Who can survive a Herald my Rage blast from Big G

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
List is in no order

1. Henshaw with rings
2. Fortress Eradicator
3. Superman saving L.L.
4. Surfer
5. King Thor
6. SMP
7. Thanos without shields
7a. Thanos with best shielding
8. Juggs
9. Current Hulk
10. Onslaught
11. Darkseid
12. Highfather
13. Taikon
14. Glads
15. Batman

Black bolt z
IS that supposed to be in any order?

If not then 5, 7, 8 if its classic, and possibly 11 and 12.

Nihilist
3. Superman saving L.L.
5. King Thor
6. SMP
8. Juggs
11. Darkseid
13. Taikon

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
List is in no order

1. Henshaw with rings
2. Fortress Eradicator
3. Superman saving L.L.
4. Surfer
5. King Thor
6. SMP
8. Juggs
9. Current Hulk
10. Onslaught
11. Darkseid
12. Highfather
13. Taikon
14. Glads
15. Batman These are the characters who don't survive it.

Henshaw gets killed as does superman, Darkseid, High Father, Takion, and Batman.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by quanchi112
These are the characters who don't survive it.

Henshaw gets killed as does superman, Darkseid, High Father, Takion, and Batman.

Aww look. Quan's horrible bias is coming through

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Aww look. Quan's horrible bias is coming through It's not bias it's quite logical.

Badabing
Everyone but Batman and Hulk die.

Black bolt z

Henshaw gets killed as does superman, Darkseid, High Father, Takion, and Batman. Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Aww look. Quan's horrible bias is coming through This.

Quan how does current hulk and gladiator live but darkseid and highfather die?Like he said Originally posted by Gecko4lif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
This.

Quan how does current hulk and gladiator live but darkseid and highfather die?Like he said Hulk's more impressive than both albeit his powers.

Glads is more durable than both.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Badabing
Everyone but Batman and Hulk die. Nah Just BatMan... mad

Stall_19
Batman take it and informs big G that his mother hit harder than he does. wink

Badabing
Originally posted by FanBoy101
Nah Just BatMan... mad Originally posted by Stall_19
Batman take it and informs big G that his mother hit harder than he does. wink laughing out loud

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Stall_19
Batman take it and informs big G that his mother hit harder than he does. wink Batman's mother died when he was a child.

So she must have been very abusive for him to remember that.

CosmicComet
Where the **** is Steve ****ing Rogers on this list?

FanBoy101
Batman's mother died when he was a child.

So she must have been very abusive for him to remember that. he was talking about Big G mother's... wink

Slaanesh
most of the people from that list can survive it..Nova did..i don't see why most of them can't..

The Nuul
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

What else is new?

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Slaanesh
most of the people from that list can survive it..Nova did..i don't see why most of them can't..
Is that Nova Prime?

If he can, then everyone except Batman will survive.

most of the people from that list can survive it..Nova did..i don't see why most of them can't.. I recall something else happening there. Wasnt he outside the energy wave's reach and then teleported in to get Annihilus after it passed? The blast killed a Watcher.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Is that Nova Prime?

If he can, then everyone except Batman will survive.

yup..if i'm not mistaken..he even help to shield some other people..

Originally posted by 753
I recall something else happening there. Wasnt he outside the energy wave's reach and then teleported in to get Annihilus after it passed? The blast killed a Watcher.

really???i'm not really sure..it's been a long time..

I dont recall what happened exactly either, but I recall Annihilus being drained of his reserves to survive and Nova teleporting in for the kill. I cant remember where he was or what he was doing during it though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nova wasn't in the point blank explosion like Anni was.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by 753
I dont recall what happened exactly either, but I recall Annihilus being drained of his reserves to survive and Nova teleporting in for the kill. I cant remember where he was or what he was doing during it though.

i just check..it shows the blast reaching him..and the next thing he is beside annihilus and ready to fight..didn't say he teleport or anything..it shows him shielding phyla-vell..annihilus say Novas survive the blast..

KuRuPT Thanosi
You can clearly see by the artwork he wasn't close to the point blank explosion like Anni was... then he teleports right next to him after it.

You can clearly see by the artwork he wasn't close to the point blank explosion like Anni was... then he teleports right next to him after it. that's what i got from it too. Where was he before it exactly?

KuRuPT Thanosi
not totally sure.. but he seems to be on the outskirts of the explosions reach not point blank like anni was.

Nihilist
Me and Dmills discussed this the other day, Annihilus took the blast at point blank range, Nova and co were a light year away. The story is made to make you believe that they died as they couldn't survive the blast.

quanchi112
I looked at it last night. I think they took some of the blast as that's what Annihilus says just not as much as Annihilus tanked.

Utrigita
i just check..it shows the blast reaching him..and the next thing he is beside annihilus and ready to fight..didn't say he teleport or anything..it shows him shielding phyla-vell..annihilus say Novas survive the blast..

