You're trapped in an indestructible stadium with H/P Doomsday...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
You have to survive for one hour...and you can pick one warrior or team to defend you...who do you pick? You cannot leave the stadium nor can Doomsday be bfred.

- Superman

- Silver Surfer

- Thor

- Green Lantern (Hal)

- Wonder Woman and Batman

- Hulk and Captain America

Stoic
I'd choose the Hulk and Captain America. The Hulk would match him and with the shield in his possession he'd cut his head off, and kick it to the other side of the stadium.

Silent Guardian
Probably Silver Surfer.

Superman as a second I guess. But I feel he would not be significantly motivated unless my name was Lois.

Normal Thor would get destroyed

Batman and Wonder Woman wouldn't be able to do Jack.

If the GL was Kyle, maybe I would have a chance. Hal would be an idiot and get me killed somehow

chomperx9
Id want to choose hal but then again the ring might run out of juice before its over.

so Id go with surfer

Badabing
Wonder Woman and Batman. Batman batkicks DD while WW stands there looking hot. sneer

Seriously, SS or GL.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
Wonder Woman and Batman. Batman batkicks DD while WW stands there looking hot. sneer

Seriously, SS or GL. only thing a GL would be able to do to against HP Doomsday is put up a shield to defend itself. and the shield cant last forever.

Silent Guardian
only thing I see Hal doing is making a shield around me and him that floats at the top of the stadium. He will move it back and forth and dodge a few of DD's strikes, but ultimately DD is too fast and the blows will eventually land. The shield will not hold out for an hour. And if Hal tries to fight him head on you will be dead within 20 minutes.

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
only thing a GL would be able to do to against HP Doomsday is put up a shield to defend itself. and the shield cant last forever. Originally posted by Silent Guardian
only thing I see Hal doing is making a shield around me and him that floats at the top of the stadium. He will move it back and forth and dodge a few of DD's strikes, but ultimately DD is too fast and the blows will eventually land. The shield will not hold out for an hour. And if Hal tries to fight him head on you will be dead within 20 minutes. You both need to read more GL then. The ring can do more than shields and energy blasts. Especially with Hal.

Galan007
Thor. I think it would take the longest for DD to adapt beyond Mjolnir's magics.

(Doomsday has already owned hundreds/thousands of GL's and a Guardian, so I definitely wouldn't want Hal as my protector.)

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Badabing
You both need to read more GL then. The ring can do more than shields and energy blasts. Especially with Hal.

Unless it can turn me invisible it isn't going to do much. I don't think GL rings have the ability to disguise things anymore unless I am mistaken. Aside form that what else could Hal possible do?

Also if this was Kyle it would be a different story

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Thor. I think it would take the longest for DD to adapt beyond Mjolnir's magics.

(Doomsday has already owned hundreds/thousands of GL's and a Guardian, so I definitely wouldn't want Hal as my protector.) you're not worried about thor's speed/mobility...or lack thereof?

HP DD was scary fast.

Galan007
^ Between shielding and flight I think we'd be able to overcome DD's speed.

Starscream M
what shielding?

also, thor's flight is not a problem for DD imo...esp in a enclosed stadium

thor is not a mobile flier like superman unless it is long distance travel

I doubt he could remain untagged for an hour

chomperx9
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
Unless it can turn me invisible it isn't going to do much. I don't think GL rings have the ability to disguise things anymore unless I am mistaken. Aside form that what else could Hal possible do?

Also if this was Kyle it would be a different story why the F would it matter if its Kyle ? same power source

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
what shielding?

I doubt he could remain untagged for an hour The shielding Mjolnir can create..?

Flight or teleportation -- both would help us kill some time. I'd just want to hold off blasting DD as long as we could.

Silent Guardian
why the F would it matter if its Kyle ? same power source

Kyle is more creative than Hal. Its not even debatable. He has a better chance of coming up with a plan that has a small percentage of success than Hal does.

I honestly see Hal just making a shield and when that fails he will a take the creature head on and die a horribly painful death.

At least Kyle will pull some innovative crap out of his butt.

