Mr Majestic vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100107075639/marvel_dc/images/thumb/1/18/Majestic_%28World%27s_End%29.jpg/180px-Majestic_%28World%27s_End%29.jpg

vs

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090630111628/marveldatabase/images/thumb/c/c1/Thor_Vol_3_2_Textless_Delotto.jpg/250px-Thor_Vol_3_2_Textless_Delotto.jpg

1. Majestic gets his sword that can cut through virtually anything, Thor
keeps Mjolnir

2. Majestic without his sword, Thor keeps Mjonir

3. No weapons for either

"Id"
1 - Majestic wins.
2 - Thor wins.
3 - Majestic wins.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by "Id"
1 - Majestic wins.
2 - Thor wins.
3 - Majestic wins.

CosmicComet
About what I expected too. Hope we get some discussion though and not just name dropping.

"Id"

Warlord

Prep-Man

Nihilist
1 Mr M
2 stalemate
3 Mr M

Rage.Of.Olympus

Warlord
apparently the blade gives a one shoot ability that a mjolnir blow does not provide.

Thor will not/cannot evade all slashes as Majestics will not/cannot evede all mjolnir blows.

saddly one good slass is all M needs

celeyhyga17
thor wasnt even trying since he knew wolverine was not himself.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

3. Stalemate.

I cannot agree with this one.

Thor simply does not look as good fighting h2h as Majestros does. Dude is written to be the Batman of Herald Levelers in fighting skill. (But of course Wonder Woman is her own standard.)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I cannot agree with this one.

Thor simply does not look as good fighting h2h as Majestros does. Dude is written to be the Batman of Herald Levelers in fighting skill. (But of course Wonder Woman is her own standard.)

no expression

Originally posted by Warlord
apparently the blade gives a one shoot ability that a mjolnir blow does not provide.

Thor will not/cannot evade all slashes as Majestics will not/cannot evede all mjolnir blows.

saddly one good slass is all M needs

It doesn't give you a one shot ability. Sure if he gets a clean hit on Thor's head or some other vital part, he'd win it, but Thor's more than capable of defending himself against blade wielding opponents.

I'm sure Majestic will cut gashes here and there on Thor, but nothing major will be damaged. It'll be mostly the chest area. Thor's more than capable of withstanding this type of pain.

CosmicComet
What's the problem? You don't believe Majestic is clearly the better h2h fighter?

Forget strength, durability and all that for a second, might as well be a wash.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, I don't.

Prep-Man
Thor sucks at hth.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Thor sucks at hth. All the convincing I needed.

CosmicComet
I wouldn't say sucks. But his overall experience level is disproportionately high in relation to his h2h skill level. Give him and Supes a sword though, and I'd pick him to outpoint Supes easily.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Thor sucks at hth.

You just plain suck.

I wouldn't say sucks. But his overall experience level is disproportionately high in relation to his h2h skill level. Give him and Supes a sword though, and I'd pick him to outpoint Supes easily.

Have you guys gotten access to a bunch of Thor comics I've never read before?

snowdragon
Majestic wins all 3, he's a brutal fighter.

CosmicComet
bump

"Id"
Lulz at bringing up Wolverine. Probably Thor's lowest speed showing. Definitely the lowest in the last three decades.

No one is going to argue Majestic can cut Thor, but Thor has plenty of defensive capabilities. Dodging and blocking being the first.

Come on now!? srsly Thor isnt exactly known for his temendous speed. I dont see how that equates to his lowest speed showing, when he is rutienly operating at those speeds.
Granted he can attain higher velocites, yet he is not approaching the likes of the Majestros.

Bill has never defeated Thor. Bill is plenty fast (Points to the recent Surfer fight where they were moving at light speed I believe). His skill has never been touched upon as far as I know. Either way, a fight between two bricks -with one most likely keeping to the ground- rarely ends up being about speed, and simply about physical strength. It'd be the two just trading punches with some skill thrown in for Thor and speed for Majestros.

If you want to play the speed card, I can play the versatility/power card.
Naw. Bill deffeated, Thor in a h2h combat. Ever soo slightly but won none the less. Bringing up Thor's versility is pointless at this point, since this scenerio is minus Thor's mallet.

Considering all factors, there is no way Thor can take on Majestros in pure h2h. When the lines of skill are blurred out. Majstros still edges out in strength, and trumps him in speed. To make matters worse, he can eat a punch as good as he can dish it out, makes it an easy pick.

CosmicComet
Almost a year later. stick out tongue

"Id"
Almost a year later. stick out tongue

Majestros is the truth!313dur

Rage.Of.Olympus
Come on now!? srsly Thor isnt exactly known for his temendous speed. I dont see how that equates to his lowest speed showing, when he is rutienly operating at those speeds.
Granted he can attain higher velocites, yet he is not approaching the likes of the Majestros.

There's no doubt that Thor isn't consistently fast but Majestro's speed is definitely something the Odinson can handle one way or another in a fight. People love bringing up Thor's lower end showings but forget to mention that when facing against speedy characters in his tier, he survives.

The one time speed was shown to give a peer a notable edge was against Gladiator, and he specifically preoccupied Thor. Even then, it was shown that Thor could react to his movements, IIRC, he swung his hammer twice before Gladiator reached him.

I have no doubt that he'll be shown as the faster of the two if speed is brought up (If he isn't, I'd have a problem with it), but he isn't going to fly in and slice Thor to pieces. That's silly. Mjolnir is more than a foil for his blade.

Naw. Bill deffeated, Thor in a h2h combat. Ever soo slightly but won none the less.

Bill didn't defeat Thor in hand to hand. Not in the regular sense. They stalemated, but Bill recovered first due to the environment, then soon collapsed again. That's an important distinction to make. especially in such a place. For example, on a forum, it'd count as a stalemate.

He also admitted that even though he was lucky, he could never take a contest so close in any neutral environment.

Bringing up Thor's versatility is pointless at this point, since this scenario is minus Thor's mallet.

Well, since I don't know what whether I was initially referring to scenario 2 or 3 I can't delve into it too much.

Thor is still has power/versatility (Less so on the versatility if we count Majestic's ability to project energy) advantage even without Mjolnir to balance out Majestic's speed. But I'm hesitant to use that as an argument as the two will likely brawl it out.

Considering all factors, there is no way Thor can take on Majestros in pure h2h.

erm

Thor can definitely beat Majestic in a hand to hand encounter. He might not be the favorite for a majority, but if you don't think he can even take him, then I call bullshit. Maybe we have definitions of take at the moment.

When the lines of skill are blurred out. Majstros still edges out in strength, and trumps him in speed. To make matters worse, he can eat a punch as good as he can dish it out, makes it an easy pick.

Let's not pretend we can say for any certainty which of these two are stronger. Majestic speed is definitely his biggest trump card here, assuming it's used. As someone who I'd guess has read up on Majestic, you realize that he slugs it out mostly like all elite strong men who fight their peers.

It's far from easy. I don't want to go into extremes (Which I may have been guilty of last year), I'd wager on a stalemate as the two are physical peers with each having different advantages. If Thor fights purely like a brick, and Majestic utilizes his advantage, then the Kheran wins (You can't just ignore his speed advantage), I'm guessing that's what you wanted to hear. It's far from easy though.

"Id"
There's no doubt that Thor isn't consistently fast but Majestro's speed is definitely something the Odinson can handle one way or another in a fight. People love bringing up Thor's lower end showings but forget to mention that when facing against speedy characters in his tier, he survives.

The one time speed was shown to give a peer a notable edge was against Gladiator, and he specifically preoccupied Thor. Even then, it was shown that Thor could react to his movements, IIRC, he swung his hammer twice before Gladiator reached him.

This only lets us know that Thor would eat a few clean hits, before he can land his. That leaves much to be desired.

Bill didn't defeat Thor in hand to hand. Not in the regular sense. They stalemated, but Bill recovered first due to the environment, then soon collapsed again. That's an important distinction to make. especially in such a place. For example, on a forum, it'd count as a stalemate.

He also admitted that even though he was lucky, he could never take a contest so close in any neutral environment.

Even if you want to call it a draw. Majestros has advantages over Bill. These advantages cant be ignored, if we use Bill as a point of reference.

Thor is still has power/versatility (Less so on the versatility if we count Majestic's ability to project energy) advantage even without Mjolnir to balance out Majestic's speed. But I'm hesitant to use that as an argument as the two will likely brawl it out.
erm
Thor can definitely beat Majestic in a hand to hand encounter. He might not be the favorite for a majority, but if you don't think he can even take him, then I call bullshit. Maybe we have definitions of take at the moment.

