Annihilators vs Infinity Watch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Desaad
Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bell, Ronan the Accuser, Quasar, and Gladiator

vs

Thanos (no gem), Adam Warlock (Soul Gem-wielding version), Drax the Destroyer (Dumb, strong, power gem wielding), Gamora (no gem, god slayer wielding), Pip the Troll (w/ Space Gem), and Moondragon (w/ Mind Gem).

If you think it's a route for the Annihilators, add in Maxam for the Watchers.

What are Super Skrull and Firelord doing outside this thread?

Desaad
Huh? Superskrull and Firelord are not part of the "Annihilators".

I'm not referring to the Annihilation Wave story. I'm referring to the new team, announced today by Marvel.

http://marvel.com/news/story/14819/annihilators_assemble

And Super Skrull isnt in it? **** them! Also, I've lost interest in this thread.

Desaad
Cool story, bro. From your thus far spectacular contribution, we're all the poorer for it.

Yes. Yes, you are.

Prep-Man
id say cosmic avengers but i want to see how well they play as a tea.

Bouboumaster
Infinity Watch stomp, and it's a spite.

Thanos alone would murder most of team 1 in the first minutes of the fight. The addition of Warlock and Moondragon with their gems is plainly overkill.

Desaad
Warlock, without his gem, was extremely ineffective at this point in his career -- with it, he still wasn't near top tier, and guys like Thor or Ulik's older brother had sincere resistence to his karmic blasts.

Moondragon with her mind gem wasn't even enough to overcome the Silver Surfer with telepathic power, once he knew what he was up against -- hardly anything to write home about. In fact, I can't recall any impressive feats of the character while she had the gem, save for the vague idea of her shielding characters from Charles Xavier.

I've seen multiple posters refer to the new, powered up version of Silver Surfer has "Thanos level", citing the scene in Annihilation in which he does what supposedly only Thanos could do in terms of power output.

This isn't 'spite'. The fact that you think one group of characters beats another doesn't mean that everyone does, or that there is some conspiracy to discredit or make the fool of one group.

Frankly, I don't come on this board enough for 'spite' to be a real issue, and I don't care about any of the characters enough for me to have any reason to be 'spiteful' against them. Just thought it was a good battle, and that there might be some interesting opinions.

So far, though...

Black bolt z
Take away thanos and its a much fairer fight.

Otherwise watch stomps.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Desaad
Warlock, without his gem, was extremely ineffective at this point in his career -- with it, he still wasn't near top tier, and guys like Thor or Ulik's older brother had sincere resistence to his karmic blasts.

Moondragon with her mind gem wasn't even enough to overcome the Silver Surfer with telepathic power, once he knew what he was up against -- hardly anything to write home about. In fact, I can't recall any impressive feats of the character while she had the gem, save for the vague idea of her shielding characters from Charles Xavier.

I've seen multiple posters refer to the new, powered up version of Silver Surfer has "Thanos level", citing the scene in Annihilation in which he does what supposedly only Thanos could do in terms of power output.

This isn't 'spite'. The fact that you think one group of characters beats another doesn't mean that everyone does, or that there is some conspiracy to discredit or make the fool of one group.

Frankly, I don't come on this board enough for 'spite' to be a real issue, and I don't care about any of the characters enough for me to have any reason to be 'spiteful' against them. Just thought it was a good battle, and that there might be some interesting opinions.

So far, though...

Warlock was powerful enough to be considered in the top tier, along with the Surfer.

Moondragon was pretty powerful even without the gem: she, in the past, enslaved a planet. Surfer is just that tough.

As for the "Surfer is as powerful as Thanos", it's horseshit: Surfer get pwned by Lord Mar-Vell, and current Thanos owned Lord Mar-Vell like he was a baby kitten. This isn't even a contest. Thanos is leagues above anyone on team 1. It took a CC from Quill to put him down the first time when he was feeble. And he can't even die. Surfer nowadays is super bad-ass, but Thanos is just too powerful.

This is spite, because the gems are involve. If you take out the gems, you still have great odds for team 2, but it's less of a stomp.

Desaad
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Warlock was powerful enough to be considered in the top tier, along with the Surfer.

Against who? His gem was capable of, at max, putting out enough force to 'bring down a building'. His physical strength was generally portrayed as far below that of any top tier character. The only thing that ever saved him during those days was his gem -- and when that didn't work, he was screwed.

No, you'll have to give some feats of Moondragon WITH the gem, since that is the version you're talking about. What did she do WITH the gem?

And that 'planet controlling' thing is being misrepresented by you -- Ba Banis was controlled because she was controlling the high ranking government officials of the planet, and the members of her close guard, not because she was individually controlling every inhabitant of the planet. Drax alone was able to push through her most powerful, total assault. It fried his brain and he died, but it was so devastating an attack that Moondragon was left totally powerless afterward.

LOL, and Thanos being Mar-Vells conceptual opposite has nothing to do with that? Why is it that somehting like this gets used as an easy excuse for Drax/Thanos, but not for Mar-Vell/Thanos?

LOL, a barely functinoing CC with unknown power levels? That proves exactly nothing, except that it was more powerful than anyone on the Guardians team that faced Thanos -- which is to be expected, given that their most powerful member was probably Groot?

Thanos was also taken out by an Anti-Matter bomb, which multiple top tiers have shown resistance to AND ability to generate.

It's clear you only know the meaning of the word 'spite' from message boards -- it's not 'spite' because there is no 'spite' intended.

Psycho Doctor
Originally posted by Desaad
LOL, and Thanos being Mar-Vells conceptual opposite has nothing to do with that? Why is it that somehting like this gets used as an easy excuse for Drax/Thanos, but not for Mar-Vell/Thanos?

Did you read the story? Or are you just making shit up? Drax was designed by Cronus to kill Thanos. Thanos was designed by Death to let Mar-vell kill (or attempt) to kill him to bring death to the Cancerverse.

Drax killing Thanos makes sense. Thanos beating the shit out of Mar-vell has nothing to do with this "conceptual opposite" crap you're talking about because he wasn't powered by death to kill Mar-vell, the opposite actually. He beat the shit out of Mar-vell because he's more powerful, simple as that.

Yeah the same CC that was later stated in the comic that it could of wished Starlord into a god, yet he used it to partially KO a severely weakened Thanos fresh out of his cacoon.

Psycho Doctor
Oh and the Mar-vell that Thanos dominated was the same Mar-vell that almost killed your entire Annihilator roster + Nova at the end of TI issue 4.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.