Black Tarantula Vs Elektra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6362/171332-101751-black-tarantula_large.png

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29754/1382989-elektra_jaja316_large.jpg

BUSTER1
Does Elektra have her tp. If not then BT busts her up

Konton
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/63518/1190428-x.elektra_ed_benesa.jpg

SasuOna
Elektra wouldn't be able to do anything to him other than read his mind
The Hand resurrected him under their control and his healing factor allowed him to break their influence.
Shes a better martial artist but he'd kill her pretty convincingly

Dum Dum Dugan
Why could she do nothing to him? she could easily stabb the shit out of him, his healing far from impressive and pretty pointless in a fight. Honestly the way you overrate some characters and down play others is astounding.

SasuOna
I'm underrating her how? I said she was a better martial artist and thats the truth thats all she has over him. The only way Bullseye could beat Carlos was when he was in prison without his powers. You think Elektra stands a chance against him with his powers?

His healing factor isn't impressive huh? he survived a bomb blowing up a warehouse point blank and walked around while he was on fire like it was nothing.

Elektra stabbing him isn't going to put him down.

jinzin
Konton's right Elektra wins due to sheer sex appeal. E FTW! drool

King Castle
Elektra ftw

fire damage resistance and blunt trauma is not the same to piercing damage stab to the brain, spine etc etc

Mindset
Uh, if you can survive an explosion you can survive stabbings.

King Castle
cap, spidey, Dd, bats and Nightwing, DS all survived explosions none can survive a direct stabbing to the areas mention... maybe possibly cap eventually after regenerating some time later..

Mindset
Originally posted by King Castle
cap, spidey, Dd, bats and Nightwing, DS all survived explosions none can survive a direct stabbing to the areas mention... maybe possibly cap eventually after regenerating some time later.. I don't remember them being in the middle of an explosion walking out on fire and healing from it.

They never actually took the direct impact of an explosion, BT did.

King Castle
fine..Wolverine has and he is one of her top dangerous opponent... i dont see his healing factor being equal to logan's

Mindset
fine..Wolverine has and he is one of her top dangerous opponent... i dont see his healing factor being equal to logan's It doesn't have to be, but that doesn't take anything away from his own ability to heal from damage.

srankmissingnin
If you are durable enough that the shock front caused by the explosion doesn't rupture your organs and kill you (and in comics shock fronts barely doesn't exist and even streets can have explosions go off in their face without any collateral) than an explosion is next to useless. Being able to shrug off an explosion has little to no baring on how you would operate if your vital organs were pierced or your main arteries severed.

Elektra would carve up Carlos like a thanks giving turkey.

King Castle
but it doesnt speak for his regeneration speed nor its lvl or even fighting skill... which leaves all three unanswered...

what you got for tarantula what feats?

Mindset
Being in an explosion would include piercing damage, unless these are super special only blunt damage explosions.

What streets have taken the direct impact of an explosion and just walked away from it?

Mindset
but it doesnt speak for his regeneration speed nor its lvl or even fighting skill... which leaves all three unanswered...

what you got for tarantula what feats? Uh, ok?

I wasn't aware we were discussing his fighting ability, and it shows his level of healing allows him to walk away from an explosion and being on fire w/ only annoyance.

SasuOna
Black Tarantula is a great deal stronger and faster than Wolverine in any case so I don't see why people are bringing up her fights with Logan as if that makes a case for her winning this.

For the record tanking an explosion point blank is much more of a durability feat. An explosion has so much more blunt force trauma than any type of stab wound from a peak human can hope to produce.
Walking around while on fire is a durability feat.

His regen isn't as fast as Wolverine's but Elektra isn't going to kill him by stabbing him. So I'm going to ask again how is she going to put him down?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
Being in an explosion would include piercing damage, unless these are super special only blunt damage explosions.

What streets have taken the direct impact of an explosion and just walked away from it?

Like all of them? If you are within 10 feet of an grenade explosion, the shock front is likely going to kill or seriously wound you. You don't want to be anywhere near something bigger than that... and streets are with in proximity of explosions all the bloody time.

Those "special only blunt damage explosions," yeah... they are called standard explosive. Not every explosive is full of shrapnel.

King Castle
it shows nothing.... do we need to post human characters tanking the same lvl of damage as him?

if we go by his bio powerset he isnt that impressive compared to other metas

superhuman strength - can overpower spidey
superhuman durability - can take spidey hits/near bullet proof
longivity - long lived
eye blast that needs recharging after use
rapid healing - heals by touching

dont get me wrong he is strong and powerful but nothing really stands out when it comes to elektra and what she can do with her psi powers

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Like all of them? If you are within 10 feet of an grenade explosion, the shock front is likely going to kill or seriously wound you. You don't want to be anywhere near something bigger than that... and streets are with in proximity of explosions all the bloody time.

