Adam Magus vs. Larfleeze

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins ?

Galan007
If Adamagus is allowed to be amped by trillions of followers during the battle (as he was when all/most of his high-end feats were performed in GotG), then it wouldn't be as much of a stomp in Larf's favor. Sans that, Larf pwns in a spitey fashion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
If Adamagus is allowed to be amped by trillions of followers during the battle (as he was when all/most of his high-end feats were performed in GotG), then it wouldn't be as much of a stomp in Larf's favor. Sans that, Larf pwns in a spitey fashion. How does Larfleeze beat him ?

What else I'd like to point out is how you allow Nekron to use Am as a power source along with his millions of followers and deny Magus the right. That's a huge double standard and one I have been aware of since the beginning on your part.

The Nuul
Larfleeze stomps.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
What else I'd like to point out is how you allow Nekron to use Am as a power source along with his millions of followers and deny Magus the right. That's a huge double standard and one I have been aware of since the beginning on your part. Double standard? Lol.

AM was transformed into the Black Lanterns' CB. Why wouldn't I give a Lantern access to their ring/CB in a versus match? That's stoopid, quanch.

Regarding Adamagus: I didn't 'deny' him the right to do anything (it's not my thread to change.) I merely stated my opinion on the outcome of a battle between Adamagus (both amped and not amped) vs. Larfleeze.

smile

iceman24567
Larfleeze wins

quanchi112
Double standard? Lol.

AM was transformed into the Black Lanterns' CB. Why wouldn't I give a Lantern access to their ring/CB in a versus match? That's stoopid, quanch.

Regarding Adamagus: I didn't 'deny' him the right to do anything (it's not my thread to change.) I merely stated my opinion on the outcome of a battle between Adamagus (both amped and not amped) vs. Larfleeze.

smile Yes. meaning he was amped throughout the entire storyline until the end. Magus uses belief energy as the head of the universal church of truth. I mean if you won't acknowledge the difference it doesn't hurt me at all.

How does Larfleeze win though ?

Galan007
Yes. meaning he was amped throughout the entire storyline until the end. Magus uses belief energy as the head of the universal church of truth. I mean if you won't acknowledge the difference it doesn't hurt me at all.

How does Larfleeze win though ? Nekron was amped, huh? Proof?

I understand how Magus' power works. However, when he destroyed the planets, and overlapped timelines, he was tremendously amped by his followers specifically for those tasks -- ie. he wasn't running around with that much power beforehand, otherwise he would not have needed the extra influx of energy from his followers to preform the aforementioned feats. Big difference. But if you want him to be amped in this thread, then so be it.
smile

Unlike the Guardians who have shared the energies of their CB with thousands of Lanterns over the millennia, Larfleeze has been hoarding all the energies of his CB for himself. He is essentially Ion+.

Black bolt z
If Adamagus is allowed to be amped by trillions of followers during the battle (as he was when all/most of his high-end feats were performed in GotG), then it wouldn't be as much of a stomp in Larf's favor. Sans that, Larf pwns in a spitey fashion. This

Prep-Man
What he said.

quanchi112
Nekron was amped, huh? Proof?

I understand how Magus' power works. However, when he destroyed the planets, and overlapped timelines, he was tremendously amped by his followers specifically for those tasks -- ie. he wasn't running around with that much power beforehand, otherwise he would not have needed the extra influx of energy from his followers to preform the aforementioned feats. Big difference. But if you want him to be amped in this thread, then so be it.
smile

Unlike the Guardians who have shared the energies of their CB with thousands of Lanterns over the millennia, Larfleeze has been hoarding all the energies of his CB for himself. He is essentially Ion+. Yes, throughout the entire story by his corps and by the Anti Monitor. On his own he was easily defeated after he lost all of his amp. Not the case with Magus even after he severely weakened himself he easily slaughtered the gotg and faked his own death against a cc user.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/bn_08_0022.jpg

So what ? We've seen what can happen when someone closes the gap on Larfleeze. We've seen Hal Jordan rip his battery off of him as has Luthor and Atrocitus. I mean it's quite sad even Luthor temporarily schooled him after shortly becoming an orange lantern.

Magus would have a field day with this greedy fool.

Prep-Man
Larfleeze.

Galan007
Yes, throughout the entire story by his corps and by the Anti Monitor. On his own he was easily defeated after he lost all of his amp. Not the case with Magus even after he severely weakened himself he easily slaughtered the gotg and faked his own death against a cc user.

So what ? We've seen what can happen when someone closes the gap on Larfleeze. We've seen Hal Jordan rip his battery off of him as has Luthor and Atrocitus. I mean it's quite sad even Luthor temporarily schooled him after shortly becoming an orange lantern.

