Harry Ellis, Respect!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
HARRY ELLIS

0cBsdgJcT28

Harry Ellis, the guy who wanted to make a deal with Die Hard villain Hans Gruber. While working-class cop John McClane was fighting to stay alive and beat the bad guys, Ellis figured it would be better to treat the murderous terrorists the way he would any high powered business client. And with the cocaine fueled optimism of the rich and stupid, Ellis proclaims: "Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast, I think I can handle this Eurotrash."

Hans (who for the record isn't really a terrorist, just an exceptional thief) is actually momentarily amused by Ellis's audacity. "Hans, bubby, I'm your white knight," Ellis says to the dumfounded sociopathic mastermind. Ellis's solution is to pretend to be John McClane's good friend, thereby making him a bargaining chip in Hans's eyes. While McClane clearly detested Ellis the moment he met him, he nonetheless does his heroic best to convince Hans that the men are most certainly not friends.

Ellis is the greatest example of someone who has all the confidence in the world when he shouldn't have any. His over the top antics are perhaps the only moment in the movie where McClane and Hans probably agree on anything: that life would probably be better without Harry Ellis. While this fact is almost completely lost to poor Ellis himself, the reality of his situation starts to dawn on him when Hans puts a rather serious looking gun on the table between them.

"What am I a method actor? Hans, babe, put away the gun. This is radio here, not television," he says. But he still doesn't get it, and all of his Rolex-wearing, cocaine snorting, cock of the walk confidence leads to his taking a bullet to the head. In the end, Harry Ellis died doing what he loved: listening to himself talk.

Sadako of Girth
You forgot to reference the source you copy/pasted all that from...

http://uk.stars.ign.com/articles/826/826238p1.html

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/826/826238/ocd-harry-ellis-20071010005504891.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, and? Is that like an MCRF rule? Didn't think so.

Sadako of Girth
Well isnt copy and pasting stuff and just posting that only classified as spam? It also might be an issue copyright law-wise. (Depending on the site.)

Not to mention its just lazy nicking someone else's...and not even bothering to put pics up for your tribute subject....

Luckily, RJ, Booby....Im your white knight.

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/826/826238/ocd-harry-ellis-20071010005504391.jpg

http://www.filmsite.org/fotos/diehard5.jpg

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/142/14210006/harryellis_boxboxart_160w.jpg

Rogue Jedi
If you were my white knight, I'd eat buckshot.

As for "copyright infringement"...

K8E_zMLCRNg

Hear that? That's the sound of no one caring.

Vids>>>>>Pics, babe.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
If you were my white knight, I'd eat buckshot.

Well Im your white knight, in that case.

Now be careful as you chew. Its a bit tough on the teeth, I'd suspect.

Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
Nah. Besides, how you gonna do that AND pay attention to Mac's nuts?

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
You forgot to reference the source you copy/pasted all that from...

http://uk.stars.ign.com/articles/826/826238p1.html

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/826/826238/ocd-harry-ellis-20071010005504891.jpg

While reading that, I though to myself "this is way too well written and thought out to be RJ." smile

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
While reading that, I though to myself "this is way too well written and thought out to be RJ." smile I could actually put it in better words. Didn't see the point, so I just copied and pasted. Pretty sure it's been done here alot.

Robtard
I could actually put it in better words. Didn't see the point, so I just copied and pasted. Pretty sure it's been done here alot.

No worries, I'm not upset at your plagiarizing ass. Thread's still funny.

Rogue Jedi
Ellis is hard not to like, despite his treachery and weasellike nature. He's the type of guy I'd want throwing me a bachelor party.

Sadako of Girth
'Til, of course, some German Jocks turn up and he tries selling your ass to them... shifty

I mean.... McClane let him off when he found him snorting the old peruvian marching powder in Holly's office.

Holly's office man.....Holly's office....

And he STILL sold out out the Mac when it became advantageous to do so.

The only other weasley corporate shark type I know of (of his Calibre) was Carter J Burke from Aliens...