Those "special only blunt damage explosions," yeah... they are called standard explosive. Not every explosive is full of shrapnel. My question was when have streets been shown to take the direct impact of an explosion, I don't recall that happening. Usually, they are magically able to avoid serious damage, since it's fiction.

A standard explosion sends out shrapnel, I don't know what you're talking about. What explosion would not send shrapnel flying? Anyway, the explosion BT was in would definitely send shrapnel flying, so it doesn't really matter.

King Castle
comic explosions seem not to produce shrapnel on average and has a small radius of a foot.. talkin bout frags..

anyways how did bullseye manage to stab BT in the heart?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3133/107037-78349-nightwing.jpg

Mindset
comic explosions seem not to produce shrapnel on average and has a small radius of a foot.. talkin bout frags..

anyways how did bullseye manage to stab BT in the heart?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3133/107037-78349-nightwing.jpg You mean when he was depowered in jail?

Is that the cover of a comic or an actual panel, anyway, we know Dick doesn't have a healing factor, so suspension of disbelief. We know BT has a healing factor, and we know he took the impact of the explosion. I'm not saying he will beat Elektra, but he can heal from piercing damage per that comic. Whether that is his average showing, I'm not entirely sure.

srankmissingnin
My question was when have streets been shown to take the direct impact of an explosion, I don't recall that happening. Usually, they are magically able to avoid serious damage, since it's fiction.

That's my point. Streets are depicted operating well with in the killzone from explosions all the time, with little effect. If someone throws a grenade at your feet, and you jump away from it, unless you get behind cover it is still probably going to kill you.

Being durable enough to tank a shock front doesn't have any baring on taking a stabbing to a vital area... unless you think he is too durable to be cut in the first place, which he isn't.

A standard explosion sends out shrapnel, I don't know what you're talking about. What explosion would not send shrapnel flying? Anyway, the explosion BT was in would definitely send shrapnel flying, so it doesn't really matter.

Not every explosion is a fragmentation explosion, plenty of them are concussive. I don't recall this issue in question off the top of my head, so I can't say for sure there wasn't fragmentation involved... but I can say that an explosion in and off itself doesn't necessitate the existence of shrapnel. It depends what was used to make the explosion, what the device was placed in or what the item that exploded was, what was around the explosion and how powerful the explosion itself was, ect ect ect.

Dum Dum Dugan
find it funny everyone ignores sasu gibberish.

Mindset
That's my point. Streets are depicted operating well with in the killzone from explosions all the time, with little effect. If someone throws a grenade at your feet, and you jump away from it, unless you get behind cover it is still probably going to kill you.

Being durable enough to tank a shock front doesn't have any baring on taking a stabbing to a vital area... unless you think he is too durable to be cut in the first place, which he isn't.

Not every explosion is a fragmentation explosion, plenty of them are concussive. I don't recall this issue in question off the top of my head, so I can't say for sure there wasn't fragmentation involved... but I can say that an explosion in and off itself doesn't necessitate the existence of shrapnel. It depends what was used to make the explosion, what the device was placed in or what the item that exploded was, what was around the explosion and how powerful the explosion itself was, ect ect ect. But those streets don't have healing factors to explain why it would cause little effect, BT does, that makes the difference.

A fragmentation explosion puts more emphasis on shooting out fragments/shrapnel, that doesn't mean a concussive explosion doesn't send out shrapnel, it does. What explosion doesn't send out shrapnel as a by product of its concussive force? Anyway, iirc in this case the device was placed inside a metal container, in a wooden box, inside a factory full of other objects that would send out shrapnel.

Dum Dum Dugan
it a comic mindset, they ignore real life logic all the time, trying to pretend tanking an explosion = tanking piercing damage is wrong unless it shown to have piercing damage expelled by the explosion. By your logic ever single street has tanked piecing damage.

King Castle
that has bn everyone's argument point out his flawed logic..

the question isnt his powerset its what does it matter when its two different types of attacks

Mindset
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
it a comic mindset, they ignore real life logic all the time, trying to pretend tanking an explosion = tanking piercing damage is wrong unless it shown to have piercing damage expelled by the explosion. By your logic ever single street has tanked piecing damage. Not really, because we know those street levelers don't have healing factors that would allow them to do this, BT has a healing factor.