Magus would have a field day with this greedy fool. AM was used as the power source for the Black Lantern Corps -- we've known that ever since the end of SCW. However, It was never stated that AM "amped" Nekron. Not once. Furthermore, Nekron didn't lose because AM was resurrected. He lost because the heroes were able to use the power of the white entity properly, by combining their will(s) to live (as clearly shown/stated in Blackest Night #8.) I mean, if AM were as important to Nekron you seem to be implying, then he would NOT have banished AM back to his own universe without thinking twice.

Context is key.

Regarding Adamagus: Before he was empowered by his followers specifically to destroy the planets and overlap timelines, he obviously did not have sufficient power to do so. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed the extra boost he received from them to preform those feats. That is literally the definition of an amp -- but hey, if you want Adamagus to be amped in this thread, then so be it.
smile

quanchi112
AM was used as the power source for the Black Lantern Corps -- we've known that ever since the end of SCW. However, It was never stated that AM "amped" Nekron. Not once. Furthermore, Nekron didn't lose because AM was resurrected. He lost because the heroes were able to use the power of the white entity properly, by combining their will(s) to live (as clearly shown/stated in Blackest Night #8.) I mean, if AM were as important to Nekron you seem to be implying, then he would NOT have banished AM back to his own universe without thinking twice.

Context is key.

Regarding Adamagus: Before he was empowered by his followers specifically to destroy the planets and overlap timelines, he obviously did not have sufficient power to do so. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed the extra boost he received from them to preform those feats. That is literally the definition of an amp -- but hey, if you want Adamagus to be amped in this thread, then so be it.
smile Yes, making it quite clear Nekron was always amped. If you won't say he was amped when he lost a huge power source then you don't admit to anything since it's right on panel. He grew incredibly weaker as he lost his corps especially Am. He was already destroyed once but with no corps members to rez himself he simply couldn't return.

It's all quite easy to understand. I am 100 percent correct so it makes no difference to me what you believe. Nekron was defeated twice, once by Sinestro in which he still was amped and then once by just rings when he was weakened he just lacked the means to return in another host.

I explained the context here and it's very clear right on panel.

Magus isn't amped and neither is Nekron unless otherwise stated. Magus doesn't need that amp to win or take his battery away I mean for crying out loud two humans did so already.

Galan007
^ laughing out loud

I don't know why, after all this time, I still try to 'debate' with you intelligently. Your pre-conceived notions have never changed -- probably never will. I knew that even before I started 'debating' with you, yet I still persisted.

Shame on me. sad

quanchi112
^ laughing out loud

I don't know why, after all this time, I still try to 'debate' with you intelligently. Your pre-conceived notions have never changed -- probably never will. I knew that even before I started 'debating' with you, yet I still persisted.

Shame on me. sad Everything I stated has been backed up. The scan makes it clear he was amped off of Am's power and his entire corps. Now if he normally has his corps power or has Am's dead body as a power source I get what you are saying but since the only time was for this story it's an amp.

Galan007
^ Absolutely nothing you stated is "backed up".

You said that AM was "amping" Nekron. That was never stated. Never, ever... If Nekron would have been relying on AM's power, then he would NOT have been so eager to BFR AM immediately after he was resurrected -- especially knowing that he still had the white entity to contend with. Think about things for once, quanch.

The fact is: Nekron's defeat had NOTHING to do with AM. He was beaten because the heroes were using the white entity's power PROPERLY, as stated/shown on panel (ie. they all chose life when given the chance, and that was the catalyst for controlling the white light.) That said, had Sinestro been channeling said power with the will to survive, as opposed to fueling it with his ego, he would have been able to defeat Nekron as well.

Context.

The Nuul
Dont forget that this is Quan, so he'd twist anything in his favor.

quanchi112
^ Absolutely nothing you stated is "backed up".

You said that AM was "amping" Nekron. That was never stated. Never, ever... If Nekron would have been relying on AM's power, then he would NOT have been so eager to BFR AM immediately after he was resurrected -- especially knowing that he still had the white entity to contend with. Think about things for once, quanch.

The fact is: Nekron's defeat had NOTHING to do with AM. He was beaten because the heroes were using the white entity's power PROPERLY, as stated/shown on panel (ie. they all chose life when given the chance, and that was the catalyst for controlling the white light.) That said, had Sinestro been channeling said power with the will to survive, as opposed to fueling it with his ego, he would have been able to defeat Nekron as well.

Context. If he is using someone as a power source than that's an amp because it's a source outside his own tech that he has no power over unless it's under these circumstances.

Nekron lost hold over his entire corps and then was defeated again. He isn't singular in nature as the scan I posted in another thread clearly states but at that point he was singular since he was the only left out of his entire corps.

