God Kratos vs Dante, Link, Bayonetta and Alex Mercer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGoldenSpy
Kratos the God of War and King of SPARTA sends his spartan army to conquer the rest of the world in a fit of rage over the Gods of olympus shunning him.

After a few days a harpy tells him that all of his men have been slain and he has 4 fierce warriors coming after him. This makes his rage and scowl grow to colossal levels.

He sees a strange green elf, a white haired demon, a witch and a shapeshifter running towards Sparta.

Because Kratos is a God, his durability, endurance, speed and strenght have all been increased times 6. He has all the poweres Ares displayed plus Zeus Thunderbolts, Hades souls,Poseidons rage and Atlas quake. His equipment are amulet of the fates (Sparta is surrounded by statues)

His weapons are Blades of chaos, Claws of Hades and Cestus and apollos bow.

Dante has everything in DMC4
Link has all the weapons and maskes from Oot/MM
Alex mercer has everything
Bayonetta has everything she used by herself
1. Human sized Kratos vs All of them
2. 300 foot Kratos vs All thier Final bosses

TheAuraAngel
Link with the Giant's mask vs Giant God Kratos?

I smell awesomely mega arm wrestle!!!

As for the thread....Not sure about the first one, but the 2nd one likely goes to team 2 since they get help from their bosses, which include a moon buster and a guy who TKs like a mother ****er.

MooCowofJustice
Link is not an elf. At least get things right if you're going to make a bad thread.

Last time I was in a Bayonetta thread I was told she has the strength to punch things up to above light speed. I said it was bullshit, but I think I was overruled. So if that's considered then Kratos loses horribly both times. Without that I dunno. Maybe a decent thread.

TheGoldenSpy
I'm not trying to make Bayonetta look weak or anything, I know she is powerful and I liked her game. But that end punch was so badly scaled I couldn't really take it seriously. They were fighting around earth and then they went behind pluto? I mean those planets would have to look like little bright lights. It's like saying Bayonetta can punch with infiniton power.

And they don't get help from them. It's just the bosses by themselves.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
And they don't get help from them. It's just the bosses by themselves.

?

Then...the title of the thread is a little off. I was always under the impression that Kratos was a god when he was giant. So it wouldn't really be God Kratos vs this team of protagonists, just Kratos vs them while God Kratos takes on the antagonists.

But then again, I know little about Kratos. Not that that stops Majora from dropping the moon on him or Ganondorf from TKing him. But whatever.

TheGoldenSpy
God Kratos would have TK aswell. It would cancel out. I suspect Kratos TK would be far better actually as it actually kills but i'm not going there.

That moon was tiny. Kratos at normal can move the gear of burden which holds the weight of olympus AND the labryinth.

However, jubelious did brake out of a real moon I think.

NemeBro
Dude, Kratos could physically lift the moon in Majora's Mask while human sized. no expression

GoW3 puts his strength at sufficient levels to support the Earth, since he overpowered Hercules, who performed that feat.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dude, Kratos could physically lift the moon in Majora's Mask while human sized. no expression

GoW3 puts his strength at sufficient levels to support the Earth, since he overpowered Hercules, who performed that feat.

It would still make a nice missile to hit him with while Ganondorf is holding him with TK. >_>

The Scenario
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Link is not an elf. At least get things right if you're going to make a bad thread.

Last time I was in a Bayonetta thread I was told she has the strength to punch things up to above light speed. I said it was bullshit, but I think I was overruled. So if that's considered then Kratos loses horribly both times. Without that I dunno. Maybe a decent thread.

As I recall, Bayonetta did that with a summon and it wasn't a physical attack. She may or may not have also recieved help with the summoning itself.

Anyway, Bayonetta can stop time, as can Dante I think. But thanks to those statues, so can Kratos.

BloodRawEngine
Even assuming Kratos doesn't just suck the fodder (ie Mercer) into the same type of mental pocket dimension Ares used on him or just TK-pop the heads of those vulnerable, I fail to see how anyone in the first scenario short of Bayonetta would make him break a sweat (as I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by her having everything she used herself).

NemeBro
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
It would still make a nice missile to hit him with while Ganondorf is holding him with TK. >_> If you are under the delusion that Ganondorf's TK is sufficient to hold Kratos, you are sorely mistaken. Particularly 300 foot tall God Kratos.

Demonic Phoenix
Atlas Quaking while he's 300 feet tall would be hilarious. hmm

~ If his stats are increased by a factor of 6, that likely puts his durability beyond what his opponents in the first scenario are capable of hurting. Link's the only one I'm not certain about, but without Bayonetta's summon, I don't think they have a way to hurt Kratos.

In Scenario 2, does Kratos while 300 feet tall take on Jubileus? He might not have a way to put that thing down, because I don't think he can pull off what Sheba did.

That said, Ares had the ability to take away Kratos' weapons and magic. Maybe Kratos could use that ability to take away the weapons of Dante, Link, & Bayonetta. Though I'm not sure if one has to be in the pocket dimension. Kratos losing his weapons in the Real World might imply otherwise.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

That was the summon known as Queen Sheba. She also had help from Jeanne, who isn't in this thread. But yeah, that summon is insane.

TheGoldenSpy
Hey now don't underestimate mercer I think all these guys are a similar threat. Have you seen what the guy can do? He runs up skyscrapers with 60 ton tanks and can make craters on the ground by punching his fists together and has better melee range with his whips.

Hulk would be proud.

