Who would be the most effective symbiote user?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uriel005
Classic Venom suit w/out mental instability or desire for brain juice.

Bruce Banner, Deadpool, Wolverine, Captain America, Nightcrawler.

assume that the symbiote makes them incapable of using their other powers and cap doesn't get his shield. Pure symbiote ability fight each gets 6 months to get used to the suit.

Parmaniac
Wolverine

marwash22
Cap.

King Castle
deadpool, wolverine.

Parmaniac
The Venom symbiote corrupted Parker, I think this would be a big disadvantage for everyone except Wolverine, plus his claws aren't a superpower shifty

Razior
Wolverine

byrdgang21
I say deadpool but then again wouldn't that he just be the same as carnage?

marwash22
Wolverine + no powers = dead 'cause he's old as shit.
DP + no powers = trained soldier?
Bruce + no powers - Dorky scientist.
NC + no powers = skinny blue dude with sword training.
Cap + no powers - trained soldier.

Cap, ftw.

Razior
Originally posted by marwash22
DP + no powers = no skills at all.

Cap, ftw.

Yeah but Wolverine without powers still got claws right? so Wolvie Ftw!

marwash22
Originally posted by Razior
Yeah but Wolverine without powers still got claws right? so Wolvie Ftw! sure, but without his HF, his body would succumb to aging... wouldn't it?

Uriel005
DP + no powers = trained soldier?

Cap, ftw.
... by that logic Captain is really old too. I just meant taking them at human levels. No claws, no old as dirt, no gear.

Parmaniac
sure, but without his HF, his body would succumb to aging... wouldn't it? Yeah he would age like everyone else in 6 months.

King Castle
no, he has never aged when he has bn depowered.. that only happens to the other enhanced humans with his crafted healing factor DNA.

Parmaniac
He starts aging like everyone else without his HF doesn't he?

marwash22
Originally posted by Uriel005
... by that logic Captain is really old too. I just meant taking them at human levels. No claws, no old as dirt, no gear. not really. Steve has been without the serum and didn't age.

If you take away Logan's HF, wouldn't his body would break down because of his age? The only reason he isn't a broken old man as it is, is because his HF grants him pseudo-immortality/slow againg.

Parmaniac
not really. Steve has been without the serum and didn't age.

Take away Logan's HF and his body would break down because of his age. The only reason he isn't a broken old man as it is, is because his HF grants him pseudo-immortality. There was a story not long ago where it was cancelled and he was fine.

Also Civil War

marwash22
Originally posted by Parmaniac
There was a story not long ago where it was cancelled and he was fine. that makes no sense.

King Castle
He starts aging like everyone else without his HF doesn't he? i would assume so. he would age at a normal rate but he wouldnt turn to dust on the spot nor would he suffer accelerated aging neither.

none of those has ever shown to happen in comics when he has bn depowered.

the worse thing he has said about it is he finally feeling his age and that was when he was climbing a mountain..

Parmaniac
that makes no sense. Why not? If his HF gets cancelled he starts to age like normal people and not like in the Mel Gibson movie where he starts to decay very fast. Without his HF he ages like everyone.

marwash22
Why not? If his HF gets cancelled he starts to age like normal people and not like in the Mel Gibson movie where he starts to decay very fast. Without his HF he ages like everyone. if you're 200 years old and the only ting keeping you alive is your healing factor, it would only make sense that w/o the HF, your body would break down.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Uriel005
Classic Venom suit w/out mental instability or desire for brain juice.

Bruce Banner, Deadpool, Wolverine, Captain America, Nightcrawler.

assume that the symbiote makes them incapable of using their other powers and cap doesn't get his shield. Pure symbiote ability fight each gets 6 months to get used to the suit. nightcrawler would not bond well with the symbiote

King Castle
no. his healing factor slows down the aging process extending his life expectancy and health.

turning if off he would still remain the relative age and just start aging normally from that point.

like i said on panel none of what you want to happen to logan has happen nor will happen.

he just turns relatively human with the same issues they suffer nothing more nothing less

marwash22
Originally posted by King Castle
no. his healing factor slows down the aging process extending his life expectancy and health.

turning if off he would still remain the relative age and just start aging normally from that point.

like i said on panel none of what you want to happen to logan has happen nor will happen.

he just turns relatively human with the same issues they suffer nothing more nothing less who said anything about my desire for it to happen? I'm telling you it doesn't make sense, not that it will happen.

Omega Vision
There's no real medical reason for saying that suddenly removing the HF will cause the body to rapidly degrade.
if you're 200 years old and the only ting keeping you alive is your healing factor, it would only make sense that w/o the HF, your body would break down.
Not really. It's not like nature collects with interest or anything...