He had no power over Am so he lost the power source then so why would he let him fire away on him his hold over him was already gone. So soon as he came back to life he lost his power source so there's no point in keeping him around as he can't manipulate or use those who are alive as a power source. Bfring was a desperate act. He lacked the power to defeat him and was quickly killed thereafter. Galan, I comprehend the entire scene word for word.

Nekron was already killed once by Sinestro but he could simply come back in the form of any corps member of his own. When the rings defeated him again he had no way back to the battlefield his tether in this reality was already taken care of. this was clearly addressed and is plain as day.

Sinestro needed to take away his corps to defeat him. If he was down to one body when he tore his heart out he would have won. With his corps amp which included Am there were too many bodies to kill. They had to eliminate the corps then kill him one last time which they did easily with their rings alone because he was so weak as he lost his amp.

Once again, context is everything.
smile

Galan007
*sighs*

Don't know why I took you off ignore.

Back you go. smile

quanchi112
*sighs*

Back you go. smile I backed up my case with scans and it's plain as day. I mean to put a guy on ignore just because they prove you wrong with scans and a very logical argument that's just not me anyways.

The Nuul
*sighs*

*Slaps Galan*

Slaanesh
If Adamagus is allowed to be amped by trillions of followers during the battle (as he was when all/most of his high-end feats were performed in GotG), then it wouldn't be as much of a stomp in Larf's favor. Sans that, Larf pwns in a spitey fashion.

agreed thumb up

If Adamagus is allowed to be amped by trillions of followers during the battle (as he was when all/most of his high-end feats were performed in GotG), then it wouldn't be as much of a stomp in Larf's favor. Sans that, Larf pwns in a spitey fashion. wouldn't magus stomp larfleeze with that kind of back up?

kevdude
I backed up my case with scans and it's plain as day. I mean to put a guy on ignore just because they prove you wrong with scans and a very logical argument that's just not me anyways.

Prove him wrong?? He was never wrong not once, you however was and still are wrong!! To defeat Nekron they needed to get Black Hand alive again to keep Nekron in his place and shut the door to the land of the living, which he won't be able to do here.. It took all of the White Lanterns and The Entity itself to bring Black Hand (avatar of death) back, insane amount of power!! Scans you say?? Here you go..

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1048/image208k.jpg
http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/6206/image209.jpg

It is still amazes me after all these years you are able to get to the keyboard with the amount of shit you type...

Larfleeze does take it.

Utrigita
^ laughing out loud

Shame on me. sad

bangin

Solidus Black
I give it to Larfleeze as well.

Larfleeze is insanely powerful and the beings under his own control potentially outstrip his own power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Prove him wrong?? He was never wrong not once, you however was and still are wrong!! To defeat Nekron they needed to get Black Hand alive again to keep Nekron in his place and shut the door to the land of the living, which he won't be able to do here.. It took all of the White Lanterns and The Entity itself to bring Black Hand (avatar of death) back, insane amount of power!! Scans you say?? Here you go..

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1048/image208k.jpg
http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/6206/image209.jpg

It is still amazes me after all these years you are able to get to the keyboard with the amount of shit you type...

Larfleeze does take it. That's to defeat him when he cannot return but since he doesn't have his corps here he just needs to destroy his body since he can't return on his own without another host body to possess.

He was also amped the entire story with the Am. Nekron would be raped by Thanos.

Magus takes this as Luthor, Jordan, and Atrocitus have dominated and taken away the big muppet's battery.

Magus dominates him imo.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Solidus Black
I give it to Larfleeze as well.

Larfleeze is insanely powerful and the beings under his own control potentially outstrip his own power. This

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
This All you need is to the means to ge to him and separate the battery from him even that's unnecessary. Magus is smarter than him and with a tiny blip he was clever enough to fool a cc user into thinking he made the biggest mistake of his life. Magus would own this muppet before he even know what hit him.

Prep-Man
This

iceman24567
I find it funny that Quan made this thread just to troll LOL

quanchi112
I find it funny that Quan made this thread just to troll LOL Stick to the topic.

Omega Vision
Stick to the topic.
You always say that when your back is to the wall.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You always say that when your back is to the wall. No, I always say that when I don't want to derail the thread. I gave solid reasoning and backed it up whereas my detractors have not.

Black bolt z
I backed up my case with scans and it's plain as day. I mean to put a guy on ignore just because they prove you wrong with scans and a very logical argument that's just not me anyways. laughing

PHAIL!Originally posted by iceman24567
I find it funny that Quan made this thread just to troll LOL thumb upOriginally posted by Omega Vision
You always say that when your back is to the wall. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
laughing

PHAIL! thumb up thumb up Magus wins. smile Prove me wrong if you can.