He looked like a nice dude at first, then he throws you a batchelor party and then just as you fall asleep drunk, not only does Burke shave your eyebrows off, but something grips your head and you end up with a getting an organic tube shoved forcibly down your throat that lays a weird creature in your Thorax..

Surely that would make him suspect as a party host potential.

Sadako of Girth
Nah. Besides, how you gonna do that AND pay attention to Mac's nuts?

Hey, as evidenced by this, you're the one with his mind constantly on the McNutsack. smile

(Mine is just on the many feats that make him better than Riggs.)

Mmmm. I can see why a Harry Ellis/Carter J Burke party would appeal to you now, maybe lol

Sadako of Girth
I could actually put it in better words. Didn't see the point, so I just copied and pasted. Pretty sure it's been done here alot.

By you maybe. lol

Sadako of Girth
While reading that, I though to myself "this is way too well written and thought out to be RJ." smile

Hahahaha Yeah that was what made me suspicious too.

Sadako of Girth
No worries, I'm not upset at your plagiarizing ass. Thread's still funny.

+ 1

Rogue Jedi
By you maybe. lol K.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue Cheer up. Just bustin' chops...

Rogue Jedi
I know, Pinball.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
That's not a reference to the black guy with shitty breath from Con Air, btw.

Sadako of Girth
Yes. Thats a given.

Chappelle was great in that role.

Rogue Jedi
"He told me he loved me."

Sadako of Girth
Ha. Chappelle's character said that too, in that 'Con Air' movie. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Whoa, I didn't know dude directed 4 films.

Sadako of Girth
List em?

Rogue Jedi
His bio:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000952/

Sadako of Girth
Oh I thought you were on about Chappelle still.

Rogue Jedi
No, *****, Ellis.

Sadako of Girth
No, *****, Ellis.

"No, Isniff, Eliis"...?

You strange man.

Rogue Jedi
lol you're bald.

Sadako of Girth
Not right now, Im not.

Probably will be later this week though.

Rogue Jedi
So that's a hairstyle of choice? Wish I had the scalp for it, I'd totally do it.

Sadako of Girth
Sure. I've shaved it off since I was like 22-23.
(Being into my Hardcore Punk/Metal/Ska etc)

At least no-one'll notice later on if it becomes mandatory at any point. stick out tongue
It'll be a controlled landing.

Plus: Like the Zippo...if its good enough for McClane, its good enough for you.

Rogue Jedi
I never went all the way like Mac in DH4. Close, once, but never all the way. I wonder how it'd look.

Zippo is the king of lighters.

Robtard
I never went all the way like Mac in DH4. Close, once, but never all the way. I wonder how it'd look.

Zippo is the king of lighters.

I buzzed my scalp twice(first was after a long night of drinking/partying and at 2:30am, it seemed like a proper idea). Just doesn't suit me, though I wish it did, as having a shorn head is damn comfortable.

So go on and do it, you've got nothing to lose except a bad haircut for a month or so.

Rogue Jedi
I buzzed my scalp twice(first was after a long night of drinking/partying and at 2:30am, it seemed like a proper idea). Just doesn't suit me, though I wish it did, as having a shorn head is damn comfortable.

So go on and do it, you've got nothing to lose except a bad haircut for a month or so. Nah, my hair is too beautiful to lop off.

Sadako of Girth
You're just afraid to lose it 'cause your mask of hair has fallen, your inner wizardrapist image would be revealed naked before the world lol

Rogue Jedi
Nah, what I said.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah right. shifty

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
I notice in some older men that they start growing hair outta their ears.

Sadako of Girth
You have mirrors there now? stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Not the men in my family. At least not my Dad, Grandpa's or Uncles.

Sadako of Girth
I bet Harry Ellis would have. He was a hairy mofo.

Rogue Jedi
He had a thick beard, not sure about "hairy."

Sadako of Girth
Yeah a thick beard requires a lot of active hair follicles.

EX: "Hairy."

Rogue Jedi
Or he could be one of these hollywood douches who have electrolisis done.