Nobody is claiming Majestros will walk him down. I certainly am not. In all likely hood, all encounters would be hard fought. But considering what Majestros bringing to field, its hard for me to conceive Thor could garnish more than say 3 victories out 10 random encounters. Thats if he can cut off his movements, and pin him down.

But than I go back, and find that hard to conceive. How do you cut off the movement, to a character that can thunder clap weather anomalies away, and move planets?

Let's not pretend we can say for any certainty which of these two are stronger. Majestic speed is definitely his biggest trump card here, assuming it's used. As someone who I'd guess has read up on Majestic, you realize that he slugs it out mostly like all elite strong men who fight their peers.

It's far from easy. I don't want to go into extremes (Which I may have been guilty of last year), I'd wager on a stalemate as the two are physical peers with each having different advantages. If Thor fights purely like a brick, and Majestic utilizes his advantage, then the Kheran wins (You can't just ignore his speed advantage), I'm guessing that's what you wanted to hear. It's far from easy though.
Its an old, and tired phrase. But speed kills. Regardless if Thor fights like a slugger, or a tactician. Majestros is written out to be tactician, I am factoring in this encounter with Thor placing his punches together.

akhenaten
i am kinda tired of this majestic myth, i went to his respect thread and looked at his fights and there is nothing impressive there, all his fights are simple brawls going blow for blow and he never defeated anyone legit to say he can defeat thor as easy as people say

majestic got one shotted by superman... i dont see superman one shotting thor, also if i compare both at there best then thor has the better damage soak and durability overall , and as i said about the skills part Lol at majestic being the herald batman he never presented any of those skills, only time he was even mentioned to be a good fighter was some arc where they show him doing some martial arts but thats about it, he is always going blow for blow or using his heat vision and he lost many fights to some no name aliens.

as for the topic?
1.Majestic
2.Thor
3.Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
This only lets us know that Thor would eat a few clean hits, before he can land his. That leaves much to be desired.

It lets us know that Thor can handle speed just fine when he has to. Majestic might be able to get a slash in that Thor can't counter if he engages him in close combat but it's not going to be game ending or anything.

I think Thor's history has made that clear and Mjolnir is more than a sufficient foil for his blade.

Even if you want to call it a draw. Majestros has advantages over Bill. These advantages cant be ignored, if we use Bill as a point of reference.

It was a draw. Bill's endurance is rejuvenated by heat so he was able to recover for like literally 2 minutes before collapsing again and it was pretty obvious that if Odin hadn't rigged the contest in his favor, he wouldn't have won.

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here. Bill was able to recover first because of a specific advantage that Majestic wouldn't possess, how does that affect this fight?

Majestic is faster than either of them, is that what you mean? That's true but referencing Bill wouldn't be in your best interest as he illustrated against Surfer and Stardust that speed isn't something that Asgardian's are unable to handle.

Nobody is claiming Majestros will walk him down. I certainly am not. In all likely hood, all encounters would be hard fought. But considering what Majestros bringing to field, its hard for me to conceive Thor could garnish more than say 3 victories out 10 random encounters. Thats if he can cut off his movements, and pin him down.

Majestic has a speed advantage, which might be enough to give him an edge in a hand to hand encounter but it's not going to be portrayed to be more potent than Superman's, Surfer's, Gladiator's, Sentry's, Hyperion's etc. People are so comfortable acknowledging Thor's lower end but the higher end showings are continuously ignored.

An unarmed battle between Thor/Majestic will go quite similarly to his fight with Void Spartan. If Thor starts using his God of Thunder powers to balance out the speed advantage, picture the encounter with Union or battles with Hellspoint.

No more than 3/10? Buddy, if Majestic wins, it's going to be like 6/10.

But than I go back, and find that hard to conceive. How do you cut off the movement, to a character that can thunder clap weather anomalies away, and move planets?

Just ask Surfer.

Its an old, and tired phrase. But speed kills. Regardless if Thor fights like a slugger, or a tactician. Majestros is written out to be tactician, I am factoring in this encounter with Thor placing his punches together.

It can, but I find that people on forums seem to browse speed sections of respect threads more than the battle sections, which ends up with speed advantages being exaggerated.

If Thor fights like a tactician, it'll be a large difference maker, make no mistake.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by akhenaten
i am kinda tired of this majestic myth, i went to his respect thread and looked at his fights and there is nothing impressive there, all his fights are simple brawls going blow for blow and he never defeated anyone legit to say he can defeat thor as easy as people say

majestic got one shotted by superman... i dont see superman one shotting thor, also if i compare both at there best then thor has the better damage soak and durability overall , and as i said about the skills part Lol at majestic being the herald batman he never presented any of those skills, only time he was even mentioned to be a good fighter was some arc where they show him doing some martial arts but thats about it, he is always going blow for blow or using his heat vision and he lost many fights to some no name aliens.

as for the topic?
1.Majestic
2.Thor
3.Thor

It's true that Majestic doesn't have a comparable battle record to someone like say Thor, as a whole his either stalemated or lost to named peers and higher in straight up encounters from what I remember (Barring the World End stuff, heard he had some decent showings against the WildCats but I only flipped through it), but he's still a very potent High Herald. Anyone who thinks Majestic is beating Thor easily is ignorant.

Dream War was an outlier. It's also not cannon to the real Justice League.

I agree, calling Majestic the Batman of High heralds is a bit too far.

akhenaten
i dont get it why should majestic get any majority over thor in H2H? what feats does he have???? thor defeated all the top dogs in H2H, who did majestic beat? he got tooled by some no name aliens, and the fights he does win its always a blow for blow brawl that looks like a drunk bar fight, thor is more skilled than him and the better fighter overall and if you think speed is a factor than how can thor fight with speedsters all the time?? just because thor doesnt fly circles around the earth or doing picnics in space doesnt mean he doesnt have the same speed his fights prove he HAS

Prep-Man
i dont get it why should majestic get any majority over thor in H2H? what feats does he have???? thor defeated all the top dogs in H2H, who did majestic beat? he got tooled by some no name aliens, and the fights he does win its always a blow for blow brawl that looks like a drunk bar fight, thor is more skilled than him and the better fighter overall and if you think speed is a factor than how can thor fight with speedsters all the time?? just because thor doesnt fly circles around the earth or doing picnics in space doesnt mean he doesnt have the same speed his fights prove he HAS

Like whO?

Galan007
1.) Majestic. On the fence about this scenario, though.
2.) Thor.
3.) Majestic.

My opinion: Majestic's speed (can perceive/react by the nanosecond and proccess billions of bits of information simultaneously) + strength (shouldn't have to elaborate) + his 'reality-altering' energy vision, give him the edge.

Majestic's sword is an awesome piece of weaponry, and i have no doubt it could easily flay Thor, but it has nowhere near the versatility of Mjolnir (hence my 'swayable' opinion about the first scenario.) However, a sword that can literally cut through anything in the hands of a Superman-level fella who moves by the nanosecond, is certainly still a threat--Mjolnir or not.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I understand the reasoning behind Majestic winning against Thor (If they were to slug it out, Thor's the favorite imho) in hand to hand, he is faster.

It's true that like most elite strong men he usually just slugs it out but his advantage isn't something that we can completely ignore. Thor's speed weakness is overrated, at least when it comes to peers but you can't put him on par with Majestic. He doesn't have the pure raw showings, except one or two, barring battle based feats.

Thor's hand to hand record isn't exactly perfect either.

I think it's a split, maybe edge to Majestic. Thor isn't likely to use his energy based powers without Mjolnir but he certainly can.

"Id"
i dont get it why should majestic get any majority over thor in H2H? what feats does he have???? thor defeated all the top dogs in H2H, who did majestic beat? he got tooled by some no name aliens, and the fights he does win its always a blow for blow brawl that looks like a drunk bar fight, thor is more skilled than him and the better fighter overall and if you think speed is a factor than how can thor fight with speedsters all the time?? just because thor doesnt fly circles around the earth or doing picnics in space doesnt mean he doesnt have the same speed his fights prove he HAS Regarding H2H.

Quick Silver tagged him a few times, before Thor responded. The same with Sentry. He ate a few hits, before he lands his.
Members are not aproaching (Well with the blades maybe), hey look speed blitz he is done. Its he will take a few, before he lands his. Only its someone with a physical might that measures up to him.
Thats what members are brining up. When he faces someone that can take it, as good as he dish out, and you factor in his speed. Much is left to be desired for Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Galan007
1.) Majestic. On the fence about this scenario, though.
2.) Thor.
3.) Majestic.