Black bolt z
Magus wins. smile Prove me wrong if you can. Larfleeze is a master energy manipulator and Adam uses mostly energy.

And this is so a bait thread.

If you believe Adam stomps why would you open a thread with it unless you want to bait someone or troll them?

GalacticStorm
^ laughing out loud

Shame on me. sad

Ive found this out the last few days. laughing out loud

iceman24567
Larfleeze is a master energy manipulator and Adam uses mostly energy.

And this is so a bait thread.

If you believe Adam stomps why would you open a thread with it unless you want to bait someone or troll them? Exactly what i was saying if he thinks its a stomp in Adams favor he either made a spite thread or a bait thread

quanchi112
Exactly what i was saying if he thinks its a stomp in Adams favor he either made a spite thread or a bait thread How is this a bait thread ? I simply disagree with those who choose Larfleeze. I mean relax.

Black bolt z
How is this a bait thread ? I simply disagree with those who choose Larfleeze. I mean relax. If you believe someone stomps someone else then don't open a thread about it.Its either created to be a bait or spite thread if the creator believes its very one-sided.

quanchi112
If you believe someone stomps someone else then don't open a thread about it.Its either created to be a bait or spite thread if the creator believes its very one-sided. People disagree with me. I see Magus dominating him based off his powers and intellect but these characters are in the same league it's fine.

Lord_Talron
ok, lets clear this up. quan, how many out of 10 do you believe that adam beats him?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
ok, lets clear this up. quan, how many out of 10 do you believe that adam beats him? The Battle
Due to some confusion, I will highlight this now. Unless otherwise specified in the opening post, the matches are one fight. The use of a character winning 7/10 is just to highlight a percentage or odds. There has never been anything in the rules which states there are 10 separate fights.

He wins the fight.

thst's how the rules go yes. But forum culture has diverged from it by now. What are the odds of larfleez defeating AM out of ten then?

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
thst's how the rules go yes. But forum culture has diverged from it by now. What are the odds of larfleez defeating AM out of ten then? I wasn't aware of this until I looked it up so i won't break the rules. Magus wins this fight.

Giving odds isnt against the rules. It's treating the battle like ten separate stances that would technically be.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
Giving odds isnt against the rules. It's treating the battle like ten separate stances that would technically be. Now that I am aware of the rules I won't be doing that again.

Lord_Talron
The Battle
Due to some confusion, I will highlight this now. Unless otherwise specified in the opening post, the matches are one fight. The use of a character winning 7/10 is just to highlight a percentage or odds. There has never been anything in the rules which states there are 10 separate fights.

He wins the fight. question: dodged.

quanchi112
question: dodged. I won't break rules even for you. Magus, 1/1.

Lord_Talron
why cant you use an out of 10 to show the percentage of stompage adam dishes out?

quanchi112
why cant you use an out of 10 to show the percentage of stompage adam dishes out? It's against the rules.

Black bolt z
^

laughing out loud at quan dodging.

Its impossible for him to say someone doesn't stomp.

Yeah Larfleeze beats Adam for I think 9/10.

quanchi112
^

laughing out loud at quan dodging.

Its impossible for him to say someone doesn't stomp.

Yeah Larfleeze beats Adam for I think 9/10. How does Larfleeze win ??

Black bolt z
How does Larfleeze win ?? He's a master energy manipulator and Adam uses mostly energy.

quanchi112
He's a master energy manipulator and Adam uses mostly energy. So ? All he has to do is take his battery away from him which mere humans have done.

Black bolt z
So ? All he has to do is take his battery away from him which mere humans have done. laughing

Phail.

quanchi112
laughing

Phail. How can Larfleeze even hit him ?

Black bolt z
How can Larfleeze even hit him ? Blasting him.

quanchi112
Blasting him. That won't work when he can go astral. Also this is all he has to do to take the battery away.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/gotg_19_019.jpg

The Nuul
Larf wins.

Omega Vision
That won't work when he can go astral. Also this is all he has to do to take the battery away.

That art is awful. They paid someone to do that?

The Nuul
They do pay Dillion, so I guess they can pay this guy.

Black bolt z
That won't work when he can go astral. Also this is all he has to do to take the battery away.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/gotg_19_019.jpg Thats a fail scan.

And his Battery isn't even in the battlefield.

quanchi112
Thats a fail scan.

And his Battery isn't even in the battlefield. Yes, it is. It's his power source it's like saying Thor doesn't have his hammer in the battlefield. Magus wins as he can effortlessly summon his power source.