Sadako of Girth
The yuppies were very like that.

(See 'American Psycho' for further details)

Rogue Jedi
I would never do that, man. I don't care what role was offered me or how much $$$.

Sadako of Girth
I bet you would if Voldy asked you too. Or Harry. shifty

Rogue Jedi
Nah, they'd just vanish it.

Sadako of Girth
And you'd tolorate that...wouldn't you..
You'd probably like it even.

'The wizards're coming to vanish ol' RJ up' huh....?

Rogue Jedi
Depends where they're vanishing me to.

Sadako of Girth
I BET it does. shifty

Rogue Jedi
Milla Jovovich's bed, yes. Carmen Electra's buxom, yes. Clint Howard's crotch? No.

Sadako of Girth
LOLz

You protesteth too much about Clint Howard's crotch.

"Gentle Ben Dover" should now be your new SN. laughing out loud

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Not exactly my idea hot spot.

Sadako of Girth
Oh come on. You know Im just busting chops.

(Also that you'd definitely go there if Howard had a wand in his ass. laughing out loud )

Anyways..... As Xmas time draws close, its time to respect the odious sub-weasel Ellis once more....

Awesome Ellisage in this clip.
fFRSruZyWGc

Rogue Jedi
His lol at :15 is epic haermm

Sadako of Girth
Makes me chuckle the way they edited it in even long after his death in the vid. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
This is pretty fail:

MdPR4qCc4uw

Rogue Jedi
This is win haermm

asrKQYSY8eU

Sadako of Girth
Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnncorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrect.

They were in fact both made of of pure, unadulterated fail.

Boy they werent kidding when they called it "Die Hard remake - Low Quality"..

Rogue Jedi
Dude in the second vid was OK as Ellis. He got the mannerism right.

Sadako of Girth
Point is it was a pointless second rate reconstruction.

Rogue Jedi
Probably working class Joes, like us, doing it for shits and giggles.

Sadako of Girth
Working class joe..? lol 'Wizard class geek', you mean, in your case lol

Working class Joes like SW. yes

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
I love SW and HP. But you already knew that.

Sadako of Girth
Really? You dont seem to be proving it...Forceghosts. Nuff said. smile

Rogue Jedi
Not immortal, baby.

Sadako of Girth
Only their bodies died... Luminous beings, Dude... Luminous beings.

Besides if the bodies death by the spirit carrying on is incorrect,
and the person who died isnt immortal, then neithers anyones soul in christianity or other religions...

Luminous beings.

You have again been PWNED.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm. Can they wield a lightsaber? Nah.

A wizard, they can remain immortal and still walk around killing people.

Tee

hee!!!

Sadako of Girth
Actually, then can guide other force users into killing your ass.

Pretty useful when you need entire metal planets destroyed. smile

Now they have a luminous virtual machine gun....ho...ho....ho.

Rogue Jedi
But not directly, WHEEE!!!!!!

Sadako of Girth
The end result is the same.

You Wheeeeeee'd you self...?

Oooops not ready for the big-boy pants yet, I see. smile

Rogue Jedi
Nah, force ghosts need people to do their work for them. A wizard with hocrux's doesn't.

Sadako of Girth
Horcruxes melted in the nuke detonation.

Also Lightsabres'd/blasters/thermal detonators would most likely destroy horcruxes, force crushes too.

It doesnt really matter what the afterlife capabilities of wizards are anyways, once Hogwarts was destroyed, the thread was won, anyways. smile

But enough of that here...

Rogue Jedi
Horcruxes melted in the nuke detonation. Er, no. Voldemort has his Hocruxs spread throughout the world. No nuke, see the VD thread.

k9YYbrZ4whY

*LOL's as the Jedi try to do what Dumbledore did in the vid below*

5tJhjx5IJDk

See the VD thread, Hogwarts is quite safe from their pitiful little band.

Sadako of Girth
Ah then Death Star obliterates said world, SW wins. smile

Nah. Same matter same space rule destroyed your headfriends.