My opinion: Majestic's speed (can perceive/react by the nanosecond and proccess billions of bits of information simultaneously) + strength (shouldn't have to elaborate) + his 'reality-altering' energy vision, give him the edge.

Majestic's sword is an awesome piece of weaponry, and i have no doubt it could easily flay Thor, but it has nowhere near the versatility of Mjolnir (hence my 'swayable' opinion about the first scenario.) However, a sword that can literally cut through anything in the hands of a Superman-level fella who moves by the nanosecond, is certainly still a threat--Mjolnir or not.

Reality altering vision? Are you referring to the Binary Star feat from volume 1?

I think the sword makes Majestic a much larger threat in close combat but if Thor fights with a modicum of intelligence, he can neutralize it for the most part. It makes it closer, but it isn't enough to give him the majority. At least if Mjolnir is used as more than a blunt force object.

Galan007
^ Yes. That's how Eny used to refer to Maj's EV--hence the quotes. wink

Agreed. Tbh, the sword has little-to-nothing to do with my opinion. It's got some perks to offers, but nowhere near those of Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Regarding H2H.

Quick Silver tagged him a few times, before Thor responded. The same with Sentry. He ate a few hits, before he lands his.
Members are not aproaching (Well with the blades maybe), hey look speed blitz he is done. Its he will take a few, before he lands his. Only its someone with a physical might that measures up to him.
Thats what members are brining up. When he faces someone that can take it, as good as he dish out, and you factor in his speed. Much is left to be desired for Thor.

I'd like to point out that Quicksilver dodges an initial bolt and Thor immediately took him down:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsQuicksilver2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsQuicksilver3.jpg

Sentry blindsided Thor and the Odinson immediately retaliated:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSentry1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSentry2.jpg

I don't know why you'd say that, the Sentry showing is pretty consistent with what usually happens with Thor against speedy peers such as Gladiator, Hyperion, Superman, Surfer etc.

That scene where Gladiator occupied Thor is the only notable instance (The original battle against an incredibly amped Surfer might count. Thor payed him back with interest however when the circumstances favored him:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsGladiator4.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsGladiator10.jpg

I understand that Thor has his low showings like with Wolverine etc. but this guy has gotten in a shoot out with Surfer in space and won:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSilverSurfer2fight12.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSilverSurfer2fight13.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSilverSurfer2fight14.jpg

No one's saying Majestic isn't faster, but he can counter speed when the comic calls for it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^ Yes. That's how Eny used to refer to Maj's EV--hence the quotes. wink

Agreed. Tbh, the sword has little-to-nothing to do with my opinion. It's got some perks to offers, but nowhere near those of Mjolnir.

I miss Eny. sad

From what I remember, his heat vision didn't alter reality. He used an ancient semi mystical mathematical equation to create the Binary Star.

Fair enough.

Galan007
I miss Eny. sad

From what I remember, his heat vision didn't alter reality. He used an ancient semi mystical mathematical equation to create the Binary Star.

Fair enough. That's exactly what he did. Still a great feat either way.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's exactly what he did. Still a great feat either way.

No doubt, calling it reality altering heat vision is just confusing if you don't know the joke.

It reminded me a lot of the God Blast Thor used against Exitar with the ancient, long dead, chanting.

I have a suggestion for your respect thread. It was in a Wildcats annual, Majestic is infected with a weird virus and starts demolishing all of Stormwatch including Union who is a peer.

OneDumbG0
For all the talk about Thor's low speed feats, there seems to be an impression that there are no Thor high speed feats or feats against speedsters. Considering how Thor handles speedsters, it ought to be pretty obvious he'd repeat those performances in the future as he continues to do.

Of course, people pointing to Wolverine vs Thor seem to act like Wonder Woman vs Deathstroke never happens.

It's perfectly justifiable to not ignore Majestic's combat speed. It's not justifiable to then ignore how Thor's reacted to speedsters.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Of course, people pointing to Wolverine vs Thor seem to act like Wonder Woman vs Deathstroke never happens. On that note, Flash is also slow because of Deathstroke... shifty

cdtm

Of course, people pointing to Wolverine vs Thor seem to act like Wonder Woman vs Deathstroke never happens.

But WW is a legitimate speedster, and Slade isn't. To directly compare your examples, Thor is to Slade, as Wolverine is to Wonder Woman.. Slade and Thor tag speedsters all the time. Wolverine and Wonder Women have feats proving they're speedsters of a certain level, which prove Wolverine > Thor in speed, and WW > Slade in speed, regardless of how their fights play out...

Hulks hit a carnage possessed, speeding Surfer. Batman kicked Captain Marvel.. Slade, he has a history of hitting Wally..

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by cdtm
But WW is a legitimate speedster, and Slade isn't. To directly compare your examples, Thor is to Slade, as Wolverine is to Wonder Woman.. Slade and Thor tag speedsters all the time. Wolverine and Wonder Women have feats proving they're speedsters of a certain level, which prove Wolverine > Thor in speed, and WW > Slade in speed, regardless of how their fights play out...

Hulks hit a carnage possessed, speeding Surfer. Batman kicked Captain Marvel.. Slade, he has a history of hitting Wally.. ...

sam

cdtm

sam

This is the only part that matters:

No. Period.

Thor handling speedsters, does not prove he is as fast as speedsters, if that's your argument. (And since you brought up Wonder Woman vs Slade, a clear cut case of PIS with Slade matching WW, I can't see what other point you're trying to make.)

Using that criteria, Slade becomes >>> Wally West, which is ridiculous.

snowdragon
On average showings Thor is slow compared to Majestic, on average.

I don't see Thor winning this for the majority, the sword does cut.

Also without his sword he loses I was wrong before on 3/3 wins.

However with his swords, game over Thor.

cdtm
Originally posted by snowdragon
On average showings Thor is slow compared to Majestic, on average.

I don't see Thor winning this for the majority, the sword does cut.

To be fair to Thor, he does have some impressive speed showings of his own.

Not remotely close to Majestics, but still pretty impressive.

Sr J-Bieb
No. Period.

Thor handling speedsters, does not prove he is as fast as speedsters, if that's your argument. (And since you brought up Wonder Woman vs Slade, a clear cut case of PIS with Slade matching WW, I can't see what other point you're trying to make.)

Using that criteria, Slade becomes >>> Wally West, which is ridiculous. He's saying Thor will continue to handle speedsters, and Thor vs Wolverine is PIS...

cdtm
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He's saying Thor will continue to handle speedsters, and Thor vs Wolverine is PIS...

Ahh....

If that's his argument, Guy Gardner wins.

Prep-Man
that sword is pretty nasty.

snowdragon
To be fair to Thor, he does have some impressive speed showings of his own.

Not remotely close to Majestics, but still pretty impressive.

Thor has like 4-5 times the showings of majestic literally and I wouldn't put them even remotely close based on that.

OneDumbG0
This is the only part that matters:

No. Period.

Thor handling speedsters, does not prove he is as fast as speedsters, if that's your argument. (And since you brought up Wonder Woman vs Slade, a clear cut case of PIS with Slade matching WW, I can't see what other point you're trying to make.) It is the only part that matters.

I'm not trying to prove Thor is a speedster. Just that he handles them with consistency. From low speedsters to high-end speedsters. And you obviously did miss the point. How can people keep acting like consistent speed feats are the end-all, be-all (even though they job to non-speedsters), but characters who have consistent feats against speedsters are irrelevant (because they sometimes job to non-speedsters)?

Do people act like Thor being toppled by Cap means he can't possibly take a Thng-level hit? Even though he consistently does?

Do people act like Thor being blasted by a generic laser gun means he can't possibly take a Silver Surfer-level blast? Even though he consistently does?

Somehow, speed can never be treated with the same level of consideration as strength and durability consistently are. For strength and durability, this consideration is unconscious. When it comes to speed though? There has to be some overly zealous equivocation over it. It's retarded. Originally posted by cdtm
Using that criteria, Slade becomes >>> Wally West, which is ridiculous. sam

snowdragon
It is the only part that matters.

I'm not trying to prove Thor is a speedster. Just that he handles them with consistency. From low speedsters to high-end speedsters. And you obviously did miss the point. How can people keep acting like consistent speed feats are the end-all, be-all (even though they job to non-speedsters), but characters who have consistent feats against speedsters are irrelevant (because they sometimes job to non-speedsters)?

Do people act like Thor being toppled by Cap means he can't possibly take a Thng-level hit? Even though he consistently does?