Black bolt z
Yes, it is. It's his power source it's like saying Thor doesn't have his hammer in the battlefield. Magus wins as he can effortlessly summon his power source. No.The GL battery isn't on the field when a GL fights.Its not on the field for larfleeze.

quanchi112
No.The GL battery isn't on the field when a GL fights.Its not on the field for larfleeze. Larfleeze is in character to have it close by. He has it right by him at all times due to the greedy nature of himself. Did you read a comic with Larfleeze in it ?

Black bolt z
Larfleeze is in character to have it close by. He has it right by him at all times due to the greedy nature of himself. Did you read a comic with Larfleeze in it ? And yet for the purpose of the fight under the forum rules they fight in a nuetral universe where neither is at a disadvantage.He won't have the battery near him.

quanchi112
And yet for the purpose of the fight under the forum rules they fight in a nuetral universe where neither is at a disadvantage.He won't have the battery near him. He never fights without it. You just said something that doesn't make any sense. it's like me saying Thor's hammer isn't in the thread and he gets his powers in a neutral universe. Larfleeze brings his battery and gets his powers and Magus easily takes his battery and easily kills him.

Black bolt z
He never fights without it. You just said something that doesn't make any sense. it's like me saying Thor's hammer isn't in the thread and he gets his powers in a neutral universe. Larfleeze brings his battery and gets his powers and Magus easily takes his battery and easily kills him. Thors hammer isn't always in the thread with him.Does that mean Thor is completely powerless.

Larfleeze doesn't have the battery with him for the match.Deal with it.

/Discussion.

quanchi112
Thors hammer isn't always in the thread with him.Does that mean Thor is completely powerless.

Larfleeze doesn't have the battery with him for the match.Deal with it.

/Discussion. I am the threadstarter and I go based on how these characters fight in the comics so yes he has it. Deal with it. smile

Black bolt z
I am the threadstarter and I go based on how these characters fight in the comics so yes he has it. Deal with it. smile OK if you want to cripple larfleeze in the fight and make it even more of a bait/spite thread then it already is be my guest.

That art is awful. They paid someone to do that? I actually like it

quanchi112
OK if you want to cripple larfleeze in the fight and make it even more of a bait/spite thread then it already is be my guest. How is portraying him like he is in the comics in these threads crippling him ?

Lord_Talron
It's against the rules. lol.

so i ask again. on a scale of 1-10 what are the odds of adam magus defeating larfleeze?

quanchi112
lol.

so i ask again. on a scale of 1-10 what are the odds of adam magus defeating larfleeze? It's irrelevant here I have given my decision and I think Magus wins this fight 1/1.

Black bolt z
It's irrelevant here I have given my decision and I think Magus wins this fight 1/1. durpalm

quanchi112
durpalm Do you feel Larfleeze still wins ?

Black bolt z
Do you feel Larfleeze still wins ? Yes.Even if you cripple him even more then you did and make it even more of a bait/spite thread just so you can wank Adam and lowball DC characters like you do in every thread.

quanchi112
Yes.Even if you cripple him even more then you did and make it even more of a bait/spite thread just so you can wank Adam and lowball DC characters like you do in every thread. How is Larfleeze fighting like he does in the comics crippling him ? Give me a fight or two where he didn't have the battery in his possession.

Omega Vision
My impression of this thread:

Quan: Who wins?
Responder(s): Larfleeze
Quan: No Magus wins.
Responder(s): So basically you created this convinced that Magus would dominate? Isn't that basically a spite thread then? Or at least an attempt at a spite thread?
Quan: No this isn't a spite thread.
Responder(s): So in your opinion how many times out of ten does Magus win?
Quan: I'm not not going to break the rules. This isn't a spite thread.
Responder(s): Great. So how many times out of ten does Magus win in your view?
Quan: He wins 1/1.
Responder(s): Isn't that a dodge?
Quan: I am Thanos.

Black bolt z

Responder(s): So basically you created this convinced that Magus would dominate? Isn't that basically a spite thread then? Or at least an attempt at a spite thread?
Quan: I am Thanos. Pretty much.

iceman24567

Quan: I am Thanos. LOL indeed most threads have turned to shit recently i wonder why...

Lord_Talron
It's irrelevant here I have given my decision and I think Magus wins this fight 1/1. glad you can admit you think its a spite thread. i win

Black bolt z
glad you can admit you think its a spite thread. i win Saying it like that means he thinks its a stomp.

quanchi112
glad you can admit you think its a spite thread. i win No, I just feel he wins the fight. I also knew what you were trying to do I am very clever.

Black bolt z
No, I just feel he wins the fight. I also knew what you were trying to do I am very clever. So your saying adam stomps.

This is obviously a spite thread as quan keeps saying.Please close.

quanchi112
So your saying adam stomps.