Lord Shadow Z
This is win haermm

asrKQYSY8eU

The guy trying to be Ellis sounds like David Schwimmer, his voice was way too deep. big grin

Rogue Jedi
Ah then Death Star obliterates said world, SW wins. smile

Nah. Same matter same space rule destroyed your headfriends. Yeah, see SW would NEED the death star to take out a small band of wizards. It's like going squirrel hunting with Dark Phoenix.

Sadako of Girth
Well you started bringing in other characters, hiding Horcruxes way outside the boundry of the battle etc...

And whilst unneeded, it just shows you that your sorcerer's ways and ancient religions were no match for the force.

Palpatine commanding a death star was actually a screenfeat.
"Fire at will, commander..!" etc

Rogue Jedi
Well you started bringing in other characters, hiding Horcruxes way outside the boundry of the battle etc...

And whilst unneeded, it just shows you that your sorcerer's ways and ancient religions were no match for the force.

Palpatine commanding a death star was actually a screenfeat. Actually it it just another prime example of wizard power.

If you split your soul into seven pieces, would you lump them all together in a shoebox? Bit stupid.

Let's compare Magic and the force......

With magic, one can: Fly, teleport, kill instantly, become immortal (not some ghost, actually tangible on this Earth), vanish things, turn something into anything they want, adopt ones physical form, freeze an entire group of people.......I could go on.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah just a bit of a pity they couldn't beat VD and the force users even with all that...

Silly wizards....

Rogue Jedi
Yeah. Wizards, who are much more powerful and have far more spells and powers, yeah, they have no chance against a group of people who haven't 1/100th of their power. What was I thinking?

Sadako of Girth
No. They cannot be more powerful than the universe they are in.

The Jedi have a bit of an deal with that universe = ftw

The wizards have no quantifiable power whatsoever.

SWers = win

The wizards were massacred. Just accept it.

Sw= Win *Cue imperial march*

Rogue Jedi
No. They cannot be more powerful than the universe they are in. Yet many Jedi were killed by the Fett's. A fourth year would wtf pwn both Fett's at the same time. AND by dumbass battle droids. Voldemort would have solo'd Geonosis.

Yet many Jedi were killed by the Fett's. A fourth year would wtf pwn both Fett's at the same time. AND by dumbass battle droids. Voldemort would have solo'd Geonosis.

The wizards can do all a Jedi can do and then some. And more powerfully.

Nah. Anakin couldn't even save his mom. If it was Ron and his mom was held by the Tusken Raiders, he would have apparated her to medical care.

Nah. The wizards are far more powerful.

Why would they play the Imperial March at Sidious's funeral?

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

All very humourous, but c'mon. The thread was closed on a note of emphatic timecop victory, the other will be too in time, im sure, a youve gone on and on for like 20 pages and still failed to convince the majority there too, cause they can:

A) Read

B) Can see posts with both arguments

C) See the logic, theory, science, likelihood, etc

D) Can make their mind up for themselves.

And the majority of folk seem to feel that SW beats the wizard juices out of HP, based on the presented arguments.

Result of you not being able to counter the same matter/same space ambush, OR the bomb (without trying to gimp the bombs ability to remain workable over time, despite being built airtight and from non degradable components) and the wizards were annihilated.

But whatever man. You continue obsessing away about your wizard chums in whatever deluded manner you see fit.

But this has all been a lesson in the fact that spouting unsubstantiated falsehood and crossing your fingers that it just might be true one day, is not enough.. You need reason, logic, and good theories based on established fact.

Also a lot of buckets to clean up all that wizard mush.

Rogue Jedi
That's their right to do so, innit?

Sadako of Girth
Yep. smile

Rogue Jedi
And it's my right, as well as a few others, to disagree, innit?

Sadako of Girth
Yes, the minority has its right to express its view. smile

Only difference is you keep flaming the majority of people for not agreeing with whatever unrealistic, unworkable fantasy you super impose on the hypothetical situation. Your bouts of wizard rage do amuse though.

