Wolverine vs two Predators and Two Aliens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Can wolverine handle it?

0mega Spawn
stalemate... wolverine kills them eventually... predators use self destruct wrist bomb... completely annihilating everything and wolverine.

carver9
Fight take place in a jungle.

Uriel005
wolverine... HF and a two ton upper limit on strength... Acid does nothing and eventually neutralizes and adamantium likely doesn't get effected. Predators come in for the kill after zapping him a few dozen times with plasma cannons and he gets up after heal and cuts through their wrist blades and owns them. Wolverine has sharper senses than predators IMO and his jungle warfare is almost on par with Rambo.

carver9
Originally posted by Uriel005
wolverine... HF and a two ton upper limit on strength... Acid does nothing and eventually neutralizes and adamantium likely doesn't get effected. Predators come in for the kill after zapping him a few dozen times with plasma cannons and he gets up after heal and cuts through their wrist blades and owns them. Wolverine has sharper senses than predators IMO and his jungle warfare is almost on par with Rambo.

Doesn't each character get common knowledge of each other? With that said, why would the predators get close to him and they know that he have a healing factor?

twizzlers713
i feel like wolverine would be able to take em

Uriel005
Originally posted by carver9
Doesn't each character get common knowledge of each other? With that said, why would the predators get close to him and they know that he have a healing factor?
Predator CIS have to take trophy. Also even barring that Wolverine will still likely out jungleplay them.

Parmaniac
I would love to see the Pred trying to get Wolverines head for a trophy, his face when he realizes that he's unable to cut/rip the head off would be priceless.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I would love to see the Pred trying to get Wolverines head for a trophy, his face when he realizes that he's unable to cut/rip the head off would be priceless.

Could try just skinning him. Though I think the other preds would think whoever caught Logan was cheating as they have an unlimited skin source.

the ninjak
Once Logan dispatches the Alien he gets blasted when the two Predators claim their prize he snikts one of em.

The other blasts Logan again and tears out the skull and spine.

5 mins later Logan regenerates and kills the Predator and friends on the spaceship and scores tech for Utopia to play with.

The Nuul
Superman even had a hard time against the Predators.

Batman > Pred > Superman > Wolverine.

the ninjak
Fair enough.

Dum Dum Dugan
alien would not be any sort of theart to wolverine, he beaten marvel version of them in the dozens before. predator could be a problem, however what level are they? Elders pack some mean shit.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
alien would not be any sort of theart to wolverine, he beaten marvel version of them in the dozens before. predator could be a problem, however what level are they? Elders pack some mean shit. aliens' acid could pose a problem for logan...it might dissolve his adamantium bones

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
aliens' acid could pose a problem for logan...it might dissolve his adamantium bones
there is no evidence what so ever that it could damage adamatium, that is an extremely far fetched idea that they could some how destroy unbreakable metal.

Starscream M
there is no evidence what so ever that it could damage adamatium, that is an extremely far fetched idea that they could some how destroy unbreakable metal. acid corrodes metal...do you not understand that? why is it farfetched?

this is not about breaking...it's about dissolving. very different concepts.

The Nuul
Thats typical metal, theres no evidence to suggest that it can corrode special metals on the same level as AD. The metals that the Preds use are not on the same level as AD.

Dum Dum Dugan
acid corrodes metal...do you not understand that? why is it farfetched?

this is not about breaking...it's about dissolving. very different concepts.
because acid has never been able to damage adamatium before, but all of a sudden it can now? Also whta don't you understand about the word "unbreakable".

dessolving something is still breaking it. and it won't work, as usual you throw out absurd claims with zero evidence backing them.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by The Nuul
Thats typical metal, theres no evidence to suggest that it can corrode special metals on the same level as AD. The metals that the Preds use are not on the same level as AD. thumb up

Dum Dum Dugan
Thats typical metal, theres no evidence to suggest that it can corrode special metals on the same level as AD. The metals that the Preds use are not on the same level as AD.
even then, they have shown resistance's to the acid.

The Nuul
But since this is Bruce, hes probably trolling again.

Dum Dum Dugan
true enough.

Starscream M
because acid has never been able to damage adamatium before, but all of a sudden it can now? Also whta don't you understand about the word "unbreakable".

dessolving something is still breaking it. and it won't work, as usual you throw out absurd claims with zero evidence backing them. lol

dissolving metal is breaking down the atomic bonds...very different from physically breaking the metal

I'm not saying it will def work...I said it's a viable threat.

Starscream M
Thats typical metal, theres no evidence to suggest that it can corrode special metals on the same level as AD. The metals that the Preds use are not on the same level as AD. and theres no evidence adamantium has special resistance against acid

Dum Dum Dugan
lol

dissolving metal is breaking down the atomic bonds...very different from physically breaking the metal

I'm not saying it will def work...I said it's a viable threat.

Not really, it burns through them metal similarly to what lava can do. It burning through the objects and is breaking it.

No it not at all, it just you coming up with ideas that would never work and pretending they would.

Dum Dum Dugan
and theres no evidence adamantium has special resistance against acid
It "unbreakable" and has survived acid easily, molten melt ect.

The Nuul
I'm sure there is a scan somewhere that he has it has been tested again acid of some kind, Battle?

Parmaniac
The Deathlocks in the future killed Wolverine (in the future) with acid but the skeleton was unharmed IIRC.

Dum Dum Dugan
I'm sure there is a scan somewhere that he has it has been tested again acid of some kind, Battle?
There might be in the respect thread. During house of M he was hit with acid, and he drank acid one time as well if not mistaken and I pretty sure there another few times as well.

Starscream M
The Deathlocks in the future killed Wolverine (in the future) with acid but the skeleton was unharmed IIRC. ok, if that's the case I guess the acid won't be a factor then.

I didn't know whether his adamantium skeleton has ever come into contact with acid.

iceman24567
Acid? Seriously?

tideoftime
Hmmm...