...except for in fiction land where nature has a consciousness.

Razior
if you're 200 years old and the only ting keeping you alive is your healing factor, it would only make sense that w/o the HF, your body would break down.

How can it be sens when its never ocured before (what i know). i think will age like anyone els... without the HF stick out tongue

marwash22
Originally posted by Omega Vision
There's no real medical reason for saying that suddenly removing the HF will cause the body to rapidly degrade.

Not really. It's not like nature collects with interest or anything...

...except for in fiction land where nature has a consciousness. are you saying that Logan is simply not old enough for it to matter? That i can accept. However, to say that if Logan (or any character) were a couple thousand years old and all of a sudden lost their HF, they'd be fine... that's retarded.

Omega Vision
are you saying that Logan is simply not old enough for it to matter? That i can accept. However, to say that if Logan (or any character) were a couple thousand years old and all of a sudden lost their HF, they'd be fine... that's retarded.
Yes they would. Unless they have some kind of cancer or disease which the HF was keeping at bay. And even then they're not just going to turn to dust. They'll age and die like normal people.

King Castle
healing factor does not maintain their age for them to disintegrate if removed, it doesnt work that way at all..
it just slows down the aging process.

anyways.... moving on:

Wade is a skilled soldier although disruptive. your initial post of him being unskilled is wrong plus, he also trained in japan as a sumo wrestler and yakuza enforcer learning sword fighting.

marwash22
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yes they would. Unless they have some kind of cancer or disease which the HF was keeping at bay. And even then they're not just going to turn to dust. They'll age and die like normal people. that would make sense if we were talking about "eternal youth", but I'm just talking about a HF that has kept you young for centuries.

BUt to your point, i get what you mean because Wolverine hasn't stopped aging completely, he just does so at a very slow pace.

Mindset
DP is one of the most skilled fighters on the planet.

marwash22

Wade is a skilled soldier although disruptive. your initial post of him being unskilled is wrong plus, he also trained in japan as a sumo wrestler and yakuza enforcer learning sword fighting. the initial post was edited.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
DP is one of the most skilled fighters on the planet. thats what i said in a thread months back but everyone says he is only skilled with his weapons. he wouldnt do so good in a martial arts tournament.

King Castle
probably b/c you were comparing him to the elite trained fighters like Cap and wolverine.

weaponless DP still smacks around the likes of DD and DP while goofin around

only reason he isnt considered high end is b/c he's moron and they include his cis in a powerless h2h fight.

Omega Vision
that would make sense if we were talking about "eternal youth", but I'm just talking about a HF that has kept you young for centuries.

What's your point?

IIRC the reason scientists think we age is because cellular replication degenerates over time and our cells produce increasingly inferior copies of themselves. A healing factor creates perfect copies of cells at increased rates.

If you subtract that though there's no reason why your body should age with interest. It will just start aging like a regular body.

chomperx9
probably b/c you were comparing him to the elite trained fighters like Cap and wolverine.

weaponless DP still smacks around the likes of DD and DP while goofin around

only reason he isnt considered high end is b/c he's moron and they include his cis in a powerless h2h fight. I just think he is underestimated just cause he uses his weapons alot

King Castle
he is underestimated b/c of his cis insanity not anything else.

he is a moron and will walk into an @$$ whoopin powerless or not b/c he doesnt care.

and it hurts sayin that b/c i am a DP fan.

is he skilled, yes. does he act like it, no.

chomperx9
he is underestimated b/c of his cis insanity not anything else.

he is a moron and will walk into an @$$ whoopin powerless or not b/c he doesnt care.

and it hurts sayin that b/c i am a DP fan.

is he skilled, yes. does he act like it, no. he doesnt care getting his ass kicked ? explain

King Castle
no.

Uriel005
Bea Arthur... That is all.

The MISTER
The Venom symbiote corrupted Parker, I think this would be a big disadvantage for everyone except Wolverine, plus his claws aren't a superpower shifty I thought that the unbreakability of the adamantium was the only power Wolverine doesn't have naturally thanks to being a mutant. His claws and the ability to extend and retract them would be considered a mutant ability and thus a super power. Without claws and a healing factor Wolverine's not even the same fighter. smokin'

The MISTER
Man sometime throughout the years Wolverine must have had his powers temporarily removed right? Like when Rouge could touch magneto. I'm sure it's happened at least once right?

the ninjak
Originally posted by The MISTER
Man sometime throughout the years Wolverine must have had his powers temporarily removed right? Like when Rouge could touch magneto. I'm sure it's happened at least once right?

Fatal Relations....Magneto tore the adamantium from Logans body. He barely survived the trip back to Earth and lost his healing factor for about 8 months. When they returned he could heal much faster. Like he exhauted and exercised a muscle.