Rogue Jedi
Yes

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/harry-ellis-20071010011352501_640w-1.jpg

Sadako of Girth
LOL

Rogue Jedi
Lookit them teeth, Ellis surely paid for his dentists vacation.

Sadako of Girth
What a pity they had to sweep them all off of Holly's office floor the next morning... lol

Rogue Jedi
You know those big ass speakers she had in her office? My dad actually has a set of those.

Sadako of Girth
Hope there wasnt bits of brain all over them.

Cause there certainly was by the roll credits on Holly's....

Rogue Jedi
Pieces of shit. They look good though.

Lord Shadow Z
After thinking on it a while I never knew why Ellis didn't just tell Hans about Holly and then McClane would have had to give himself and the detonators up. I mean, he was a coward and he wanted the situation to be over as quick as possible so why not turn Holly over to Hans?

Yes, he had his eye on Holly but in the survival situation he was in he could have let his resentment at McClane holding up the robbery take over.

Sadako of Girth
Yes He could have had her office too, if she was killed, alas it would seem that Ellis was McPussywhipped.

It might have been that that thing he had for her was what compelled him to at least try to the 'right thing for her' as he seemed to, in his own twisted way. (Whilst also getting McClane killed in the process so he could evilly move in on the grieving widow, no doubt).

Lord Shadow Z
Yes He could have had her office too, if she was killed, alas it would seem that Ellis was McPussywhipped.

It might have been that that thing he had for her was what compelled him to at least try to the 'right thing for her' as he seemed to, in his own twisted way. (Whilst also getting McClane killed in the process so he could evilly move in on the grieving widow, no doubt).

I understand that but he still gave Hans enough information about McClane for him to indirectly figure it out after the TV special with his daughters and the picture in her office (meeting McClane helped too of course) so why not just tell him to save his own skin? It just would have seemed to fit the character more.

I don't think even if they had made it out he would have tried to make a play for Holly, especially as he publically 'outed' McClane's identity with all the cops listening, endangering her husband and herself.

Sadako of Girth
Well thats where he fu**ed up.
And we all knew he would the second he stood up straightening his tie.

Maybe not, but all I can do is guess that that was what was motivating him possibly whilst being high. He may not have been thinking straight out of his face on coke.

Lord Shadow Z
True, but shouldn't the drugs have made him less aware of what he was saying or revealing?

It was probably ego in the end, thinking that he could save the situation himself without endangering anyone. Just thought it was a curious error in the film, like why McClane never killed Hans when they first met if he knew who he was?

Sadako of Girth
Very possibly.

Anyone...but McClane.....maybe?

McClane wasnt sure at the beginning of the conversation. He used the convo to size him up....he was certainly sure after the "Bill Clay" line.

I think he let him live so he could hoatage take one of the hostage takers and get his wife back. Like he tries with Esparonza in DH2/.

Lord Shadow Z
Well, Ellis telling Hans about McClane wouldn't necessarily have endangered McClane because the main point was getting the detonators back. McClane could have left the detonators on a remote floor then radioed their position. But, then I guess Hans would have made his surrender part of it eventually.

The McClane/ Hans thing: I thought about the hostage idea but killing Hans might have been a smart move, but then again it might not. It depends on what the terrorists would have been like leaderless. Hans may have had that control over them that was important.

The Esperanza situation was slightly different as his intention to hold Esperanza was obvious as it was in the dialogue. With Hans there was nothing to indicate he was planning to take him as a hostage, and in any case its a moot point since they were rudely interrupted.

Then McClane snapped and killed. That'll teach the terrorists not to interrupt his conversations. big grin

Sadako of Girth
Judging by Karl's brother's "You may as well come out and join the udders, I von't hurt you...." *Machine guns the place he thinks McClane is hiding in* etc ..`followed by Karl's "I dont want Neutral...I vont dead" policies towards McClane, Id guess that letting McClane live was blatantly off the menu at that point, even if the detonators were delivered.

