Iceman vs storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
No lowballing, pis, or cis involved

Two supposed omega mutants duke it out

Konton
I'm writing this with the notion that no CIS IM = full potential IM.

CIS off Iceman can't lose because he can't be killed by conventional means. The full potential of his powers extend into rather exotic abilities and I can only assume from dialogue discussing his powers that he, ultimately, would have more control over his own molecular structure than Storm, rendering her ability to electrolyze/manipulate him directly useless.

That being said, Storm is imune to freezing temperatures and has been able to do things like rip apart Stardust and overpower the Trion in their own dimension. Should Bobby attempt the internal molecular control over the water in Storm's body, she could always strike herself with lightning to dispel his influence. She's healed herself in this way multiple times.

I'm largely conflicted here because we haven't really seen Bobby do anything he's supposed to be able to do.

GalacticStorm
Storm

the ninjak
Iceman

GalacticStorm
Storm can easily fly out of Bobbys range, furthermore the electrical energies that she can saturate her body with prevent Bobby freezing her.

Storm can remove or severely reduce the ambient moisture in the air rendering Bobby virtually powerless. Then she can shatter his ice form and scatter his fragments across the planet with jetstreams. Iceman is no match for Storm. Drop the Bobby hype erm

Galan007
Originally posted by rotiart
No lowballing How about........ shifty ................ snowballing?

c wut i did thur? haw-som

the ninjak
Storms gotta sleep sooner or later.

Galan007
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
furthermore the electrical energies that she can saturate her body with prevent Bobby freezing her. Heh...

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5092/bobby1n.th.jpg

herbhappy

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by the ninjak
Storms gotta sleep sooner or later.

If he cant manifest again virtually immediately then its a loss.

After scattering the shattered Bobby to the four corners of the Earth im pretty sure Storm could sleep a good few nights before worrying about Mr Drake again smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Galan007
Heh...

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5092/bobby1n.th.jpg

herbhappy

For that to have happened the composition of Strangers energy blast must have consisted quite significantly of water.

Bobby cant just think at a target and freeze it, he directs his abilities in waves. Storm can be out of his range, or as aforementioned she can severely limit his range and potency by removing ambient moisture from the air.

Or she can simply shatter him from the offset.

Galan you wouldnt happen to have scans of Bobby fighting a powerful opponent effectively whilst in bits would you? confused

Galan007
Note to self: Stranger's eye-blasts evidently pack the potency of a large-bore garden hose. thumb up wink

Anywho, it seems like I remember Bobby freezing a celestial ship, and everyone/thing in it, while in an incorporeal form... But that likely doesn't equate to him 'fighting a powerful opponent' in your eyes. /shrug

GalacticStorm
Note to self: Stranger's eye-blasts evidently pack the potency of a large-bore garden hose. thumb up wink

Anywho, it seems like I remember Bobby freezing a celestial ship, and everyone/thing in it, while in an incorporeal form... But that likely doesn't equate to him fighting a powerful opponent by your 'standards'. /shrug

Im sorry i seem to have touched a nerve Galan. This is but harmless and meaningless banter on a comic forum do try and keep that in mind. erm

Back on topic.

Could you please show me any subsequent display of such power or even a precedence for this? Otherwise this is pretty much akin to when Professor Xavier took out a Sentinel with a psi blast and the White Queen blowing up a warehouse with her telepathy confused

Im going bed now. I'll reply in the morning smile

guy222
sleep well good friend

taking bobby

Galan007
C'mon GS, don't be so insecure. You haven't bothered me for a long time, and certainly didn't bother me now... Kinda hurt that you didn't notice my strategic use of nonchalant smilies, though -- they would have told you that I could care less about this. wink <------- That was one.

But yeah, I just threw out the best instance I could recall pertaining to Bobby using his powers while incorporeal. No more, no less. Regardless, this isn't a thread I intended to have an extended debate in (I'm not really a 'fan' of either character, tbh.) It's just that Bobby freezing Stranger's blasts always struck me as hilarious, and you presented the perfect chance to post it again. thumb up <------- So was that.

Mindset
Bobby wins.

GS, what's stopping Bobby from flash freezing Storm?

Konton
She's immune to freezing temperatures and can "sterilize" herself with lightning.

Mindset
Being immune to freezing temps is not the same as being immune to absolute zero. Flash freeze would happen before she could summon lightning. Or he could absorb her moisture.

For that to have happened the composition of Strangers energy blast must have consisted quite significantly of water.

Bobby cant just think at a target and freeze it, he directs his abilities in waves. Storm can be out of his range, or as aforementioned she can severely limit his range and potency by removing ambient moisture from the air.

Or she can simply shatter him from the offset.

Galan you wouldnt happen to have scans of Bobby fighting a powerful opponent effectively whilst in bits would you? confused Iceman's powers aren't limited in scope to moisture or temperature. He did a lot of crap during x-men forever that went beyond that and clearly gave strange a molecular manipulation beat down (that lasted for about 2 seconds). The problem is he never displayed x-men forever levels again. Iceman remains an asstard that can't use his own potential, no matter how much it is hyped. Storm wins because of this.

GalacticStorm
C'mon GS, don't be so insecure. You haven't bothered me for a long time, and certainly didn't bother me now... Kinda hurt that you didn't notice my strategic use of nonchalant smilies, though -- they would have told you that I could care less about this. wink <------- That was one.

But yeah, I just threw out the best instance I could recall pertaining to Bobby using his powers while incorporeal. No more, no less. Regardless, this isn't a thread I intended to have an extended debate in (I'm not really a 'fan' of either character, tbh.) It's just that Bobby freezing Stranger's blasts always struck me as hilarious, and you presented the perfect chance to post it again. thumb up <------- So was that.

Apologies i'd just got in from a club, was drunk as hell and was being a dick for laughs and then i passed out. laughing out loud

Im bad but not usually that bad. Will you forgive me G maaan?

serenade

But yes Storm wins wink

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mindset
Bobby wins.

GS, what's stopping Bobby from flash freezing Storm?

Errr the fact that as per forum rules the characters start off 500 metres away from each other. Bobby has not and therefore as far as we know can not flash freeze someone over such a distance.

I hope that answers your question? confused

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by 753
Iceman's powers aren't limited in scope to moisture or temperature. He did a lot of crap during x-men forever that went beyond that and clearly gave strange a molecular manipulation beat down (that lasted for about 2 seconds). The problem is he never displayed x-men forever levels again. Iceman remains an asstard that can't use his own potential, no matter how much it is hyped. Storm wins because of this.

I'm well aware of Bobby's power display in the X-men Forever arc so you don't to tell me the scope and potential of his powers.

However the point remains as i illustrated to Galan, that outside of that arc both before and after he hasn't displayed anywhere near that level of power or skill, therefore theres nothing to show us that it was anything more than a one off(akin to Xavier and Frosts telekinesis) or something attributable to the circumstances of that story arc.

As you agreed in their current incarnations, Storm wins smile

Galan007
Apologies i'd just got in from a club, was drunk as hell and was being a dick for laughs and then i passed out. laughing out loud

Im bad but not usually that bad. Will you forgive me G maaan?

serenade cheers

chomperx9
Storm traps iceman in a tornado to where he cant breath

Konton
Iceman is just a consciousness inhabiting water. He doesn't need to breathe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.