Narratively, Wolverine would win.

However, with "Fair Knowledge", and non-jobbing Aliens/Predators, this really doesn't look good for Logan. The Aliens can cause a least moderate damage/harm, and in those seconds/minutes, the two Preds can take advantage. The whole "they come up on him and he guts them" scenario put forth by others in above posts is just ludicrous -- with fair knowledge, that isn't going to happen. If they incapacitate him, even for a moment or two (which is entirely possible, especially with a stunning/electrical attack), they can fillet/dissolve him, leaving an adamantium skeleton as a trophy.

Can Logan get a good number of wins? Certainly. But any great majority/slam results in his favor implies jobbing on Team's part.

A/P Team: 6/10

Now, if the setting were different/circumstances alterable, then Logan can shift things for his majority. But using Forum Rules/ranges, in a jungle setting (as Carv later posted it was a jungle), just favors the Team in the long run. Will some of them die? Of course. But odds are Logan will go down, as well, long enough to be neutralized.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by tideoftime
Hmmm...

Narratively, Wolverine would win.

However, with "Fair Knowledge", and non-jobbing Aliens/Predators, this really doesn't look good for Logan. The Aliens can cause a least moderate damage/harm, and in those seconds/minutes, the two Preds can take advantage. The whole "they come up on him and he guts them" scenario put forth by others in above posts is just ludicrous -- with fair knowledge, that isn't going to happen. If they incapacitate him, even for a moment or two (which is entirely possible, especially with a stunning/electrical attack), they can fillet/dissolve him, leaving an adamantium skeleton as a trophy.

Can Logan get a good number of wins? Certainly. But any great majority/slam results in his favor implies jobbing on Team's part.

A/P Team: 6/10

Now, if the setting were different/circumstances alterable, then Logan can shift things for his majority. But using Forum Rules/ranges, in a jungle setting (as Carv later posted it was a jungle), just favors the Team in the long run. Will some of them die? Of course. But odds are Logan will go down, as well, long enough to be neutralized.
Aliens won't be of much good. There extremely dumb, they won't listen to any sort of plan, they just run into the jungle and get merked. Wolverine can and rather easily ambush them. The only threats here are the predators. Wolverine knows there abilities as well. He will use ambush tactic, and electric attacks have had little to no effect on him, as have stun attacks, so they wont be of much help. Thats assume they cna even land the shots

Parmaniac
TBH the only way I see the team winning is if the Preds use their Plasma cannons properly and tax out the HF otherwise I think they will fall sooner or later.

Wolverine2006
Wolverine

Starscream M
Wolverine knows there abilities as well. really...how?

Dum Dum Dugan
really...how?
basic knowledge goes both ways.........

Parmaniac
And I'm pretty sure he watched their movies too. dur

Starscream M
basic knowledge goes both ways......... this fight also depends on what level preds they are

if these are two elder preds....logan's phucked

Dum Dum Dugan
this fight also depends on what level preds they are

if these are two elder preds....logan's phucked
Yes which I already stated that. However based on the fact him simply said predator, I think it save to assume he means the standard ones, which are far less impressive.

Uriel005

Also Adamantium has been called the indestructible metal and I think the government would have tested for acid and bases for their effect on the stuff. Also if some of the attacks that have hit logan haven't done it by now some free floating hydrogen atoms aren't going to do it either.

Black bolt z
Wolverine.Not by much though.

Omega Vision
In a comic I see Wolverine getting buttraped by a single Pred, only to absolutely smoke an entire hunting party along with an army of Aliens during the rematch.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Omega Vision
In a comic I see Wolverine getting buttraped by a single Pred, only to absolutely smoke an entire hunting party along with an army of Aliens during the rematch.
with a team no less to boot, but then by himself he shit stomp mad of them. He sometimes getts little down played on teams.

It happens to most "team badasses" and to people like superman. It to make the new threat look badass.

Omega Vision
with a team no less to boot, but then by himself he shit stomp mad of them. He sometimes getts little down played on teams.
I've also noticed that Predators and Aliens function that way, in their first strike they're absolutely devastating, but if you can survive the first few encounters you make them your *****.

Dum Dum Dugan
I've also noticed that Predators and Aliens function that way, in their first strike they're absolutely devastating, but if you can survive the first few encounters you make them your *****.
true, isent that would pretty much happened to Batman as well? At first he was getting worked, but ended up owning the predator.

Omega Vision
true, isent that would pretty much happened to Batman as well? At first he was getting worked, but ended up owning the predator.
I don't remember Batman vs Predator all that well, but in Batman vs Aliens he was rather consistent in his fights with the aliens, he'd struggle for a bit but ultimately defeat the aliens either through a gadget or use of his environment.

Xenomorph acid was described as the most corrosive substance in their universe, it could burn through meters of metal. whether or not it could destroy adamantium is irresolvable as neither the acid nor the metal are typical in any way, I personally dont think it can.

Regardless, it could certainly disolve all the organs in his thoracic and abdominal cavities, and very quickly at that, ending the battle with a temp death. If it's poured over his head it could sink into his skull through forami and liquify the brain for permanent death. Aliens, who are actually plenty smart, have deliberately used the acid as an offense weapon and as means to manipulate their environment before, and the predators could certainly figure that out.

If they all fight smart, logan loses. His stealth would be useless and he's outnumbered. The aliens are very tough fighters and the chemical retaliations imposed by their injuries would be severe, specially against an enemy that depends entirely on CQC. On top of all that, the predators have plasma cannons and hand carried nukes.