BloodRawEngine
He's still the lowest threat here.

Cyner
Zelda 2 Link would be boss... *casts Spell*

rofl

The Scenario
Originally posted by Cyner
Zelda 2 Link would be boss... *casts Spell*

rofl

Yeah, would be hilarious. Unfortunately, Link's limited to his OoT/MM equipment in this match. Which would allow the Stone Mask, which is one of my personal favorites. And I guess the Giant's Mask, but I don't know how much that would increase Link's strength or if it would overcome Kratos' strength. Will probably hurt him the most, though. I would bet the Light Arrows would work, too.

TheGoldenSpy
He has advantages the others can't match.

He's just a virus, therefore he is immune to soul sucking. He has sucked thousands of people, including doctors, scientists and military officials and has all their memories, so he is the most intelligent of the group and most likely mind attacks will have little effect on him. And he turns his body into stone as an attack, so he should be immune to a gorgon ghost summon. He also came back from an atomic bomb so his regeneration and durability is the best of the group. Kratos can turn him into paste and he could come back by absorbing a spartan (although i'm sure he'll stop eventually, that just HAS to hurt like a motherf each time)

I'll rank them like this.

Speed
1.Dante
2.Alex
3.Bayonetta
4.Link

Magic
1.Bayonetta
2.Link
3.Dante
4.Alex

Strength
1.Link (with giants mask and gg's
2.Alex
3.Bayonetta
4.Dante

Durability
1.Alex
2.Bayonetta
3.Dante
4.Link

Intelligence
1.Alex
2.Link
3.Bayonetta
4.Dante

MooCowofJustice
Actually Alex's durability equates to the city block explosion. The nuke absolutely annihilated him, and he had to absorb something alive in order to come back. Otherwise, it would indeed have killed him.

Dante, Link and Bayonetta may very well be above his. But yeah, if he had biomass he could eat then his regeneration would be top dawg.

TheAuraAngel
If you are under the delusion that Ganondorf's TK is sufficient to hold Kratos, you are sorely mistaken. Particularly 300 foot tall God Kratos.

I thought someone with a fraction of his power could TK Hyrule into another dimension?

The Scenario
I thought someone with a fraction of his power could TK Hyrule into another dimension?

Zant could, but not by TK. It was more of a merging of dimensions without anything actually being moved. It's sort of inconsistently described. He might have pulled peices of Hyrule into the Twilight Realm, or covered Hyrule with Twilight matter, or even pulled the Twilight Realm onto Hyrule. The point is that both things ended up in the same place and bad crap happened.

Anyway, if I read the rules correctly, Ganondorf is limited to his Ocarina of Time appearance. That one opens up his use of the Gap Between Dimsensions, but the portal is only as large as Kratos' foot or so when he's giant. OoT Ganondorf could collapse a castle and blow the top floor off of a tower as well as trap things in crystals and teleport them. Also raise the dead to some degree.

Though I think Ganondorf's best option would be that thing where he summons a monster inside a giant to tear up their insides. Like he did to the Deku Tree and Jabu-Jabu. I wonder what Kratos could even do to stop a giant electric jellyfish swimming in his guts.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by The Scenario
Zant could, but not by TK. It was more of a merging of dimensions without anything actually being moved. It's sort of inconsistently described. He might have pulled peices of Hyrule into the Twilight Realm, or covered Hyrule with Twilight matter, or even pulled the Twilight Realm onto Hyrule. The point is that both things ended up in the same place and bad crap happened.

Anyway, if I read the rules correctly, Ganondorf is limited to his Ocarina of Time appearance. That one opens up his use of the Gap Between Dimsensions, but the portal is only as large as Kratos' foot or so when he's giant. OoT Ganondorf could collapse a castle and blow the top floor off of a tower as well as trap things in crystals and teleport them. Also raise the dead to some degree.

Though I think Ganondorf's best option would be that thing where he summons a monster inside a giant to tear up their insides. Like he did to the Deku Tree and Jabu-Jabu. I wonder what Kratos could even do to stop a giant electric jellyfish swimming in his guts.

Ah, I see. Was under the impression that it was TK. Thanks for clearing it up.

Though looking more closely at the rules, it says "final boss", which would mean Ganon, not Ganondorf. Feats for him? awesome

The Scenario
Ah, I see. Was under the impression that it was TK. Thanks for clearing it up.

Though looking more closely at the rules, it says "final boss", which would mean Ganon, not Ganondorf. Feats for him? awesome

Making a ring of fire and generally being menacing. Also knocking the Master Sword out of Link's hand. And I think he made a thunderstorm. And surviving a Master Sword being shoved into his forehead with no discernable injuries (after transforming back into Ganondorf.)

The Final Boss of OoT is a two-parter, Ganondorf followed by Ganon. 313

TheGoldenSpy
As God Kratos, he could probably break 10 of those crystals at once with a punch, even if he couldn't he'd just teleport out,

Thunderstorms? Poseidons rage could cover Athens 5 times over.

He could also summon skyscraper sized ghosts to go inside his body and kill whatever ganon summons if he even gets the chance.

NemeBro
This is getting stupid.

Ganondorf poses absolutely no threat to god Kratos whatsoever.

Kratos could overpower Ganon and giant Link with one hand with his full godly size and strength.

Kratos annihilates most of the opposition easily. Jubileus is the only one I am not sure about, admittedly I forget about what she can really do.