When Hal can pull of something like this come find me

http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanternv3135052wj.jpg

Konton
Wondy's bracers would be ideal.

quanchi112
Thor.

shokosugi
i'd pick Superman

-Pr-
Hal turns us both invisible, and we wait for the hour to pass. Simple.

Silent Guardian
I don't get why anyone would pick Thor, or Wonder Woman and Batman, unless they have a death wish

chomperx9
Originally posted by shokosugi
i'd pick Superman big surprise roll eyes (sarcastic)

plutomic
Hulk and captain america.

im not sure wtf captain america is gonna do...

But like someone already mentioned, hulk can just use the shield and dice DD up.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by plutomic

But like someone already mentioned, hulk can just use the shield and dice DD up.

LOL this is H/P Doomsday here. Hulk isn't doing jack to him.

The Pict
Superman would give his life to protect me, and in a forum fight he would be going full out so I reckon it's blitzs all round. But DD will no doubt catch him somehow.

Like someone mentioned he might have adapted to GLs, but if it's purely HP Doosmday then I doubt that's a factor. Plus they are some of the most varied charcters, power-wise. It's entirely possible they could protect someone for an hour.

SS is my pick right of the bat. However in HP Doomsday did become completely immune to energy IIRC so I'm not sure how SS gets around that.

Go with Hal.

Originally posted by plutomic

Wouldn't work.

plutomic
LOL this is H/P Doomsday here. Hulk isn't doing jack to him.
im not one of those hulk fanboys...

But I would feel way more comfortable with Hulk standing in front of me trying to protect me from DD. Rather than someone doomsday already defeated (superman).

King Kandy
Can't SS just turn him into glass or something?

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Hal turns us both invisible, and we wait for the hour to pass. Simple. I know what you two will be doing, you sly dog, you.

chomperx9
If this is WWH then he has a chance.

King Kandy
If this is WWH then he has a chance.
No.

Uriel005
have surfer take me back in time before hes put in stadium by 1 hour... then wait and walk out.

Mindset
Originally posted by Uriel005
have surfer take me back in time before hes put in stadium by 1 hour... then wait and walk out. Why not just have SS speed up time?

Q99
I don't get why anyone would pick Thor, or Wonder Woman and Batman, unless they have a death wish

What's so hard about WW/Batman?

You've got the bracers and the lasso. WW at least has the potential to immobilize DD. And you've got Batman helping keep you clear (or maybe trying something with the lasso while WW focuses purely on bracers...?).

Much better off than a GL or Hulk.

I mean, I think you're probably dead period, but that team's one of the best to stay alive the longest.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99

You've got the bracers and the lasso. WW at least has the potential to immobilize DD. And you've got Batman helping keep you clear (or maybe trying something with the lasso while WW focuses purely on bracers...?).

I mean, I think you're probably dead period, but that team's one of the best to stay alive the longest. Ww and Batman might be the worst thing you can pick. WW goes down very quickly and Batman would probably shield himself with your body.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Q99

I mean, I think you're probably dead period, but that team's one of the best to stay alive the longest.

completely disagree. Wonder Woman isn't doing squat too Doomsday. Sure Wonder Woman does well against Superman but he usually holds back. And the one time they fight and he actually lets go he takes her apart until she kills Max. And what Superman did to Wonder Woman is nothing compared to what DD would do to her. Those Bracers might as well be made out of cardboard and the lasso dental floss.

And really what can Batman do without prep against Doomsday.

Your dead man walking with that team.

At least with Hulk you can fool yourself into thinking he stands a chance, cause the madder he getts the stronger he becomes. Sadly Doomsday would kill him pretty quickly.

The only options are Silver Surfer and Superman.

And with Superman its still pretty likely you will die.

with Hal you have like a 5% chance of survival.

With the other 2 teams your dead, no way around it.

And if this is the new Wonder Woman Doomsday will be done in 5 seconds.

Thor isn't a bad choice but ultimately he is too slow. If Doomsday knocks him down for a few seconds or sends him careening far away he might not react fast enough to stop Doomsday from spotting you and going to work

The Pict
Originally posted by quanchi112
Batman would probably shield himself with your body.

laughing out loud

D_Dude1210
The Surfer, easily.

Have him shrink you to microscopic size and just chill where HP DD can't get to you.

