Zoom runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
Just picking random characters out of my head here.

1. The Thing
2. Ms Marvel
3. Magneto
4. WWH
5. Agent Orange
6. Blackheart
7. Thanos

Can he clear it?

Gecko4lif
Nice order you have there ...

Black bolt z
Stops at 4 or 5.

SuperMan103
he certainly doesn't stop at 4.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by SuperMan103
he certainly doesn't stop at 4. Its like the same situation as with sentry.

Zoom might not get hit hit but I don't see him doing enough damage to drop Hulk.

SuperMan103
a million superman-level punches aren't doing enough damage to world war hulk?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by SuperMan103
a million superman-level punches aren't doing enough damage to world war hulk? Except they wouldn't all be superman level punches.

SuperMan103
it was said on panel that he hit as hard/harder than superman. hell, one time he sent wonder woman flying with just one punch.

Galan007
Zoom would embarrass Hulk. srsly

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Except they wouldn't all be superman level punches.
No, just the ones accompanied by "KLUDD!!" sound effects, right?

quanchi112
Stops at 4.

BlackZero30x
stops @5

The Pict
Originally posted by Galan007
Zoom would embarrass Hulk. srsly

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
zoom clears it

khazra
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
zoom clears it
lol laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

WWH's durability is leagues higher than wonderwoman's (who still won that fight anyway) and one thunderclap should KO zoom.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by khazra
lol laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

WWH's durability is leagues higher than wonderwoman's (who still won that fight anyway) and one thunderclap should KO zoom.

How on Earth is Hulk going to get a thunderclap to hurt Zoom in any way? Even if he manages to pull one off between the lightspeed punches and sonic finger snaps etc, Hulk moving his hands together will be incredibly slow to Zoom, he could run far enough away to not be harmed by the shockwave and then back again before WWH even realises what has happened...

khazra
So basically youve never read a zoom fight? Cause that isnt how he fights at all...

Oh no, your right...thats exactly what he did against wonderwoman?

AlmightyKfish
So basically youve never read a zoom fight? Cause that isnt how he fights at all...

Oh no, your right...thats exactly what he did against wonderwoman?

Yet in fights against Flash, Gl/Supes/Flash he was delivering thousands of punches a second...

And hell, Zoom could literally punt WWH around the world till he is KO'd, Hulk way weigh more than Diana, but he could still be laucned a consderably distance, collide with the ground and then the exact same thing happen again.

khazra
He's delivered thousands of punches a second to the flash or GL and not KO'd him? but he can KO the Hulk?

Do you mean at the beginning of rebirth or possibly recharge (the story where parrallax takes over ganthet, i forget which) where he distracts them all but does no real damage at all?

AlmightyKfish
He's delivered thousands of punches a second to the flash or GL and not KO'd him? but he can KO the Hulk?

Do you mean at the beginning of rebirth or possibly recharge (the story where parrallax takes over ganthet, i forget which) where he distracts them all but does no real damage at all?

No the beginning of Sinestro Corp War, he's fighting WW, Flash and Supes simultaneously, Hal appears and chains him up and Zoom breaks out.

iirc it was Super he was shown to punching many many times and Super didn't seem to be able to react much, but during his fight with Flash where they ran around the world dozens of times, many many punches were thrown, but Flash is fast enough to dodge.

Hulk on the other hand, cannot dodge anything. Sure, WWH is more durable than Diana, but there's a limit to the number of powerful, incredibly fast punches to the head WWH can take. This is assuming Zoom simply relies on punching Hulk.

On the other hand, no offensive option Hulk has will even touch Zoom.

khazra
i knew it was a GL story but couldnt place it.

Hulk's durabilty is on par with supermans to bluntforce. Zoom has zero chance of KOing him.

The rogues have tagged zoom in final crisis: Rogues' revenge and possibly other times. Don't see why hulk cant.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
No the beginning of Sinestro Corp War, he's fighting WW, Flash and Supes simultaneously, Hal appears and chains him up and Zoom breaks out.

iirc it was Super he was shown to punching many many times and Super didn't seem to be able to react much, but during his fight with Flash where they ran around the world dozens of times, many many punches were thrown, but Flash is fast enough to dodge.

Hulk on the other hand, cannot dodge anything. Sure, WWH is more durable than Diana, but there's a limit to the number of powerful, incredibly fast punches to the head WWH can take. This is assuming Zoom simply relies on punching Hulk.

On the other hand, no offensive option Hulk has will even touch Zoom. Why wouldn't a thundercalp affect him ?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why wouldn't a thundercalp affect him ? A thunderclap would logically go at the speed of sound and Zoom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Speed of sound.

quanchi112
A thunderclap would logically go at the speed of sound and Zoom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Speed of sound. Hal Jordan hit him before and someone else pointed out rogues did as well so I see no reason why Hulk can't thunderclap him.

