How does this go? (Marvel vs. DC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Parmaniac
Ok 3 Battles like they're shown on the pics

Round 1:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8351/wizardlmsdcvillainsvsma.th.jpg

Round 2:
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6274/avengersvsjla.th.jpg

Round 3:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1159/zmarvelvsdcilkzytqcunrt.th.jpg

My guess is
Round 1: Marvel 10/10
Round 2: DC 10/10
Round 3: A horrible stomp in DCs favor

Razior
Round 1: DC
Round 2: Marvel
Round 3: DC

marwash22
1. left side wins (team with Thanos)
2. right side wins (DC)
3. left side wins in a rapestomp (team with Supes and Lobo)

Q99
1... lesse, Thanos, Magneto, Doom, Ultron, Juggs... Darkseid, Sinestro, Circe, Brainiac (in a strong robot body), Cheetah... this one seems like a pretty good fight, though I lean Marvel.

2. DC in a stomp. They have several more Heralds than Marvel (You've got Wonderman matched up against Captain Marvel, Power Girl about to stomp Miss Marvel, Wonder Woman going to do the same to She-Hulk, Kyle against Iron Man, Martian Manhunter against Vision, Quicksilver against Flash, and Orion already beating down his foe. Every Marvel herald, on the other hand, is opposed by at least another Herald, with maybe the biggest advantage being Quasar vs Firestorm, not nearly on the scale as the others)

3 is without a doubt a stomp for DC on so many levels.

TheLordofMurder
Ok...

In round 1, what stood out to me was the Joker vs the Green Goblin; the Joker dies almost immediately if he dares let the goblin get that close to him...I also pick Doom to defeat Luthor.

As pertains Darkseid vs Thanos, I have mixed feelings due to how the Omega Effect is supposed to work; if it works as supposed to work, it automatically erases any being thats not "essential" to the universe...and so it should erase Thanos with one shot.

If it functions in its "jobber" capacity, however, where it fails to erase characters (and this seems to be its norm nowadays) that it should destroy utterly (like HP Doomsday) then Thanos withstands the Omega Effect and overwhelms Darkseid physically.

Round 2:

Screw all that bullcrap about about Cap not being a superhuman; he once stated he could run a mile in a little over a minute...which means he can run over 50 miles per hour...that is absolutely in the realm of Superhuman IMHO. Anyway, I pick him to defeat Bats in a straight up fight...

I pick Thor to beat Superman, I pick Green Lantern to crush Iron Man, Wonder Woman should beat the hell out of She-Hulk, and I think Martian Manhunter should overwhelm Vision...

Round 3:

Supes over Hulk via BFR, Superboy crushes Spiderman, Wolverine and Lobo stalemate as they cant kill one another, and I still pick Captain America to beat Batman...unless Batman has prep of course.

marwash22
Originally posted by Q99

3 is without a doubt a stomp for DC on so many levels. yep, the 3rd one is a possible solo job for Superman, SB, Lobo or Wondy.

Razior
Originally posted by Razior
Round 2: Marvel
Round 3: DC

Round 2: DC
Round 3: DC *

marwash22
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Screw all that bullcrap about about Cap not being a superhuman; he once stated he could run a mile in a little over a minute...which means he can run over 50 miles per hour...that is absolutely in the realm of Superhuman IMHO. i dunno how you came up with that figure.

Q99
Neither Joker nor Luthor are important to the DC side though. Doom's probably the only one able to prevent Circe from turning half the Marvel side into chickens.

Which also leaves Wonder Woman to stomp Storm.

And while Lobo can't 'kill' Logan, he can throw him a few hundred miles while he proceeds to tear into other foes.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by marwash22
i dunno how you came up with that figure.

Umm...

If he could run a mile in exactly 1 minute, then that would be 60 miles per hour...

But he stated he could do it in "a little over a minute" (which he wasnt precisely clear on); in my minds eye I thinking in maybe a minute 10-15 seconds...which puts him as running more than 50 miles per hour.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Q99
Neither Joker nor Luthor are important to the DC side though. Doom's probably the only one able to prevent Circe from turning half the Marvel side into chickens.

Which also leaves Wonder Woman to stomp Storm.

And while Lobo can't 'kill' Logan, he can throw him a few hundred miles while he proceeds to tear into other foes.

I wasnt picking a winner as a whole...just looking at some of the individual matchups; were we supposed to be picking a winner as a whole each round?

Uriel005
Ok...

