Movie Monsters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
As the years have passed in entertainment, so too have passed theories and legends according to things undead, creepy, or just flat-out gross. Take vampires, for example.

We've got the original Bram Stoker's Dracula;
Anne Rice's vampires;
Twilight vamps;
Underworld vamps;
Buffy vamps,
Vampire Diaries vamps,
etc, etc.

Which, among the entertaining business, is the most convincing theory? Not just for vamps, but general movie monsters. Whose got it right when it comes to Werewolves? Mummies? Demons? The Devil? Zombies?

What do you "believe" in?

jaden101
I like the reluctant vampire portrayals of recent films such as Thirst and Let the right one in (or "Let Me In" for that matter). They connect more than the more traditional view of vampires (to me anyway)

To me there only seems to be the 2 types of Zombie movie...The dead coming back to life or the virus infected type. Obviously the latter is the more "realistic" scenario. I think it's also been portrayed better in recent years with examples such as 28 days later and I am Legend. Along with genre crossovers such as Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland.

As for Werewolves...Hit and miss for me...Wolf man was not for me at all....Night Watch and Day Watch were...

As for Demons and the Devil...I know comic fans hate the mention of it but Constantine is a great examples...Peter Stromare is great as Satan. There have been other brilliant portrayals in different genres too though...Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate...Even the tiny part that Rosalinda Celetano in Passion of the Christ was extremely effective and creepy.

As for other Devil and Demon portrayals...Linda Blair in The Exorcist obviously deserves a mention.

I still say Colm Feore as Andre Linoge (Legion) in Storm of the Century is one of the most intimidating bad guys in all of film...Even if the film itself is a cheap adaptation of Stephen King.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jaden101

As for Werewolves...Hit and miss for me...Wolf man was not for me at all....Night Watch and Day Watch were...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall werewolves in either Night or Day Watch.

There was several characters with the ability to "morph" into animals but sadly they were used too much in either film.

jaden101
Aye..that

Esau Cairn
Sorry I meant they WEREN'T used much in either films...people morphing into animals, I mean.

SnakeEyes
28 Days Later always seemed to me the most realistic take on "zombies." People infected with a rage virus is much more believable than the reanimated dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.