TheGoldenSpy
It broke out of the moon and supposedly was the creator.But it was never specified what it created. It also threw small galaxies at Bayonetta.

Demonic Phoenix
So he does face Jubileus? In that case, I say he likely loses, only because he doesn't have a way to put her down, outside of the BoO.

EDIT: Does Jubileus have a soul? I remember ScreamPaste posting a screencap of Jubileus' soul or something like that (the thing that gets punched to the sun). If so, Kratos might absorb its soul.

FinalAnswer
Mercer wins.

Nothing can stop him.

Not men

Not weapons

Not armor

TheGoldenSpy
It should have one since it's a spiritual being and since Kratos naturally already has retard elephant strength God Kratos will pull out and absorb it's soul eventually and he'll have Hades, Atlas and Jubilious soul inside him.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Mercer wins.

Nothing can stop him.

Not men

Not weapons

Not armor

big grin lol

danteiscool
He has advantages the others can't match.

He's just a virus, therefore he is immune to soul sucking. He has sucked thousands of people, including doctors, scientists and military officials and has all their memories, so he is the most intelligent of the group and most likely mind attacks will have little effect on him. And he turns his body into stone as an attack, so he should be immune to a gorgon ghost summon. He also came back from an atomic bomb so his regeneration and durability is the best of the group. Kratos can turn him into paste and he could come back by absorbing a spartan (although i'm sure he'll stop eventually, that just HAS to hurt like a motherf each time)

I'll rank them like this.

Speed
1.Dante
2.Alex
3.Bayonetta
4.Link

Magic
1.Bayonetta
2.Link
3.Dante
4.Alex

Strength
1.Link (with giants mask and gg's
2.Alex
3.Bayonetta
4.Dante

Durability
1.Alex
2.Bayonetta
3.Dante
4.Link

Intelligence
1.Alex
2.Link
3.Bayonetta
4.Dante

danteiscool
oh crap forgot to put my message at the end of it.

well as far as magic is concerned, I agree with your lists, TheGoldenSpy. but I think that some of them seem a bit off though I could be wrong.

Strength
1. Link with thos weapons of his (forgot name)
2. Bayonetta (can headbutt a building back at someone and throw an angel so hard at a tanker truck that it and the angel fly and crash into another big angel that knocks it down.)
3. Dante (supported the dead weight of the Savior without any visible strain and casually knocked a Mega Scarecrow around a room with one swing of his sword)
4. Alex (he can lift up and throw tanks and all, not to mention the musclemass ability, but imo Dante's feats seem a bit more impressive)

Durability
Bayonetta I'm not sure about since I can't recall ever seeing any durability feats for her.
1. Dante (took many hits from Nero's Devil Bringer during gameplay and cutscenes in mission 1 without seeming very hurt and it's shown that Nero's DB is strong enough to lift up Berial and crush the False Savior's face)
2. Alex (like you pointed out, he took a nuke even though he was not at ground zero although he was close by and got turned into a puddle)
3. Link

Speed
forgot Link's speed.
1. Bayonetta (although it occurs in gameplay, she can dodge a lightning strike and she also has Witch Time to slow her oppponents down)
2. Dante (was able to almost casually react to a Blitz and they seem to be able to move at the speed of lightning. not entirely sure, but that's what it seems like)
3. Alex (can run faster than cars, but hasn't shown anything to put him higher than Bayonetta)

well, that's my opinion though, but I think they got a good shot at beating Kratos or least hurt him given that three of them have supernatural attacks (Dante and Bayonetta pretty much being supernatural/magical beings).

not sure about the bosses though, but Mundus and Jubileus will put up a fight.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by danteiscool

Durability
Bayonetta I'm not sure about since I can't recall ever seeing any durability feats for her.

Speed
forgot Link's speed.
1. Bayonetta (although it occurs in gameplay, she can dodge a lightning strike and she also has Witch Time to slow her oppponents down)
2. Dante (was able to almost casually react to a Blitz and they seem to be able to move at the speed of lightning. not entirely sure, but that's what it seems like)
3. Alex (can run faster than cars, but hasn't shown anything to put him higher than Bayonetta)

well, that's my opinion though, but I think they got a good shot at beating Kratos or least hurt him given that three of them have supernatural attacks (Dante and Bayonetta pretty much being supernatural/magical beings).

not sure about the bosses though, but Mundus and Jubileus will put up a fight.

Well, the headbutting feat is also a durability feat for Bayonetta if you ask me.

Dante's top speed is still in the high hypersonic range, and I think he's the fastest character here. Blitz don't move as fast as Lightning, not unless they are teleporting. They just have Lightning surrounding their limbs.
Bayonetta's speed is 'high' mainly because of her Time Manip abilities, which can likely be cancelled out by Kratos' own Time Manip abilities. I think her best speed feat might be running faster than a car. Dodging Lightning is more of a reaction-time feat, rather than a speed feat.

Mundus isn't in this fight, it's the Saviour/False Saviour. It'll be tossed far away or just crushed by a 300 ft tall God Kratos. Jubileus and Ganon are the only threats I believe, and I daresay Kratos wouldn't have a way to take Jubileus out, outside of perhaps the Claws of Hades.

TheGoldenSpy
You are right, I don't ever recall Bayonetta taking a hit. She is just skilled enough to not get hit or she uses time stop. It's never shown how she dealt with re-entry to the earth but I think she used jeannes help and cast magic.

And she knocked the building by time stopping it and amping herself with magic. That's why I think she has the best magic.