Do people act like Thor being blasted by a generic laser gun means he can't possibly take a Silver Surfer-level blast? Even though he consistently does?

Somehow, speed can never be treated with the same level of consideration as strength and durability consistently are. For strength and durability, this consideration is unconscious. When it comes to speed though? There has to be some overly zealous equivocation over it. It's retarded. sam

Durability is pretty moot with the sword shown to cut everything, he will get cut.

cdtm
It is the only part that matters.

Somehow, speed can never be treated with the same level of consideration as strength and durability consistently are. sam

I disagree. I think they're treated roughly the same..

Thor being toppled by Cap, is comparable to Flash being caught by Slade. It's so outside Caps ball park, it shouldn't even be taken seriously as a high end feat...

Same deal for Thor and a generic laser gun, if it indeed is generic and not some plot device gun, like the Old Power tasers Banner employed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
ODG has a good point.

OneDumbG0
I disagree. I think they're treated roughly the same..

Thor being toppled by Cap, is comparable to Flash being caught by Slade. It's so outside Caps ball park, it shouldn't even be taken seriously as a high end feat...

Same deal for Thor and a generic laser gun, if it indeed is generic and not some plot device gun, like the Old Power tasers Banner employed. So Thor seeming to have concerted issues with Wolverine's agility while basically curbstomping Quicksilver, Makkari, Hermes, etc. when they're using superspeed isn't more of the same?

Whatever.

snowdragon
So Thor seming to have concerted issues with Wolverine while basically curbstomping Quicksilver, Makkari, Hermes, etc. when they're using speed isn't more of the same?

Whatever.

That's exaclty what I mean, he has very few showings against speedsters at majestic lvl.

Especially fighting and fighting against ppl that can kill him, none of those examples are good combat examples of him losing or winning to live.

cdtm
So Thor seming to have concerted issues with Wolverine while basically curbstomping Quicksilver, Makkari, Hermes, etc. when they're using speed isn't more of the same?

Whatever.

Thor crushes Wolverine. stick out tongue

The way he handled Quicksilver is allright. I don't have a problem with how that was handled, considering Thor's more than capable of causing a massive earthquake by smashing the ground, and Quicksilver can't fly..

I can't comment on Makkari and Hermes, but for what it's worth if we were talking about Superman clotheslining Zoom in that DC reboot storyline, I'd argue that's definitive PIS, because Supes simply isn't that fast..

OneDumbG0
That's exaclty what I mean, he has very few showings against speedsters at majestic lvl.

Especially fighting and fighting against ppl that can kill him, none of those examples are good combat examples of him losing or winning to live. ... every superspeedtser Thor's fought, he's countered/defeated/embarassed outright. For the record, I'm not downplaying Majestic's superspeed.

Majestic's combat superspeed is far more proven than most characters. But Thor's been proven to deal with superspeedsters also. Somehow the former means everything but the latter means nothing. Even though both chacters have jobbed when it comes to speed.

snowdragon
... every superspeedtser Thor's fought, he's countered/defeated/embarassed outright. For the record, I'm not downplaying Majestic's superspeed.

Majestic's combat superspeed is far more proven than most characters. But Thor's been proven to deal with superspeedsters also. Somehow the former means everything but the latter means nothing. Even though both chacters have jobbed when it comes to speed.

And that's my point, majestic in his showings is greater at high speed fighting then Thor's.

Not saying Thor hasn't dealt with speedsters but Majestic is better then most and successful with his speed more so then Thor's fighting speed.

cdtm
... every superspeedtser Thor's fought, he's countered/defeated/embarassed outright.

That's not unique to Thor, though.

I mean, Spidey usually handles speedsters like Speed Demon in his own series. That's why when SD embarrassed Spidey outright in Thunderbolts, it was a mark out moment, because that's not usually how it goes down.

Wonder Woman took down Zoom II, Cap embarrassed Danny Rand, animated John Stewart punched Wally in the face as he was SPEEDING TOWARDS HIM...

Now, if all you're arguing is Thor has options against speedsters like area attacks or throwing his hammer at them, I won't dispute that.. But he's facing Majestic, nor Quicksilver. Maj is strong enough to KO Thor without the speed gap. With it, he can start pounding him before Thor can do much of anything..

OneDumbG0
That's not unique to Thor, though.

I mean, Spidey usually handles speedsters like Speed Demon in his own series. That's why when SD embarrassed Spidey outright in Thunderbolts, it was a mark out moment, because that's not usually how it goes down. What superspeedster has Spidey embarrassed? And has he done so consistently? Sometimes with contemptuous ease? Oh, that's right. You answered my question already. Originally posted by cdtm
Wonder Woman took down Zoom II, Cap embarrassed Danny Rand, animated John Stewart punched Wally in the face as he was SPEEDING TOWARDS HIM... Diana can fight Zoom. Stewart can fight Waly. And Majestic isn't even close to Zoom or Wally's combat superspeed. I see no issue. Originally posted by cdtm
Now, if all you're arguing is Thor has options against speedsters like area attacks or throwing his hammer at them, I won't dispute that.. But he's facing Majestic, nor Quicksilver. Maj is strong enough to KO Thor without the speed gap. With it, he can start pounding him before Thor can do much of anything.. Sentry tried. Sentry had to resort to pure power. Which is how I see this going down as well.

OneDumbG0
And that's my point, majestic in his showings is greater at high speed fighting then Thor's.

Not saying Thor hasn't dealt with speedsters but Majestic is better then most and successful with his speed more so then Thor's fighting speed. So is Quicksilver. Hermes. Juvan. Zefra. Gladiator. Hyperion. Sentry.

So is Quicksilver. Hermes. Juvan. Zefra. Hyperion. Gladiator. Sentry.

And they fought Thor... and lost. Yet, that means nothing?

snowdragon
So is Quicksilver. Hermes. Juvan. Zefra. Gladiator. Hyperion. Sentry.

So is Quicksilver. Hermes. Juvan. Zefra. Hyperion. Gladiator. Sentry.

And they fought Thor... and lost. Yet, that means nothing?

Sentry lost because he gave up, Galdiator gloated he owned Masterson, he fought hermes or just grabbed his ankle? Hyperion and Zefra and Juvan are they really Majestic speed lvl or even close consistently?

OneDumbG0
^ Sentry got whacked upside the head the first time and resorted to power in their rematch. You never read either of Thor's fights with Gladiator. Though Masterson Thor did actually counter Gladiator's superspeed attack. Hyperion's combat superspeed's been measured by the nanosecond. As for Zefra and Juvan, what does it matter? Because all of these characters have more superspeed showings than Thor. And Thor beat them.

So just because Majestic has more superspeed showings, doesn't mean Thor can't compete. Looking at Thor's career, it's been the exact opposite.

snowdragon
^ Sentry got whacked upside the head the first time and resorted to power in their rematch. You never read either of Thor's fights with Gladiator. Though Masterson Thor did actually counter Gladiator's superspeed attack. Hyperion's combat superspeed's been measured by the nanosecond. As for Zefra and Juvan, what does it matter? Because all of these characters have more superspeed showings than Thor. And Thor beat them.

So just because Majestic as more superspeed showings, doesn't mean Thor can't compete. Looking at Thor's career, it's been the exact opposite.

This is what I'm talking about, Thor has to few fights with high speed to believe he will consistantly counter Majestic in a fight.

I'm not going to highball lowball showings with speed of Thor, if you believe Thor can win, great. IMO I do not think he will win without his hammer.

Thor's fighting speed on average isn't close to Majestics.

OneDumbG0
This is what I'm talking about, Thor has to few fights with high speed to believe he will consistantly counter Majestic in a fight. Yeah, just nearly every fight against a speedster and a superspeedster.

How many fights does Majestic have where he overwhelms a high herald character like Thor who's consistently countered/defeated/outright embarrassed speedsters?

What's that? How many? Didn't quite get that? How many again?

snowdragon
Yeah, just nearly every fight against a speedster and a superspeedster.

How many fights does Majestic have where he overwhelms a high herald character like Thor who's consistently countered/defeated/outright embarrassed speedsters?

What's that? How many? Didn't quite get that? How many again?

He has to embarrass speedsters to out do Thor? Majestic took it to a what a battallion of Spartans who are all super speedsters.

Do you really want to bring in losses to mongoose and try to throw those aside then say he can consistently hang with Majestic speedwise?

Not to mention I specifically commented on the 3 scenarios, where do you think they fall?

OneDumbG0
^ Who has he embarrassed on Thor's level? On Thor's level with his career against speedsters?