I've also noticed that Predators and Aliens function that way, in their first strike they're absolutely devastating, but if you can survive the first few encounters you make them your *****. Well, that is PIS isn't it?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Well, that is PIS isn't it?
Probably.

jalek moye
Originally posted by 753
Well, that is PIS isn't it?

yea but which way?

carver9
These are elder predators... the best of the best and they have ALL off their tech.

iceman24567
^Thats harsh and rape Wolverine stands no chance

StiltmanFTW

You might want to read Aaron's Weapon X.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
^Thats harsh and rape Wolverine stands no chance

I wanted to say one elder and one standard but it was too late. Ill pm bada.

psycho gundam
The Deathlocks in the future killed Wolverine (in the future) with acid but the skeleton was unharmed IIRC. you'd think bruce would have argued that happening, but no, he haaad to choose adamanium

Uriel005
Originally posted by 753
Xenomorph acid was described as the most corrosive substance in their universe, it could burn through meters of metal. whether or not it could destroy adamantium is irresolvable as neither the acid nor the metal are typical in any way, I personally dont think it can.

Regardless, it could certainly disolve all the organs in his thoracic and abdominal cavities, and very quickly at that, ending the battle with a temp death. If it's poured over his head it could sink into his skull through forami and liquify the brain for permanent death. Aliens, who are actually plenty smart, have deliberately used the acid as an offense weapon and as means to manipulate their environment before, and the predators could certainly figure that out.

If they all fight smart, logan loses. His stealth would be useless and he's outnumbered. The aliens are very tough fighters and the chemical retaliations imposed by their injuries would be severe, specially against an enemy that depends entirely on CQC. On top of all that, the predators have plasma cannons and hand carried nukes.

Acids are based on hydrogen ions breaking bonds and attaching to the freed atoms. Predators have weapons that can handle the acid though it must be difficult for them to procure as they do not standard equip them even on a xenomorph hunt and are inevitably faced with the derp derp of their wrist blades melting from the acidic blood. But thats besides the point I doubt anything the predators have is as durable as Logans skeleton and he should be able to deal with the xenos scum easily enough.

1. Xenomorphs are awesome.

2. Haven't ever seen any material in the crossovers that can actually tank the acid.

3. His bones aren't all that imposrtant because Wolverine is mostly flesh and can be defeated through damage done to that flesh by acid, talons, blades or plasma cannons. The damage output in this crowd is more than it would take to put him down as regeneration from substantial loss of mass takes a long time.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Uriel005
Acids are based on hydrogen ions breaking bonds and attaching to the freed atoms. I'm pretty sure we can throw away RL physics here, otherwise acid could kill almost EVERYONE in comics.

jinzin
Oy....

Alright I can't stand watching this crap anymore... There's a LOT that needs to be cleared up in this thread.

First off. We've seen Predator equipment that can handle Alien acid to a fairly decent degree so it's pretty clear that while Aliens can burn (decompose) their way through most substances, they can't burn their way through every substance.

Besides that we know that you can use products like stainless steel in order to contain/transport things like hydrosulfurics. Adamantium treats steel like hot butter.

As someone as already mentioned acids have been used on Wolverine's skeleton already and while his flesh dissolved his skeleton did not.
As someone else mentioned, his bones have been described as unbreakable.. and proven to be against countless types of attacks, strains, and tests. If his skeleton was so easy to dissolve with acid I think it would have been attempted by now.

Second... I've never understood why... and I never will... so many people hear "elder predator" and suddenly become under this trance that whatever they're fighting has no chance of victory. It's hilarious to me.
Elder predators are not gods of combat. They're just competent fighters as well as seasoned hunters.
That's something that has to be accounted for in this thread. Predators are not typically well versed in one on one combat, they're hunters.
Even Shorty who was a bug-hunt vet got his shit kicked in by Machiko a 5 foot 4 100 poun asian girl with a brown belt in unarmed 1on1 combat.
Now while the average predator can overpower, and out muscle your typical human, even your above average humans like dutch or his brother, none of those guys even comes close to being a physical threat to guys like Wolverine, Daredevil, Cap etc.... Even without powers Wolverine has one shot guys who make the Shaefer brothers look tiny by comparison, as DDD said before, he slings them arround like pillows.
When it comes to actually having to fight, Aliens are the cream of the crop for most hunters but even then look at some of their best warriors.
The Elder Broken tusk could take down what 5 or 6 aliens in combat and that was some feat for a predator. Maybe one of the best to date because other seasoned hunters like
Light Stepper (one handed pred) or Wolf (Avpr) couldn't take 1 damned predalien without serious issue in 1on1 combat.
Then you have novelizations and comics that have elders DIE in one on one combat with regular Xeno's...

I mean I guess that taking out Aliens is supposed to be impressive but with Wolverine's powers I'm fairly confident that he would run wild on a number of them before going down. Look at his fight with the N'garai nation. He went to town on their entire brood who are all physically endowed enough to take on guys like Hulk or run through the best the danger room could offer with no resistance at all.

If you look at the best feats a predator can offer in skill, it comes off like a bare minimum of street level riffraff like Night Thrasher, nevermind street kings like Deadpool, or hell even Moonknight.

Finally as for the fight, CIS included, Aliens have a natural hostile response to Predators created by millions of years of evolution. Even though Wolverine is in the area they'll be more naturally inclined to attack the predators.

All that said, IF for some reason in this particular thread CIS doesn't apply to the AVP feud, then the hunters can win this.
All they have to do is sit back and wait for the Xeno's to attack Wolverine, then blast the Xeno's to hell spraying acid all over Wolves. That sets him up for a series of plasma blasts... and if he's still up after that they can end the fight by cutting him down with their nodachis. Luckly for them Predator weaponry is practically designed to deal with Wolverine by bleeding him out which would be fairly easy to do after all the aforementioned damage.
They can win this, but only by playing to their strengths and it isn't because ZOMG ELDERZ R UBER!1!
However, if they for some reason end up caught in a brawl with Wolverine up close, if he uses his senses to counter ambush them (as Aliens have done in the past) and draw them in close quarters, they're all phucked and they will be cut down just like the N'garai were.

iceman24567
No matter how you put it Wolverine would get anal probed by two Elder Preds with all their tech

King Castle
i'm not sure what an Elder predator brings to the table that other's dont other then experience and being older with some "old man muscle strength"

i mean can some one tell me what gear he would bring that Logan wouldnt confront from your standard Predator?

so far i am thinking:

lance
net
cloak
retractable claw
plasma cannon
laser net sticky wall tech

Omega Vision
I'm pretty sure Elder Preds are to most Preds what Batman is to most humans.

