was anakin always inside vader all along?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I think he was. All the way till his death. Padme knew it. So did Luke.

What do you think?

In ep.3 I remember yoda telling obi wan that the boy you knew, gone he is, to the darkside.

Sith Master X
I always looked at Vader as the victim instead of the villain.

Maybe not so much in Episode 4 and 5, but by the end of ROTJ, it's clear that Vader with the black suit and helmet was nothing more than a shell that disguised the genuine, light sided human being underneath it.

I don't think he was "redeemed," but "rediscovered." You can't redeem yourself after the sort of things he did, but you can die knowing who you are and what matters most. Vader did that because of Luke. It comes down to one line of dialogue actually...

"That name no longer has any meaning for me." Luke helps rediscover Anakin by proving to him that it was "the name of his former self he had only forgotten."

"Tell your sister....you were right." He was still Anakin, and there was good in him all along.

~JP~
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I always looked at Vader as the victim instead of the villain.

Maybe not so much in Episode 4 and 5, but by the end of ROTJ, it's clear that Vader with the black suit and helmet was nothing more than a shell that disguised the genuine, light sided human being underneath it.

I don't think he was "redeemed," but "rediscovered." You can't redeem yourself after the sort of things he did, but you can die knowing who you are and what matters most. Vader did that because of Luke. It comes down to one line of dialogue actually...

"That name no longer has any meaning for me." Luke helps rediscover Anakin by proving to him that it was "the name of his former self he had only forgotten."

"Tell your sister....you were right." He was still Anakin, and there was good in him all along.

+1

steverules_2
Don't get why Obi-Wan and Yoda couldn't see that, it's like they just gave up on him

queeq
THey are one and the same... it's not like Anakin vaporised, just his good side (whenever he had that, prolly when he was ten or so) was gone. He was an agent of evil unable to turn back. Yoda and OB1 couldn't turn back. I think it was just love of a son tha brought Vader back... and love (attachment) to an individual is not the Jedi way. But it was Luke's way... he is the true chosen one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.