Though it would be rather strange that Annihilus having taken the blast is weakened and Nova doing the same is fine.

carver9

I agree with this and by the way, people are question quan about glads surviving this blast... well, he survived something similar. The guy was hit in the face by a solar system blast that was so powerful that once he contained it (yes gladiator contained a solar system blast), it created a star the size of our sun and he didn't suffer not a scratch on his body.

So there shouldn't be a reason to dispute him surviving it... thanos would also survive it unfazed but as much as I love the hulk, I can't see him surviving.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
Though it would be rather strange that Annihilus having taken the blast is weakened and Nova doing the same is fine. Because Annihilus took it point blank.

Sin I AM
wasnt phyla, quasar at the time i cant remember

Omega Vision
I don't see why Henshaw would die from this blast. His body might be destroyed, but his consciousness shouldn't be effected.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Stall_19
Batman take it and informs big G that his mother hit harder than he does. wink

...and then follows up with a bat kick of imaginable proportions! stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't see why Henshaw would die from this blast. His body might be destroyed, but his consciousness shouldn't be effected. For the purposes of this thread I believe it's whose body would it destroy and whose can survive it. I kinda believe it would destroy him though anyways for all time.

John Kent
1. Henshaw with rings-He survived a galaxy destroying blast with no rings. I'm sure he would survive with shields up.
2. Fortress Eradicator-No
3. Superman saving L.L.-Yes. He took a smack from the AM.
4. Surfer-Yes. He survived Crunch energy, he can survive Galactus.
5. King Thor-Yes
6. SMP- Of Course. He lived thru a universe exploding in his face.
7. Thanos without shields-No
7a. Thanos with best shielding-Yes
8. Juggs-Yes
9. Current Hulk-No
10. Onslaught-Yes
11. Darkseid-Yes. He did it already in cross over.
12. Highfather-Probably the same as DS.
13. Taikon-Don't know who this is. If it's Takion, yes. He survived Ares with God wave which would be like a full powered Galactus.
14. Glads-Maybe. Not familiar with this one too much.
15. Batman -Hell no.

Slaanesh
not totally sure.. but he seems to be on the outskirts of the explosions reach not point blank like anni was.

the watcher was far away to..and he died from it..so i just assume that the blast is still powerful even if u're not at point blank..but thats probably a weak ass watcher..

Omega Vision
For the purposes of this thread I believe it's whose body would it destroy and whose can survive it. I kinda believe it would destroy him though anyways for all time.
Is there anything in the OP that suggests that the question is one of bodily destruction?

He was killed by the detonation of Warworld AND the Yellow Central Battery. I'd put that above Galactus's blast.

quanchi112
Is there anything in the OP that suggests that the question is one of bodily destruction?

He was killed by the detonation of Warworld AND the Yellow Central Battery. I'd put that above Galactus's blast. You'd have to ask the threadstarter that's just my take.

I feel like big G's blast is far greater than that. It ended the war and disintegrated a watcher among billions of others. The blast from sc corps isn't even comparable imo.

Omega Vision
You'd have to ask the threadstarter that's just my take.

I feel like big G's blast is far greater than that. It ended the war and disintegrated a watcher among billions of others. The blast from sc corps isn't even comparable imo.
Why not? It was contained by the GLC (A LOT of GLs though), but it managed to nearly kill the Anti-Monitor. I don't see Galactus's blast doing the same.

paisapower
I don't see why Henshaw would die from this blast. His body might be destroyed, but his consciousness shouldn't be effected.

As I recall Henshaw wanted to die, so he must have dropped the ring shields, and let himself go(not using his own molecular control to brace),yet he still wasnt totally disintegrated by a galaxy buster

quanchi112
Why not? It was contained by the GLC (A LOT of GLs though), but it managed to nearly kill the Anti-Monitor. I don't see Galactus's blast doing the same. I definitely see big G's blast doing the same to a weakened Am.

Eternal Idol
They all die a terrible, terrible death.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
They all die a terrible, terrible death. Huh, it didn't kill Annihilus so there's no way they all die.

Eternal Idol
I don't remember Annihilus getting hit by the blast, but it's been a while since I've read Annihilation. Wasn't the Cosmic Control Plot Device still in his possesion at the time?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I don't remember Annihilus getting hit by the blast, but it's been a while since I've read Annihilation. Wasn't the Cosmic Control Plot Device still in his possesion at the time? Yes, but it didn't help that's the reason Annihilus was weakened to the point of Nova having a chance against him. Annihilus even states how it killed everyone else around him.

SuperiorTech
He had the Quantum Bands as well from what I can remember.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
He had the Quantum Bands as well from what I can remember. Yes, but I don't think that helped him survive the blast.

Ambient
Looking at the scan right now, his emitted in quantum energy all over. Seems like the Q bands quantum shield protected him from that blast..

In regards to Nova, it looked like he ported out just before the blast using the tech that Blastaar gave em...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Ambient
Looking at the scan right now, his emitted in quantum energy all over. Seems like the Q bands quantum shield protected him from that blast..

