Magneto/Nova Prime/Wonderman vs Superman/Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

the ninjak
Magneto halts the metal on Supe's body long enough for Nova Prime to Gravitate Supes into the ground and hold him there.

Wonderman and Mags then focus on Thor while Mags protects the team from God Blasts.

Stoic
Scenario 1: 75% Probability.
Superman breaks Wonder Mans face at laser writer speed, flies after Nova and stalemates with him until Thor beats Magneto. Then they both double team Nova Prime for the win.

Scenario 2: 25% Probability.
Magneto halts the metal in Superman's body long enough for Nova Prime to Gravitate Superman into the ground and hold him there.
Wonder Man and Magneto then focus on Thor, while Magneto protects the team from God Blasts.

the ninjak
Scenario 1. Isn't Wonderman energy? Can't break that face. plus Mags would protect the team with fields and Nova would amp that.

And remember Nova can deputise people like he did with Quasar.

Stoic
Originally posted by the ninjak
Scenario 1. Isn't Wonderman energy? Can't break that face. plus Mags would protect the team with fields and Nova would amp that.

And remember Nova can deputise people like he did with Quasar.

Doesn't all of that take time? Are they going to stand there while Nova imparts his team mates with a portion of the Nova Force? Simon can still be hit, and KO'd just wait for it... you know it's coming. big grin

the ninjak
Fair enough on the deputisation. But Nova and Mags have shields.

Stoic
I'm not too sure that Magneto would be able to tank very many of Thor's hits even with shields, and Superman is the most maneuverable on the field in terms of tight formations, so he could take the fight to whomever he chose to. Heat ray vision mixed with freeze breath and at the very least 10 very punches in less than 5 seconds should put Simon on ice. Nova could hold Superman for a bit like I said, and Thor... well I see him winning against Magneto more times than not.

Some will see Simon as a factor, but I see him as the weak spot in the phalanx of team one.

dmills
Oh boy.

iceman24567
Team 2 7/10

Gecko4lif
Team 2 10/10

Very mismatched here

dmills
Originally posted by Stoic
Doesn't all of that take time? Are they going to stand there while Nova imparts his team mates with a portion of the Nova Force? Simon can still be hit, and KO'd just wait for it... you know it's coming. big grin Well it only took a second for him to deputize Quasar. He could deputize Simon just as quickly. Not to mention the WM would be feeding the team tactical info every step of the way.

iceman24567
Nova deputizing mid battle on forums?? Not buying it

Rage.Of.Olympus
If it's a full powered Magnus, Nova Prime and a semi competent Wonder Man Team 1 takes it. I'd argue Magnus takes the win over Superman while Nova and Wonder Man should be able to take down or at least hold off an average Thor.

dmills
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nova deputizing mid battle on forums?? Not buying it No reason not to other then stubbornness. Although admittedly it does seem like a cheap tactic. Kinda like the Chun Li foot sweep in Streetfighter 2 laughing (90's reference)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor can also lend his power. Just saying.

Not sure how it would work with someone who's as powerful as Clark at base though. If the stats stalk though (Mjolnir get's tricky here) Clark would rip through Team 1 with ease.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor can also lend his power. Just saying.

Not sure how it would work with someone who's as powerful as Clark at base though. If the stats stalk though (Mjolnir get's tricky here) Clark would rip through Team 1 with ease.

Seriously though, could you imagine a Super-Thor? Superman is a mortal and therefore, if they did stack I'd imagine that Superman could become exponentially more powerful. Could you imagine Superman multiplied to the power of 25?

Digi
People always forget Thor's exotic showings. Forum-battle-wise, he could probably absorb WM, spray him back out at the other two, use that to rip through Mags' shield and OHK him, then work on Nova while WM reassembles.

He would probably need Superman to win, but with the both of them they do it easily.

carver9
If it's a full powered Magnus, Nova Prime and a semi competent Wonder Man Team 1 takes it. I'd argue Magnus takes the win over Superman while Nova and Wonder Man should be able to take down or at least hold off an average Thor.

This.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
This.