Or something like that anyway.

King Castle
i only read a few comic stories with predators including the Batman crossover..

the terminator/predators/alien..

the JLA predator

the Darkhorse mini series predator title just the 1st 4 issues.

not sure i seen anything special about them but my source material is limited.

Omega Vision
I don't know if crossover comics would be the best things to go by.

King Castle
the crossover's would give it a far better chance then the Darkhorse continuity ones... imo from what i seen

Elder Predator Batman!!!

or

Elder Predator FLash

big grin

wolverine loses, that's just it. they're too much for him , hand ninja dont bleed acid or shoot plasma blasts

Deadline
I would love to see the Pred trying to get Wolverines head for a trophy, his face when he realizes that he's unable to cut/rip the head off would be priceless. laughing

Don't see why he can't win though.

Omega Vision
That's simply remedied, just build a wall around Wolverine's skull, with his skeleton sticking out the other end.

psycho gundam
No matter how you put it Wolverine would get anal probed by two Elder Preds with all their tech he'll just heal

canadian tech anal probe > predator tech anal probe (he can probe two predators at the same time, 3 probes per anus)

(no homo on the whole thing)

jinzin
No matter how you put it Wolverine would get anal probed by two Elder Preds with all their tech
Originally posted by 753
wolverine loses, that's just it. they're too much for him , hand ninja dont bleed acid or shoot plasma blasts
This is EXACTLY the kind of crap I'm talking about.

Elders with all their tech rape Wolverine? What makes you so sure?

Have you been reading comics I haven't?
Did you catch a movie I somehow missed?

What exactly do you think an Elder Pred brings to the table that makes them so superior?

Because I can tell you flat out that the standard EQ for a Pred is pretty much the same their entire life and that the most fully stocked Predator we've seen to date as been the Wolf from AVPR and that was AFTER he snatched a bunch of crap off his dead ally so it was hardly "standard" gear.

In fact, there's actually evidence suggesting that Elder Preds begin stripping themselves of the need for tech at a certain point and rely more on their skills instead.

The only time we've seen anything even remotely close to being far outside the Predator "norm" in terms of gear is when Topknot and a platoon of Predators were using shoulder canons, wrist mounted canons, and a plasma rifles in tandum during a Predator Wartime.... Wartime being what was described as the ONLY time they bring such gear to a fight.

So no, Wolverine up against two predators may be a hard fight for him to win.... well... harder anyways... but they don't get an autowin for phantom tech that's for damned sure. no expression

jinzin
Originally posted by jinzin
Oy....

Alright I can't stand watching this crap anymore... There's a LOT that needs to be cleared up in this thread.

First off. We've seen Predator equipment that can handle Alien acid to a fairly decent degree so it's pretty clear that while Aliens can burn (decompose) their way through most substances, they can't burn their way through every substance.

Besides that we know that you can use products like stainless steel in order to contain/transport things like hydrosulfurics. Adamantium treats steel like hot butter.

As someone as already mentioned acids have been used on Wolverine's skeleton already and while his flesh dissolved his skeleton did not.
As someone else mentioned, his bones have been described as unbreakable.. and proven to be against countless types of attacks, strains, and tests. If his skeleton was so easy to dissolve with acid I think it would have been attempted by now.

Second... I've never understood why... and I never will... so many people hear "elder predator" and suddenly become under this trance that whatever they're fighting has no chance of victory. It's hilarious to me.
Elder predators are not gods of combat. They're just competent fighters as well as seasoned hunters.
That's something that has to be accounted for in this thread. Predators are not typically well versed in one on one combat, they're hunters.
Even Shorty who was a bug-hunt vet got his shit kicked in by Machiko a 5 foot 4 100 poun asian girl with a brown belt in unarmed 1on1 combat.
Now while the average predator can overpower, and out muscle your typical human, even your above average humans like dutch or his brother, none of those guys even comes close to being a physical threat to guys like Wolverine, Daredevil, Cap etc.... Even without powers Wolverine has one shot guys who make the Shaefer brothers look tiny by comparison, as DDD said before, he slings them arround like pillows.
When it comes to actually having to fight, Aliens are the cream of the crop for most hunters but even then look at some of their best warriors.
The Elder Broken tusk could take down what 5 or 6 aliens in combat and that was some feat for a predator. Maybe one of the best to date because other seasoned hunters like
Light Stepper (one handed pred) or Wolf (Avpr) couldn't take 1 damned predalien without serious issue in 1on1 combat.
Then you have novelizations and comics that have elders DIE in one on one combat with regular Xeno's...

I mean I guess that taking out Aliens is supposed to be impressive but with Wolverine's powers I'm fairly confident that he would run wild on a number of them before going down. Look at his fight with the N'garai nation. He went to town on their entire brood who are all physically endowed enough to take on guys like Hulk or run through the best the danger room could offer with no resistance at all.

If you look at the best feats a predator can offer in skill, it comes off like a bare minimum of street level riffraff like Night Thrasher, nevermind street kings like Deadpool, or hell even Moonknight.

Finally as for the fight, CIS included, Aliens have a natural hostile response to Predators created by millions of years of evolution. Even though Wolverine is in the area they'll be more naturally inclined to attack the predators.