In round 1, what stood out to me was the Joker vs the Green Goblin; the Joker dies almost immediately if he dares let the goblin get that close to him...I also pick Doom to defeat Luthor.

As pertains Darkseid vs Thanos, I have mixed feelings due to how the Omega Effect is supposed to work; if it works as supposed to work, it automatically erases any being thats not "essential" to the universe...and so it should erase Thanos with one shot.

If it functions in its "jobber" capacity, however, where it fails to erase characters (and this seems to be its norm nowadays) that it should destroy utterly (like HP Doomsday) then Thanos withstands the Omega Effect and overwhelms Darkseid physically.

Round 2:

Screw all that bullcrap about about Cap not being a superhuman; he once stated he could run a mile in a little over a minute...which means he can run over 50 miles per hour...that is absolutely in the realm of Superhuman IMHO. Anyway, I pick him to defeat Bats in a straight up fight...

I pick Thor to beat Superman, I pick Green Lantern to crush Iron Man, Wonder Woman should beat the hell out of She-Hulk, and I think Martian Manhunter should overwhelm Vision...

Round 3:

Supes over Hulk via BFR, Superboy crushes Spiderman, Wolverine and Lobo stalemate as they cant kill one another, and I still pick Captain America to beat Batman...unless Batman has prep of course.

Lobo can use his chain to wrap Wolverine. Pretty sure it's strong enough that he can't cut it either. I mean lassoing a star...

Bouboumaster
1- Marvel stomp:
Thanos > Darkseid, Doom >>> Luthor, Green Goblin >>>>>>> Joker, etc.

2- DC stomp: The only two victory that Marvel score are Thor > Sups, and Cap > Batman. But they wouldn't have the time to do it, since Wonder Woman destroy She-Hulk, come help Clark, and then procede to kick ass.

3- DC destroy Marvel: Again, I see Cap win over Batman. IF it's current Hulk, he beats Sups. But it really doesn't matter, DC is too stacked here.

marwash22
Umm...

If he could run a mile in exactly 1 minute, then that would be 60 miles per hour...

But he stated he could do it in "a little over a minute" (which he wasnt precisely clear on); in my minds eye I thinking in maybe a minute 10-15 seconds...which puts him as running more than 50 miles per hour. my mistake, i misread your post.

BattleMage
wink

CosmicComet
In round 3, the only Marvel victory would be Cap.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Uriel005
Lobo can use his chain to wrap Wolverine. Pretty sure it's strong enough that he can't cut it either. I mean lassoing a star...

Yeah, Wolverine ain't cutting Lobo's chain. Not at all.

marwash22
Originally posted by CosmicComet
In round 3, the only Marvel victory would be Cap. it's not individual matchups. Even if Cap beats Batman, he still loses because he'd have to fight one of the other DC combatants.Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yeah, Wolverine ain't cutting Lobo's chain. Not at all. how would he even get the opportunity to cut the chain if his arms are pinned to his side.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- Marvel stomp:
Thanos > Darkseid, Doom >>> Luthor, Green Goblin >>>>>>> Joker, etc.

2- DC stomp: The only two victory that Marvel score are Thor > Sups, and Cap > Batman. But they wouldn't have the time to do it, since Wonder Woman destroy She-Hulk, come help Clark, and then procede to kick ass.

3- DC destroy Marvel: Again, I see Cap win over Batman. IF it's current Hulk, he beats Sups. But it really doesn't matter, DC is too stacked here.
just for lulz spite thats not just the joker thats EMPRAH JOKER
laughing

Q99
I wasnt picking a winner as a whole...just looking at some of the individual matchups; were we supposed to be picking a winner as a whole each round?

The first poster seemed to pick an overall winner.

While they might first fight the person opposite them, nothing says they've got to stop there.

So sure, Doom might take out Luthor only to run into problems with the goddess of magic standing near Lex. She's only opposed by Absorbing Man, and that'll take her all of three seconds to end.

And heck, boyCheetah's about to rip open.. who is that holding Black Manta? He better be powerful because there's class 100 superspeed and claws at his back.

In round 1, people seem to be overlooking some of DC's strongest fighters.

Razior
Originally posted by Q99

In round 1, people seem to be overlooking some of DC's strongest fighters.

Agreed

Lord Feron
Marvel Nice Fight
DC decent fight but DC is the clear Vistor
DC seriously wtf...

Black bolt z
1: Edge marvel 8/10
2: Edge DC/10
3: Horrible horrible stomp in DC favor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.