I think Alex has the best durability because even if he can't take much initially his ability could make him last longer in the battle. I don't think Bayonetta or Dante can come back if turned into a puddle.

As far as speed, she can keep up with speeding cars in her couger form, but Alex is said to be able to run at 300MPH based on how fast he can run through manhatten.

I don't know about jubilious. It could make a bubble and change the weather inside it and threw galaxies that turned Bayonetta into a girl. I don't think they would hurt each other. It would be a stalemate but couldn't Kratos turn it into a statue aswell?

danteiscool
yeah I think so.

well it goes without saying that Alex has the best regeneration abilities of the bunch, but he had to consume a crow after the nuke to fully recover and it never really showed us how long it took for him to completely regenerate. every now and then it showed the screen blacking out for a few seconds which could indicate that some time passed during those 'black outs'.

well, all in all, this little team has some kind of chance to say the least. it just comes down to how much damage they can deal to Kratos before he can land a hit on them. I'm not sure how fast Kratos can attack in his god form, but I'm sure that most of the team can dodge. Dante for sure can probably dodge the attack.

really, it was the Savior, not Mundus? well in that case I agree with you Demonic Phoenix. Kratos would crush that thing. if Dante could go up against it without using DT, hell to go up against it and just screw around with it, then Kratos will definitely destroy the Savior.

The Scenario
As God Kratos, he could probably break 10 of those crystals at once with a punch, even if he couldn't he'd just teleport out,

I dunno about that (the crystals have also been shown to paralyze targets), but the biggest limiting factor would be that Ganondorf has never used it on anything bigger than a human, so it's doubtful he can even create one big enough for giant Kratos.

Yeah, that one was never really meant as a feat, since Ganon's storm does not actually do anything. It just makes a dramatic backdrop for the fight.

This one I'm more curious about. Has Kratos ever done this? I mean, I've never heard of Kratos putting a ghost inside his own body and to be honest that sounds like it would do more harm than good.

Phanteros
I dunno about that (the crystals have also been shown to paralyze targets), but the biggest limiting factor would be that Ganondorf has never used it on anything bigger than a human, so it's doubtful he can even create one big enough for giant Kratos.

Yeah, that one was never really meant as a feat, since Ganon's storm does not actually do anything. It just makes a dramatic backdrop for the fight.

This one I'm more curious about. Has Kratos ever done this? I mean, I've never heard of Kratos putting a ghost inside his own body and to be honest that sounds like it would do more harm than good. The whole putting a ghost thing into him was in the fight with hades where Kratos adsorb Hades's soul. As far as I recall it did nothing to him

Demonic Phoenix

This one I'm more curious about. Has Kratos ever done this? I mean, I've never heard of Kratos putting a ghost inside his own body and to be honest that sounds like it would do more harm than good.

I think he meant summoning the Army of Hades, and letting it attack his enemies.
The souls can phase through anything, including enemies (thus they are completely intangible), but they still deal damage to enemies only (juggling them even...coolforce?), so I'm guessing it could work on that thing, while keeping Kratos safe.

well, all in all, this little team has some kind of chance to say the least. it just comes down to how much damage they can deal to Kratos before he can land a hit on them. I'm not sure how fast Kratos can attack in his god form, but I'm sure that most of the team can dodge. Dante for sure can probably dodge the attack.

As per the OP, his strength, speed, durability, and stamina are all increased by a factor of 6. So he's 6 times faster than he normally is. His speed (combat/movement) increases if he uses Rage, but I don't think he has any of the three types of Rage available in this thread.

That said, if he's feeling cheap, he could probably try to put some distance between him and the group via teleportation, and then spam toss Zeus' Fury (Thunderbolts), and/or the Army of Hades. That would certainly f*** things up considerably for the group.
Bayonetta and Dante have a shot at avoiding some of the Thunderbolts, but it's up in the air whether or not Link can do it.

danteiscool
hmm forgot about that multiplier effect. but if I recall correctly, in his human form, Krato's is about peak human level in terms of speed so... well I'm a little bad at calculations sometimes, but I still think Dante is faster and if not then DT may give him enough of a speed boost.

and, TheGoldenSy, there's actually one more thing I forgot to mention about your Intelligence list. I think that Dante should be above Bayonetta in terms of intelligence since he has really extensive experience fighting demons of all kinds. he's also shown the ability to master any weapon he picks up instantly and that theatrical showing he had with Agnus had me thinking that he had some schooling.

in fact, I'd place Dante above Link too. then again I can't recall Link doing anything really crafty or anything so I could be wrong.

not to say that Bayonetta doesn't have any less experience fighting angels, but it seems that her knowledge is limited to Umbran witches and the Lumen Sages, so I'm not sure if she knows anything about Greek gods and how some can be weakened or whatever (assuming that the gods are subject to any weaknesses at all. Kratos doesn't seem to show any).

and DP, I just thought of something: when a Blitz moves around in a fight, does it turn into lightning? I ask this because in the cutscene it appeared in, it actually seemed to come from a lightning bolt in the sky, attracted to the metal pole in the area. and when it moves around, it doesn't seem to have any form, instead looking like an actual lightning bolt except for the times that it's about to attack. what do you think of that?

TheGoldenSpy
Dante is still massivley faster. Kratos would be a little less faster than couger Bayonetta. But don't underestimate what Kratos can do. When he crossed the lowlands Kratos showed his awesome jumping abilities and he's crafty with his blades.