In regards to Nova, it looked like he ported out just before the blast using the tech that Blastaar gave em...

Spot on

Utrigita
Because Annihilus took it point blank.

Based on that a Watcher was killed by the impact, I believe it's fair to assume that the wave combined with it not losing momentum didn't lose power as it traveled either. (atleast not within the first 3 solar systems)

Agreed.

In regards to Nova, it looked like he ported out just before the blast using the tech that Blastaar gave em... Correct, Nova avoided the blast and Annie tanked it with the bands and his own power reserves, using up the band's juice and depleting his own reserves to the point he was defenseless when Nova turned him inside out.

That storyline was great, all the subplots came toghether really well at the end.

KuRuPT Thanosi
wish the T.I. came together so well

Galan007
Why not? It was contained by the GLC (A LOT of GLs though), but it managed to nearly kill the Anti-Monitor. I don't see Galactus's blast doing the same. And had they not contained the blast, it would have destroyed the entire Milky Way galaxy:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7357/greenlantern25031.th.jpg

I don't recall Galactus' blast packing THAT much of a wallop... But hey, it's been a while since I've read Annihilation. /shrug

TheTyrant
The HMR blast swept a galaxy clean. The WW blast and the HMR blast were pretty much as destructive as each other.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
And had they not contained the blast, it would have destroyed the entire Milky Way galaxy:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7357/greenlantern25031.th.jpg

I don't recall Galactus' blast packing THAT much of a wallop... But hey, it's been a while since I've read Annihilation. /shrug It was stated in another comic that the blast destroyed an entire galaxy, I believe in a somewhat recent Thanos one.

Galan007
^ Don't think I've ever seen that, but I believe ya. wink

Either way, Galactus' blast certainly wasn't "far greater" than the detonation of War World. They were apparently equal.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
It was stated in another comic that the blast destroyed an entire galaxy, I believe in a somewhat recent Thanos one.
Wasn't it destroyed or just wiped clean of life? Both are incredibly impressive, but destruction implies a higher order or power.

Mindset
I don't remember, so let's just say destroyed.

zopzop
@Omega Vision

Keep in mind he did this while being near starving. It's damn impressive.

Philosophía

Either way, Galactus' blast certainly wasn't "far greater" than the detonation of War World. They were apparently equal.
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Didn't Doom have the Cosmic Cube there?
If not, I gotta go back and re-read that series...

Anyway, Thanos says that Galactus wiped the galaxy clean with his Annihilation buster.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/thanos_004.jpg

Can I hear a "meh" in one, two..

Omega Vision
Originally posted by zopzop
@Omega Vision

Keep in mind he did this while being near starving. It's damn impressive.
I understand that.

TheTyrant
Wasn't it destroyed or just wiped clean of life? Both are incredibly impressive, but destruction implies a higher order or power.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/thanos_004.jpg

Black bolt z
Yes, but I don't think that helped him survive the blast. The Q bands control energy.Even if he couldn't control that much he should have been able to deflect a good portion of it away from himself.

zopzop
The Q bands control energy

that's within the electromagnetic spectrum. Anything not in that range and they are next to useless. Magic, Psionics, Darkforce, exotic energy (like whatever Dr Spectrum from the Squadron Supreme uses), etc.. ignore the bands.

Is Galactus' Power Cosmic within the electromagnetic spectrum? If no, that's why the Bands had no control over them.

quanchi112
The Q bands control energy.Even if he couldn't control that much he should have been able to deflect a good portion of it away from himself. Speculation.

quanchi112
Based on that a Watcher was killed by the impact, I believe it's fair to assume that the wave combined with it not losing momentum didn't lose power as it traveled either. (atleast not within the first 3 solar systems)

Agreed. Point of impact should always be greater.

Utrigita
Point of impact should always be greater.

According to the comic the annihilation wave from Galactus encompassed three star systems and wasn't slowing down, in short from the moment Galactus released it and until it emcompassed three star system it didn't lose momentum, therefor there is from my perspective no reason to assume that Annihilus was hit and was drastically weakened while Nova was also hit and was fin, the power lost can't have been that great. It simply doesn't add up, unless Nova teleported away before it struck.

Galan007

quanchi112
According to the comic the annihilation wave from Galactus encompassed three star systems and wasn't slowing down, in short from the moment Galactus released it and until it emcompassed three star system it didn't lose momentum, therefor there is from my perspective no reason to assume that Annihilus was hit and was drastically weakened while Nova was also hit and was fin, the power lost can't have been that great. It simply doesn't add up, unless Nova teleported away before it struck. It showed no signs of slowing down but that doesn't mean it wasn't more powerful at point blank.

Utrigita
It showed no signs of slowing down but that doesn't mean it wasn't more powerful at point blank.

Care to prove it was more powerful when it initially was released?

Black bolt z
Speculation. Fact.Omni-direction means all around.Compared to ow much energy he released the amount of energy that would have hit annihilus is not very much.Using the Q bands he could have directed a good portion of what would have hit him away from himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.