All that said, IF for some reason in this particular thread CIS doesn't apply to the AVP feud, then the hunters can win this.
All they have to do is sit back and wait for the Xeno's to attack Wolverine, then blast the Xeno's to hell spraying acid all over Wolves. That sets him up for a series of plasma blasts... and if he's still up after that they can end the fight by cutting him down with their nodachis. Luckly for them Predator weaponry is practically designed to deal with Wolverine by bleeding him out which would be fairly easy to do after all the aforementioned damage.
They can win this, but only by playing to their strengths and it isn't because ZOMG ELDERZ R UBER!1!
However, if they for some reason end up caught in a brawl with Wolverine up close, if he uses his senses to counter ambush them (as Aliens have done in the past) and draw them in close quarters, they're all phucked and they will be cut down just like the N'garai were.

jinzin
That's simply remedied, just build a wall around Wolverine's skull, with his skeleton sticking out the other end.

laughing This post however is MADE of win.

celeyhyga17
Too much for wolverine to handle...
One of each would already be hard for him..

jinzin
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Too much for wolverine to handle...
One of each would already be hard for him.. laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starscream M
laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic) don't underestimate an elder pred jinzin...they're more than a match for logan

Uriel005
Aliens go down no question and as for elders its a matter of keeping out of range as they do have a distance jump that will likely keep them out of range from logan where they can pelt him with plasma shots. But CIS on they WILL get in close for the fight and considering Logan has bested Ogun as well as other skilled melee fighters in skill as well as going toe to toe with bricks like the hulk in cqc I don't think they would stand much of a chance and Logan's blades could just cut through their cqc weapons.

carver9
I really d not know who would win but doesn't the predators have some type of liquid that they usually pour on people that they drop and this liquid disintegrate whatever it touches? If they drop logan with their plasma blast and they are aware of his healing factor, wouldn't they most likely pour this over his body to temporarily end the fight? I'm thinking an elder pred would do something like this.

jinzin
don't underestimate an elder pred jinzin...they're more than a match for logan

PROVE it. no expression

I'm not underestimating shit!

Believe me, I've been a Predator fan since I could remember. It's the first R movie I ever watched and I've had an obsession with them ever since. An obsession rekindled as of this last summer due to the movie. In fact, I'm sculpting Predator figures RIGHT NOW.....

But in spite of seeing all the movies... OWNING all the movies, reading all the comics, owning most of them, owning most of the novelizations etc I have YET to see what exactly these elder Predators have done that affords them the hype they've been given on the forums.

As the last couple of posts prove:
Me: Here's why Predators are not going to curb Logan,
You guys: Predators will win.

That may not be the most accurate summary but it pretty much sums it up IMO.

Predators are hunters.... they're HUNTERS. They've perfected the skill of the hunt as best they can and most of their tactics involve ending conflicts in 1 hit kill fashion before they've even been made... What happens when they can't do that? They typically end up with a hard fight on their hands. They certainly seem to think the lone fact that they can't typically sneek up on Aliens makes Aliens the most dangerous game for them.

Hell, you'll find die hard Pred fans in the Hunters Lair giving Wolfman the edge in a fight between a Pred and himself.

Do date the baddest assed Elders we've seen in action were Wolf and Broken tusk, and neither of them displayed abilities far exceeding Wolverine's ability to curb in a 1on1 conflict. no expression
(And I'm a massive fan of BOTH of them)
You think otherwise? Show me WHY.

jinzin
I really d not know who would win but doesn't the predators have some type of liquid that they usually pour on people that they drop and this liquid disintegrate whatever it touches? If they drop logan with their plasma blast and they are aware of his healing factor, wouldn't they most likely pour this over his body to temporarily end the fight? I'm thinking an elder pred would do something like this.

The only time that was displayed was in AVPR and it was some sort of substance Wolf literally sucked out of the Predator ship, It's definitely not standard gear, and even if it was, it'd only be "standard" for a cleaner like Wolf, he's not a normal Hunter by any means.

carver9
PROVE it. no expression

I'm not underestimating shit!

Believe me, I've been a Predator fan since I could remember. It's the first R movie I ever watched and I've had an obsession with them ever since. An obsession rekindled as of this last summer due to the movie. In fact, I'm sculpting Predator figures RIGHT NOW.....

But in spite of seeing all the movies... OWNING all the movies, reading all the comics, owning most of them, owning most of the novelizations etc I have YET to see what exactly these elder Predators have done that affords them the hype they've been given on the forums.

As the last couple of posts prove:
Me: Here's why Predators are not going to curb Logan,
You guys: Predators will win.

That may not be the most accurate summary but it pretty much sums it up IMO.

Predators are hunters.... they're HUNTERS. They've perfected the skill of the hunt as best they can and most of their tactics involve ending conflicts in 1 hit kill fashion before they've even been made... What happens when they can't do that? They typically end up with a hard fight on their hands. They certainly seem to think the lone fact that they can't typically sneek up on Aliens makes Aliens the most dangerous game for them.

Hell, you'll find die hard Pred fans in the Hunters Lair giving Wolfman the edge in a fight between a Pred and himself.

Do date the baddest assed Elders we've seen in action were Wolf and Broken tusk, and neither of them displayed abilities far exceeding Wolverine's ability to curb in a 1on1 conflict. no expression
(And I'm a massive fan of BOTH of them)
You think otherwise? Show me WHY.

The only time I seen a alien owned in h2h combat was due to plot (people covering themselves in mud). Is there a instance outside of this and no, I'm not saying that they could beat wolvy though... just asking).

jinzin
Did you mean Predator?

Sure, there's plenty.
Dutch from the first movie has a brother in the Darkhorse comics who has a tendancy to dance with Preds one on one and he's beaten several in combat.
As I said before in a strict h2h fight with this woman Machiko a blooded bug hunting vet started to lose a fight with her until his friends began to cheat.
The newer/stronger/bigger Predators from the new film, Falconer Pred got killed in a sword duel with a mere Yakuza member.

