Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Prequel to the other Spartacus series

Teaser 1

KB_H3HyosCA

Teaser 2

XVuGTLGEyyI

Robtard
I'll give it a shot, but it feels like a cheap redo of the what we've seen already.

BruceSkywalker
interesting.. but i will watch and see if its any good

Kazenji
Trailer

Ou2TvLK9jzg

Kazenji
http://www.afterelton.com/TV/2010/12/first-look-gay-gladiator-auctus-spartacus-gods-of-the-arena?page=0%2C0

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.afterelton.com/TV/2010/12/first-look-gay-gladiator-auctus-spartacus-gods-of-the-arena?page=0%2C0

So he is the Top or the Bottom? Cos the man-boy lover Barca had in 'Blood and Sand' was definitely the Bottom, as we saw.

iceman24567
Looks good but the original better continue sometime before i die

Kazenji
Has whitfield even got over his cancer yet?.

iceman24567
Not the second bout of it i doubt he will be in season two

BruceSkywalker
through great difficulty i was able to watch this last night..

it had the right amount of nudity and violence.. hopefully the other 5 shows will as well

Robtard
I liked it more than the first 5-6 episodes of Blood & Sand, has promise.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
I liked it more than the first 5-6 episodes of Blood & Sand, has promise.

yeah it does.. rob how would you rate dustin clare's character to andy whitfield?

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yeah it does.. rob how would you rate dustin clare's character to andy whitfield?

He's more likable right away, brave, brash and foolish, though we're more limited with him as he's less the focal point of the story as Spartacus was.

The 2nd episode was better than the first, so this has more overall promise than Spartacus:Blood and Sand. Though we know it's only 6 eps long.

I have a feeling how it'll play out, Gannicus is in love with Doctore's wife and we know Crixus become champions, stands to reason Crixus kills Gannicuss, becomes champion and why he and Doctire were close in the first series. The wifes dies in there somewhere, haven't figured how out though.

srankmissingnin
I like it better than Blood and Sand as well. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that unlike the story of Spartacus this one is original and hasn't been told a hundred times so I'm not waiting to get led to a destination I've already been before. Gannicus is much more charismatic and likable than Spartacus, and Crixus isn't a douchebag yet, which also goes along way.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
He's more likable right away, brave, brash and foolish, though we're more limited with him as he's less the focal point of the story as Spartacus was.

The 2nd episode was better than the first, so this has more overall promise than Spartacus:Blood and Sand. Though we know it's only 6 eps long.

I have a feeling how it'll play out, Gannicus is in love with Doctore's wife and we know Crixus become champions, stands to reason Crixus kills Gannicuss, becomes champion and why he and Doctire were close in the first series. The wifes dies in there somewhere, haven't figured how out though.

I think you just might be right as too how it plays out

Dr Mystery
I am glad John Hannah has returned for this, I am definitely warming to his character more, the second season of Blood and Sand will be less without his great dialogue. I think perhaps Gannicus will kill Doktore's wife on the eve of the impending fight with Crixus leaving Doktore unable to exact any revenge which could also explain the friendship between Crixus and Doktore we see in Blood and Sand.

mixednuts
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
I am glad John Hannah has returned for this, I am definitely warming to his character more, the second season of Blood and Sand will be less without his great dialogue. I think perhaps Gannicus will kill Doktore's wife on the eve of the impending fight with Crixus leaving Doktore unable to exact any revenge which could also explain the friendship between Crixus and Doktore we see in Blood and Sand.

Actually I have the feeling that Doctore finds out that Gannicus shagged his wife, gets drunk and kills her in a rage. This would explain why he had forsaken alcohol in Blood and Sand. Then his revenge on Gannicus is denied him when Crixus kills him, endearing Crixus to Doctore.

~Bun Bun~
I'm addicted.

I'm not a critic with this. I just enjoy it.

I love the open sexuality. Also the way they talk, It's so bold and intense.

BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was pretty good.. lovely dream sequence to start to it.. john hannah is such a perfect fit

Galan007
Originally posted by mixednuts
Actually I have the feeling that Doctore finds out that Gannicus shagged his wife, gets drunk and kills her in a rage. This would explain why he had forsaken alcohol in Blood and Sand. Then his revenge on Gannicus is denied him when Crixus kills him, endearing Crixus to Doctore. Strikes 1, 2 AND 3. stick out tongue

Allankles
We finally see how Doktore lost his wife, would've been out of character if he'd had anything to do with her death. And yeah John Hannah was a juggernaut in this series, he'll be missed in season 2.

Galan007
Originally posted by Allankles
We finally see how Doktore lost his wife I'm glad it ended up being a slow and painful death. The s-l-u-t got what she deserved.

Mindset
She was the hottest chick on there. sad

Galan007
I was partial to Gaia.... Until I found out she was bald. sick

BruceSkywalker
Manu Bennett talks...

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Spartacus-Finale-Bennett-1029790.aspx

Galan007
Wow, didn't see that one coming, Gannicus actually won his freedom.

IF there ends up being a second season, I would really like to see what role he'll play in it...

Galan007
Just thought of something...

During Blood and Sand, Crixus was known as "the undefeated Gaul"... Yet he very clearly lost the final battle in Gods of the Arena, as he was pushed outside the circle.

wtf?

Mindset
Well, he was never really defeated, he was just out of the match.

Galan007
A TKO is still a defeat.

Mindset
It wasn't even a tko.

It could maybe a DQ, which people don't really consider a loss many times.

Galan007
ah, yes. DQ is the abbreviation i was thinking of. thumb up

regardless, it should still be considered a loss, imo. the rules of the contest were clear: the combatants had to stay within the 'circle of fire' or else they were out of the match (much like sumo wrestling.) crixus was knocked outside of the circle during the match, therefore he lost.

he ain't undefeated. sly

Mindset
Your face isn't undefeated!

Galan007
bloigenisnotamused

vin

Allankles
big grin Either way, he didn't remain "undefeated" thanks to Shadow of Death. All in all Ganacus' victory was a better finale than if Crixus had won.

Galan007
absolutely.

Robtard
Technically it was a team/house match. So in a fashion, Crixus did win; a member of the house he fights for took it.

Galan007
his house may have won the battle, but crixus himself was pushed outside of the circle, therefore was DQ'd/unable to continue the match, therefore he lost.

i don't usually argue semantics, but in this case i think referring to him as "the undefeated gaul", as they did during the first half of blood and sand, was... technically wrong.

Dr Mystery
I don't really agree, if a pro wrestler gets eliminated in a battle royale he/she does not get a defeat on their record books.

Galan007
wrestling is fake, thus making its rules fake by proxy. uhuh

Dr Mystery
Originally posted by Galan007
wrestling is fake, thus making its rules fake by proxy. uhuh

True, I'm just saying that there is a precedent for this type of thing. Also, a lot of the battles were staged in those days due to the politics.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
wrestling is fake, thus making its rules fake by proxy. uhuh BvTNyKIGXiI

Kazenji
Theres a game on facebook of this where you train gladiators and fight them in the arena.

Dr Mystery
Originally posted by Kazenji
Theres a game on facebook of this where you train gladiators and fight them in the arena.

That's one of the reasons I joined Facebook, but trust me the game is poor, you'd have more fun rolling dice.

Kazenji
Well i'm already playing it and i don't mind it for what it is.

mikaeru
I really love this series, looking forward for the next season!

Kazenji
Andy Whitfield Passes Away

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81980

RE: Blaxican
Well. ...that sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.