Dum Dum Dugan
Not really, because we know those street levelers don't have healing factors that would allow them to do this, BT has a healing factor.
now your picking an choosing what you like to acknowledge and what you dont?

Becuase they don't have a healing factor that means there explosions magically don't have shrepmetal coming out but BT does becuase he has a healing factor.......really this is your arguement........you have got to be kidding me.......

Mindset
now your picking an choosing what you like to acknowledge and what you dont?

Becuase they don't have a healing factor that means there explosions magically don't have shrepmetal coming out but BT does becuase he has a healing factor.......really this is your arguement........you have got to be kidding me....... In one situation you suspend disbelief because you know there isn't any logical explanation on how they survived, in the other that's not required because you have a logical explanation on how he survived.

I don't see the problem.

Dum Dum Dugan
In one situation you suspend disbelief because you know there isn't any logical explanation on how they survived, in the other that's not required because you have a logical explanation on how he survived.

I don't see the problem.

Because your picking and choosing when you apply real world logic to a fantasy world.

If shrepmetal was not shown being expelled out it wasent. You either acknolwedge that all street level can tank shrepmetal or BT never was hit with shrepmetal. You can't pick and chooses what you like and dont like and apply real world logic to only some characters and not others. '

it simply shitty debating.

Mindset
Because your picking and choosing when you apply real world logic to a fantasy world.

If shrepmetal was not shown being expelled out it wasent. You either acknolwedge that all street level can tank shrepmetal or BT never was hit with shrepmetal. You can't pick and chooses what you like and dont like and apply real world logic to only some characters and not others. '

it simply shitty debating. No, it's logical debating.

If it's logical that someone can survive shrapnel in an explosion, then there's no reason to assume there wasn't shrapnel in the explosion.

Dum Dum Dugan
No, it's logical debating.

If it's logical that someone can survive shrapnel in an explosion, then there's no reason to assume there wasn't shrapnel in the explosion.

no it not, not when it comic world were most writers have zero idea how explosions work.

So all the street levelers explosions don't have shrepmetal in them, but BT does magically despite the fact no such shrepmetal was shown.

your simply picking and choosing when and who you apply real world logic to, which is wrong and bad debating, but lets ask a mod what the ruling is.

srankmissingnin
I don't remember the issue in question, but Carlos is bullet proof. That might be enough to resist any shrapnel - if there was any - from the explosion, but still not enough to repel stabbings.

srankmissingnin
What explosion doesn't send out shrapnel as a by product of its concussive force?

Ones designed to by being backed in tarred cardboard or made powerful enough to incinerate or otherwise completely destroy their containment device.

Mindset
no it not, not when it comic world were most writers have zero idea how explosions work.

So all the street levelers explosions don't have shrepmetal in them, but BT does magically despite the fact no such shrepmetal was shown.

your simply picking and choosing when and who you apply real world logic to, which is wrong and bad debating, but lets ask a mod what the ruling is. What are you not understanding about my posts?

If a building falls on Daredevil and he walks out unharmed we take it with a grain of salt because we know there's no logical explanation for this, but it the same thing happens to Superman we attribute it to his durability, we don't just automatically assume falling buildings in the fictional world operate completely different from the real world.
I don't remember the issue in question, but Carlos is bullet proof. That might be enough to resist any shrapnel - if there was any - from the explosion, but still not enough to repel stabbings. Hmm, that's possible, but that'd still mean he would have resistance to stabbing damage up to a certain amount of force and depending on it's density. And he still has some level of accelerated healing.
Ones designed to by being backed in tarred cardboard or made powerful enough to incinerate or otherwise completely destroy their containment device. Like explosives used to take at tank tracks or incendiary explosives? I'm pretty sure they both expel shrapnel, just at slower speeds and it minimizes the amount.

SasuOna
I don't remember the issue in question, but Carlos is bullet proof. That might be enough to resist any shrapnel - if there was any - from the explosion, but still not enough to repel stabbings.

Hes not completely bullet proof imo he can get shot up and in Blood of the Tarantula hes shown getting shot and the bullets piercing his skin it didn't hurt him however. That was also during the time when he was drugged so his powers wouldn't be working at their highest capacity.

In any case BT is durable enough that I doubt Elektra would be able to hurt him. Getting stabbed by her would be no more painful than him getting shot and hes actually strong enough to completely overpower her physically.

Lately they have been making him look like a scrub but in the Daredevil annual they actually wrote him in a way that was almost consistent with his classic power set.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.