The MISTER
Originally posted by the ninjak
Fatal Relations....Magneto tore the adamantium from Logans body. He barely survived the trip back to Earth and lost his healing factor for about 8 months. When they returned he could heal much faster. Like he exhauted and exercised a muscle. That's right, the adamantium was lost but the healing factor and claws , his base powers remained. Are ther any examples where the healing factor or claws were turned off temporarily? like the savage land or something along those lines.

the ninjak
I haven't witnessed it though Leech from Gen X (now FF) could do it. Logan's HF was gone after Fatal Relations temporarily then Cyber smashed his claws off with his foot.

The MISTER
Originally posted by the ninjak
I haven't witnessed it though Leech from Gen X (now FF) could do it. Logan's HF was gone after Fatal Relations temporarily then Cyber smashed his claws off with his foot. If he didn't look aged then the HF does not prevent him from "catching up" with his true age.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by The MISTER
That's right, the adamantium was lost but the healing factor and claws , his base powers remained. Are ther any examples where the healing factor or claws were turned off temporarily? like the savage land or something along those lines. There was a stoty not long ago witn a guy who cancelled his HF, they went into a bar and got drunk.

Also in Civil war after Sentry catched him and SHIELD put a power cancel collar on him.

The Nuul
Deadpool's and Wolverine's HF reject the symbiote.

Banner with his rad kills off the symbiote.

Cap's USA power one shots the symbiote power away.

Leaving NC who gets it.

rotiart
Didnt mojo do the same thing and cancel his powers?

And there was an issue also where wolverine had his powers cancelled and he goes people seem to forget my claws aren't a special power and then broke free...

King Castle
Originally posted by rotiart
Didnt mojo do the same thing and cancel his powers?

And there was an issue also where wolverine had his powers cancelled and he goes people seem to forget my claws aren't a special power and then broke free... yes.. he did that during civil war.
wolverine also did that feat in the late 80's on magneto's island when his powers were turned off, the only x men still able to use his abilities.

good times.. back when logan wasnt a mutant persay but, a bio engineered bionic mutant.

SamZED
Eddie Brock. His bond with the symbiote was better than anyone elses.

srankmissingnin
If Wolverine lost his powers he would essentially be in the body of a normal, extremely fit 35-40 year old man, and if it wasn't for Adamantium poisoning he would age at the standard rate. He isn't going to suddenly start aging rapidly for no reason, there hasn't been any cell degradation, he isn't Solid Snake.

janus77
Wolverine without HF = dead from adamantium bonding injuries and poisoning. unable to move because of its weight too smile

Bruce Banner w/ prep + Symbiote FTW... he'd harness the best out of its genetic potential, make weapons and shields to prevent any attacks too.

The Nuul
Ahhhhh so you guys are talking about this, duhhh.

"assume that the symbiote makes them incapable of using their other powers and cap doesn't get his shield. Pure symbiote ability fight each gets 6 months to get used to the suit".

Cap is best fighter and tactics. Banner is smart but in the wrong area. Logan is dead, DP is dead from his cancer? Forget NC.

Uriel005
Originally posted by The Nuul
Ahhhhh so you guys are talking about this, duhhh.

"assume that the symbiote makes them incapable of using their other powers and cap doesn't get his shield. Pure symbiote ability fight each gets 6 months to get used to the suit".

Cap is best fighter and tactics. Banner is smart but in the wrong area. Logan is dead, DP is dead from his cancer? Forget NC.
I corrected later. Assume they are just humans with their skill sets w/out gear.

King Castle
Originally posted by janus77
Wolverine without HF = dead from adamantium bonding injuries and poisoning. unable to move because of its weight too smile

Bruce Banner w/ prep + Symbiote FTW... he'd harness the best out of its genetic potential, make weapons and shields to prevent any attacks too. he's gone days without signs of adamantium poisoning. no expression

and its arguable if that is even the case now.

plus.. Wolverine has fought and moved with his HF being turned off,, he even fought alongside nova and took down some robots after going a week of ada poisoning.

chomperx9
Originally posted by janus77

Bruce Banner w/ prep + Symbiote FTW... he'd harness the best out of its genetic potential, make weapons and shields to prevent any attacks too. Hulk would bond well with the symbiote not bruce banner

not really. Steve has been without the serum and didn't age.

If you take away Logan's HF, wouldn't his body would break down because of his age? The only reason he isn't a broken old man as it is, is because his HF grants him pseudo-immortality/slow againg. no he wouldnt. his aging has stopped or slowed down, there is no reason to assume he'd age faster after the HF is cancelled, this makes no sense. he isnt growing old while the HF keeps the effects at bay, he just hasnt aged.

the answer to the OP is bruce banner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.