You have to see all of the angles Carver. Rememebr how fast Superman is and how much power he can hit an opponent with. He would react far faster than anyone on the field, and be on Wonder Man in less time than it would take for him to blink. Thor knows what Magneto can do and he would likely move in to stop him from from engaging Superman. Once Simon is out of the fight, which I estimate would take less than 10 seconds of being bombarded with heat rays heavy speed punches and freeze breath, it will be a 2 on 2. Thor takes Magneto out, and Superman, and Thor double up on Nova.

dmills
Originally posted by Digi
People always forget Thor's exotic showings. Forum-battle-wise, he could probably absorb WM, spray him back out at the other two, use that to rip through Mags' shield and OHK him, then work on Nova while WM reassembles.

He would probably need Superman to win, but with the both of them they do it easily. Since we're going exotic, Nova absorbs the WM energy that Thor tosses at him, amplifies it, then fires him back at Thor and Supes for the KO.

dmills
You have to see all of the angles Carver. Rememebr how fast Superman is and how much power he can hit an opponent with. He would react far faster than anyone on the field, and be on Wonder Man in less time than it would take for him to blink. Thor knows what Magneto can do and he would likely move in to stop him from from engaging Superman. Once Simon is out of the fight, which I estimate would take less than 10 seconds of being bombarded with heat rays heavy speed punches and freeze breath, it will be a 2 on 2. Thor takes Magneto out, and Superman, and Thor double up on Nova. Ah but Nova knows what Thor can do and would put up barriers to slow him down while Mags and Simon double up on Supes. Better still, Nova stargates Supes outta there and then they all go to town on Thor stick out tongue

Stoic
Originally posted by dmills
Ah but Nova knows what Thor can do and would put up barriers to slow him down while Mags and Simon double up on Supes. Better still, Nova stargates Supes outta there and then they all go to town on Thor stick out tongue

You know that Thor can warp Magneto and Wonder Man out of there as well right?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Since we're going exotic, Nova absorbs the WM energy that Thor tosses at him, amplifies it, then fires him back at Thor and Supes for the KO.

Thor then absorbs the tossed back energy with Mjolnir, amplifies it a hundred fold and then tosses it right back at Nova. Getting into an energy absorption contest with Mjolnir is lulz worthy.

Not that Thor would need do. That energy wouldn't be enough to knock out Thor and Superman.

dmills
Thor then absorbs the tossed back energy with Mjolnir, amplifies it a hundred fold and then tosses it right back at Nova. Getting into an energy absorption contest with Mjolnir is lulz worthy.

Not that Thor would need do. That energy wouldn't be enough to knock out Thor and Superman. Then Nova re-absorbs the energy and tosses it back at Thor. They can just play ping pong with Simon lol! To add more hilarity to this, Nova then deputizes Thor, laughs hard at how silly Thor would look with a bucket head, and faints from the lulz.

dmills
You know that Thor can warp Magneto and Wonder Man out of there as well right? Let's keep it real. Which one do you honestly see using the bfr option in that situation? Thor would want to phuck people up, not bfr them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has used battle field removal more than once. You used Nova deputizing his teammates as a tactic yet Thor using battle field removal is some how unlikely in your mind? Lulz.

Then Nova re-absorbs the energy and tosses it back at Thor. They can just play ping pong with Simon lol! To add more hilarity to this, Nova then deputizes Thor, laughs hard at how silly Thor would look with a bucket head, and faints from the lulz.

What's the most energy Nova has ever absorbed? Because as far as I know, he'll get overloaded or exhausted.

That's pretty smart, downgrading Thor like that.

carver9
I can see mags either beating or stalemating anyone on team 2. It would be up to nova and wonderman to drop whoever they are fighting. Magneto is the wild card in this battle and he has shown that he could drop thor and a weaker version of magneto has dropped supes twice on-panel.

Omega Vision
Team 2
I can see mags either beating or stalemating anyone on team 2. It would be up to nova and wonderman to drop whoever they are fighting. Magneto is the wild card in this battle and he has shown that he could drop thor and a weaker version of magneto has dropped supes twice on-panel.
Magneto isn't beating or stalemating either of them.

dmills
Thor has used battle field removal more than once. You used Nova deputizing his teammates as a tactic yet Thor using battle field removal is some how unlikely in your mind? Lulz.

What's the most energy Nova has ever absorbed? Because as far as I know, he'll get overloaded or exhausted.

That's pretty smart, downgrading Thor like that. I didn't suggest the deputizing tactic, I responded to iceman who had questioned it's use in a forum battle. In fact I said it would be a cheap tactic, but definately viable.

