Favorite Heist Film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quiero Mota
So what's your favorite caper?

The Nuul
Heat then The Town.

SnakeEyes
Reservoir Dogs/Heat/Inception

Myth
This really needed an "other" option, because there are a lot of good heist movies out there. Inside Man and Dog Day Afternoon are two good ones that come to mind that are not on that list. That said, I voted Reservoir Dogs out of the ones up there.

NCRotCA
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels easily imo.

MildPossession
Out of that list, Reservoir Dogs for me.

Lestov16
Ocean's 11 is the best one to me (although it is tied with Ocean's 13 as my IMO favorite of the series)
Probably followed very closely by Inception and then a distant third would be Entrapment and distant fourth would be The Italian Job

BruceSkywalker
Reservoir Dogs and Ocean's Eleven

Rogue Jedi
3,000 Miles to Graceland? haermm

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Lestov16
Ocean's 11 is the best one to me (although it is tied with Ocean's 13 as my IMO favorite of the series)
Probably followed very closely by Inception and then a distant third would be Entrapment and distant fourth would be The Italian Job

I guess Inception would technically be a heist film, but the term generally refers more to people stealing something physical like a big pile of money or a priceless object. I would classify Inception more along the lines of sci-fi.

Also, Goodfellas can be classified as a heist film.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I guess Inception would technically be a heist film, but the term generally refers more to people stealing something physical like a big pile of money or a priceless object. I would classify Inception more along the lines of sci-fi.

Also, Goodfellas can be classified as a heist film. And it would be my fave yes

siriuswriter
Ocean's 11 . Almost tied wiith The Italian Job.

Though my favorite serious heist movie is The Inside Man. Clive Owen is noir personified.

Darth Martin
Inception

MildPossession
I'm with Quiero Mota on Inception. The main genres of it are Science Fiction/Thriller more. Heist is a sub catagory, not a main film genre.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm with Quiero Mota on Inception. The main genres of it are Science Fiction/Thriller more. Heist is a sub catagory, not a main film genre.

Inception is basically a rip-off of The Cell (2000; Jennifer Lopez and Vince Vaughn). The plot of that movie was also a race agianst time in which they had to invade a guy's mind in order to obtain information and was full of fantasy landscapes and surreal settings--and that movie has ten years on Inception. Also, The Cell has a stronger crime theme than Inception.

In my opinion, Inception is popular for the same reason as Avatar: for its visuals, not for its story or narrative. Avatar was basically a space-fantasy version of Dances With Wolves, The Last Samurai, or any other white-man-sides-with-the-natives-against-evil-invaders movie.

T.M
Catch me if you Can.

Not the best but love that movie.

Myth
Inception doesn't strike me as a heist movie because they are implanting an idea, not stealing. They do refer to stealing ideas as what they normally do, but the main storyline is not about stealing.

NCRotCA
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Inception is basically a rip-off of The Cell (2000; Jennifer Lopez and Vince Vaughn). The plot of that movie was also a race agianst time in which they had to invade a guy's mind in order to obtain information and was full of fantasy landscapes and surreal settings--and that movie has ten years on Inception. Also, The Cell has a stronger crime theme than Inception.

In my opinion, Inception is popular for the same reason as Avatar: for its visuals, not for its story or narrative. Avatar was basically a space-fantasy version of Dances With Wolves, The Last Samurai, or any other white-man-sides-with-the-natives-against-evil-invaders movie.

That they were actually planting an idea into someone's mind differentiates it pretty heavily from The Cell. The "inception" is what Inception is essentially about, the existence of individuals entering people's minds to steal information merely sets the scene. I'd also be surprised if anybody viewed it as being primarily of merit for anything other than its storyline.

Lord Shadow Z
Of those I've watched from that list:

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. 3,000 Miles to Graceland
3. Oceans Eleven
4. Heat

jinXed by JaNx
reservoir dogs/heat

Rogue Jedi
The Usual Suspects.

marwash22
Italian Job
The Score
Ocean's 11

i didn't think Reservoir Dogs was considered a caper, but I like that one too.

marwash22
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The Usual Suspects. thumb up

jaden101
Dead Presidents isn't the best by any means but it's highly underrated.

There are so many missing from the list that could be in the running (as many people have already pointed out with other examples)

The Thomas Crown Affair
Thief
Inside Man
Point Break
Die Hard 3
Sexy Beast

Loads more.

Tough to pick.

steverules_2
Back to the future 3 dur

ADarksideJedi
Ocean's eleven

Mr Parker
Mine is Entrapment.Has two of my favorite actors of all time in it.Sean Connery and the hot and beautiful Catherine Zeta Jones.Nuff said.also a really exciting film as well to boot.also was pleased that my hero spidermans name was mentioned in the movie. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.