He actually countered Mongoose. And sent him packing. Of course, here we come to it. Your opinion is obviously based on low showings. So does Wonder Woman being taken to task by Deathstroke mean she can't possibly deal with Superman? Do I have to bring up Majestic getting embarassed himself? Union comes to mind off the top of my head. What was Union's best speed feat? Deflecting bullets?

Obviously you think the only way a foe could have a chance against another foe is if they have equal speed feats. Unless they're also DC characters. How... original. Of course, that same kind of absolutist logic doesn't come to play when it comes to strength feats, durability feats, stamina feats, energy projection feats, versatlity, etc. Again... how... original.

Let me know what Thor-level character (with a career similar to Thor's career against speedsters) that Majestic's overwhelmed with his superspeed. Let me know. Again, who? What's that? Which guys? Who? Say, what?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry lost because he gave up,

Thor countered Sentry, he didn't just give up:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSentry1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSentry2.jpg

Galdiator gloated he owned Masterson,

Gladiator tried to use speed early on and Masterson handled it:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator4.jpg

He countered it the second time around as well:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator6.jpg

In the end, Kallark pounded on Masterson but any physical advantage played less of a role in that in comparison to his mental advantages. He was experienced, a warrior and perhaps most important of all, was more ferocious.

He fought hermes or just grabbed his ankle?

He grabbed Hermes' ankle once and snatched him out of his chariot the second time around.

Hyperion and Zefra and Juvan are they really Majestic speed lvl or even close consistently?

Zefra and Juvan are intended to be pretty fast but I don't think they were ever properly defined. Anyways, here you go:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ReactsZefra.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ReactsZuras2.jpg

They were obviously intended to be speedsters though:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ReactsZuras3.jpg

Hyperion like all Super types possesses the standard super fast nanosecond reaction time blah blah blah. His about on par with Gladiator. Anyways, Hyperion and Thor have had a few encounters, this probably best illustrates the speed advantage:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion5.jpg

Similar to the scene with Superman, a brief edge but something Thor quickly counters.

Tbf, under Busiek, Hyperion was beating a Mjolnir-less Thor in hand to hand but that was specifically because of a flight advantage. Busiek was always stuck in the Silver Age.

snowdragon
^ Who has he embarrassed on Thor's level? On Thor's level with his career against speedsters?

Here is a reality of comics, I HATE doing feat wars or saying who, what when, the reality is Majestic has like 300 comics, Thor has like 4500 I think it's fair to say there is more to pull from one side then the other.

You never answered my question, based on the 3 fights where do they stand.

It's a fact based on total showings Majestic is better with speed and ruthless with no problem killing.

Where does Thor fall in the 3 specific fight scenerios?

Also using Gladiator and Hyperion as examples aren't Majestic who would HARD handle both those tools.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's fighting speed on average isn't close to Majestics.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Majestic doesn't fly around speed blitzing everyone at nanosecond speeds or something, don't make the mistake of assuming that what you see in respect threads reflect what characters consistently do.

Thor isn't going to be at much more -if any- of a disadvantage speed wise in comparison Union, Spartan, Defile, Crusade, Hellspoint etc.

Out of curiosity, has Majestic ever speed blitzed anyone of note? If anyone wants to chime in, it'd be appreciated, trying to give the Warlord a fair case.

The closest scene that I can think of is when he predicted Spartan's teleportation, and even then, that incarnation went on to not only hold his own against Majestic, but beat him in hand to hand.

I'm not trying to lowball Majestic or anything, but he isn't the Flash. Heck, even the Flash isn't the Flash based on forum opinions.

OneDumbG0
Here is a reality of comics, I HATE doing feat wars or saying who, what when, the reality is Majestic has like 300 comics, Thor has like 4500 I think it's fair to say there is more to pull from one side then the other.

You never answered my question, based on the 3 fights where do they stand.

It's a fact based on total showings Majestic is better with speed and ruthless with no problem killing.

Where does Thor fall in the 3 specific fight scenerios?

Also using Gladiator and Hyperion as examples aren't Majestic who would HARD handle both those tools. You're the one focusing on low feats. How am I to be blamed when you get annoyed that Majestic has little to no feats against high herald foes like Thor who has a career against speedsters? Or that Majestic has also been embarrassed?

Yeah, like you never answered my questions that have been thrown at you from the beginning. Keep talking in circles. You're not deflecting from my arguments at all.

So are the speedsters that Thor has beaten. Newsflash. So are the speedsters that Thor has beaten.

Your deflections are boring, unoriginal, and... oh yeah... boring.

snowdragon
You're the one focusing on low feats. How am I to be blamed when you get annoyed that Majestic has little to no feats against high herald foes like Thor who has a career against speedsters? Or that Majestic has also been embarrassed?

Yeah, like you never asked my questions that have been thrown at you from the beginning. Keep talking in circles. You're not deflecting from my arguments at all.

So are the speedsters that Thor has beaten. Newsflash. So are the speedsters that Thor has beaten.

Your deflections are boring, unoriginal, and... oh yeah... boring.

I am not deflecting at all, I'm not answering you since I made my case early in this fight, Thor based on total showings isn't as speed oriented as Majestic.

You're pedantic pouting statements don't answer my question.

Out of the 3 fight scenerios what are your thoughts on the outcome?

OneDumbG0
^ Once again, newsflash: Thor wasn't as speed oriented as all the speedsters he's beaten either.

And your deflections don't serve to cover up the glaring gaps in your rhetoric or abject failure to do anything but lowball in a one-sided manner.

Keep deflecting. Majestic's non-existent fights where he overwhelms high heralds like Thor somehow trumps all of Thor's fights where he counters/defeats/outright embarrasses speedsters and superspeedsters. Yeah, I get it.

snowdragon
^ Thor wasn't as speed oriented as all the speedsters he's beaten either.

And your deflections don't serve to cover up the glaring gaps in our rhetoric or abject failure to do anything but lowball in a one-sided manner.

Keep deflecting. Majestic's non-existent fights where he overwhelms high heralds like Thor somehow trumps all of Thor's fights where he counters/defeats/outright embarrasses speedsters and superspeedsters. Yeah, I get it.

You are simply trying to manipulate me into an argument that I already stated the outcome to, you on the other hand have evaded it with every post.

It's a simple question you never answer out of all my posts, out of the 3 fights what are your opinions on the outcome?

Starscream M
ODG, most of thor's successes against speedsters can be attributed to PIS, which has no place on a forum fight.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Starscream M
ODG, most of thor's successes against speedsters can be attributed to PIS, which has no place on a forum fight.

HUGE BINGO score here.

OneDumbG0
ODG, most of thor's successes against speedsters can be attributed to PIS, which has no place on a forum fight. Wolverine fighting Thor is not PIS, of course. Welcome to Bizarro-world. Guess what? You never left. I like how Thor beating the overwhelming majority of the speedsters he's faced throuhout his career is PIS. Yeah... good job. Originally posted by snowdragon
You are simply trying to manipulate me into an argument that I already stated the outcome to, you on the other hand have evaded it with every post.

It's a simple question you never answer out of all my posts, out of the 3 fights what are your opinions on the outcome? No, you didn't. You've focused completely on speed feats and ironically have offered complete non-proof on account of Majestic's career of overwhelming Thor-like characters to counter Thor's career against speedsters.

Thanks again for highlighting how your obsession over speed feats ends up completely defeating your own rhetoric. Being a speedster means you win. Defeating speedsters doesn't mean anything because it's always PIS (unless you're a DC character). So original.

This isn't wordplay. This is cutting to the core of this horsesh1t. Just because you don't like the smell doesn't mean I'm the one serving it. I'm just the one pointing it out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
ODG, most of thor's successes against speedsters can be attributed to PIS, which has no place on a forum fight. Originally posted by snowdragon
HUGE BINGO score here.

Wow.

Let's at least pretend to be fair about this.

Starscream M
Wolverine fighting Thor is not PIS, of course. Welcome to Bizarro-world. Guess what? You never left. I like how Thor beating the overwhelming majority of the speedsters he's faced throuhout his career is PIS. Yeah... good job. Wolverine fighting thor is irrelevant to the speedster discussion, please remain on topic.

I would argue that in comics in general, when a speedster loses to someone much slower, that PIS is in play. So this isn't unique to Thor.

snowdragon
Wolverine fighting Thor is not PIS, of course. Welcome to Bizarro-world. Guess what? You never left. No, you didn't You've focused completely on speed feats and ironically have offered complete non-proof to counter Thor's career against speedsters.

