any new books?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

colossulrage
i no it probably wont happen but i would love for her to write prequals to the books like fill in the gap between when voldemort left hogwarts as a student up until harrys parents death. cause there is a pretty BIG gap where we no voldemort was doing crazy things with dark magic and not really knowing how he first came to prominance in the 1970's

siriuswriter
That would be a negative.

colossulrage
why i no it probably wont happen but it would be a great read

CaedusRules
I would like to see another 7 book series that follows Snape, James, Sirious, Remus, the longbottoms and Lilly. Of course some of the older students would be Lucious and other death eaters.

Voldemort would have already graduated, and some of the series could be focused around some of these characters preventing Voldy from making horcruxes, or some other interesting stuff that would piss voldamort off enough to want to target the Potters and Longbottoms later in life. Remember each of the potters and longbottoms must have defied voldamort 3 times... That almost 6 books there.

Would be nice but most likely wont happen.

colossulrage
Ya that would be awesome im just saying there is still tons of stuff she could branch out on. Dumbledore vs Grindewald maybe?

Flameback
Originally posted by colossulrage
Ya that would be awesome im just saying there is still tons of stuff she could branch out on. Dumbledore vs Grindewald maybe?

Dude, it would be overkill. Some would argue it was already starting to head that way. In any event, doing all that would really just start making the series seem overly contrived and would end up just falling flat on expectations. You got to end it eventually or the series would just become like another unoriginal Chris Claremont X-Men story. wink

colossulrage
FLAMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are my BANE!!

jakolo
Hello,
I just want to share this information with you, at present I am booink services for ghostwriting, my some of closest friend suggest for a ghostwriting services, this is really good place for ghostwriting.
---------
classifieds

cpa_parkcity
I think that the series should just end. It ended well less not mess with success. Plus Rowling made so much money from the books and movies, she doesn't have to do anything else.

The Phantom
Originally posted by cpa_parkcity
I think that the series should just end. It ended well less not mess with success. Plus Rowling made so much money from the books and movies, she doesn't have to do anything else. I partially agree with you here. Yes, she should stop while she is ahead. Overkill is possible. Like you said, she ended well.

Money should NEVER have anything to do with writing a series. Especially if having enough (is that possible?) means halting the series. As an author, if you feel there is more you can show us and should show us, then do so. It's the author's story. They can do as they please. (Sadly people also continue stories to gain more money when they should be stopped as well.)

siriuswriter
She's just recently said that it's very possible she'll write more Potter books - Daniel Radcliffe comments that he'll never play Harry again on the Deathly Hallows DVDs, there's a bit where Rowling and Radcliffe are talking together.

Barker
Originally posted by siriuswriter
She's just recently said that it's very possible she'll write more Potter books - Daniel Radcliffe comments that he'll never play Harry again on the Deathly Hallows DVDs, there's a bit where Rowling and Radcliffe are talking together.
I haven't seen this clip.

He won't even do a cameo? Pretty selfish.

siriuswriter
He says he won't play Harry - I don't think he said anything about a possible cameo. That would be fun, just have the trio at the Three Broomsticks sipping on Butterbeer in the background. Or play minor teachers. big grin

colossulrage
he will come back to play the role once he figures out nobody really wants to see a movie where he isnt harry potter.lol ive seen a few of his other movies and wow he isnt the best

siriuswriter
Wait 'till "Woman in Black" comes out.
And he did an awesome job on Broadway in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying as the lead J Pierrepont Finch.

And, negative, everyone wants to see him in non-Harry Potter roles. He shows much promise to become an A-list British actor.

ETA Oh, and unless we want the trio to grow up to be 25 he'll not play Potter again. It's not like he needs the money, he'll be rolling in Potter movie merchandise sales until the end of time.

hezza555
No there are no more ever now!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.