Dante is definitley highly skilled when it comes to weapons but I placed him lowest on the intelligence scale because of the fact that his attitude and arrogance usually lead to him not taking anything seriously and getting his ass kicked and that's not something I would consider benificial in battle. He also underestimates some of his opponents from time to time and when he got stuck behind a door he just kept kicking it until jester showed up and told him what's what. I'm not saying he's some brainless idiot by any means, but he's not smarter compared to these other guys (and gal)

Link figures out ingenious temples full of traps and puzzles by himself and Bayonetta just seems more focused although just as cocky.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I think he meant summoning the Army of Hades, and letting it attack his enemies.
The souls can phase through anything, including enemies (thus they are completely intangible), but they still deal damage to enemies only (juggling them even...coolforce?), so I'm guessing it could work on that thing, while keeping Kratos safe.

Ehhhhh. Seems wonky, I dunno. Selective weapons are a b****.

I'd just say Mirror Shield.

Well. he's got the same instant weapon mastery that Dante does. However, OoT/MM Link is probably still mentally a 10 year old since he was in stasis for the 7 years. But even given that, he's extremely skilled in weaponry, stealth, horseback riding, playing instruments, etc.

TheGoldenSpy
Yep, the souls in GOW are intangable and can choose what they touch. Athena displayed this when he went through Kratos body and took his blades.

Demonic Phoenix
hmm forgot about that multiplier effect. but if I recall correctly, in his human form, Krato's is about peak human level in terms of speed so... well I'm a little bad at calculations sometimes, but I still think Dante is faster and if not then DT may give him enough of a speed boost.

Nah, he's faster than peak human, but it's not Dante level, or even Bayonetta level speed. Even with the multiplier, Dante's much faster in terms of movement speed, since Kratos does not even have the Sandals of Hermes.
Still, his combat speed roughly matches theirs, and with the multiplier, exceeds theirs.

His basic strikes take about 30 microseconds to pull off. In his fight with Hermes, Lightning occurs in the background. It has only one return stroke (one flash), and each stroke takes on average 30 microseconds. I just compared his attack speed to it. It's rudimentary, and might not be viable, but meh, it's a starting point.

and, TheGoldenSy, there's actually one more thing I forgot to mention about your Intelligence list. I think that Dante should be above Bayonetta in terms of intelligence since he has really extensive experience fighting demons of all kinds. he's also shown the ability to master any weapon he picks up instantly and that theatrical showing he had with Agnus had me thinking that he had some schooling.

in fact, I'd place Dante above Link too. then again I can't recall Link doing anything really crafty or anything so I could be wrong.

Meh, Kratos beats them all in overall intelligence, which is saying something. peaches
Not only has he completed a clever puzzle in 3 (albeit, Link's much better than him in puzzle solving), but he routinely comes up with creative ways to systematically weaken and then dispose of his enemies, often using the environment to his advantage.

and DP, I just thought of something: when a Blitz moves around in a fight, does it turn into lightning? I ask this because in the cutscene it appeared in, it actually seemed to come from a lightning bolt in the sky, attracted to the metal pole in the area. and when it moves around, it doesn't seem to have any form, instead looking like an actual lightning bolt except for the times that it's about to attack. what do you think of that?

Yeah, they're faster than I remembered. They like to 'teleport' a lot, and I presume it's at Lightning speed.
I'm guessing they really are as fast as Lightning when their electric shroud is up, and that their lunges being so slow could just be a gameplay mechanic. That said, I find it funny that bullets can hit them while they are that fast.

Demonic Phoenix
Ehhhhh. Seems wonky, I dunno. Selective weapons are a b****.

What can we do? It's just the way it works. Could be that they don't harm him since he's the one that summoned them in the first place.

I'd just say Mirror Shield.

Won't stop the Army of Hades, I think.

TheGoldenSpy
Well I don't believe Kratos is smarter than Alex but people should not underestimate his brain power. He's not the witless killing machine people make him out to be. Even when Hermes taunted him over and over and ran away from him Kratos kept his cool and kept Hermes pressured until he cornered him. Then what does Kratos do? He launches a boulder at him and hides behind it to catch his bich ass.

NemeBro
Alex Mercer is by far the most intelligent.

He has the experience, knowledge, and intelligence of THOUSANDS of people.

danteiscool
hmm, that's true. Alex when he was human was a top notch scientist, but by the end of the game he had consumed over a thousand people and had their knowledge.

and DP, are you sure that Kratos is that fast in combat speed? I remember him dodging lightning once I think, but when it comes to throwing blows, his punches didn't seem very fast, at least in comparison to Dante, Link, or Bayonetta. he can most likely attack faster than Alex though.

I almost forgot that Kratos was the leader of an army once. that alone tells me he's smart because it takes brains to lead an army. and it's true that Dante does screw around often, but he seems to know when things are to be taken seriously right from the get-go sometimes.

yeah, I had a feeling that a Blitz really does move at lightning speed, however the thing you mentioned about them being hit by the bullets like that is probably because in game, Dante never misses. from what I can tell when I play DMC4, it looks as if Dante shoots at the spot the Blitz is about to move to, hence why the Blitz can be struck while moving. the only times where they can really get shot though is when they're about to attack you or when they stop for several seconds on the ground.

TheGoldenSpy
As for Kratos attack speed, one of his attacks in ghost of sparta, with the arms of sparta he attacks so fast the spear leaves after images. So he's decent. Not the fastest but he has an iron chin to make up for it.

