Lord Mar-vell vs Captain Mar-vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Just wondering who people thought would take this.

Ok to the death, who wins?

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is a pretty one sided imo

the ninjak
Cthulhu Marvel owns.

Stoic
Didn't Thanos handle Lord Mar-vell as easily as he handled Captain Mar-Vell? Actually I thought Captain Mar-vell did better against Thanos than Lord Mar-vell, guess it was just my imagination. Hold on a second Captain Mar-vell had some pretty decent feats in the past, I mean he resisted Nitro's blasts and defeated him more than once, and Nitro was the guy that started the Marvel Civil War.

What proof is there that makes people believe that the Cancer-verse duplicates were more powerful than the originals? I read the series, but I may have missed something because of being so occupied by my studies. Was it stated that Thor's doppelganger was more powerful than the original?

quanchi112
Lord stomps.

Captain Mar-vell was nothing to Thanos and this Thanos was a lot more powerful than the weakest one who dominated captain mar-vell.

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
Lord stomps.

Captain Mar-vell was nothing to Thanos and this Thanos was a lot more powerful than the weakest one who dominated captain mar-vell.

Where did it show Thanos getting an upgrade in power outside of immortality? Does it even state that he was more powerful? He was pretty tough when he was mindless, but his power went back down to normal when he was snapped out of he berserker frenzy. Is this not true?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
Where did it show Thanos getting an upgrade in power outside of immortality? Does it even state that he was more powerful? He was pretty tough when he was mindless, but his power went back down to normal when he was snapped out of he berserker frenzy. Is this not true? He was depowered after that but was still death's avatar. Thanos was at his weakest against the first captain and he was never anything more than a hero who eventually won but couldn't beat Thanos directly in combat. This Lord oneshotted the Magus. Captain gets stomped.

Stoic
There is still no proof on how resistant Adam/Magus was to energized assaults. Yea he could give it, but how much could he take? Didn't Mar-Vell (original) give the Surfer hell when they fought? Giving Lord Mar-vell all of these props after only a few showings is like giving Titanus huge props for flattening the Hulk in first appearance. Lord Mar-vell wasn't around long enough for some average hero to put a pin in him.

quanchi112
There is still no proof on how resistant Adam/Magus was to energized assaults. Yea he could give it, but how much could he take? Didn't Mar-Vell (original) give the Surfer hell when they fought? Giving Lord Mar-vell all of these props after only a few showings is like giving Titanus huge props for flattening the Hulk in first appearance. Lord Mar-vell wasn't around long enough for some average hero to put a pin in him. What ? I mean Lord treated nova like a joke and easily roughed up the surfer. You have no idea about captain marvell if you think he's anything more than an afterthought to Lord. Lord would crush him.

Mar-vell had enough showings to gauge him.

There is still no proof on how resistant Adam/Magus was to energized assaults. Yea he could give it, but how much could he take? Didn't Mar-Vell (original) give the Surfer hell when they fought? Giving Lord Mar-vell all of these props after only a few showings is like giving Titanus huge props for flattening the Hulk in first appearance. Lord Mar-vell wasn't around long enough for some average hero to put a pin in him. E-vell pawned the SS with a blast and wlaked through Nova.

Nihilist
Captain Marvell got beat by a weaker version of Thanos before he was upgraded by Death in Rebirth of Thanos.

CosmicComet
Did Captain Mar-Vell ever show planetary level destruction?

KuRuPT Thanosi
For God's sake Cap. M got punched from Saturn to earth with ease... I don't see Thanos doing that to Lord M.

Nihilist
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
For God's sake Cap. M got punched from Saturn to earth with ease... I don't see Thanos doing that to Lord M. Thats non cannon.

Sr J-Bieb
So... much... wrong... here.

First off.
Mar-Vell was weaker than Classic Drax. Sure he was able to amp him to fight with him, but he was weaker.

Mar-Vell's most common enemy was Super Skrull. And he had a lot of trouble with him at times.

Mar-Vell never fought Surfer in canon. He did in a What-If and I believe got killed by Surfer, or they killed each other... that's enough to tell you a difference right there even if it was canon...

Mar-Vell was low herald. His strength naturally was in the 15-30 tons range, and could amp. He had some good durability and power but nowhere near Lord Mar-Vell. Might as well throw Captain Mar-Vell against Spider-Man just because they both bounce around.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
For God's sake Cap. M got punched from Saturn to earth with ease... I don't see Thanos doing that to Lord M. That's an alternate version of mar-vell.

Cap gets stomped very badly.

Black bolt z
Which Captain Marvel.There a lot of marvels.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Which Captain Marvel.There a lot of marvels. It's mar-vell it's quite clear which one he means.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by thanos-prime
It's mar-vell it's quite clear which one he means. I believe theres a couple of those too right?

thanos-prime
I believe theres a couple of those too right? I don't believe any of them hav gone by captain mar-vell i believe all the ones that came after went by marvel.

quanchi112
Which Captain Marvel.There a lot of marvels. Only you woul dbe unsure which one.

Black bolt z
Only you woul dbe unsure which one. Theres a lot.I hate how many characters are named marvel.

And that there are 2 Nova's.

thanos-prime
Theres a lot.I hate how many characters are named marvel.

And that there are 2 Nova's. There using Lord mar-vell's 616 counterpart.

quanchi112
Theres a lot.I hate how many characters are named marvel.

And that there are 2 Nova's. This is the captain marvel who opposed Thanos early on in the 70's I believe.

Black bolt z
Ok I already know which.

Lord marvel was obviously stronger the Cap.

quanchi112
Ok I already know which.

Lord marvel was obviously stronger the Cap. Not just stronger, more powerful, more durable, more evil. more awesome, the list goes on.

thanos-prime
There is still no proof on how resistant Adam/Magus was to energized assaults. Yea he could give it, but how much could he take? Didn't Mar-Vell (original) give the Surfer hell when they fought? Giving Lord Mar-vell all of these props after only a few showings is like giving Titanus huge props for flattening the Hulk in first appearance. Lord Mar-vell wasn't around long enough for some average hero to put a pin in him. There is no proof suggesting he was extra vulnerable to energy attacks when has someone as powerful as him ever been 1 shotted by someone you seem to believe is low herald.

Black bolt z
Not just stronger, more powerful, more durable, more evil. more awesome, the list goes on. durpalm

I'm using stronger as a generalization word.Stronger meaning overall.

quanchi112
durpalm

I'm using stronger as a generalization word.Stronger meaning overall. On a comic book forum it helps to be specific since stronger and more powerufl aren't necessarily the same thing. smile

Black bolt z
On a comic book forum it helps to be specific since stronger and more powerufl aren't necessarily the same thing. smile Its common knowledge they are smile

quanchi112
Its common knowledge they are smile So Hulk is stronger than thor so it also means he is more powerful. Smirks.

Black bolt z
So Hulk is stronger than thor so it also means he is more powerful. Smirks. When using one as a generalization word.

quanchi112
When using one as a generalization word. That's why I stated on comic book vs. you should be more specific. Pay attention to what I say the first time.

Bouboumaster
Lord Mar-vell stomp

Slaanesh
Lord Mar-vell easily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.