Just my opinion. I don't see him bfring anyone in this field. Not because he can't, but he won't cause that's not how he gets down. At least from what I know of him. You would know better then me I guess. Whatever.

The most I've seen him absorb was enough energy from the sun that when he released it it looked like a second star was in the solar system. Not that it matters because he hasn't used that power since the early 90's. I only brought it up because digi went exotic.

If you think Thor with the Nova Force would be a downgrade then you must be smoking some of that good shyte. Pass me some.

dmills
I can see mags either beating or stalemating anyone on team 2. It would be up to nova and wonderman to drop whoever they are fighting. Magneto is the wild card in this battle and he has shown that he could drop thor and a weaker version of magneto has dropped supes twice on-panel. I know I shouldn't even ask you this but here it goes. When has Magnus dropped Supes on panel?

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Team 2

Magneto isn't beating or stalemating either of them.

And omega, this is your opinion. You have a bad habit of ignoring on panel proof anyway. As I stated before, mags can either pull wins from anyone that he fights or stalemate them and ON PANEL PROOF BACKS THIS STATEMENT UP.

No matter if you like it or not omega.

Omega Vision
And omega, this is your opinion. You have a bad habit of ignoring on panel proof anyway. As I stated before, mags can either pull wins from anyone that he fights or stalemate them and ON PANEL PROOF BACKS THIS STATEMENT UP.

No matter if you like it or not omega.
Then provide this on panel proof.

carver9
I know I shouldn't even ask you this but here it goes. When has Magnus dropped Supes on panel?

Not magnus but doctor poloris. The first time it happened he busted supes upside the head with a submarine... the second time it happened, he blinded supes and took his invulnerability away from him with a blast. The way he was able to accomplish this was due to supes being powered by solar energy.

Omega Vision
Not magnus but doctor poloris. The first time it happened he busted supes upside the head with a submarine... the second time it happened, he blinded supes and took his invulnerability away from him with a blast. The way he was able to accomplish this was due to supes being powered by solar energy.
Because all of Polaris's feats are transferable to Magneto. erm

carver9
Then provide this on panel proof.

Doctor poloris defeated supes twice and supes even admitted that poloris could mess with his blood. Then the second time, supes was helpless against poloris. Thor threw his hammer at magneto and magneto turned it around back at thor and koed him.

Omega Vision
Doctor poloris defeated supes twice and supes even admitted that poloris could mess with his blood. Then the second time, supes was helpless against poloris. Thor threw his hammer at magneto and magneto turned it around back at thor and koed him.
And you don't see the fallacy in applying another character's feats to Magneto?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I didn't suggest the deputizing tactic, I responded to iceman who had questioned it's use in a forum battle. In fact I said it would be a cheap tactic, but definately viable.

]Just my opinion. I don't see him bfring anyone in this field. Not because he can't, but he won't cause that's not how he gets down. At least from what I know of him. You would know better then me I guess. Whatever.

Iight.

Thor battle field removing opponents is also a possibility. There isn't what I'd call a high possibility of it happening but it's an option. It's a viable option so to say.

The most I've seen him absorb was enough energy from the sun that when he released it it looked like a second star was in the solar system. Not that it matters because he hasn't used that power since the early 90's. I only brought it up because digi went exotic.

Yea, so him getting into this contest with Mjolnir isn't a good idea.

If you think Thor with the Nova Force would be a downgrade then you must be smoking some of that good shyte. Pass me some.

Imbuing Thor with such an inferior energy would only weaken him. Might as well give him the power of Superman.

carver9
Because all of Polaris's feats are transferable to Magneto. erm

If anyone needs trnasferable feats it should be poloris... everything poloris has done, mags has done it a thousand folds plus interest. Magneto and poloris share the same type of power... this shouldn't even be debated except magneto is far more versatile.

dmills
Not magnus but doctor poloris. The first time it happened he busted supes upside the head with a submarine... the second time it happened, he blinded supes and took his invulnerability away from him with a blast. The way he was able to accomplish this was due to supes being powered by solar energy. Not bad actually. Similar power sets. What's the context though?

carver9
And you don't see the fallacy in applying another character's feats to Magneto?

I sure don't since magneto has done everything that poloris has done on a far more powerful and greater degree along with having a greater set of powers than poloris.

Omega Vision
If anyone needs trnasferable feats it should be poloris... everything poloris has done, mags has done it a thousand folds plus interest. Magneto and poloris share the same type of power... this shouldn't even be debated except magneto is far more versatile.
Magneto has defeated a thousand JLAs with interest?

