KMC Award for Best Voice Talent in a Action Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
There are so many talents to choose from, but to me, personally, if all boils down to three people: David Hayter (Solid Snake/Big Boss), TC Carson (Kratos), and D.C. Douglas (Albert Wesker). Who has the best voice (English or Japanese)?

General Kaliero
Oh boy, tough one. Roger Craig Smith for his work as Ezio (and Nolan North for Desmond, though less great). Jennifer Hale as femShep. Rob Wiethoff as John Marsten. Matthew Porretta as Alan Wake.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Oh boy, tough one. Roger Craig Smith for his work as Ezio (and Nolan North for Desmond, though less great). Jennifer Hale as femShep. Rob Wiethoff as John Marsten. Matthew Porretta as Alan Wake.

Speaking of Smith and Hale, he did Chris Redfield in RE5, and she did Naomi Hunter in MGS 1, Twin Snakes and 4.

General Kaliero
Oh yeah, Smith did Chris too. Been ages since I played RE5. Hale shines in just about every role she plays.

Snafu the Great
Honorrable Mention:

1. Richard Doyle - Old Big Boss
2. Liam Neeson - James (Fallout 3)
3. Kevin Sorbo - Hercules
4. Malcolm McDowell - Dadelaus (GoW3), President Eden (Fallout 3)

Morridini
Who did Leon Kennedy in RE4?

I find it very hard to distinguish the voice actor from the characters themselves, I love Nathan Drake, but that doesn't necesarily make Nolan the best one, so it's pretty hard to choose.

Phanteros
Nolan North
Roger Craig Smith
Yuri
Rob Wiethoff

Honorably mentions:

Rip Torn: Hephaestus(GOW3) and Zeus(Disney's Hercules)

Snafu the Great
Paul Mercier did Leon's voice in both RE4 and Degeneration

NemeBro
MARK MEER GOD OF THE VOICE ACTORS FOR HIS PORTRAYAL OF CAPTAIN SHEPARD.

Or Armin Shimerman for Andrew Ryan. no expression

BloodRawEngine
Whoever did the voice work for Dante in Dante's Inferno. That guy had probably the best battle cries I heard in an action game.

NemeBro
Originally posted by NemeBro
MARK MEER GOD OF THE VOICE ACTORS FOR HIS PORTRAYAL OF CAPTAIN SHEPARD.

Or Armin Shimerman for Andrew Ryan. no expression Holy shit I said Captain Shepard? Damn, I suck. no expression

Morridini
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Paul Mercier did Leon's voice in both RE4 and Degeneration

Thanks for the info.

Also, I love Claudia Black's voice, don't know how many games she has been voiceacting though.

RE: Blaxican
Mark Meer ftw.

Christopher Lee. As... that guy from Kingdom Hearts.

Peach
Yuri Lowenthal, Robin Atkin Downes, Nolan North, Steve Blum, Kari Wahlgren...lots of awesome voice actors.

menokokoro
I really like Quinton Flynn. but not the most for raiden, i really like his performance as Keal'thas Sunstrider. and then there is Phil LaMarr, i know i seem bias for this, since he is another voice actor for mgs (as vamp) but im pretty critical of this sort of thing, and he did an excellent job as vamp.

NemeBro
Phil LaMarr is awesome.

Whoops, I forgot to mention the all time greatest VA.

Keith. Mutha****ing David.

Objectively the best. You can guys can argue your inferior opinions now.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Objectively the best. You can guys can argue your inferior opinions now. Keith David is pretty boss.

As Admiral Anderson and stuff. Oh and Chaos.

Snafu the Great
Forgot about Allyson Court and Sally Cahill. They played Claire Redfield and Ada Wong, respectively.

menokokoro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Objectively the best. You can guys can argue your inferior opinions now. he is awesome it is true. but is that talent? he doesn't really change much, his voice is already awesome...which i guess IS talent. but Phil LaMarr....just awesome, i wish i could find this video, but he talked about when he was trying out for vamp, and about how he had to transition to that voice....i about crapped my pants listening to it

edit: huh, had another go at finding the vid, and...there it was lol.

just start it at :50...frikin awesome!

vCvFxf-KNd4

NemeBro
Phil LaMarr does have a good deal of range.

Cyner
Jennifer Hale in the Metroid Prime series

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Cyner
Jennifer Hale in the Metroid Prime series
While I love Jennifer and I love Metroid Prime, I wouldn't really call her occasional grunts and cries great voice talent. Which is why I laud her for Mass Effect instead.

Keith David and Phil LaMarr are both great.

Come to think of it, let's give Peter Cullen a hand for a semi-new take on Optimus Prime in War for Cybertron.

menokokoro
yes! agree, i love his voice acting

Ridley_Prime
While I love Jennifer and I love Metroid Prime, I wouldn't really call her occasional grunts and cries great voice talent. Which is why I laud her for Mass Effect instead.
Very true, though what about Jessica Martin in Other M? mmm

§P0oONY
Visari - Killzone 2

Kiby2RBvFeE

Dark Exile

Keith David and Phil LaMarr are both great.

Come to think of it, let's give Peter Cullen a hand for a semi-new take on Optimus Prime in War for Cybertron.

She will always be bastila shan to me.

AsbestosFlaygon
Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort smile

DarkC
Arbiter's voice in Halo 2/3.

Keith David yo. Also,

RAMIREZ! DESTROY THAT APC WITH YOUR FISTS!

RAMIREZ! TAKE THAT ROPE AND CRASH THAT ATTACK CHOPPER!

RAMIREZ! THOUSANDS OF RUSSIANS ARE INVADING WASHINGTON DC. SAVE BURGER TOWN!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.