This is obviously a spite thread as quan keeps saying.Please close. Why must you always run to the mods I said Magus wins the one fight they are having and I have backed my case unlike you.

Prep-Man
LOL indeed most threads have turned to shit recently i wonder why...

sad

Lord_Talron
No, I just feel he wins the fight. I also knew what you were trying to do I am very clever. ok let me make it easier for you. does adam magus have any trouble winning this fight, if so, how much

quanchi112
ok let me make it easier for you. does adam magus have any trouble winning this fight, if so, how much I think he has to work for it but once he takes off the battery out of his possession it's domination from there.

Lord_Talron
ok, that wasnt that hard now, was it.

quanchi112
ok, that wasnt that hard now, was it. I never make things difficult.

Omega Vision
I think he has to work for it but once he takes off the battery out of his possession it's domination from there.
Once? Not If?

quanchi112
Once? Not If? Nah. Magus can do so easily.

Prep-Man
AO

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
AO How ?

Omega Vision
Nah. Magus can do so easily.

So you admit it's a spite thread then? At least in your mind?

quanchi112
So you admit it's a spite thread then? At least in your mind? No, I just see him as having the tools necessary to do so. The tricky part is getting close enough but Magus has the abilities to do so. Once he gets close to him that's the easy part.

Omega Vision
No, I just see him as having the tools necessary to do so. The tricky part is getting close enough but Magus has the abilities to do so. Once he gets close to him that's the easy part.
How does he get close if he's being ass raped by thousands of orange constructs?

Prep-Man
Magus runs at FTL speeds and cuts Larfleeze. Easy.

quanchi112
How does he get close if he's being ass raped by thousands of orange constructs? He can go astral and even fake his own death if he wants to.

Prep-Man
Cheap.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Cheap. So him using his abilities is cheap ?

Omega Vision
He can go astral and even fake his own death if he wants to.
You mean go to the Astral plane? Isn't that self-bfr?

As for faking his own death how exactly does that work out? Because if he's just playing possum then Larf will tear his "corpse" up looking for jewels.

Prep-Man
So him using his abilities is cheap ?

Yes, Magus has to just run at FTL speeds. He doesn't need to do that.

quanchi112
You mean go to the Astral plane? Isn't that self-bfr?

As for faking his own death how exactly does that work out? Because if he's just playing possum then Larf will tear his "corpse" up looking for jewels. No, since he didn't leave the scene. Did you read gotg ? He was still there.

He already did so in the gotg thread he's that good even when pitted against a cc all while weakened.

Lord_Talron
I never make things difficult. it took several posts to get it out of you erm

quanchi112
it took several posts to get it out of you erm You were implying I saw this as a landslide when this simply wasn't the case.

Lord_Talron
that has literally nothing to do with you not giving me a straight answer. what i say doesnt prevent you from typing does it?

quanchi112
that has literally nothing to do with you not giving me a straight answer. what i say doesnt prevent you from typing does it? I gave you an answer and you were satisfied let it go.

Bentley
Agent Orange.

Magus was boosted by the faith engines of the Church of Truth during his whole GotG tenure, he won't have that commodity here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Agent Orange.

Magus was boosted by the faith engines of the Church of Truth during his whole GotG tenure, he won't have that commodity here. You think he was boosted even after this incredible feat ?

Bentley
You think he was boosted even after this incredible feat ?

Sealing the Fault you mean? Adam said he destroyed the Faith engines himself so they didn't discover his trick so the Faith engines were obviously still working. Kang confirmed he would be weakened just a few seconds so it's safe to say Adam was empowered by an external source.

Nihilist
Larfleeze wins

quanchi112
Sealing the Fault you mean? Adam said he destroyed the Faith engines himself so they didn't discover his trick so the Faith engines were obviously still working. Kang confirmed he would be weakened just a few seconds so it's safe to say Adam was empowered by an external source. He only used those said energies for the feat what he did in combat was on his own.

Bentley
He only used those said energies for the feat what he did in combat was on his own.

It could be the case, but as far as I recall we never see Adam fight anyone without having the faith engines close to himself and working after his full transformation, the fact he destroyed them and Kang's statement prove they were still working.

Then again, he fought the Guardians, Magus could probably beat them all -barring the CC- by himself. I wouldn't give him an auto win against a GL.

quanchi112
It could be the case, but as far as I recall we never see Adam fight anyone without having the faith engines close to himself and working after his full transformation, the fact he destroyed them and Kang's statement prove they were still working.

Then again, he fought the Guardians, Magus could probably beat them all -barring the CC- by himself. I wouldn't give him an auto win against a GL. No, because it's been stated on panel what he used the energies for the tremendous feat. He had power himself which he used after he weakened himself from the sheer strain of the feat itself.