There's a lot of instances of Preds getting killed off left and right when they lose their invisability. Colonial Marines have dropped them in droves.

They've never displayed mass amounts of skill in a h2h fight... because most Pred's are not technically fighters, they're hunters.
It's one of the major reasons that Bad-blood Predators are so dangerous.

srankmissingnin
Are any of you guys actually knowledgeable on Predator lore and canon, or do the movies just give you boners? Predator canon is full of normal human samurai, soldiers (past/present and future) killing Preds in one on one combat. Machiko only had a brown belt in Karate, and she has killed Predators in h2h and even Xenomorph Queens...

Do some research people.

psycho gundam
^ even if you just watch the movies, wolverine kills them all handily. or at least could more times than not *shrug*

This is EXACTLY the kind of crap I'm talking about.

Elders with all their tech rape Wolverine? What makes you so sure?

Have you been reading comics I haven't?
Did you catch a movie I somehow missed?

What exactly do you think an Elder Pred brings to the table that makes them so superior?

Because I can tell you flat out that the standard EQ for a Pred is pretty much the same their entire life and that the most fully stocked Predator we've seen to date as been the Wolf from AVPR and that was AFTER he snatched a bunch of crap off his dead ally so it was hardly "standard" gear.

In fact, there's actually evidence suggesting that Elder Preds begin stripping themselves of the need for tech at a certain point and rely more on their skills instead.

The only time we've seen anything even remotely close to being far outside the Predator "norm" in terms of gear is when Topknot and a platoon of Predators were using shoulder canons, wrist mounted canons, and a plasma rifles in tandum during a Predator Wartime.... Wartime being what was described as the ONLY time they bring such gear to a fight.

So no, Wolverine up against two predators may be a hard fight for him to win.... well... harder anyways... but they don't get an autowin for phantom tech that's for damned sure. no expression no one cares jinzin, do u know why? logan is limited to h2h and the predators have range weapons like plasma cannons, not to mention the suicide bombs, as standard equipment. the xenomorphs on the other hand cant outbrawl him and come out on top, but that's just it, their blood will burn right through his body and they know how to use it as weapons. drip a good amount of it in his rib cage and he'll have no organs in a second, so if he goes for the usual berserk slash and dash against them, hell be ****ed. He won't win this

jinzin
Originally posted by 753
no one cares jinzin, do u know why? Because it's Wolverine... ?

That's usually the reason no one cares when it comes to facts versus "______ beats Wolverine BECAUSE!"

Originally posted by 753
logan is limited to h2h and the predators have range weapons like plasma cannons, not to mention the suicide bombs, as standard equipment.
Which is not enough reason to give away a guaranteed auto-win ESPECIALLY in a jungle environment.

Do I even need to BEGIN showing you how many times Logan's delt with lasers, beams and blasts like the plasma canons? He's fast enough to out pace them and out maneauver them (they're not fast weapons by any means) and his healing factor can help compensate for most damages that he would/might take.

Originally posted by 753
the xenomorphs on the other hand cant outbrawl him and come out on top, but that's just it, their blood will burn right through his body and they know how to use it as weapons. drip a good amount of it in his rib cage and he'll have no organs in a second, so if he goes for the usual berserk slash and dash against them, hell be ****ed. He won't win this What the f**k?
You seem to think that Wolverine runs a definite risk of getting sprayed.. in spite of Predators using a Wolverine-like melee weapon when they go to become blooded hunters.
Wolverine has faster and swifter feats in his ability to cut at/through shit. His risk of getting sprayed isn't as bad as you make it out to be.
Look at how Scar delt with an alien, one slice and it was done, no need to avoid the threat of the blood.

If he was berserker, Aliens would prove little more than a nuisance. no expression

The only way he'd lose his organs is if an Alien got gutted on top of him and he couldn't move out of the way of blood pouring out the wound for some reason...

You have to understand that his healing factor is QUICKLY going to compensate for tissue damage as soon as it's administered. Look at all the times he's run around burning up in infernos.

You're blowing the effectiveness of both species way out of proportion.

Most here give wolverine the wins he is due.

It's not an auto-win, he just cant take a majority against all 4, he gest 3 may be 4 out of 10. dealing with an alien without getting sprayed by blood is possible for him, but difficult, specially in the way logan usually fights and in a 2 vs 1 or 4 vs 1 scenario. While he is fast, he won't blitz them and they deliberately weaponize the blod during fights. Not to mention the predators could blow the aliens apart while they're engaging logan and give him an acid bath.

HF takes much longer to replace big losses of body mass.

jinzin
Originally posted by 753
Most here give wolverine the wins he is due.

It's not an auto-win, he just cant take a majority against all 4, he gest 3 may be 4 out of 10. dealing with an alien without getting sprayed by blood is possible for him, but difficult, specially in the way logan usually fights and in a 2 vs 1 or 4 vs 1 scenario. While he is fast, he won't blitz them and they deliberately weaponize the blod during fights. Not to mention the predators could blow the aliens apart while they're engaging logan and give him an acid bath.

HF takes much longer to replace big losses of body mass.
Funny, considering he's regrown arms in seconds, regrown from a skeleton in seconds, regrown a heart in seconds... etc..

All four in a melee confrontation lose this fight, if they try to snipe him or hunt him, the tide can EASILY turn because Wolverine has the unique ability of sighting them with his senses turning their own ambush tactics against them. Wolverine's well versed in gorilla tactics and doesn't take long to set up traps and the like, and those kind of jungle fighting tactics are pretty effective against Preds consistently.

Yes in any given scenario Wolverine would blitz an Alien or a Predator, his feats of speed outstrip theirs... BY FAR. It's not even remotely comparible.

And yeah I already said the best way for them to deal with Logan is for the Preds to fight smart and blow the aliens up when they go to confront him. It's the best chance this group has of winning.

