Batgirl vs Crossbones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules. standard gear..

KingD19
Crossbones shoots her, then sets her on fire....then zaps her in the face by FIRIN HIS LAZAH!!!!

Seriously though, he's given Captain America trouble a couple times, with his guns and powers stacked on top of his physical skills, he takes a majority.

Q99
Beats Steph, loses to Cass.

King Castle
i guess i gotta be more specific since so many have used the mantle...uggh

1) Cass

2) steph

3) barbara

srankmissingnin
They all eat face laser.

KingD19
Yeah, if he can't beat their ass, he will zap them with his face beam.

Lord_Talron
crossbones only looks bad because he fight CA. he takes these girls

Bentley
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
They all eat face laser.

thumb up

Cas wins some.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
crossbones only looks bad because he fight CA. he takes these girls

'Cept for Cass, who's more on CA's level than Crossbone's level.

Pretty darn good at dodging ranged attacks too (considering she knows they're going to be fired before they shoot).

KingD19
Crossbones has like I said, taken it to CA a few times, and just recently, it was the shield that saved him.

And he'd probably get in her face before firing his laser.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19

And he'd probably get in her face before firing his laser.

That doesn't make it easier, that means there's more of him to hide behind.

Keep in mind she has some of the most insanely high speed feats of any so-called non powered martial artist.

King Castle
she would be confused not knowing what Crossbones is doing unable to decipher his intent of laser fire.

she think he was constipated that would be her last thought as the blast tears through her head.

Prep-Man
Cass.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99
That doesn't make it easier, that means there's more of him to hide behind.

Keep in mind she has some of the most insanely high speed feats of any so-called non powered martial artist.

Cap's faster but even he struggled with Laser beam Crossbones and if not for the water to use as a distraction, since it revealed Crossbones inner self as just a Red Skull lackey.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley
thumb up

Cas wins some. FACE..... BEAM....

no expression

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by King Castle
i guess i gotta be more specific since so many have used the mantle...uggh

1) Cass

2) steph

3) barbara

Cassie wins, Steph and Babs lose

KingD19
Yeah, Cassie wins a laser cannon death sentence.

Supermutant
Crossbones didn't impressive me even with his power up, Steve Rogers still defeated him w/o assistance.

Q99
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Cap's faster but even he struggled with Laser beam Crossbones and if not for the water to use as a distraction, since it revealed Crossbones inner self as just a Red Skull lackey.

And Cassandra sees what someone does before he does it.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
And Cassandra sees what someone does before he does it.

She reads muscle twitches and body movements. Do you think Crossbone grew a new set of laser muscles? It's a energy attack.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Supermutant

There were circumstances that helped Steve, like the magica reflection river which served as a great distraction. Plus Steve got's the fancy energy shield which helped.

Stoic
There were circumstances that helped Steve, like the magica reflection river which served as a great distraction. Plus Steve got's the fancy energy shield which helped.

He needs to get his shield back, and give Bucky the energized shield.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Stoic
He needs to get his shield back, and give Bucky the energized shield.

Nah. Steve is kicking ass right now as leader of the Secret Avengers.

Q99
She reads muscle twitches and body movements. Do you think Crossbone grew a new set of laser muscles? It's a energy attack.

He has 'I am aiming something' muscle twitches, and 'I am triggering something' twitches.

Cass can tell what topics people are thinking of often enough, telling something combat related is even more up her alley.

If there were no tells at all, Capt wouldn't have enough warning to block/dodge with his shield. So laser face is possible to defend against.

khazra
Steve Rogers...one of, if not the most dominant street level character in comicdom beat him by use of a plot device and its a bad showing fro crossbones? When Rogers doesnt need one against wolverine, ironfist, daredevil or BP?

Rogers would cream cassie. She's massively overrated.

KingD19
Originally posted by Q99
He has 'I am aiming something' muscle twitches, and 'I am triggering something' twitches.

Cass can tell what topics people are thinking of often enough, telling something combat related is even more up her alley.

If there were no tells at all, Capt wouldn't have enough warning to block/dodge with his shield. So laser face is possible to defend against.

He wears a full face mask, and the laser seems to start out as an energy disc in front of his face, and fires from that. So there's no twitch or tell. He looks at her and she gets shot with a laser.

And Cap is Cap, he gets a pass.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99

Soooooooo.... Cap now has a move reading ability now and can read the subtle contortions of the completely hypothetical laser muscles on Brock's Face?

It is a psionic blast, there are no muscle twitches.

Deadline
How many times has he used this laser power then?

Lord_Talron
what does that mean?

Deadline
^ If hes only used it once, it doesn't count.

Daredevil1
He used the laser more then once....LOL.

Crossbones was even gloating "so super soldier how do you like fighting someone with powers for a change".

Deadline
He used the laser more then once....LOL.

Crossbones was even gloating "so super soldier how do you like fighting someone with powers for a change".

Thats why I was asking. I haven't got that issue, by the way I don't think twice counts either.

Daredevil1
Current Crossbones has it so its a moot point. Plus he also used it on a cop. Put a friggin hole through his head IIRC.

psycho gundam
batgirl can kick his ass though, let's not get too carried away

the face beam is the shit however, and if he refrains from revealing his trump card till it's absolutely unavoidable he can stomp

Q99
He wears a full face mask, and the laser seems to start out as an energy disc in front of his face, and fires from that. So there's no twitch or tell. He looks at her and she gets shot with a laser.

And Cap is Cap, he gets a pass.

And Cass is Cass and even better at telling when attacks are coming than he is, by that logic she gets a pass too.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Q99
And Cass is Cass and even better at telling when attacks are coming than he is, by that logic she gets a pass too.