Thanks again for highlighting how your obsession over speed feats ends up completely defeating your own rhetoric. Being a speedster means you win. Defeating speedsters doesn't mean anything because it's always PIS (unless you're a DC character). So original.

Who's deflecting here? I asked you out of the 3 scenerio's given by the original poster what do you see as the outcome?

I also said as a display over a character's career Majestic is far more geared to speed in fights then Thor. Thor has like 4500 showings and ppl use the same what 10 responses as a counter to speed. You don't find that to be odd in itself?

Stop out talking yourself and answer the simple question: given the fights with the standards set by the original poster what do you see as the outcome?

Mr Majestic vs Thor

vs

keeps Mjolnir

3. No weapons for either

In case you forgot since you like to argue rather then answer simple questions.

OneDumbG0
Who's deflecting here? I asked you out of the 3 scenerio's given by the original poster what do you see as the outcome?Jeez. Let me say it out loud: You are. You have been deflecting from every single argument I've presented to you over your insipid defenses that Majestic somehow must overwhelm Thor with his superspeed. Originally posted by snowdragon
I also said as a display over a character's career Majestic is far more geared to speed in fights then Thor. Thor has like 4500 showings and ppl use the same what 10 responses as a counter to speed. You don't find that to be odd in itself?Now I'm repeating myself: All the superspeed characters that Thor has defeated also were far more geared to speed in fights than Thor. And what did that mean when Thor beat them? Originally posted by snowdragon
Stop out talking yourself and answer the simple question: given the fights with the standards set by the original poster what do you see as the outcome? Keep deflecting. Majestic has no career of overwhelming high herald characters like Thor. Thor has a career of countering/defeating/outright embarrassing superspeedsters. Somehow, Thor gets overwhelmed. By non-feats. By a non-career. Faaaan-tastic. Somehow, what Majestic pretty much never does on-panel will happen in a vs forum despite what Thor consistently overcomes on-panel. Of course, this is my fault. Waah-waah.

snowdragon
Jeez. Let me say it out loud: You are. You have been deflecting from every single argument I've presented to you over your insipid defenses that Majestic somehow must overwhelm Thor with his superspeed. Now I'm repeating myself: All the superspeed characters that Thor has defeated also were far more geared to speed in fights than Thor. And what did that mean when Thor beat them? Keep deflecting. Majestic has no career of overwhelming high herald characters like Thor. Thor has a career of countering/defeating/outright embarrassing superspeedsters. Somehow, Thor gets overwhelmed. By non-feats. By a non-career. Faaaan-tastic.

Just answer the simple question:

Mr Majestic vs Thor

vs

keeps Mjolnir

3. No weapons for either

OneDumbG0
^ Running away from the argument leads nowhere. I suppose I was overly ambitious when I thought a constructive discussion was going to take place here. I should have realized it pages back when you kept citing to Majestic's imaginary and fake career of overwhelming high heralds like Thor with his superspeed when I mentioned Thor's long career of countering/defeating/outright embarrassing superspeedsters.

snowdragon
^ Running away from the argument leads nowhere. I suppose I was overly ambitious when I thought a constructive discussion was going to take place here. I should have realized it pages back when you kept citing to Majestic's imaginary and fake career of overwhelming high heralds like Thor with his superspeed when I mentioned Thor's long career of countering/defeating/outright embarrassing superspeedsters.

It's ironic that most of your defensive posting reflects best on your tactics to discuss a topic.

If it were just "super speed" then we could him and haw about how Thor does or doesn't handle it, however given the rest of Majestics abilities and attitude is where the fight starts and ends.

You chose to nit pick and never once answered the original poster's question, does that in fact make you a troll to the post when asked over and over again to respond to the initial thread topic?

OneDumbG0
^ What? That when you wanted to talk about feats, I started talking about Thor's entire career of feats against superspeedsters and somehow they don't count? Or that I started asking about Majestic's actual feats against high heralds like Thor and somehow they don't exist but that doesn't matter?

Whatever. You like to refuse to actually discuss the arguments at hand, repeat a thread's topic and pretend that your butt-hurt is a victimization and trolling.

This discussion is over. I'm bored.

snowdragon

This discussion is over. I'm bored.

We never even had a discussion, you never answered the question.

Also you're antogonistic name calling is the epitome of trolling.

I specifically stated why using absolute feats are worthless with the number of showings of each character, you need to keep up man.

OneDumbG0
^ I attempted to have a discussion. You brought up feats in the abstract, assuming I'd take your baseless crap at face value. I brought up on-panel feats, half-expecting you'd take those on-panel feats at face value (since y'know... they actually exist). Then you didn't want to discuss feats anymore. Hell, you didn't even have feats to discuss in the first place.

Waah.

snowdragon
^ I attempted to have a discussion. You brought up feats in the abstract. I brought up on-panel feats. Then you didn't want to discuss feats. Hell, you didn't even have feats to discuss in the first place.

Waah.

There wasn't a discussion to be had, you never answered the original posters question.

OneDumbG0
^ I countered all your limp statements. You attempted to defend them. Stress, "attempted." Now you're deflecting onto something that you didn't even bother to bring up a dozen posts after we began our discussion. As if that's what we were discussing the entire time.

Y'know that stinking pile or brown matter you've been shoveling for the last dozen posts? Yeah. Whatever. I've learned to walk away from it when it's stacked that high.

snowdragon
^ I countered all your limp statements. You attempted to defend them. Stress, "attempted." Now you're deflecting onto something that you didn't even bother to bring up a dozen posts after we began our discussion. As if that's what we were discussing the entire time.

Y'know that stinking pile or brown matter you've been shoveling for the last dozen posts? Yeah. Whatever. I've learned to walk away from it when it's stacked that high.

I don't even know what you are walking away from, you have attempted to troll with name calling, belittling etc and never answered the original posters question. I answered you several times and you just never got what you wanted since you wanted to argue I didn't.

Save you're psuedo intellect for real matters and not comics just answer the question.

OneDumbG0
^ He said this, he said that. Waah. We were starting to discuss feats. I like how you're pretending that you actually continued that discussion.

But yeah, this faux maturity you're trying to project over a comic conversation isn't predictable. Oh... we were talking about comics this entire time? My god. Thanks, Captain Obvious. That I'm mildly disappointed over the fact that you couldn't walk away from a conversation over superspeed, when you had superspeed feats thrown in your face and the lack of superspeed thrown in your face, without being some elitist snubbing his nose at the juvenile nature over the conversation isn't me being a bad guy.

It's the intarnetz. We've all been on it. I'm not expecting you to be graceful about it. I never should have, really. The pretending though; it's fairly obvious. And, once again, boring.

snowdragon
^ He said this, he said that. Waah. We were starting to discuss feats. I like how you're pretending that you actually continued that discussion.

But yeah, this faux maturity you're trying to project over a comic conversation isn't predictable. Oh... we were talking about comics this entire time? My god. Thanks, Captain Obvious. That I'm mildly disappointed over the fact that you couldn't walk away from a conversation over superspeed, when you had superspeed feats thrown in your face and the lack of superspeed thrown in your face, without being some elitist snubbing his nose at the juvenile nature over the conversation isn't me being a bad guy.

It's the intarnetz. We've all been on it. I'm not expecting you to be graceful about it. I never should have, really.

Once again, just answer the question.

OneDumbG0
^ Once again, pretend you ever had anything to discuss in the first place and be disappointed that you never actually did. That fact isn't my fault. And I wasn't the first, or the only one, who brought it up.

"Id"
I think we can all agree that the creation blades, are powerful as is. Adding any more properties to it, would be overkill.

Of the top of my mind, these blades ignore durability. They will cut through any matter. They pierced through an energy barrier like nothing. And that's where the second property comes into play. The ability to repeal any form of energy.

Thats why these weapons are soo dangerous under capable hands, like say Majestic.

Edit

Oh since we are on the topic of super speed countering. Lets get this one scenerio cleared.

Thor never countered Sentry while in a speed blitz. Yes he was hammer bashed, but that was Sentry walking up to him. Huge difference.

JakeTheBank
Jesus f'n Christ.

This forum loves super speed like Jerry Sandusky loves little boys.

Thor has a consistent history of countering/reacting to opponents with superspeed. He doesn't have random one off feats but a consistent history of it. He also has a history of reacting far beyond what the norm is for a human. Majestic doesn't have a history of using the legendary KMC "speed blitz/combo-to-ko/too fast to be hit" strategem on characters, let alone people on Thor's level or above. And yet...

