they go H2H with Tyrant being stronger than when the battle began? DP tyrant isn't beating regular odin much less this amped odin.

Stoic
Originally posted by Bentley
Odin amping Tyrant with his blasts? Pft!

Now we can spout unproved speculation in this threads and go "yeah, I beat your *ss, Kang beats Doom in his sleep!"

There is a possibility. After all wasn't Rulk able to leech the Odin Force? How much greater is Tyrant at energy absorption than Rulk was when he possessed the ability? I don't see why there's a need to completely rule out the possibility. Besides even without leeching, I don't see Odin taking Tyrant. That's just my belief though.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Stoic
There is a possibility. After all wasn't Rulk able to leech the Odin Force? How much greater is Tyrant at energy absorption than Rulk was when he possessed the ability? I don't see why there's a need to completely rule out the possibility. Besides even without leeching, I don't see Odin taking Tyrant. That's just my belief though. You see DP tyrant taking this amped bloodlusted odin?

Stoic
You see DP tyrant taking this amped bloodlusted odin?

Can you say for certain that the Destroyer wouldn't be a liability to Odin? Uru has been destroyed several times. Perikus cut Mjolnir in two with ease, and the Celestials melted a far more powerful Destroyer than the one depicted in this thread with ease.

Stoic
DP tyrant isn't beating regular odin much less this amped odin.

Also what makes you say this? Did Thanos convince you that because he knocked Tyrant over that he somehow hurt Tyrant?

Black bolt z
Can you say for certain that the Destroyer wouldn't be a liability to Odin? Uru has been destroyed several times. Perikus cut Mjolnir in two with ease, and the Celestials melted a far more powerful Destroyer than the one depicted in this thread with ease. It wouldn't amp him much but it would amp him.Originally posted by Stoic
Also what make you say this? Did Thanos convince you that because he knocked Tyrant over that he somehow hurt Tyrant? And what did thanos do to hurt regular odin much less this one?

TheLordofMurder
Can you say for certain that the Destroyer wouldn't be a liability to Odin? Uru has been destroyed several times. Perikus cut Mjolnir in two with ease, and the Celestials melted a far more powerful Destroyer than the one depicted in this thread with ease.

I am failing to follow your logic; you do know that the Destroyer is more durable that Uru!? You do know that Depowered Tyrant is far below a Celestial?

How in the heck is the Destroyer, then, a liability?

As for your belief that DP can beat regular Odin, what makes you think this?

Thanos was much more effective against DP Tyrant than against Odin...seems to me that that indicates that Odin is above DP Tyrant.

And maybe you didnt read the OP, but Odin in this senario would essentially be as powerful as himself and Seth combined...AND he would have Gungnir and the Destroyer Armor...AND he is fully bloodlusted and homicidal...

Surely even you dont really believe that Tyrant can beat Odin all by himself in this situation...

Stoic
It wouldn't amp him much but it would amp him. And what did thanos do to hurt regular odin much less this one?

Well I brought Thanos to the forefront, because I figured that this is where you got your opinion that Odin was above Tyrant. Have you forgotten that Tyrant was hit by a full concussive blast by Galactus, which hit him so hard that he ripped through Galactus' World Ship? Tyrant then came back, and nearly killed Galactus, and he would have if he wasn't nullified. This was also a Galactus that had prepped for Tyrant by devouring a planet before the battle. This places Tyrant clearly in the High Skyfather bracket, with power to spare. If Perikus could cut through a solid block of enchanted Uru, surely Tyrant could tear through a couple inches of the same enchanted Uru.

Black bolt z
Well I brought Thanos to the forefront, because I figured that this is where you got your opinion that Odin was above Tyrant. Have you forgotten that Tyrant was hit by a full concussive blast by Galactus, which hit him so hard that he ripped through Galactus' World Ship? Tyrant then came back, and nearly killed Galactus, and he would have if he wasn't nullified. This was also a Galactus that had prepped for Tyrant by devouring a planet before the battle. This places Tyrant clearly in the High Skyfather bracket, with power to spare. If Perikus could cut through a solid block of enchanted Uru, surely Tyrant could tear through a couple inches of the same enchanted Uru. Destroyer amor with odin in it>>>>Uru.

And so what?Thanos has taken blasts from galactus before.And or DP tyrant to nearly kill galactus where FP failed...jobbing/PIS much?

TheLordofMurder
Tyrant only withstood Galactus's blast because Tyrant absorbs BSE (Bio-Spheric Energy)...so Galactus amped Tyrant as a result (this fight was pure PIS and Galactus jobbed bigtime, but thats another argument for another day).

Again, your logic fails; DP Tyrant is above Skyfather, but struggled with Thanos more than Odin did!? Sorry...this does not compute.

TheLordofMurder
As for Rulk leeching the Odin Force, Rulk is one of the most PIS-powered characters I've seen in recent memory...take anything he does with a grain of salt.

Dont forget, Rulk had the Loeb Force...and anyone with that can do things FAR, FAR, above what they logically should be able to do.

TheLordofMurder
As another indiction that Odin>>DP Tyrant, Odin one shots high heralds...