AlmightyKfish
Hal Jordan hit him before and someone else pointed out rogues did as well so I see no reason why Hulk can't thunderclap him.

Because Zoom can definately outrun the shockwave of the Thunderclap.

Warlord
agent orange has good chances stopping him

quanchi112
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Because Zoom can definately outrun the shockwave of the Thunderclap. Thunderclap seems faster to me than Hal Jordan and rogues so why can't it catch him off guard.

Black bolt z
Thunderclap seems faster to me than Hal Jordan and rogues so why can't it catch him off guard. So are you saying Zoom runs slower than sound?

quanchi112
So are you saying Zoom runs slower than sound? I'm saying he can can tagged by beings slower than him such as WW and Hal Jordan or in this case Hulk.

Black bolt z
I'm saying he can can tagged by beings slower than him such as WW and Hal Jordan or in this case Hulk. But Sound isn't a being.To someone who can move so fast they can make hulk look like a statue I think they can run faster then sound.

quanchi112
But Sound isn't a being.To someone who can move so fast they can make hulk look like a statue I think they can run faster then sound. That's still typically faster than Hal Jordan' reactions and this caught him. Hulk beats him down.

Black bolt z
That's still typically faster than Hal Jordan' reactions and this caught him. Hulk beats him down. Except he can outrun him.

quanchi112
Except he can outrun him. I never said he couldn't I just said he can be caught off guard by one as well.

Black bolt z
I never said he couldn't I just said he can be caught off guard by one as well. This is true.

But its not like hulk can ambush him.

They start knowing they fight.

quanchi112
This is true.

But its not like hulk can ambush him.

They start knowing they fight. WW Hulk can tank his hits all day long not the same for Zoomey.

FanBoy101

Hulk's durabilty is on par with supermans to bluntforce. Fail.. erm

Black bolt z
WW Hulk can tank his hits all day long not the same for Zoomey. Not all day.

If Zoom can keep it going for like a couple hours without hulk catching him(which he probably can)he'll knock him out.

zeel
I'm saying he can can tagged by beings slower than him such as WW and Hal Jordan or in this case Hulk.

You are correct but the only reason why he would be tagged is due to a mistake made by zoom himself. Zoom is faster then basically anyone in the D.C univers and at the top of his game no one can tag him, unless he makes a mistake. Zoom will probobly K.O.hulk eventually.

zeel

Hulk's durabilty is on par with supermans to bluntforce. Zoom has zero chance of KOing him.

The rogues have tagged zoom in final crisis: Rogues' revenge and possibly other times. Don't see why hulk cant.

Hulks durability is crap not even close to supes. HE just generates faster them a sob.

As far as the rouges tagging zoom goes. Folks this is comics, and every writer has situational writing. Zoom has out ran and out fought a severly amped up flash tapped into the speedforce. Zoom at the top of his game is going to be touched by no one period. Let alone a hulk thunder clap lol.

Tha C-Master

Do you mean at the beginning of rebirth or possibly recharge (the story where parrallax takes over ganthet, i forget which) where he distracts them all but does no real damage at all? Let's get one thing straight, Zoom fights to strengthen the heroes not to kill them, if he did they'd stand little chance. He's moved so fast that Superman was unable to even move between Zoom and an *amped* Flash fighting.

He smokes Hulk.

Galan007
First off, Zoom made an amped Flash look pathetically slow:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5653/zoomspeed1.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8842/zoomspeed2.jpg
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7002/zoomspeed3.jpg
---
So in the PIS-free environment of KMC where he will be fighting to his best, Hulk will NOT be touching him. In fact, Hulk would be frozen in time around Zoom just like everyone else was (including Superman himself):
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6711/zoomtime5.jpg
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4968/zoomtime6.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9461/zoomtime7.jpg

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/9868/zoomtime8.jpg
---
This would give Zoom all the time in the world (literally) to deliver as many Superman-esque punches as he wants:
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5735/zoompunch1.jpg

It's actually quite laughable to think that Hulk would be able to do anything except stand there like a statue and get blitzed to hell.

Colossus-Big C
can hulk punch himself into zooms time bubble?

Galan007
over

Starscream M

It's actually quite laughable to think that Hulk would be able to do anything except stand there like a statue and get blitzed to hell. what about the thunderclap...isn't that still viable?

Galan007
^ Only if a.) Zoom stops pummeling Hulk long enough for him to clap, and b.) the soundwaves released from the clap can travel FTL.

Starscream M
^ Only if a.) Zoom stops pummeling Hulk long enough for him to clap, and b.) the soundwaves released from the clap can travel FTL. zoom would tire eventually...also his pummeling would do nothing other than enrage and power up hulk

Galan007
^ Zoom has never, in his entire character history, shown signs of fatigue in ANY battle(s). Your opinion there is completely unsubstantiated.

I have an extremely hard time believing that Hulk can just shrug off the '> Superman'-level punches Zoom can deal out.