We're supposed to abitrarily assume Thor will be relegated to his low end showings of speed feats and Majestic will be way damn too fast for Thor react and use speed he's, quite frankly, never used in the context of how people are arguing for him? And subsequently, all of Thor's speed feats or instances of faring well to outright beating people with explicit superspeed is PIS?

That's phucking retarded, sorry. Everything ODG said is correct on that front.

Mindset
Majestic.

Thor.

Toss up.

cdtm
keeps Mjolnir

3. No weapons for either

1. Maj, with ease.

2. Maj, with less ease.

3. Maj, with more ease than 2, but less ease than 1.

IMHO.

akhenaten

It's a simple question you never answer out of all my posts, out of the 3 fights what are your opinions on the outcome?

alright so if you dont want to answer him because he is avoiding your questions then answer me please, who did majestic beat that can be considered on thor level?

cdtm
alright so if you dont want to answer him because he is avoiding your questions then answer me please, who didmajestic beat that can be considered on thor level?

Helspont.

Plus, he basically toyed with Eradicator, and he's usually given Supes decent fights, not to mention what he did to Cyborg Superman.

"Id"
With the creation blades, he briefly no sold TAO w/God Powers. TAO at the time was clearly above the cream of the crop.

Than you have him embarrassing Kyle. Asking for his ring back.

akhenaten
Helspont.

Plus, he basically toyed with Eradicator, and he's usually given Supes decent fights, not to mention what he did to Cyborg Superman.

you could tell that to someone who didnt read majestic, problem is i did read so... he NEVER defeated helspont they never had a real serious fight just a trade couple hits and try to choke each other thats a joke fight

majestic never toyed with eradicator, in one fight eradicator dominated majestic until majestic defeated him with his heat vision, the other fight they had eradicator landed 2 solid shots on majestic and then majestic punch and bfr him momently and then they dont show what happened between them, if anything eradicator did much more impressive than majestic in all there fights

gives superman a fight? superman 1 shotted him

and what did he do to cyborg superman? when did they fight?

akhenaten
With the creation blades, he briefly no sold TAO w/God Powers. TAO at the time was clearly above the cream of the crop.

i know about his blade feats thats why i gave him the win over thor with the blades, however without them? thats a different story

Lol he just stole the ring from kyle so what kind of feat is it? is he going to steal mjolnir from thor? laughing

cdtm
you could tell that to someone who didnt read majestic, problem is i did read so... he NEVER defeated helspont they never had a real serious fight just a trade couple hits and try to choke each other thats a joke fight

Maj has feats outside of his series. Wildcats, mostly.

akhenaten
Maj has feats outside of his series. Wildcats, mostly.

it doesnt change the answers i gave on those feats

cdtm
It does when you're referencing his fight in Maj's solo series, when he and Helspont have fought before in Wildcats.

"Id"
i know about his blade feats thats why i gave him the win over thor with the blades, however without them? thats a different story

Lol he just stole the ring from kyle so what kind of feat is it? is he going to steal mjolnir from thor? laughing

Well you have to factor in that this topic asks a what if Majestic w/blades vs Thor. Naturally the fight against TAO should be brought up. I just didn't know if your specifically asking for just unarmed combat.

Its the same with Kyle. Its not to promote, hey will snatch Thor's mallet the way he took Kyle ring. But an off panel encounter with Kyle, ended with Majestros doing just that against an elite Lantern who many consider to be among Thor/Silver Surfers class.

akhenaten
would love to see those then , not as a questioning you but simply would love to see those , scans or issue number at least?

cdtm
It happened in the Team 1 run..

I'll try and dig them up, it's been awhile. ^_^

It's interesting how much they changed from that era to Majestics comic. Especially Helspont.

akhenaten
It happened in the Team 1 run..

I'll try and dig them up, it's been awhile. ^_^

thanks man smile

cdtm
Well you have to factor in that this topic asks a what if Majestic w/blades vs Thor. Naturally the fight against TAO should be brought up. I just didn't know if your specifically asking for just unarmed combat.

Its the same with Kyle. Its not to promote, hey will snatch Thor's mallet the way he took Kyle ring. But an off panel encounter with Kyle, ended with Majestros doing just that against an elite Lantern who many consider to be among Thor/Silver Surfers class.

True.

Kyle also wasn't working with a ring computer, though. Guy lost his yellow ring because of that limit, against a character he'd walk all over today.

akhenaten

this topic gives us 3 different fights and the blades is only in 1 of the 3 so thereare 2 more fights to discuss

i dont recal green lantern and majestic fighting all happened is majestic stole his ring , unless i am wrong then i would love to know when did they fight

cdtm
They never fought, at least on panel.

When Maj and Supes are having their talk in a diner, Supes kindly asks Maj to give back Kyles ring, but we don't know the details of how Maj took it.

akhenaten
They never fought, at least on panel.

When Maj and Supes are having their talk in a diner, Supes kindly asks Maj to give back Kyles ring, but we don't know the details of how Maj took it.

it sure was never stated they fought, and if they did fight and the ring was taken by force then green lantern would have know majestic has it, which leads us to the conclusion it was stolen

Rage.Of.Olympus
Helspont.

When did he beat Hellspont? Every fight between the two that I've seen has resulted in a stalemate.

He didn't "toy" with Eradicator. Majestros was able to beat him swiftly by reprogramming him but that doesn't mean anything against Thor, their physical encounters do. Pretty sure he did just that with Majestic.

Issue number or scans? If it did happen it must have been half way through World's End or what have you.

When making statements like that, it's very misleading for people who haven't read the scene. We have no idea what the situation was and how he took his ring. He could have swiped it when Kyle wasn't paying attention.

If we want to compare combat feats, Thor absolutely shits on Majestic, at least if I were to describe events that vaguely.

Ex: Thor absolutely wrecked the Infinity Watch along with Dr. Strange and the Silver Surfer. And then he at least stalemated Thanos in combat.

Context ftw.

Galan007
Issue number or scans? If it did happen it must have been half way through World's End or what have you. I believe he's referring to the events of WildCATS v5 #16. Majestic used dual creation blades to flay and completely incapacitate TAO. Granted, TAO had not yet gained the full Creation Equation from Max Faraday--however, he was still drastically amped, and powerful enough that he was easily owning both Spartan and Max simultaneously (which is insanely impressive.) In fact, the only way TAO overcame the blades was by having Max willingly remove them from his body.

Full scene:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2946/wc16008009.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/208/wc16010.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/381/wc16012.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5792/wc16013.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7254/wc16014.jpg
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8586/wc16017.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1046/wc16018.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5535/wc16019.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5769/wc16020.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5824/wc16021.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5836/wc16022.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks for the scans.

The creation blades were capable of disrupting the creation energy empowering Tao (Was it this effective specifically because of Tao's power set?) which is impressive but he had the advantage of surprise based on those scans and at no point did he no sell Tao.

Still impressive no doubt. I'm downloading the World's End era right now so I'll be able to catch up on any Majestic showings from that period.

Galan007
^ Yeah, I don't think anyone said Majestic didn't have the element of surprise on his side--he absolutely did. However, that doesn't diminish the feat where the swords are concerned. Oh and I'm curiouso: what's your definition of "no-sell"? Because imo, rendering a character completely incapacitated with a few swift blows could qualify as "no-selling" that character... /shrug

Either way, I don't think anyone (even you) is arguing that Thor could shrug off a direct attack with said blades. I think we're all in agreement that if said attack were successful, Thor would be flayed just like everyone else.

Good man thumb up. WildCATS was such a fun read.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^ Yeah, I don't think anyone said Majestic didn't have the element of surprise on his side..? Also, what's your definition of "no-sell"? Because imo, rendering a character completely incapacitated with a few swift blows could qualify as "no-selling" that character..

Either way, I don't think anyone (even you) is arguing that Thor could shrug off a direct attack with said blades. I think we're all in agreement that if said attack were successful, Thor would be flayed just like everyone else.

Good man thumb up. WildCATS was such a fun read.

When I think of no selling someone, I picture the Thor/Iron Man battle during JMS' run. Majestic punked him no doubt but I wouldn't call it no selling a character, particularly because he had advantage on his side. If Tao attacked Majestic to absolutely no effect before he charged him, then the definition would fit. At least as I understand it.

There's no doubt that the blades would be able to cut Thor. I never said otherwise.

Hopefully. I kind of gave up on Wildstorm right before that era.

Galan007
When I think of no selling someone, I picture the Thor/Iron Man battle during JMS' run. Majestic punked him no doubt but I wouldn't call it no selling a character, particularly because he had advantage on his side. If Tao attacked Majestic to absolutely no effect before he charged him, then the definition would fit. At least as I understand it.