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Are any of you guys actually knowledgeable on Predator lore and canon, or do the movies just give you boners? Predator canon is full of normal human samurai, soldiers (past/present and future) killing Preds in one on one combat. Machiko only had a brown belt in Karate, and she has killed Predators in h2h and even Xenomorph Queens...

Do some research people.

But.... but.. teh EldAR PRADATERZ!!1!
dur

srankmissingnin
But.... but.. teh EldAR PRADATERZ!!1!
dur

If only Wolverine had a brown belt in karate like Machiko... sad

jalek moye
Wolverine wins almost everytime

Funny, considering he's regrown arms in seconds, regrown from a skeleton in seconds, regrown a heart in seconds... etc.. Extremely inconsistant and it's taken him long enough to heal to count as a defeat several times, even in his best healing feats. Not to mention he's been downed by four shots to the head by a class 10.

No and no. He'll be sprayed in blood and downed by cumulative damage in an all out mellee with all 4 of them. He can't hide from them, so his guerrilla tactics will be futile and they don't have to set traps, just aim and blast the zone he is in to hell.

Deadline
Hmm interesting I think Wolverine can wins this. I would give Wolverine the majority over Cap and Blade. I hate wolverine and always low ball him. Oh and Wolverine can take class 100 shots without it being PIS. Feeeel the hate!!!!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
Not to mention he's been downed by four shots to the head by a class 10.

What instance are you talking about?

carver9
Originally posted by Deadline
Hmm interesting I think Wolverine can wins this. I would give Wolverine the majority over Cap and Blade. I hate wolverine and always low ball him. Oh and Wolverine can take class 100 shots without it being PIS. Feeeel the hate!!!!

Lol... I don't know if you are serious or not but at least you admitted that you dislike wolvy.

jinzin
Originally posted by 753
Extremely inconsistant and it's taken him long enough to heal to count as a defeat several times, even in his best healing feats. Not to mention he's been downed by four shots to the head by a class 10.

No and no. He'll be sprayed in blood and downed by cumulative damage in an all out mellee with all 4 of them. He can't hide from them, so his guerrilla tactics will be futile and they don't have to set traps, just aim and blast the zone he is in to hell.

Inconsistent?
No.... he has higher level of healing feats than lower ones unless you're only reading his team books and Wayverine... and EVEN THEN X-Men legacy proved exactly what I'm talking about.
Wolverine was in an exploding Humvee and he walked out charred flesh, healed in no time.

The bottem line is that in terms of the melee that Preds and Aliens bring to the table, Wolverine can tank most of what they've got in stride. Has made a career of it actually. Most attacks are not taking off body parts.. Please, Dutch tanked a plasma blast to the chest and it only knocked him down.

I assume the four shot KO you're reffering to is Frankencastle? Pretty positive he was stronger than a class ten and it's a lower end feat that's in the low minoirty so I'm not sure what you think you're proving by lowballing Wolverine.

The only way Logan has a majority threat of losing a 4 on 1 melee is if everyone is prepared to fight him and he gets dropped in the middle of all 4 of them while they're already on the attack and EVEN THEN it'shard to give them the win. In a head to head confrontation they can't keep up with what Logan's dishing out, they're not fast enough to evade, not skilled enough to counter.... He'd destroy them and anyone with a novice familiarity of both franchises should know that.

Badabing
Lol... I don't know if you are serious or not but at least you admitted that you dislike wolvy. I see sarcasm is missed on you. mmm

durverine

jalek moye
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What instance are you talking about?

prolly frankencastle people sometimes act like it's the definite wolverine showing

jinzin
Lol... I don't know if you are serious or not but at least you admitted that you dislike wolvy. laughing out loud

Deadline
Lol... I don't know if you are serious or not but at least you admitted that you dislike wolvy.

I might have said something like that ages ago but thats only because certain posters were getting on my nerves, not because I actually hate the character. I've always liked the character.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
I see sarcasm is missed on you. mmm

durverine

Lol... I'm terrible at being sarcastic but that time I was serious.

Deadline
Lol... I'm terrible at being sarcastic but that time I was serious.

H-he mean't me?

carver9
I might have said something like that ages ago but thats only because certain posters were getting on my nerves, not because I actually hate the character. I've always liked the character.

Lol... understandable. I never thought of you as a wolvy hater to be honest, I just think you believe that some posters overate him but come on... wolvy has one of the best powerset to have... speed, a healing factor, a martial artsits, acute senses, adamantium bones, claws that can cut through anything... the guy is a walking army so I can kind of understand why people defend him so much... especially with that "I dont give a damn" attitude that he has.

I could pit wolvy against almost anyone (key word... almost) and see him performing well if we used his high or standard showings.

But I also agree with you as well, a lot of people overate him but I don't think its jinzin, stiltman, or skrank because they provide legitament and some of the best arguments on why wolvy would win and they also admit when he would lose against certain characters (even though I disagree with them sometimes about the peeps that they say he lose against).

All n all... you included deadline... all of you all are good debators.

carver9
H-he mean't me?

Da** I can be slow sometimes. mad

StiltmanFTW
lulz@ Frankencastle with the freakin Bloodstone being Class 10.

Parmaniac
lulz@ Frankencastle with the freakin Bloodstone being Class 10. Yeah that's stupid he's class 2 at best haw-som

Deadline
Lol... understandable. I never thought of you as a wolvy hater to be honest, I just think you believe that some posters overate him but come on... wolvy has one of the best powerset to have... speed, a healing factor, a martial artsits, acute senses, adamantium bones, claws that can cut through anything... the guy is a walking army so I can kind of understand why people defend him so much... especially with that "I dont give a damn" attitude that he has.

I could pit wolvy against almost anyone (key word... almost) and see him performing well if we used his high or standard showings.

But I also agree with you as well, a lot of people overate him but I don't think its jinzin, stiltman, or skrank because they provide legitament and some of the best arguments on why wolvy would win and they also admit when he would lose against certain characters (even though I disagree with them sometimes about the peeps that they say he lose against).