That's very impressive and since it's been state don panel when he's used the fiath energies we don't assume he uses them without it being stated.

Saying he can't beat a gl is based on nothing and ignoring everything he did under the false idea that he used faith energies the entire time when it makes no sense he can do this yet not one shot everyone who steps his way seeing as how big his feat really was.

It makes no logical sense your way and you can't prove it anyways.

Magus wins.

Bentley
No, because it's been stated on panel what he used the energies for the tremendous feat. He had power himself which he used after he weakened himself from the sheer strain of the feat itself.

That's very impressive and since it's been state don panel when he's used the fiath energies we don't assume he uses them without it being stated.

He could've used them or not, as I said, what he did was well within his powers either way. But he did have those energies to work around. And your second statement is plain false btw, we don't need an on panel statement to assume he uses the energies. He had them around and it would have hindered him not to use them, the faith engines and the temporal weakness was aknowledged twice on panel, it heavily implies Magus had access to an external source. You're free to believe otherwise, I just bring it to the table so others take it into consideration.

Saying he can't beat a gl is based on nothing and ignoring everything he did under the false idea that he used faith energies the entire time when it makes no sense he can do this yet not one shot everyone who steps his way seeing as how big his feat really was.

I don't say he loses to a GL because I assume anything like that. He just didn't do anything above high herald to presume he can beat a GL fair and square. Illusions doesn't equal sheer power.

It makes no logical sense your way and you can't prove it anyways.

You can't prove Magus wins, the offensive abilities he displayed are nothing that could put GL down, let alone AO.

quanchi112
He could've used them or not, as I said, what he did was well within his powers either way. But he did have those energies to work around. And your second statement is plain false btw, we don't need an on panel statement to assume he uses the energies. He had them around and it would have hindered him not to use them, the faith engines and the temporal weakness was aknowledged twice on panel, it heavily implies Magus had access to an external source. You're free to believe otherwise, I just bring it to the table so others take it into consideration.

I don't say he loses to a GL because I assume anything like that. He just didn't do anything above high herald to presume he can beat a GL fair and square. Illusions doesn't equal sheer power.

You can't prove Magus wins, the offensive abilities he displayed are nothing that could put GL down, let alone AO. It made it clear why he needed these energies he needed to save reality from the fault. Acting as if he needs these energies to take on the gotg is complete speculation.

He wasn't just all illusions he had to fake it since the cc was brought into play.

Yes, i can. I can prove he easily takes the orange battery from Larfleeze like I already did with a scan. He also has extreme skill and is far too crafty for Larfleeze.

Bentley
It seems to me that you can't prove Magus wasn't using faith energies, and since I have bases to believe so it's a fair interpretation.

In the other hand Larfleeze can -easily- thrash him with constructs without getting near him. Prove Magus can get close enough to AO to use his fetching spell before he gets scattered around by constructs.

quanchi112
It seems to me that you can't prove Magus wasn't using faith energies, and since I have bases to believe so it's a fair interpretation.

In the other hand Larfleeze can -easily- thrash him with constructs without getting near him. Prove Magus can get close enough to AO to use his fetching spell before he gets scattered around by constructs. No, we see it stated on panel when he uses the energies for the tremendous feat. The writer makes it clear when he does use it.

You need to prove he uses his faith energies for combat since it's your claim.

He can go astral and appear right near him and then easily take it away.

Bentley
No, we see it stated on panel when he uses the energies for the tremendous feat. The writer makes it clear when he does use it.

You need to prove he uses his faith energies for combat since it's your claim.

I already explained to you that both Kang and Magus claimed that at the time he wasn't powerful enough to face the Cosmic Cube, Magus claimed he would be -because of the Faith energy he was gathering- simply because he always uses the faith engines to fight when they're available (another example: When he faced Nova in Thanos Imperative Ignition). You're the one who decides to CIS assume he wouldn't use those energies because you want a clear statement.

I don't get why you cherry pick showings with certain characters btw. It took much less to convince you Void is impossible to beat that what I'm explaining to you.

He can go astral and appear right near him and then easily take it away.

Moving in the astral plane doesn't change your position in the physical world. AO can always move too fast for Magus to tag or keep constructs defending him and his battery. The battle plan you describe assumes Magus will know for the get to go how to attack Larfleeze and that Larf will have no defense or whatsoever.

quanchi112
I already explained to you that both Kang and Magus claimed that at the time he wasn't powerful enough to face the Cosmic Cube, Magus claimed he would be -because of the Faith energy he was gathering- simply because he always uses the faith engines to fight when they're available (another example: When he faced Nova in Thanos Imperative Ignition). You're the one who decides to CIS assume he wouldn't use those energies because you want a clear statement.