Tyrant was requiring two to three shots to take down mid to high heralds...

Yet another indication that Odin>>DP Tyrant...

TheLordofMurder
As a final indication that Odin>>DP Tyrant...

Odin used the "Thanos Pimp Slap" on Thanos!!...its tough to do something more badass than that! And thats something DP Tyrant failed to do when Thanos attacked him physically...

Happy Dance

Stoic
Destroyer amor with odin in it>>>>Uru.

And so what?Thanos has taken blasts from galactus before.And or DP tyrant to nearly kill galactus where FP failed...jobbing/PIS much?

Thanos did not take a direct blast from Galactus, don't fool yourself. His shields took the brunt, and even then he was nearly cooked.

Tyrant only withstood Galactus's blast because Tyrant absorbs BSE (Bio-Spheric Energy)...so Galactus amped Tyrant as a result (this fight was pure PIS and Galactus jobbed bigtime, but thats another argument for another day).

Again, your logic fails; DP Tyrant is above Skyfather, but struggled with Thanos more than Odin did!? Sorry...this does not compute.

The initial blast was not absorbed by Tyrant, he took the full scale blast and was fine, and ripped through the hull of Galactus' ship.

Rulk was written to have those powers, and he was just that good. These are comics, none of this stuff should amaze you.

Tyrant was dealing with those Mid to High Heralds with kids gloves. He didn't want them dead, he wanted to drain them. You know this. This is a weak argument, because everyone knows that those High Heralds were non factors to Tyrant. Have you ever seen Odin Force Thor slag the Destroyer? Yes or no? If you say yes, then there is an over 50/50 chance that Tyrant could buckle that armor, or slag it himself (very high possibility). Who said that because Odin in the Destroyer with Gugnir while being out of control pissed would be enough to beat someone who shrugged off Galactus' best? Are you certain, and I mean without a space for doubt, that the Destroyer construct wouldn't be a liability for Odin? remember That the 1000 ft tall Destroyer was exponentially more powerful than Odin would be if he were in the construct alone.

Where did you get the absolute fact, that Tyrant is far below the average Celestial in power? Franklin Richards as a child was considered a peer to them, so where do you get these facts from?

What's with the banana dance? You believe that I somehow conceded to the uncertain points that you launched?

Stoic
Thanos was using a plot device to stand on a lower footing that Tyrant, and he was still going to die had he not fled.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Stop with the lies... Dp Tyrant ONE SHOT most everybody he encountered. Period. BRB was One Shot, Glads tried eye beams they were met by Tyrants and Glads eye beams were overpowered. However, this isn't a direct attack on him. When he directly attacked him not his eye beams.. he was one shot. Surfer was one shot but got up panels later.. only to be one shot for good. Gany was one shot... J.O.H. was one shot.. Morg and Terrax were treated like children. He one shot High Heralds and Mid Heralds with ease. Dp Tyrant IMO wins a clear majority over Odin. Their common opponent speaks towards that... Thanos was in fear of his life against Tyrant... A Tyrant who he had studied and knew he was going to face. He did plan to fight Odin.. yet had no fear of staying against Odin and continuing the fight. That indicated to me, that THanos felt their power levels and clear was in fear for his life against Tyrant.. not Odin.. and for a fight that lasted a lot shorter period of time. Thanos had felt enough of Tyrant.

TheLordofMurder
@Stoic

Tyrant DID absorb Galactus's blast; I suggest you re-read that story arc (as I did)...

Yes, Tyrant wasnt going all out against those heralds, but at the same time they were doing things to him that I am absolutely certain they would not be able to do against Odin; Ganymede damaged Tyrant when she put her staff to his head and fired...Gladiator's eye beams cancelled out Tyrants.

Odin, on the other hand, one shotted Drax and the Surfer with ease; treated them like insects...the mid to high heralds were not insects (going by their showing against him) to DP Tyrant.

Just to back track and the heralds damaging Tyrant, Thanos himself was UNABLE to harm or even bulge Odin...but he was able to do these things to Tyrant...so again, how does DP Tyrant beat Odin?

As for King Thor harming the Destroyer, you do know that a plot device was used to WEAKEN the Destroyer prior to King Thor damaging it?

Again, you might wanna re-read that story arc if you didnt know that...

As for Franklin Richards, he is a high end reality warper...once he masters his powers, he will be far above DP Tyrant as well.

As for the bananna dance, that isnt there to spite you; its there because I think its awesome that Odin used the Thanos Pimp Slap on Thanos...

Anyway, all indications are that Odin is above DP Tyrant...the comics support this.

TheLordofMurder
@Thanosi

Dude...please learn to break your blocks of jumble into segments that are easier to digest; your writing style is atrocious and takes away from the points you attempt to make...

And dude, Thanos has a high "Heart" rating (to use a Fight Night reference) and so he doesnt give up easily, but he wasnt doing JACK to Odin; couldnt harm him or even bulge him...contrast that to his showing against DP Tyrant were he WAS harming and affecting Tyrant with his blows.

Odin>>DP Tyrant.

Stoic
@Thanosi

Dude...please learn to break your blocks of jumble into segments that are easier to digest; your writing style is atrocious and takes away from the points you attempt to make...