There's no doubt that the blades would be able to cut Thor. I never said otherwise.

Hopefully. I kind of gave up on Wildstorm right before that era. I see what you're saying. I'm just thinking of what actually happened: 1.) Majestic (w/ the element of surprise) slices TAO's hands off. 2.) TAO talks some shit. 3.) Majestic shoves both swords down his throat. 4.) TAO is totally immobilized... I guess it doesn't really matter either way. It's semantics at this point. wink

Cool. I didn't think you had, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread much.

As a whole, WildCATS v5 was very enjoyable, imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I see what you're saying. I'm just thinking of what actually happened: 1.) Majestic (w/ the element of surprise) slices TAO's hands off. 2.) TAO talks some shit. 3.) Majestic shoves both swords down his throat. 4.) TAO is totally immobilized... I guess it doesn't really matter either way. It's semantics at this point. wink

Cool. I didn't think you had, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread much.

Fair enough. I'd just call it punking or owning instead of no selling. As that (At least to me) gives me the impression that the character retaliated to no effect. But whatever, like you said, semantics.

That's alright.

You better be right.

Badabing
facepalm

Someone reported a single poster 9 times, and the posts were over a day old.

I appreciate reports, but 9 separate reports within a few minutes for the same poster is too much.

It looks like there was a heated debate Friday/Saturday. I saw some antagonism but nothing too bad.

Galan007
I confess... I reported ODG just for the lulz.

I hate him so much. uhuh

Badabing
ohno

sneer

laughing out loud

The Nuul
But chumper is banned?

The Nuul
I confess... I reported ODG just for the lulz.

I hate him so much. uhuh

Reported 10 times.

"Id"
I see what you're saying. I'm just thinking of what actually happened: 1.) Majestic (w/ the element of surprise) slices TAO's hands off. 2.) TAO talks some shit. 3.) Majestic shoves both swords down his throat. 4.) TAO is totally immobilized... I guess it doesn't really matter either way. It's semantics at this point. wink

Fair enough. I'd just call it punking or owning instead of no selling. As that (At least to me) gives me the impression that the character retaliated to no effect. But whatever, like you said, semantics.

That's alright.

You better be right.

Right! nothing but Semantics.

Like Thor losing to Majestros in h2h. Thor has nothing to equalize the speed disadvantage, with all other factors stacking to each other or Majestros again edging out Odinson.

To build an arguments against it, would be dragged out into arguing semantic scenes which does little address Thor's short coming.

Point. Blank. Period.

Naija boy
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100107075639/marvel_dc/images/thumb/1/18/Majestic_%28World%27s_End%29.jpg/180px-Majestic_%28World%27s_End%29.jpg

vs

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090630111628/marveldatabase/images/thumb/c/c1/Thor_Vol_3_2_Textless_Delotto.jpg/250px-Thor_Vol_3_2_Textless_Delotto.jpg

keeps Mjolnir

3. No weapons for either

1- Majestic
2- Thor
3- majestic

the Darkone

vs

keeps Mjolnir

3. No weapons for either

1 Majestic
2 Thor
3 Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Right! nothing but Semantics.

Like Thor losing to Majestros in h2h. Thor has nothing to equalize the speed disadvantage, with all other factors stacking to each other or Majestros again edging out Odinson.

To build an arguments against it, would be dragged out into arguing semantic scenes which does little address Thor's short coming.

Point. Blank. Period.

Talking about the history of the two in regards to speed is semantics?

Okay then.

"Id"
Originally posted by Naija boy
1- Majestic
2- Thor
3- majestic
thumb up

Talking about the history of the two in regards to speed is semantics?

Okay then. http://i55.tinypic.com/350jkn8.jpg

cdtm
1 Majestic
2 With
3 Ease

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/bdruggan10r/animated/chuck-norris-thumbs-up.gif

"Id"
Originally posted by the Darkone
1 Majestic
2 Thor
3 Thor

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fGs3JIX7Hnc/TnzL6TpzuaI/AAAAAAAAE84/aMZbsoqO9Hk/s1600/thumbsdown.jpg

the Darkone
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fGs3JIX7Hnc/TnzL6TpzuaI/AAAAAAAAE84/aMZbsoqO9Hk/s1600/thumbsdown.jpg

Hey everybody has there own opinion!

Prep-Man
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/bdruggan10r/animated/chuck-norris-thumbs-up.gif

laughing out loud Nice!

the Darkone
1. I don't understand why giving Majestic a bladed weapon automatically means a win in the minds of others (Not necessarily in this thread). His faced everyone from the Executioner to an amped Perrikus. That being said, this can go either way. Probably leaning to Thor if he doesn't fight like a dumb brute but he'd be cut up something fierce.
2. Thor.
3. Stalemate.

Golgo13
Because someone with Majestic speed and a blade that will cut Thor like butter equals win for Majestic.

Horrificus
Thor has fought many, many super and "Godly" characters who had bladed weapons. he is still here.

Thor has been shown to have any speed, reaction and strength levels that he needs to fight an opponent. Regardless of the lack of in-depth descriptions of Thor's speed abilities, they have still be touched upon, commented upon and narrated upon in his books.

That being said, it is incorrect to discuss him as unable to deal with top-tier speedsters, even if he has not officially been labelled as one.

Thor is one of the most durable characters in comics. Period. We aren't talking about a cheesy healing factor. When Thor goes at it with a top-tier, he usually comes away with less damage, while his opponents are either healing quickly, or sleeping soundly.

As for strength and power go, it has been shown over and over, that there really are no limits to the strength levels he can achieve, the power levels he can access, or what he can do with that power.

Finally, Thor has, at least, thousands of years of experience as a warrior. Usually, when he has problems with an opponent, it is because he has become accustomed to holding back, since being sent to earth and humbled by Odin so many years ago.

Let's be honest, Thor is what Superman would be, if you gave Clark a magic hammer and access to vast, exotic and mystic powers.

Golgo13
Majestic is a whole new beast that Thor has faced, IMO. Yes, Thor has faced villains/heroes with weapons. But has Thor faced someone with Majestic's level of speed, intelligence, fighting ability, and strength to compare? If so, when?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor has fought many, many super and "Godly" characters who had bladed weapons. he is still here.

Thor has been shown to have any speed, reaction and strength levels that he needs to fight an opponent. Regardless of the lack of in-depth descriptions of Thor's speed abilities, they have still be touched upon, commented upon and narrated upon in his books.

That being said, it is incorrect to discuss him as unable to deal with top-tier speedsters, even if he has not officially been labelled as one.

Thor is one of the most durable characters in comics. Period. We aren't talking about a cheesy healing factor. When Thor goes at it with a top-tier, he usually comes away with less damage, while his opponents are either healing quickly, or sleeping soundly.

As for strength and power go, it has been shown over and over, that there really are no limits to the strength levels he can achieve, the power levels he can access, or what he can do with that power.

Finally, Thor has, at least, thousands of years of experience as a warrior. Usually, when he has problems with an opponent, it is because he has become accustomed to holding back, since being sent to earth and humbled by Odin so many years ago.

Let's be honest, Thor is what Superman would be, if you gave Clark a magic hammer and access to vast, exotic and mystic powers.

Superman is already Thor's equal.

ODG
Originally posted by Golgo13
Majestic is a whole new beast that Thor has faced, IMO. Yes, Thor has faced villains/heroes with weapons. But has Thor faced someone with Majestic's level of speed, intelligence, fighting ability, and strength to compare? If so, when? So long as you ask this question understanding that Thor's fought foes far closer to what Majestic brings to the table than Majestic's fought foes that were anything like Thor. It's not even debatable as to who would be more likely to be out of their depth here.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Horrificus

Let's be honest, Thor is what Superman would be, if you gave Clark a magic hammer and access to vast, exotic and mystic powers. Superman has never fought "godly" characters?

Mindship
1. Majestic gets his sword that can cut through virtually anything, Thor keeps Mjolnir

3. No weapons for either
1. Majestic, if Thor fights in his usual, mostly-brick fashion; Thor, if he uses Mjolnir to full potential.

2. Thor

3. Majestic, if he uses his speed more readily than Superman does. Otherwise...CDO (circumstance determined outcome), but leaning toward Thor because of his damage soak.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Mindship
1. Majestic, if Thor fights in his usual, mostly-brick fashion; Thor, if he uses Mjolnir to full potential.

2. Thor

3. Majestic, if he uses his speed more readily than Superman does. Otherwise...CDO (circumstance determined outcome), but leaning toward Thor because of his damage soak.
100%thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.