Power Girl Vs Mon-El

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/64695/1519391-power_girl_18_07_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15776/1176619-monel_large.jpg

Stoic
Mon-El

MrMind
mon-el, powergirl is only half as strong as superman, as a daxamite mon-el is damn near superman

King Castle
how is powergirl half the strength of superman?

are you using the sex standard?

gotta point out that the earth 2 kryptonians were suppose to be stronger then the current U versions...

Supes had some crazy feats back then.. just saying.. her being frpm earth 2 should at the very least make her equal to a daxamite if not outright superior.

Konton
Not exactly sure where you get that "half as strong" figure.

Power Girl is stronger than Supergirl, who isn't really all that weaker than Kal. She's also been presented as near Wondy in strength, who herself is only a stone throw away from Supes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mon-El.

Cubey
Mon-El .

zopzop
Weren't there scans in the Mon-El respect thread where Superman was admitting that Mon-El was stronger/faster than he is?

If so, in what universe is Power Girl even a match for him? Mon-El 10/10.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by zopzop
Weren't there scans in the Mon-El respect thread where Superman was admitting that Mon-El was stronger/faster than he is?

I can't recall anything to that effect.

Prep-Man
CURRENT Mon-El isn't as formidable. He's spent so much time in the PZ that he's not as good with his powers as Powergirl.

Omega Vision
Yeah Mon-El is a noob.

PG 7-8/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
From what I saw in the recent Krypton arc, he handled himself pretty damn well with the major problem being that his powers short out. He didn't think things as far out as Superman but that's about all I recall after his initial return.

If so, in what universe is Power Girl even a match for him? Mon-El 10/10.

If that happened it was probably early Post Crisis where I'd say Daxamites were superior to Kryptonians.

SasuOna
I always go by the LOSH version since thats where he appears the most.
Mon El has over 1000 years of experience over Power Girl he takes this easily.

Uriel005
She digs for lead... It poisons him...

MrMind

10/10.
pre-crisis mon-el might be

MrMind
Originally posted by Konton
Not exactly sure where you get that "half as strong" figure.

Power Girl is stronger than Supergirl, who isn't really all that weaker than Kal. She's also been presented as near Wondy in strength, who herself is only a stone throw away from Supes.
I read it somewhere she's half as strong, anyway even if I can find the scan, I can't upload scan in this forum so I can't show you

Konton
Originally posted by MrMind
I read it somewhere she's half as strong, anyway even if I can find the scan, I can't upload scan in this forum so I can't show you

It seems we've reached an impas. Awkward.

tideoftime
For general purposes, PG is in the same relative class as SM, WW, and Mon-el; however, much like with her vs. SM, Mon-El is generally going to edge her -- not majorly, but to a degree.

Omega Vision
Even if Mon-El has a slight power advantage she has more experience and is better skilled.

Prep-Man
Supergirl recently took on Ultraman and held her own. She'd be around Mon-el level, too.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Even if Mon-El has a slight power advantage she has more experience and is better skilled.

Thing is, unlike with certain other characters (WW, or on a "mortal" level, Batman), Karen never demonstrates any particular combat prowess/finesse; that is, she certainly has combat experience, without a doubt, but she really is more of a "duke-it-out/punch'em-up"-fighter than even many examples of SM. WW, in contrast, edges a number of physically comparable beings by having considerable combat skill/finesse; PG primarily "will-power's" her way through many of her "comparable" battles, duking it out and simply refusing to go down. And that is certainly nothing to sneeze at. But that is only going to go so far with someone who's power matches and possibly exceeds her's (even if, arguably, only marginally).

To put it another way: if it boiled down to "who's the bigger bytch?", then PG will break out the whoop-ass on Mon-El, and that is where she gets her wins; however, on the flip side of the coin, Mon-El isn't going to go down "like a bytch", either, so....

Prep-Man
Current Mon isn't much of a fighter. Powergirl shows more skill now.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Current Mon isn't much of a fighter. Powergirl shows more skill now.

Yes...

*BUT*

She doesn't show any *marked* emphasis in skill that would make a definitive difference (hence, why I referred to WW as an example). Is she a nominally more skilled fighter than she was in previous decades? Sure. But not to any *major* degree. And while Mon-El isn't particularly skilled (again, speaking in relative terms/degrees), his (arguable) edge in physical power compensates for her (again, relative) edge in combat experience.

Again, not saying he wins by a stomp (as some have posted), but just that he likely takes a marginal majority... unless, of course, Karen really kicks into mega-bytch mode... but like I said: that's where her wins would likely come from.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by tideoftime
(again, relative) edge in combat experience.

Are you sure about that?

tideoftime
Are you sure about that?

Yeah, pretty much.

Karen hasn't demonstrated *such* a degree of relative combat skill to make *that* much of a difference. Now, if she had Diana's skills (or even Kory's), then that would make more of a difference. But otherwise, her relative experience is what helps mitigate his (again, re-stressing, *arguable*) edge in overall power.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by tideoftime
Yeah, pretty much.

Karen hasn't demonstrated *such* a degree of relative combat skill to make *that* much of a difference. Now, if she had Diana's skills (or even Kory's), then that would make more of a difference. But otherwise, her relative experience is what helps mitigate his (again, re-stressing, *arguable*) edge in overall power.
I misinterpreted your post, I thought you were saying that Mon-El had more experience.

I'm tired.

In any case there's little basis to support him having any noticeable advantage in power over her in the first place that I can see.

tideoftime
I misinterpreted your post, I thought you were saying that Mon-El had more experience.

I'm tired.

In any case there's little basis to support him having any noticeable advantage in power over her in the first place that I can see.

Well, again, we're getting to narrow margins here.

PG, SM, WW, Mon-EL, SG, MM, CM, and similar, are all in the same relative class of raw physical power; however, if you start refining things further, then of course each has their advantages/disadvantages. As it stands, from what I have read/seen, PG has the experience/bytch-factor advantage, but Mon-El, much like SM, is likely edging her in physical power, and as their powersets are identical (without the differences notable in such relative fights as PG vs. WW, both the one they had this past year, and back in '07), his physical edge is *just* above her relative experience edge, as while Karen is certainly as relatively determined/brave as WW or Starfire, she doesn't have their level of combat skill/finesse, which is what she'd need to really make consistant, majority wins in this case.

SasuOna
Mon el has over 1000 years of training and experience in the Phantom zone with his powers
Power girl is not more experienced then him. As far as strength goes back in the pre crisis series he was compared to superboy with superboy having the edge. Now in post crisis Legion hes supposed to be an equal to Supes.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If that happened it was probably early Post Crisis where I'd say Daxamites were superior to Kryptonians.

Yeah you are right RoO. I just checked the scans, most definitely pre crisis. Oh well sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.