Tha C-Master
Zoom can leave the time stream to dodge the attacks as well. Zoom is essentially like a Flash squared, or cubed. Hulk would be wrecked by Flash, Zoom stomps him in his sleep.

Galan007
thumb up

Starscream M
^ Zoom has never, in his entire character history, shown signs of fatigue in ANY battle(s). Your opinion there is completely unsubstantiated.

I have an extremely hard time believing that Hulk can just shrug off the '> Superman'-level punches Zoom can deal out. are they really superman-level punches? I mean, how could flash survive that?

Galan007
^ The punches Zoom was tagging Dianna with were Superman-level: "I've been punched by Superman. This hurts more."

Starscream M
^ The punches Zoom was tagging Dianna with were Superman-level: "I've been punched by Superman. This hurts more." from that you gather his punches are superman-level?

I mean flash would be KTFOed if they were.

One instance doesn't convincingly establish the power of his punches.

Also, I interpreted that more as Wondy commenting on them 'feeling more painful...but not nec more powerful'

Galan007
Ah so Zoom's punches somehow hurt Dianna more than Superman's, but didn't have as much power behind them..?

Interesting.

Tha C-Master
Again Zoom fights to strengthen heroes, not kill them. If he were out to do that he'd be more hax than Flash.

Flash has the power to hit harder than Superman with his more extreme moves, Zoom can replicate the damage of the Flash himself.

quanchi112
Not all day.

If Zoom can keep it going for like a couple hours without hulk catching him(which he probably can)he'll knock him out. He won't do it anywhere near that long.Originally posted by zeel
You are correct but the only reason why he would be tagged is due to a mistake made by zoom himself. Zoom is faster then basically anyone in the D.C univers and at the top of his game no one can tag him, unless he makes a mistake. Zoom will probobly K.O.hulk eventually. Doubtful. The only likely scenario is he just further enrages the hulk making him stronger and stronger.

SouthSpawn
Anyone else?

Sirius77
It's ****ing ridiculous that anyone is arguing any version of hulk in this thread. Against Zoom? One of the fastest speedsters in comics, against a flightless brick? Come on. I've seen ridiculous but this is just an ocean of fail.

Back on topic. Agent Orange is the one with the best chance imo.

D_Dude1210
I can't really imagine Hulk tagging Zoom with anything. Best he can do is be completely pummeled by Zoom so much that he'd be so pissed off (assuming he doesn't get KTFO), he'd then hit WB levels (and beyond).

He then takes a MASSIVE step in frustration, cracking the planet.

Can Zoom survive in space?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Zoom can leave the time stream to dodge the attacks as well. Zoom is essentially like a Flash squared, or cubed. Hulk would be wrecked by Flash, Zoom stomps him in his sleep. Zoom isn't flash squared he's mostly a plot device villain that pushes the flash to new heights. The reality is that the ability to break the speed force barrier is the fastest anyone can go even time travel shouldn't help because Flash can and has run through time on several occasions and can use the cosmic treadmill which if I remember correctly Zoom can't do as he doesn't move fast enough.. Zoom can't do it but Barry and Wally can. That said in theory Flash should be able to defeat any physical foe by punching not to hit them but to accelerate the mass through time piece by piece essentially punching bits of his opponent into the future or past.

Back to forum topic Zoom makes it to 6 but switch blackheart for Agent Orange and I'm still of the opinion AO PIS off and CIS off could beat Thanos... That is all.

MrMind
either stop at agent orange or clears it

SamZED
It's actually quite laughable to think that Hulk would be able to do anything except stand there like a statue and get blitzed to hell. "laughabe" doesnt begin to describe it.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Uriel005
Zoom isn't flash squared he's mostly a plot device villain that pushes the flash to new heights. The reality is that the ability to break the speed force barrier is the fastest anyone can go even time travel shouldn't help because Flash can and has run through time on several occasions and can use the cosmic treadmill which if I remember correctly Zoom can't do as he doesn't move fast enough.. Zoom can't do it but Barry and Wally can. That said in theory Flash should be able to defeat any physical foe by punching not to hit them but to accelerate the mass through time piece by piece essentially punching bits of his opponent into the future or past.

Back to forum topic Zoom makes it to 6 but switch blackheart for Agent Orange and I'm still of the opinion AO PIS off and CIS off could beat Thanos... That is all. I just meant on characterization and interpretation.

Either character can go as fast as they push themselves. Zoom just seems to have an easier time reaching those "speeds".

Q99
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Again Zoom fights to strengthen heroes, not kill them. If he were out to do that he'd be more hax than Flash.

He is more hax than Flash.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99
He is more hax than Flash. True dat.

I meant more of A casual Zoom not being quite as bad as a serious Flash.

But a serious Zoom? Too much haxx, when characters get this powerful, the matches are generally a stomp in either direction, there is no more "5/10 or 6/10" for the most part.

Black bolt z
Stops at 5.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.