You can't prove that, her writers and her book s focus moe on her reading than caps writers and books do for him, but that doesn't mean she's better at it than him. It's widely accepted that Gambit has enhanced agility right? Its played up in his books to reflect this, but that doesn't mean he's more agile than a regular human like Daredevil.

King Castle
when a character is put in a fight in the forum is it assumed that it is the most recent character unless stated otherwise..

current crossbones has laser face constipation powers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Current Crossbones? He destroys any Batgirl. He was just beating the shit out of Rogers.

srankmissingnin
If the only thing that stops you from beating Captain America is a plot device, you are too much for Batgirl.

Deadline
Current Crossbones has it so its a moot point. Plus he also used it on a cop. Put a friggin hole through his head IIRC.

My point is if he hasn't used it enough then I dont think its allowed.

Mindset
Of course it's allowed.

Deadline
I'm pretty sure some mod said something like they need to use it at least three times or something eg Namors electricty powers aren't allowed.

Mindset
It was Bada, and it wasn't a rule.

Also, it was Bada. dur

Deadline
dur to you to. I'm gonna get Bada in here to F you up.

King Castle
Originally posted by Deadline
I'm pretty sure some mod said something like they need to use it at least three times or something eg Namors electricty powers aren't allowed. its not a forum rule more like a bada reasoning for his debating argument,.

plus lets count.

killed a cop.. check

killed some ninjas... Check

tried to use it on Cap... check

seems enough to consider it as a likely attack plus his CIS about his new power and wanting to use it makes it even more likely.

srankmissingnin
My point is if he hasn't used it enough then I dont think its allowed.

He just got the power two issues ago... it isn't like he as been sitting on a trump card for decades. He got exposed to the terragen mists, and now he has a power.

Deadline
Originally posted by King Castle
its not a forum rule more like a bada reasoning for his debating argument,.

plus lets count.

killed a cop.. check

killed some ninjas... Check

tried to use it on Cap... check

seems enough to consider it as a likely attack plus his CIS about his new power and wanting to use it makes it even more likely.

Cop and ninja was one incident.

He just got the power two issues ago... it isn't like he as been sitting on a trump card for decades. He got exposed to the terragen mists, and now he has a power.

Yea and writers sometimes forget that characters have powers or decide to ignore it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, what Skrank said. Applying that unofficial rule is just retarded to these type of situations. We might not as well debate characters who have appeared less than 3 times.

he has used it more than once. starting distance per arena rules make this impossible for her. if they start up close she can take him

srankmissingnin
Cop and ninja was one incident.

Yea and writers sometimes forget that characters have powers or decide to ignore it.

And when that happens you will have an argument (one that I would support), but currently he just received powers and he is using them liberally.

Deadline
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, what Skrank said. Applying that unofficial rule is just retarded to these type of situations. We might not as well debate characters who have appeared less than 3 times.

Explain why its retarded. Not the samething, if you have characters that have been around a long time then they suddenly develop a power you can't always assume they're going to keep on using it. Its pretty obvious when you have a new character what there general powerset is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Explain why its retarded. Not the samething, if you have characters that have been around a long time then they sudden;y develop a power you can't always assume they're going to keep on using it. Its pretty obvious when you have a new character what there general powerset is.

facepalm

Crossbone on recently received the power up. < Read that part. More than once preferably so that it sinks in.

Since then he has used the new abilities twice (And even then only because he wanted the powers to be a secret) You applying the three times rule to this type of situation is absolutely idiotic. I do not understand how you aren't getting this.

If Crossbone appears in a comic next week and the powers are ignored, then you'd have a case. Currently, you don't.

Deadline
And when that happens you will have an argument (one that I would support), but currently he just received powers and he is using them liberally.

Depends on how you look it at, but if you want that reasoning its fine.

facepalm

Crossbone on recently received the power up. < Read that part. More than once.

Since then he has used it twice. You applying the three time rule is absolutely idiotic. I do not understand how you aren't getting this.

If Crossbone appears in a comic next week and the powers are ignored, then you'd have a case. Currently, you dom't.

Its a matter of opinion dummie. I understand what you're saying but because writers sometimes decide to forget new powersets then thats another way of looking at it. Hey I'm just throwing out a bone its not like I give shit wether Cassie wins or not.

King Castle
your argument is flawed it is based on future writers ignoring and depowering Crossbones which i see eventually happening but for the current moment has not happen and future possible representation of the character is moot.

Deadline
Its ok I'm just throwing out a bone, no need to throw a hissyfit KC. OMIGODZ YOUR ARGUMENT IS FLAWED!!111

He has the powers ok? Happy now?

KingD19
Yeah, the power is way too recent for people to forget about it.

And I don't see it going away until someone either takes it on panel, or he mutates further.

So yes, it's valid, and he physically took it to Cap, and uses his face laser, so he wins a large majority.

King Castle
seriously? What the f**k?

let's be mature and just debate civilly

Deadline
Yeah, the power is way too recent for people to forget about it.

And I don't see it going away until someone either takes it on panel, or he mutates further.

So yes, it's valid, and he physically took it to Cap, and uses his face laser, so he wins a large majority.

Agreed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Its a matter of opinion dummie. I understand what you're saying but because writers sometimes decide to forget new powersets then thats another way of looking at it. Hey I'm just throwing out a bone its not like I give shit wether Cassie wins or not.

Well....your opinion is....wrong.

Deadline
Well....your opinion is....wrong.

Except is not my opinion is it? All I stated was that i thought it wasn't against the rules. Note how I said 'thought'.

Sr J-Bieb
Crossbones via face laser.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Except is not my opinion is it? All I stated was that i thought it wasn't against the rules. Note how I said 'thought'.

Kay: Then you thought wrong.

Deadline
erm The point is I wasn't even sure....we done arguing now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.