Red Riding Hood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
awZMW9kIoZg

Another "wolf" movie from the director of one of the Twifags movies.

Am I alone when I say that this film looks very unnecessary?

The Nuul
This movie and its makers should commit suicide.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Nuul

I second that as well.

MildPossession
I don't care who it's from. It's directed by the woman who made the first Twilight only, and Lords of Dogtown(this was rather good). And one of the producers is Guillermo Del Toro(going by one crew list), a rather decent cast and written by the guy who did the script for the horror film Orphan.

The Nuul
Guillermo Del Toro is good but hes just a money man. Twilight people should die from a slow pain death

BruceSkywalker
just looked up the cast..

amanda seyfried might save it

Mr. Rhythmic
Interesting idea that they completely killed. Shame, really.

Rogue Jedi
Wait....Werewolf?

ADarksideJedi
lol I thought it was another twlight movie when I first saw the previews.I don't think it looks that good.

TxG
This looks good I will definetly be seeing this. It stars Gary Oldman as the werewolf hunter, and Amanda Seyfried as Valerie (Red)

It comes out in March.

ekKMYAOmTj0

Edna Witch
Ooh I like it, it's dark!

Impediment
Merged.

TxG
Thanks for merging Impediment. I did type in the search thread, Before I made that thread but it didn't show up that a thread had been made previously.

But anyway yea it's a quite a dark version of the fairytale. Not sure of the rating yet, But it will for sure be either PG-13 or R.

Syren
I think it looks interesting. Gary Oldman is a fave of mine, so I'll see it yes

TxG
Gary oldman is a fine actor not long now till it's out I'm looking forward to seeing this.

The soundtrack is already out,This is the Fever Ray song for it

z3OUHPfWxVg

srankmissingnin
Ten bucks says Amanda Seyfried ends up being the werewolf and the movie is a thinly veiled allegory for the menstrual cycle.

Could be a decent movie. The trailers remind me more of Sleepy Hollow and The Brother's Grimm than the Twilight movies, and I enjoyed both of those moves.

TxG
Thats what I was thinking when I read the book and then other times I thought no. But Noone knows who the wolf is because the last chapter of the book is missing. Purposely, so not to ruin it for the fans when they go to see the movie or anyone to spoil it for them.

The last chapter will be made available online to read when the movie is released.

What I do know is that the wolf has a male and a female voice when it speaks to Valerie (Red) sort of intertwined and has close link with her, So it someone who she knows very well.

The wolf asks that she surrenders herself to he/she or everyone she loves will die.

Then there is not much to go on from there just speculation as to who the wolf is.

Robtard
Oldman is easily in my top-five favorite actors, likely top-three and I'd like to stick it to Amanda Seyfried in her crapper, but this looks like it's going to be shit.

mr.smiley
Saw the film tonight. I will say this for it,I felt it was better than most the reviews gave it credit for. The film keeps you guessing and alot of drama unfolds during the movie which all ends up fitting together in a suprising way,though it all comes out just a little too rushed.A lot of drama in little time. it certainly tries to appeal to the twilight crowd and at this I think it will fail,though it's not without a little charm.
The acting was hit and miss. Some parts work well others are walking a thin line on being completely horrendous.

I felt Gary Oldmans part was underwhelming. Dissapointed with him,though their's not much else in this film that comes across as better.
I thought the grandmother was possibly the best character in the film,followed by Red Riding hood (vallery)

The visuals are good,though the wolf is painfully cgi. At this point they don't even try to make the creatures look real anymore.. The acting is hit and miss. But the bottom line for me is the film does a comendable job of keeping you guessing and adding in a lot of twist. I had my suspecions about every character and me and my girlfriend had fun of accusing 3 different characters throughout the whole film.

Out of a 10 i'm going with a 5.8 out of 10. Their was parts I liked and the visual landscape was gorgeous. Don't take it too serious and you might have a fun time.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by The Nuul

girlskissgirls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.