And dude, Thanos has a high "Heart" rating (to use a Fight Night reference) and so he doesnt give up easily, but he wasnt doing JACK to Odin; couldnt harm him or even bulge him...contrast that to his showing against DP Tyrant were he WAS harming and affecting Tyrant with his blows.

Odin>>DP Tyrant.

But Thanos was using a plot device against Tyrant, he did no such thing against Odin, and as the dialog mounted, he believed that he could have beaten Odin. Thanos prepped for Tyrant, and I mean he prepped for several weeks, if not months. Thanos gathered all of the universe's intel on Tyrant. He simply went to Odin bare and challenged him. Thanos wasn't a challenge to Tyrant with a plot device, but he took everything that Odin dished without said device.

Thanosi made some good points. Can you answer one question for me though? Did Thor slag the Destroyer construct? Yes or No?

Stoic
@Stoic

Tyrant DID absorb Galactus's blast; I suggest you re-read that story arc (as I did)...

Yes, Tyrant wasnt going all out against those heralds, but at the same time they were doing things to him that I am absolutely certain they would not be able to do against Odin; Ganymede damaged Tyrant when she put her staff to his head and fired...Gladiator's eye beams cancelled out Tyrants.

Odin, on the other hand, one shotted Drax and the Surfer with ease; treated them like insects...the mid to high heralds were not insects (going by their showing against him) to DP Tyrant.

Just to back track and the heralds damaging Tyrant, Thanos himself was UNABLE to harm or even bulge Odin...but he was able to do these things to Tyrant...so again, how does DP Tyrant beat Odin?

As for King Thor harming the Destroyer, you do know that a plot device was used to WEAKEN the Destroyer prior to King Thor damaging it?

Again, you might wanna re-read that story arc if you didnt know that...

As for Franklin Richards, he is a high end reality warper...once he masters his powers, he will be far above DP Tyrant as well.

As for the bananna dance, that isnt there to spite you; its there because I think its awesome that Odin used the Thanos Pimp Slap on Thanos...

Anyway, all indications are that Odin is above DP Tyrant...the comics support this.

The first blast was not absorbed. The second one was. Let me check, and if I wrong, i will admit that I am wrong, but it still leaves the issue of Thor slagging the Destroyer construct, and us not allowing a low ball to dictate Tyrant's ability to do the same.

Also the Spinsters weapons were designed to effect Tyrant. Tyrant was playing with those Heralds, he didn't want to kill them, he needed their power. Also wasn't he on a higher level than his previous battle with the Heralds when he confronted Galactus? I mean with the Orbs of Power dynamic?

TheLordofMurder
Yeah...Thor did...but only AFTER it was weakened.

In the senario here in this thread...it is not weakened and functions at normal levels of durability...and at normal levels of durability ONLY a Celestial Host has proven capable of harming it directly.

As for Thanos standing up to Odin, that was a great feat of durability for Thanos, but in order to reasonably state that Thanos could have beaten Odin, you have to prove that he is even capable of harming Odin 1st...

And thats something that Thanos has NEVER been able to do...

Stoic
Was the Destroyer construct structurally weakened? Can you provide proof of this?

TheLordofMurder
Unfortunately no; my computers dead, I am posting on a ps3, and there is no scanner (to my knowledge) compatible with a ps3...so I am unable to provide scans.

Stoic
Sorry but I don't buy it. Perikus sliced through the same substance with ease, and although the Destroyer is supposed to be stronger than Mjolnir, how much stronger is it? Why was it not capable of crushing Mjolnir in its grasp if this is the case? The only time in the entire Thanos vs Tyrant fight that I saw Tyrant pour it on, was near the end of the story. Tyrant simply became tired of the charade, and opted to end it. Thanos knew this and fled. It wasn't as if Tyrant didn't throw Thanos around as well, if this is a who did better against Thanos argument.

Just remember that Thanos was being amped, and I don't care what anyone says, it's there, and easy for the eye to see. Thanos used nothing against Odin, but kept getting up.. Was this PIS? As it stands, I'm still unconvinced that Odin would be better in the Destroyer than without. I can't retrieve the Tyrant vs Galactus fight, I can't find it. I was certain that Galactus' first assault was not leeched though, while his second volley was. This was my way of showing how tough Tyrant is, and how he can take as good as he gets. Then again Galactus is jobbing as we speak.

Razior
Odin 7.5/10 agains Tyrant

iceman24567
Tyrant isn't beating Odin his fight against Galactus wasn't as straight forward as most imply. Tyrant has one good absorption feat he isn't absorbing the Odinforce

OneDumbG0
Sorry but I don't buy it. Perikus sliced through the same substance with ease, and although the Destroyer is supposed to be stronger than Mjolnir, how much stronger is it? Why was it not capable of crushing Mjolnir in its grasp if this is the case? The only time in the entire Thanos vs Tyrant fight that I saw Tyrant pour it on, was near the end of the story. Tyrant simply became tired of the charade, and opted to end it. Thanos knew this and fled. It wasn't as if Tyrant didn't throw Thanos around as well, if this is a who did better against Thanos argument.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.