All n all... you included deadline... all of you all are good debators.

Um I think stiltman can debate Wolverine, don't know about the others. Yeah though with his powerset he would have most people, he's a killing machine.

lulz@ Frankencastle with the freakin Bloodstone being Class 10. oh and what strengh feats place him above it?

carver9
Um I think stiltman can debate Wolverine, don't know about the others. Yeah though with his powerset he would have most people, he's a killing machine.

Stilt usually agree with jinzin and skrank. I think they are pretty good debators. I think you think the opposite because you have been debating against them for the past 2 + years.

Deadline
Stilt usually agree with jinzin and skrank. I think they are pretty good debators. I think you think the opposite because you have been debating against them for the past 2 + years.

Dunno about that. Time ain't got nothing to do with it. Anyway enough talking about other posters.

King Castle
i agree that stiltman is a good debater and i regularly agree with him.. but, i see him equal to jinzin and Srank in debating skills.. i think to see a noticeable difference with him and the others is more to do with being bias toward the others.

i concur with carver

Dum Dum Dugan
Dunno about that. Time ain't got nothing to do with it. Anyway enough talking about other posters.
no, but you having a personal vendetta against them becuase of the pwnage they use to lay on you weekly does............

Starscream M
no, but you having a personal vendetta against them becuase of the pwnage they use to lay on you weekly does............ battlehammer...stop going off-topic erm

King Castle
no, but you having a personal vendetta against them becuase of the pwnage they use to lay on you weekly does............ you yourself are a well versed wolverine debater and knowledgeable.

you would also fall along the lines of srank, jinzin and stiltman

now back to the fight at hand...

in a melee fight wolverine is more then capable of defeating them before the alien blood could completely hamper him after all they are only two and the blood would be more damaging to the predators.

Dum Dum Dugan
battlehammer...stop going off-topic erm
.......and you wanna sit there and try and tell me you don't fallow me around? interesting no, that everyone else was off topic for a while, but you say nothing untill I post interesting no?

Omega Vision
This thread fails

Parmaniac
This thread fails QFT

StiltmanFTW
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Originally posted by 753
oh and what strengh feats place him above it?

Him sending Daken flying through several brick walls with a single kick.

Ulysses and Daken became superhumanly strong after receiving it, Castle in his monster form already was. It's common sense it would boost his strength past Class 10. Hell, even without the gem he had some good strength feats, i.e. raping Morbius, WBN, Man-Thing... sorry, I can't picture Spider-Man doing that. Just no.

Starscream M
.......and you wanna sit there and try and tell me you don't fallow me around? interesting no, that everyone else was off topic for a while, but you say nothing untill I post interesting no? not that interesting at all

srankmissingnin

Ulysses and Daken became superhumanly strong after receiving it, Castle in his monster form already was. It's common sense it would boost his strength past Class 10. Hell, even without the gem he had some good strength feats, i.e. raping Morbius, WBN, Man-Thing... sorry, I can't picture Spider-Man doing that. Just no.

Elsa Bloodstone smashed a jeep apart with an acoustic guitar. cool

Dum Dum Dugan
not that interesting at all
No it not, it annoying is what it is, go away. I have no need to respond to your nonsense, putting you on ignore is the best option.

King Castle

Ulysses and Daken became superhumanly strong after receiving it, Castle in his monster form already was. It's common sense it would boost his strength past Class 10. Hell, even without the gem he had some good strength feats, i.e. raping Morbius, WBN, Man-Thing... sorry, I can't picture Spider-Man doing that. Just no. that's b/c you like to lowball spiderman even to the point i have defend him.. wink

Starscream M
No it not, it annoying is what it is, go away. I have no need to respond to your nonsense, putting you on ignore is the best option. but you're on my buddylist erm

Dum Dum Dugan
fine not putting you on ignore, but I will be ignoring you for while stick out tongue

Ulysses and Daken became superhumanly strong after receiving it, Castle in his monster form already was. It's common sense it would boost his strength past Class 10. Hell, even without the gem he had some good strength feats, i.e. raping Morbius, WBN, Man-Thing... sorry, I can't picture Spider-Man doing that. Just no. how is that above class 10? Daken is what, 80 kg? nothing there really seems beyond spider-man in terms of strengh alone. their attitudes were completelly different of course.

Starscream M
fine not putting you on ignore, but I will be ignoring you for while stick out tongue cool

Omega Vision
but you're on my buddylist erm
You try palling around with people who have nothing but contempt for you?

You're like America if America was a person.

Starscream M

You're like America if America was a person. um...that's like a compliment, right?

btw, you're also on my buddylist smile

Omega Vision
um...that's like a compliment, right?

btw, you're also on my buddylist smile
Well that's odd.

Parmaniac
You can simply put people on your buddy list without their permission?

Omega Vision
You can simply put people on your buddy list without their permission?
Maybe its a different buddy list, one he keeps in his home written in pig blood.

Starscream M
Well that's odd. why? confused

Omega Vision
why? confused
The fact that we've never shared a single companionable moment. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
how is that above class 10? Daken is what, 80 kg? nothing there really seems beyond spider-man in terms of strengh alone. their attitudes were completelly different of course.

Show me Parker or any other Class 10 character doing something comparable. Striking feat, I mean.

There was also that scene in which one kick (again) sent Daken falling down from the top of the skyscraper scaffolding, crashing all the floors on his way down...

Parmaniac
Could you put up the scan you're reffering to?

StiltmanFTW
Could you put up the scan you're reffering to?

Not right now. Give me an hour or two.

Parmaniac
Are you watching porn right now?

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Multitasking actually.

StiltmanFTW
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8163/franken19012.th.jpg http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3666/franken19013.th.jpg

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6884/franken19018.th.jpg http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1796/franken19019.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.