Also, He can shoot and reload 5 bows in less than a second.

ScreamPaste
Just throwing this out there:

Kratos and Link have both demonstrated striking speed sufficient to swat lightning out of the air.

Edit: Ganondorf, too.

Just straightening things up concerning their speeds.

TheGoldenSpy
Since Link has his mirror shield he wouldn't even need to but what was his best speed feat in OoT/MM? Been a while since I played those.

ScreamPaste
Since Link has his mirror shield he wouldn't even need to but what was his best speed feat in OoT/MM? Been a while since I played those.
In the Ganondorf boss battle he and Ganon played tennis with lightning bolts.

TheGoldenSpy
True, forgot about that. None of these guys are getting blindsided by any means. But in terms of movement speed and agility I think Link is the least mobile. sad

But he's still the strongest in the group.

Tha C-Master

GoW3 puts his strength at sufficient levels to support the Earth, since he overpowered Hercules, who performed that feat. That Hercules thing seemed more like a leverage feat to me. Lifting and fighting strength don't carry over quite the same either.

Demonic Phoenix
and DP, are you sure that Kratos is that fast in combat speed? I remember him dodging lightning once I think, but when it comes to throwing blows, his punches didn't seem very fast, at least in comparison to Dante, Link, or Bayonetta. he can most likely attack faster than Alex though.

He regularly deflects lightning bolts thrown at him. To be fair, according to the God of War novel, Artemis can fire off her arrows faster than Lightning, which is why it could be possible that Zeus' bolts actually travel faster than regular Lightning.

As for his punching speed, there's not much I can say, but again, there's that whole basic attack with the Blades taking about as much time as a Lightning stroke lasts. Hermes' jump kick attack takes about the same amount of time.

Now, as for Dante, I think his best attacking speed feat was that Rain storm feat in the DMC3 Intro, but that is non-canon.
He pulls off something similar when diving down Teme-ni-gru, but that is unquantifiable.

yeah, I had a feeling that a Blitz really does move at lightning speed, however the thing you mentioned about them being hit by the bullets like that is probably because in game, Dante never misses. from what I can tell when I play DMC4, it looks as if Dante shoots at the spot the Blitz is about to move to, hence why the Blitz can be struck while moving. the only times where they can really get shot though is when they're about to attack you or when they stop for several seconds on the ground.

It's a plausible explanation.

danteiscool
I didn't know that about Kratos. I gotta start paying more attention to the games.

hmm... if that's the case with his speed, then shouldn't that make him faster at attacking than anyone on the team opposing him? and since his god form multiplies it by a factor of 6 then he should be able to blitz them without much trouble. but of course Dante in DMC4 is much more powerful than DMC3 and Bayonetta has Witch Time. then again, we have no idea just how much stronger, tougher, and faster Dante is in DMC4 than he was in DMC3 other than the feats he's shown while screwing around and I doubt Bayonetta's WT will help too much.

TheGoldenSpy
When I increased his speed, I meant for him to be able to run, jump and roll around faster not for him to be to be able to strike faster. It would be a BS fight if he could attack that fast.

My fault, I should have clarified.

danteiscool
oh in that case, that makes more sense. if Kratos had been able to strike faster then the opposing team would really be in trouble.

still, given that he can move around dodge faster than normal, the team is in for a rough time to hit Kratos.

The Scenario
Link uses Stone Mask, becomes unnoticeable, stabs Kratos in back?

Nephthys
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
In the Ganondorf boss battle he and Ganon played tennis with lightning bolts.

Lightning 'bolts'?

awesrg

MooCowofJustice
The ball lightning theory is crap. Unless you want to give Ganon a really broken power.

Nephthys
I disagree. An how is ball lightning a 'really broken power?' At the least its better than full-speed lightning.

Ganon's lightning:

UK5tjyp8nEc

Actual lightning (may be actually be authentic though ;p ):

http://lightningcoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/lightning-bolt-poster.jpg

Ball lightning:

http://www.devicedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ball-lightning-02.jpg

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong!

TheGoldenSpy

Nah, Links best bet is wearing giants mask with Golden Guantlents. Stone mask doesn't even make him invisible. There were some gerudo gaurds that could see through it. I doubt it would trick Kratos.

What if Ganondorf wore Majora's Mask?

NemeBro
Ganondorf is much more powerful than Majora, what aid can the mask offer him?

Demonic Phoenix

Assuming a stab can even put down this Kratos, who would have both enhanced durability AND regeneration.

hmm... if that's the case with his speed, then shouldn't that make him faster at attacking than anyone on the team opposing him? and since his god form multiplies it by a factor of 6 then he should be able to blitz them without much trouble. but of course Dante in DMC4 is much more powerful than DMC3 and Bayonetta has Witch Time. then again, we have no idea just how much stronger, tougher, and faster Dante is in DMC4 than he was in DMC3 other than the feats he's shown while screwing around and I doubt Bayonetta's WT will help too much.

Yeah, but now only his movement speed has been amped.

DMC4 Dante's probably better than his DMC3 counterpart by a respectable amount, but I doubt it is major. Maybe three times as fast and strong? His best strength feat in 3 is to lift a Bike, but I doubt that was his upper limit. In 4, he lifts a pretty good portion of the lifeless Saviour with one arm, but he strains a bit.
His durability has been increased though.
He got floored by a punch from Beowulf in 3, but he can tank punches from Nero with no ill effect.