True, but it would fit the pattern, otherwise, like you say, he coulda just nailed Hans right there.

Hahaha Indeed.

Lord Shadow Z
Judging by Karl's brother's "You may as well come out and join the udders, I von't hurt you...." *Machine guns the place he thinks McClane is hiding in* etc ..`followed by Karl's "I dont want Neutral...I vont dead" policies towards McClane, Id guess that letting McClane live was blatantly off the menu at that point, even if the detonators were delivered.

I think Karl's brother was just jumpy, at that point McClane could have been assumed to be considered a frightened guest/worker and still dangerous. The area where McClane was was being renovated so there would have been some objects lying around.

Karl was strenous in wanting McClane dead yes, but Hans was more considered and for him it was all about the plan first- McClane second. He sent them after McClane on his orders twice I think, when McClane was radioing for help " The roof! Go Go!" and then after he obtained the detonators from Heinrich " Karl, hunt that little sh*t down and get me those detonators".

If McClane had only capped a few of his guys and not taken the detonators Hans would have been content to keep him cornered, Karl wouldn't but Hans was in charge and for the most part Karl obeyed.

Sadako of Girth
But once the detonators were separated from McClane, Karl'd definitely try to wipe him out.... Like on the computer floor.

I pretty much agree with all you say though.

Lord Shadow Z
But once the detonators were separated from McClane, Karl'd definitely try to wipe him out.... Like on the computer floor.

Definitely.

Another curious thing is the fact that both Ellis and Tagaki both kind of inspired their own deaths in a way, they had it coming anyway but they almost gave Hans permission to shoot them.

Ellis: 'Tell me about it. Alright, John, listen. They want you to tell them where the detonators are. They know people are listening. They want the detonators or they're gonna kill me'.

Takagi: 'I don't know it, I'm telling you. Get on a jet to Tokyo and ask the Chairman. I'm telling you, you're just going to have to kill me'.

With Takagi, Hans already had warned him about killing him but when Ellis spoke the line above Hans probably thought 'Ok, why not? Great idea!' Because initially at least he dissuaded Karl from greasing him on the spot.

The moral of this story is: don't ask/suggest that Hans kill you. He will.

Sadako of Girth
I also think that both made the mistake of thinking they could appeal to the humanity of their captors...

Both tried calling Han's bluff, but Hans was having none of it...

Robtard
I also think that both made the mistake of thinking they could appeal to the humanity of their captors...

Both tried calling Han's bluff, but Hans was having none of it...

Which is way Hans belongs somewhere in any 'Top Ten Greatest Movie Villains' list.

Rogue Jedi
Hans made the typical movie villian mistake. When it came to killing time, at the end, he TALKED to McClane. He should have pulled the trigger. He messed up the moment he took the gun off Mac.

Sadako of Girth
Which is way Hans belongs somewhere in any 'Top Ten Greatest Movie Villains' list.

Absolutely. yes

Rogue Jedi
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/harry-ellis-20071010011352501_640w.jpg

Sadako of Girth
A Xmas eve draws, Ellis prepares to be blown away for the 1st time on Bluray at my place.

Cant wait. Still only have the DVD of Die Hard 2 though.

Rogue Jedi
Here's how the Ellis really died:

m1yzl0IdFCg&feature=related

Sadako of Girth
Holy shit when watching the bluray of DH last night, I was amazed to see detail on tonnes of things that I couldn't before. The hideous quasi plaid crosshatching of Ellis' suit for example....22 years, and we could never quite see it before.

He DESERVED to be shot for that alone lol

Rogue Jedi
**** blu ray.

Sadako of Girth
Its awesome. Love it.

Rogue Jedi
I've used it, it''s not so much more impressive that it demands a change over.

Sadako of Girth
It all in the small detail on screen and the more impressive, dynamic and equally detailed soundtrack for me....
You really notice the difference on big screen.

I do admit though, that Im unlikely to replace my whole DVD collection...
Just classic shit and stuff that has lots of visual punch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.