Rumor: Next Call of Duty Game Will be Future Warfare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://au.gamespy.com/articles/113/1133256p1.html

Ridley_Prime
Oh yay. Maybe I'll just wait 'till that comes out instead of getting Black Ops.

Bardock42
Wow, they are really going where Battlefield has gone 4 years ago.

General Kaliero
I guess the time is ripe, now that they won't have to compete with a new Halo?

Peach
I wouldn't be surprised. WWII games are completely exhausted, the whole modern warfare thing is turning from "cool" to "overdone", and there's only so many other periods of recent history that can be done.

Impediment
Truth be told, I would love to play a Halo-esque CoD game.

Peach is too right about WWII shooters. MW is slowly becoming boring. I dread the eventual release of MW 3.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach
I wouldn't be surprised. WWII games are completely exhausted, the whole modern warfare thing is turning from "cool" to "overdone", and there's only so many other periods of recent history that can be done.

I'd like a good ancient warfare...or civil-war-war-fare.

Impediment
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd like a good ancient warfare...or civil-war-war-fare.

I can see it: muskets that you actually have to fill and pack between every shot.

Sappho
i like the idea, but if they go that far into the future for a theme, im not going to like it. future warfare is good, "space" warfare, not so much.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Peach

Should do WWI then...

Smasandian
I don't know.

Nowadays, an updated WW2 would be perfect for me. You don't see them as much as you used too. I would love to have a full featured Battlefield WW2 game (I know there is BF1942 downloadable game)

I never understood the whole genre getting stale. If the game is good, I find that most people love it/buy it/play it. I find the argument "stale genre" generally means the person doesn't like the game and it's a convenient excuse.

jinXed by JaNx
I feel you on that, Samas. There was a time where Modern War games weren't as prevalent as WWII shooters and that is why i believe so many people were complaining about the over-saturation of Old war shooters. I think the next Cod installment should span several eras of warfare including future warfare. I really don't think the gameplay style of Cod would compliment a focus on future technologies at least not nearly as well as Ghost Recon. Who knows though, it could very well work. Either way, i think they are going to need to do something highly fictional with their next installment to keep the franchise feeling fresh. Or they could just take a page out of the superior Bad company and introduce classes and large maps. :-)

Bardock42
I wouldn't mind a good WW2 shooter. Though I think I only played the first MOH and Battlefield 1942... so hmm

Zack Fair
They wouldn't have to worry about this if they didn't release the games every frickin year.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
. Or they could just take a page out of the superior Bad company and introduce classes and large maps. :-)

Well COD does have large maps for the online mode and also depends on what you mean by large

as for the classes idea it has that and then the create a class's.

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. kill streak! glass 'em from orbit! *generic rock music as it happens*

Bloinky
Call of Duty: The French and Indian War..........FTW?

FistOfThe North
Cod 2142

FistOfThe North
Cod 2142

General Kaliero
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Cod 2142
Cod 2142: Nuclear fisheries?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well COD does have large maps for the online mode and also depends on what you mean by large

as for the classes idea it has that and then the create a class's.

Nah, the Cod maps are very small. Their are a few medium sized maps but even then i always feel as though i'm playing in a box. That sense of freedom has never been present in Cod, for me. However, i'm not necessarily trying to condemn Cod because i don't think large maps would work very well with the fast paced arcade style game play of Cod multiplayer. I know it probably sounds like i'm always trying to compare Cod and Bad company but even though i prefer Bad Company i believe Cod is the best at what they do. They definitely have the most user friendly war game out there. Anyone can pick up and play Cod.

Cod doesn't have classes. They simply have save slots that allow you to customize and pre-set a weapon load out for quick access. There are no specific abilities, equipment or weapons designated to specific classes.

Quincy
Call of Duty Star Warfare

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Nah, the Cod maps are very small. Their are a few medium sized maps but even then i always feel as though i'm playing in a box.

Medium sized??

i know theres at least two large ones in World At War.. Seelow, Downfall, Outskirts

problem that i found for Outskirts is that everyone seems to stick to them middle of the map.

Zack Fair
CoD maps are micro when compared to battlefield's vast maps.

I think they should stop making Call of Duty games after MW3, but they obviously will not stop.

Phoenix3068
Here's my idea of "Future Warfare"

They still use styled guns like the M-Series. But they have new upgrades. Scopes with x-ray sites for vital shots, grenade projectiles that can be launched to auto-target, shatter, and home-in on the target. Stealth fighters that rip through the skies and launch a massive explosive series round.

If they add lasers in I'm gonna be pissed.
Laser sites however would be nice ^^

Throw in a few of the things that they are getting into in the new style games: Sprint - Slide into a Crouch / Leap into a Prone.
Further advanced armor (I don't know about silver)

THE GUN CAPACITY O_,O (drool) OHHHHHHHHHHHH the POWER!

FistOfThe North
COD:WWIII

Kazenji
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7286-Next-Call-of-Duty-FPS-In-Production-At-Sledgehammer.html

Headed up by the creators of Dead Space

Kosmic King
How about stop cashing in on tragedies of the past? Call of Duty is overrated anyway.

Kazenji
Well this new on is apparantly ment to be sent in the future until we get proof so how is that based on "tragedies of the past".

MadBrok
how about a strategy game where one on the team controls all the NPC units, and the rest of the team plays like they usually would, soldiers amongst the NPC's controlled by one of them.

Bluesteel
If WW2 and modern combat is getting mundane and overdone then what is epic-fantasy swords and sorcery setting if we look at RPG's?

As Smas said, if its good it don't matter where and when the game takes place.

Personally I wouldint mind a call of duty in the future, just hope they make it more dirty and gritty than Halo.

Getting kills in Call of Duty multiplayer is one of the most satisfying things I have ever come across in any video game. it just feels so good to get the kills knowing your one kill closer to the killsteak smile

Zack Fair
I find getting kills in Halo a lot more satisfying, but I still like how in CoD all the random bullshit can be fun most of the time.

Nutsack
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I find getting kills in Halo a lot more satisfying, but I still like how in CoD all the random bullshit can be fun most of the time. Shooters are dumb games meant for dumb shooter fans that only know how to pew pew pew.

Masterpieces like ME1 are the true pinnacle of gaming.

Kazenji
Do you know a user called Fartbag?

Darth Truculent
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is not to be a MW3. The games designers got pissed, and sued the company over something and quit. MW3 will be called something else. I heard that piece of information from a game designer and an owner of a Game Stop.

Ridley_Prime
woot

RE: Blaxican
You mean InfinityWard?

Yeah... we've all known about that for about a year now. >___>

Bluesteel
A guy at GameStop... thats like believing every word that a guy at blockbuster tells you about future movie titles, even those that have not been listed as in production yet, eventhought we know planning and creative work begins much before they come out with the news.

To be fair, I think it's a GOOD chance there will be another Modern Warfare, the title is a guarantee for a success.

They just need to find new capable people which the world is full of. And you know that the publisher just wont let such a series bite the dust without an effort to keep it alive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.