TheAuraAngel
Ganondorf is much more powerful than Majora, what aid can the mask offer him?

It could provide him with even more power! And then he can use the trident and get even more power that way!

Seriously though, Ganondorf wearing Majora's Mask would be cool to see, if only so the Zelda fans can see what happens when you mix chocolate and peanut butter.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Nephthys
I disagree. An how is ball lightning a 'really broken power?' At the least its better than full-speed lightning.

Ganon's lightning:

UK5tjyp8nEc

Actual lightning (may be actually be authentic though ;p ):

http://lightningcoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/lightning-bolt-poster.jpg

Ball lightning:

http://www.devicedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ball-lightning-02.jpg

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong!

The idea is crap because it's either not applicable to the particular situation Ganon and Link always find themselves in, or it gives Ganon a new power, like the power to create black holes.

Did anyone look at any of the hypotheses of how Ball Lightning is created? Nobody even knows for sure how it happens, so one day I just looked at a few of the possibles on Wikipedia. And as I've explained, they either don't apply, or give Ganon a new power in order to apply.

danteiscool
true and from what I can tell, Nero seems to have the same level of speed Dante had in DMC3, but in one of the cutscenes in mission 1, Nero was shooting at Dante only to realize that he was shooting at air after stopping to reload. Dante popped up right behind him after that and he didn't seem to have put much effort into moving.

in 3, Dante's best strength feat other than the bike one would be him destroying the head of that statue with a punch. it may not seem like much, but it does take some considerable strength to make a shockwave from a punch travel up a statue and make the head explode like that.

yeah, Dante did get floored by Beowulf, but he seemed to have been screwing around in the beginning of the fight judging by the pre-battle cutscene, but by the end, he had realized that he should've stopped messing around and it led to him getting punched into the floor.

stamina wise, Dante has quite a lot too. in 3, the only times he tired was when he fought Vergil and Arkham. he also tired out against Beowulf but that was because he hadn't tried hard enough in the beginning like I said earlier. in 4, Dante only tired when he went up against Nero the second time around and even then he wasn't particularly winded and once again, he toyed with Nero for most of, if not all of, the fight.

TheGoldenSpy
Just so you guys know what god of war powers are.

Materialized comets out of the sky
Can create 4 mountain sized columns and slam them together in giant mode
Can change size (limited for this thread)
Good regeneration
Can chage the shape of weapons
Teleportation
Can make dimensions
Pyrokenisis, Telekenisis
Summon armies undead creatures (banned for this fight)
Some amount of precog
Awesome aim

danteiscool
well then, that certainly changes the way this fight goes. if Kratos goes full force from the get go, then I honestly can't see the team lasting too long. the ones that would last the longest are Dante and Alex due to their strength and regeneration. Link too maybe given his weapons.

you know too, all of them are pretty versatile fighters. if I had to make a list of most versatile to least it'd go like:

1. Dante (all of those weapons and guns he has along with all of the moves he has for them as well from the swordslinger and gunslinger styles. add in the default combos for each weapon that never change of course along with trickster and royal guard and Dante is undoubtedly the versatile of the bunch).
2. Alex (his claws, hammerfist, whipfist, musclemass, blade, armor, shield, and his two visions and combos for all forms. also shapeshifting).
3. Bayonetta (has a lot of moves and can summon different demons from her hair. she also has some weapons as well that have their own unique feel to them).
4. Link

BloodRawEngine

That'll have about the same effect as a mosquito bite to the back of the neck, followed by the same effect as swatting one if the bug/Link gets greedy.

That's assuming that 1. It even works on Kratos in the first place (if he can navigate through Hera's Garden and assemble, then overcome the Labyrinth, this shouldn't be much of a problem), and 2. Kratos doesn't just use Helios' head to bring him back out.

ScreamPaste
Kratos gets GoW3 items in this thread?

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Kratos gets GoW3 items in this thread?
He got Nemean cestus, Claws of Hades and Apollo's bow.

And now that I think about it, it was silly to give him atlas quake when he had nemean cestus.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine

That's assuming that 1. It even works on Kratos in the first place (if he can navigate through Hera's Garden and assemble, then overcome the Labyrinth, this shouldn't be much of a problem), and 2. Kratos doesn't just use Helios' head to bring him back out.

He doesn't have Helios' Head in this thread though. The stab still shouldn't do much though, apart from give away Link's position, thus setting him up for a violent demise.

RE: Blaxican
I hate this thread and everyone in it.

Nephthys
Even me?!

TheGoldenSpy
Which one of these would take more strength to do?

Bracing and headbutting a skyscraper miles away or Stopping the foot of the colossus and throwing it away?

I'm thinking the skyscraper has more dead weight but the fact that colossus was walking around and stomping holes through concrete buildings makes me think Kratos dealt with way more force.

Nephthys
The second. That first one is so ridiculously, idiotically impossible it doesn't even factor. Your head would just go through the wall or something. At least the second one is metal I guess plus alot smaller.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
The second. That first one is so ridiculously, idiotically impossible it doesn't even factor. Your head would just go through the wall or something. At least the second one is metal I guess plus alot smaller.

Anything is possible with enough Christmas Spirit! smile

Nephthys
Bah! Humbug.

danteiscool
when Bayonetta headbutted the building, she hit the bottom of it, which is concrete. now I can't recall the second feat you mentioned, but it also depends on how easily Kratos did it. Bayonetta knocked that building back like it was nothing. if Kratos did stop and throw back the foot of the Colossus just as easily then Kratos's feat is definitely better.