Really do go on.

carver9
Not bad actually. Similar power sets. What's the context though?

I have posted the scans at least 8 times and I don't feel like looking for them but poloris was having split personality issues and was fighting a female version of himself... supes arrives and that's when all of this happens.

dmills
Iight.

Thor battle field removing opponents is also a possibility. There isn't what I'd call a high possibility of it happening but it's an option. It's a viable option so to say.

Yea, so him getting into this contest with Mjolnir isn't a good idea.

Imbuing Thor with such an inferior energy would only weaken him. Might as well give him the power of Superman.

Cool beans.

I guess.

Lulz.

carver9
Magneto has defeated a thousand JLAs with interest?

Really do go on.

No but mags has soloed the avengers and didn't need a power boost to do this. Magneto is a team buster and he has proven this on so many of occassions.

dmills
No but mags has soloed the avengers and didn't need a power boost to do this. Magneto is a team buster and he has proven this on so many of occassions. No doubt.

When did the Polaris/Supes fight take place? How many times have they fought?

Omega Vision
No but mags has soloed the avengers and didn't need a power boost to do this. Magneto is a team buster and he has proven this on so many of occassions.
What roster? Few Avengers rosters would equal or surpass the JLA roster Polaris took on.

Same goes for the X-Men.

Gecko4lif

On a list of established comic teams the avengers arent even top 10

dmills
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
On a list of established comic teams the avengers arent even top 10 uh oh.

Gecko4lif
uh oh.

Shall I go into detail?

Omega Vision
I could possibly see an argument made for the Avengers not being in the top 5 (it really depends on which era/version) but they're definitely in the top 10.

carver9
What roster? Few Avengers rosters would equal or surpass the JLA roster Polaris took on.

Same goes for the X-Men.

You all might down play the avengers but writers think of the avengers as being as equal as possible to the jla, that's why they made a comic staring the two in a fight. The avegers in marvel AND dc eyes is just as powerful as the jla. Mags took the down easily, in a couple of panels without breaking a sweat and I feel safe to say that if mags was in dc, he would have soloed the jla as well just like doctor poloris has done along with numerous of other beings.

Going by feats magneto<<poloris so stop ignoring this. Magneto would trample poloris if it came down to a fight between the two.

Again, in dc and marvel eyes, the xmen is a powerful team. Didn't dc and marvel get together to make a story of the two teams fighting and some of the weakest group of the team stalemated the jla and was actually beating some of the core members?

dmills
Shall I go into detail? Knock yourself out.

dmills
You all might down play the avengers but writers think of the avengers as being as equal as possible to the jla, that's why they made a comic staring the two in a fight. The avegers in marvel AND dc eyes is just as powerful as the jla. Mags took the down easily, in a couple of panels without breaking a sweat and I feel safe to say that if mags was in dc, he would have soloed the jla as well just like doctor poloris has done along with numerous of other beings.

Going by feats magneto<<poloris so stop ignoring this. Magneto would trample poloris if it came down to a fight between the two.

Again, in dc and marvel eyes, the xmen is a powerful team. Didn't dc and marvel get together to make a story of the two teams fighting and some of the weakest group of the team stalemated the jla and was actually beating some of the core members? In terms of prestige you are correct. But I think what they're saying is that for the purpose of forum battles JLA > Avengers. How many herald level characters comprise JLA teams? How many on the Avengers?

Omega Vision

Again, in dc and marvel eyes, the xmen is a powerful team. Didn't dc and marvel get together to make a story of the two teams fighting and some of the weakest group of the team stalemated the jla and was actually beating some of the core members?
Nope.

I do recall a X-Men/JLA crossover though where Batman almost soloed an X-Team.

dmills
Nope.

I do recall a X-Men/JLA crossover though where Batman almost soloed an X-Team. Seriously? Damn.

Gecko4lif
No particular order

God Squad
JLA
Infinity Watch
The authority
Injustice league
Justice society
All star squadron
Green lanterns
The Defenders
Thor corps

etc

carver9
In terms of prestige you are correct. But I think what they're saying is that for the purpose of forum battles JLA > Avengers. How many herald level characters comprise JLA teams? How many on the Avengers?