I don't get why you cherry pick showings with certain characters btw. It took much less to convince you Void is impossible to beat that what I'm explaining to you.

Moving in the astral plane doesn't change your position in the physical world. AO can always move too fast for Magus to tag or keep constructs defending him and his battery. The battle plan you describe assumes Magus will know for the get to go how to attack Larfleeze and that Larf will have no defense or whatsoever. He just used all those energies to save reality prove there were more available to him at the time.

It's already power in character for him to use which he has access to just like Larfleeze can use his constructs through his battery.

Yes, it does. We've seen his battery taken how many times yet you claim it's a hard thing to do. Nah. The hard thing is getting in close proximity which Magus can do and easily. He can even fake his own death while doing so.

Larf uses his constructs and is a greedy fool when someone comes into close contact we've seen how stupid he is and never seen anything different from him.

Bentley
Magus had access to the faith engines because the ships of the Church of Truth were still there, Kang said he would recover his power after just a few seconds and Magus admitted he destroyed the faith engines himself so the machines which generate the energy were still there. The real question is: Would Magus hold back those energies he had already in hand against a Cosmic Cube just for the kicks? I think not.

quanchi112
Magus had access to the faith engines because the ships of the Church of Truth were still there, Kang said he would recover his power after just a few seconds and Magus admitted he destroyed the faith engines himself so the machines which generate the energy were still there. The real question is: Would Magus hold back those energies he had already in hand against a Cosmic Cube just for the kicks? I think not. That's still power available to him. Recover his power to do something he was still greatly weakened by the feat the sheer strain on him was enormous.

Magus used those energies to save all of reality he had none left and all those energies still can't beat a cc user.

Bentley
Magus used those energies to save all of reality he had none left and all those energies still can't beat a cc user.

Prove the energies were gone.

quanchi112
Prove the energies were gone. I don't have to the onus is on you. We don't assume everytime he uses his power it's due to the engines only when they state as much. Do you feel Magus has no powers on his own ?

TheGame17
No, I always say that when I don't want to derail the thread. I gave solid reasoning and backed it up whereas my detractors have not.

De-rail the thread? Stay on topic? You mention Thanos almost every time you post and he isn't even in this thread roll eyes (sarcastic)
Don't tell others to "stay on topic" until you do so yourself...

Bentley
We don't assume everytime he uses his power it's due to the engines only when they state as much.

The engines were there, he had to match a Cosmic Cube. He stated he destroyed the faith engines to protect his escape, why would it be natural for the ships to explode after Magus died? The reason: He was tapping into their power and the Cosmic cube had him beat, it was a trick, but Magus was tapping into their power.

Not everything has to be explicitly told to be understood, this is a graphic and subjective media.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGame17
De-rail the thread? Stay on topic? You mention Thanos almost every time you post and he isn't even in this thread roll eyes (sarcastic)
Don't tell others to "stay on topic" until you do so yourself... People ask me questions about Thanos over and over again I am debating the topic at hand. K. Bye.

The engines were there, he had to match a Cosmic Cube. He stated he destroyed the faith engines to protect his escape, why would it be natural for the ships to explode after Magus died? The reason: He was tapping into their power and the Cosmic cube had him beat, it was a trick, but Magus was tapping into their power.

Not everything has to be explicitly told to be understood, this is a graphic and subjective media. Then you need to prove he had energies left over and he used them against the gotg.

You need to prove it. You are simply speculating like usual.

If you make a claim you need to prove it. That's how debating works.

Bentley
Debating is rethorics and persuation, you don't prove stuff over subjective medias.

But let's assume I can prove or I can persuade you -I can't, you're stuborn-, the case would be: I already did. The two dialogues, Kang's and Magus's point towards the fact he used the faith engines, the fake destruction of the engines too, while you think those dialogues didn't mean a thing I assume they were meant to fill that part of the plot that was left stranded. I'm not actually debating with you, I'm explaining my interpretation of the book I read.

quanchi112
Debating is rethorics and persuation, you don't prove stuff over subjective medias.

But let's assume I can prove or I can persuade you -I can't, you're stuborn-, the case would be: I already did. The two dialogues, Kang's and Magus's point towards the fact he used the faith engines, the fake destruction of the engines too, while you think those dialogues didn't mean a thing I assume they were meant to fill that part of the plot that was left stranded. I'm not actually debating with you, I'm explaining my interpretation of the book I read. The book made it clear when he used those faith energies and the impact it had on him right after. They needed to act quickly before he mustered time to regain himself under his own power which he did.

The guy is full of power and craftiness without the fiath engines and a real monster with them at his disposal.

Black bolt z
AO still wins.

iceman24567
AO still wins. thumb up

quanchi112
AO still wins. How ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.