Nephthys
I'm sorry, but theres still absolutely no way she could have done it. Either her head or the concrete would have given in, assuming she can actually muster up the force necessary to effect it. Its just not possible to punt something that size with something the size of a forehead (unless they both happen to be made of incredibly hard substances).

danteiscool
well, before she headbutted the building, she had this bluish aura around her body so that could be the reason why she knocked that building back so easily.

as for her mustering up the force, I'd say she probably could given how she can toss around other huge angels in the game.

NemeBro
Which one of these would take more strength to do?

Bracing and headbutting a skyscraper miles away or Stopping the foot of the colossus and throwing it away?

I'm thinking the skyscraper has more dead weight but the fact that colossus was walking around and stomping holes through concrete buildings makes me think Kratos dealt with way more force. I'm thinking Kratos has much better strength feats than throwing the Colossus a couple miles.

CosmicComet
Kratos wouldn't be able to headbutt a skyscraper away, because his games adhere to physics a tad more than Bayoshitta's.

If he headbutted the skyscraper, it would simply break, as its supposed to with that sort of force behind it. And he wouldn't need to slow down time to do it either, it could come at full speed as it was originally thrown.

Yes, he has the feats that say he could do this.

NemeBro
He is at world supporting strength as of GoW3, so yeah, he is much stronger than Bayonetta or anyone here.

CosmicComet
Yeah but that's more overkill than it has to be.

Poseidon flew headfirst at unknown supersonic speeds threw the chest of a multimillion ton doomsday looking titan, with no sign of injury. Much heavier than a skyscraper, let alone a skyscraper as meager as the bayonetta one. And we already know titans are durable enough to fall from Mount Olympus all the way through the cracks of the Earth down to Tartarus with no injury from the fall (Gaea's hand fell down to Tartarus and it was completely in-tact).

On the other hand, Kratos punching or headbutting Poseidon causes him to bleed and reel in pain. Same thing with Zeus even.

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yeah but that's more overkill than it has to be.

Poseidon flew headfirst at unknown supersonic speeds threw the chest of a multimillion ton doomsday looking titan, with no sign of injury. Much heavier than a skyscraper, let alone a skyscraper as meager as the bayonetta one. And we already know titans are durable enough to fall from Mount Olympus all the way through the cracks of the Earth down to Tartarus with no injury from the fall (Gaea's hand fell down to Tartarus and it was completely in-tact).

On the other hand, Kratos punching or headbutting Poseidon causes him to bleed and reel in pain. Same thing with Zeus even.

Well, lets be fair about this. Bayonetta headbutting the skyscraper is utterly retarded on several levels when you really think about it, but so is Poseidon getting hurt by Kratos throwing him into stone when he dove head first and knocked down that thing. I can believe Kratos has a body strong enough to hurt Poseidon, considering he can't even be scratched by a volcanic eruption but there really was nothing special about the rocks and he should have made a hole through them without taking any injury.

CosmicComet
Well, there's no reason he would have flown through them really, Kratos just sort of tossed him into it after they had already landed on the cliff. He wasn't moving as fast as when he flew down.

And nah Mt. Olympus is no ordinary mountain, Zeus was the one who created it after the Titanomarchy, and all of it is lustrous rock whereas normal mountains often have a lot of compacted dirt comprising them on top of rocks.

Mt. Olympus also has a great durability feat, when the doomsday titan (that's what I'll call him from now on), initially broke off a piece of the mountain and threw it up, its impact did no damage to the rock that was already there. It sort of hit in-between where the pillar of the palace started and the mountain itself ended. The palace marble and mt olympus itself are thus very durable.

CsbtgyRObXo
As you can see at 3:31-3:38. And the thrown piece is clearly smaller than the area it hit, thus its breakage compared to vice versa, is justifiable.

TheGoldenSpy
After rewatching the cutscenes it seems that it was actually Gaia punching his water form core that injured him and then Kratos used the momentum to tackle Poseidon out of the construct.

So yeah nvm. But the mountain has to be massive. Atleast 5 times larger than everest.

Demonic Phoenix
After rewatching the cutscenes it seems that it was actually Gaia punching his water form core that injured him and then Kratos used the momentum to tackle Poseidon out of the construct.

So yeah nvm. But the mountain has to be massive. Atleast 5 times larger than everest.

And she can likely punch at supersonic/subsonic speeds (you can hear air rushing by...but I'm not entirely sure if its supersonic). Combine her arm's speed, along with Kratos' super-jumping skills, and you'll know that Kratos was moving pretty fast when he tackled Poseidon. He probably kept a fair percentile of that momentum when he tossed Poseidon into that rock.

CosmicComet
Her punch sounds like a jet or something. Pretty insane.

Also, Kratos was keeping still on her hand while the punch was being thrown just from the grip strength of his right hand alone.

danteiscool
that is impressive indeed. and I'm sure that the momentum carried over to Kratos when he threw Poseidon into the rocks.

as for Gaia's punching speed, it seems like it could be supersonic given that things moving at such speeds tend to make the air rush like that. and for Kratos to hold on like that is also impressive. that shows he has one hell of a grip.

thereciever
this is still pretty pathetic if you ask me because do to the match it seems to me because its 4 against 1 is kratos thats strong wow they must be hella weak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.