I agree with that but what I am saying is that in writers eyes, magneto taking on the avengers and the Xmen is just as good as taking on the JLA.

I agree with Gecko... the JLA is more powerful than both groups "on the forum" but that still does not change the fact that Mags has done something that Superman or Thor would NEVER be able to do... solo a high tier team that consist of some of the most powerful beings on the planet. THEN we have a mags that was unable to control his power soling the Avengers yet again that consisted of the Sentry.

I would never argue that The Xmen or the Avengers are equal to the JLA but that still do not change the writers perception of the character.

Place Mags in Doctor Poloris shoes; he would have done far better against the JLA since he is more powerful and has better feats with his powers.

carver9
Nope.

I do recall a X-Men/JLA crossover though where Batman almost soloed an X-Team.

I recall that as well but they were not trying to hurt him, they were trying to capture him but he was too agile to catch. Jean Grey read his mind and knew that he was lost in time and that he didnt belong there.

carver9
No particular order

God Squad
JLA
Infinity Watch
The authority
Injustice league
Justice society
All star squadron
Green lanterns
The Defenders
Thor corps

etc

I agree with this now if it was in a comic books and we asked DC and Marvel to place the Avengers or The Xmen in the 1-10 slot, where would they be "IN WRITERS EYES"?

Gecko4lif
I agree with this now if it was in a comic books and we asked DC and Marvel to place the Avengers or The Xmen in the 1-10 slot, where would they be "IN WRITERS EYES"?

Probably top 3 embarrasment

Writers get a nice chubby when thinking about a classic name like the avengers

carver9
Probably top 3 embarrasment

Writers get a nice chubby when thinking about a classic name like the avengers

Thats my point. I agree with everything that you said, I think that the JLA is so far above the Xmen that it is ridiculous and I also think that they are above the avengers as well but writers, naah, they do not agree with this.

Hell, before the avengers and JLA fight took place, they stated that Ironman and Supes are equals and that no one would be able to stand up to the both of them together in a physical confrontation (why did they choose Ironman when they have so many other members that are more powerful than him).

I'm not arguing against anything that you are saying but what I am saying is that if you think that Magneto stomping the xmen isnt a feat in writers eyes, you might need to rethink that.

dmills
The Mighty Avengers are up there (even though Blue Marvel solo'd them)

Then of course these guys might have someting to say about this...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1300457-cosmic_avengers_super.jpg

dmills

Gecko4lif
even though Blue Marvel solo'd them

wait... what?

When did that happen?

dmills
wait... what?

When did that happen? I know you read the Blue Marvel mini right? He took on Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Sentry, Wonder Man and Ares and tapped their collective asses.

dmills

That's pretty smart, downgrading Thor like that.

Gecko4lif
I know you read the Blue Marvel mini right? He took on Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Sentry, Wonder Man and Ares and tapped their collective asses.

Oh I thought you meant he soloed the GMH set up

dmills
Oh I thought you meant he soloed the GMH set up Oh hell naw lol!

Gecko4lif
Oh hell naw lol!
Yeah I was like... no ****ing way....

MrMind
I'm not seeing why can't superman beat the crap out of magneto and wonderman at the same time, and then team up with thor stomp on nova prime

carver9
The Mighty Avengers are up there (even though Blue Marvel solo'd them)

Then of course these guys might have someting to say about this...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1300457-cosmic_avengers_super.jpg

Damn that's a powerful ass team... look who they have in the middle.

stick out tongue

Prep-Man

Has Magneto ever ripped holes in reality?

carver9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Has Magneto ever ripped holes in reality?

Has doctor poloris ever created black holes?

Prep-Man
He was doing things better, pc. Like being so powerful, he was destroying parts of reality/dimensions.

Stoic
No particular order

God Squad
JLA
Infinity Watch
The authority
Injustice league
Justice society
All star squadron
Green lanterns
The Defenders
Thor corps

etc

It would all depend on the roster of Avengers that you are saying were inferior to the teams that you have mentioned. At any given time Marvel could set up a team of existing Avengers, that would blow the teams that you mentioned out of the water.

carver9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
He was doing things better, pc. Like being so powerful, he was destroying parts of reality/dimensions. .

Scans and even then he still isn't magneto level if we use ALL of their showings.

Prep-Man
Why isn't he mag level? Polaris has done pretty much everything Mags has done. It's just that Mags is a little more fleshed out.

Warlord
team 2 6-7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.