Mindset
I'd probably just **** DD up myself.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
I'd probably just **** DD up myself. You act as if you're bada or something.

carver9
I'm going with hulk on this one. Doomsday isn't dropping the hulk in less than a hour and its debatable if doomsday could even beat hulk.

The Pict
Originally posted by carver9
I'm going with hulk on this one. Doomsday isn't dropping the hulk in less than a hour and its debatable if doomsday could even beat hulk.

Don't think that's debatable where H/P Doomsday is concerned. Couldn't be stopped by physical force or all the forms of energy that was thrown at him.

Besides you're trapped in a relatively small space. You think you (or poor ol' Steve) are surving a battle fought between an enraged, smashing powerhouse and a soul-less killing machine destroying everything around him? Not likely.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Pict
Don't think that's debatable where H/P Doomsday is concerned. Couldn't be stopped by physical force or all the forms of energy that was thrown at him.

Besides you're trapped in a relatively small space. You think you (or poor ol' Steve) are surving a battle fought between an enraged, smashing powerhouse and a soul-less killing machine destroying everything around him? Not likely. I think Hulk is more than up for this. He's taken Thor's best for over an hour before.

D_Dude1210
My way works. DD ain't gonna be killing anyone that's shrunk to microscopic size.

carver9
Hulk is plenty enough to hold off doomsday.

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
The shielding Mjolnir can create..?

Flight or teleportation -- both would help us kill some time. I'd just want to hold off blasting DD as long as we could.

It's like a rule of the forum that no one either knows about or remembers Thor's exotic abilities. He's a brick with a hammer to far too many.

I think Hulk is more than up for this. He's taken Thor's best for over an hour before.

Over an hour? I actually don't doubt it, but haven't heard of it. When did this happen?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Digi
It's like a rule of the forum that no one either knows about or remembers Thor's exotic abilities. He's a brick with a hammer to far too many.

Over an hour? I actually don't doubt it, but haven't heard of it. When did this happen? I think their first encounter and I believe he fought Thor for an hour at least in ih number 440. They were foaming at the mouth for each other's heads.

BullwinkleMoose
The answer is Batman and WW. Batman pulls out some Anit Doomsday spray from his belt that immobilizes him for the hour.

Q99
Ww and Batman might be the worst thing you can pick. WW goes down very quickly and Batman would probably shield himself with your body.

...? No? Wonder Woman's quite capable of holding him off at least as well as most of the competitors.

Oh wait, is this one of your "chronically underestimate WW and don't realize she's herald level despite all evidence" bits?

Or do you mean JMS Wondy?

She cut his throat and won that fight, she could've killed him if she had been so inclined, so... yea. Also afterwards she went on to fight a trio of Alpha OMACs (designed to fight Superman-class foes) maybe an hour or so later, so she wasn't even badly hurt.

Wonder Woman's also fought a Doomsdayified Superman and got the lasso around him.

Also, she's fought DD a few times and while of course she didn't win, she did better than people like Martian Manhunter have.

No-one here can beat H/P Doomsday, but when we're talking pure survival WW's pretty well off.

They're like Captain America's shield. Nothing has ever broken them in her entire history, ever. Not even stuff like Darkseid's Omega Effect.

Nor has pure strength, even DD level, ever broken the lasso.

DD's had no problem busting through GL shields before, Diana shouldn't have any problem lasting longer than him. Though... hm, Hal could get creative. What if he uses his ring to shrink you or something? In a fight he's smeared, but flexibility is an option.

WW doesn't have the offensive abilities of Supes, but her defense is higher than his.

Surfer's probably the best bet, he can do survival stuff better than Hal as well as being one of the top fighters, but Diana is far from the worst choice around.

Well, of course. Even that's generous.

Parmaniac
Can Surfer make me intangable me aswell? If yes then him.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Can Surfer make me intangable me aswell? If yes then him.

Yes, I think he's had feats wherein he's allowed someone to pass thru solid objects with him.

Starscream M
I don't think intangibility works against HP DD

he is able to make contact with intangible beings

Parmaniac
I don't think intangibility works against HP DD

he is able to make contact with intangible beings For example?

SS fo sur. He can phase me, outrun DD in circles while I tag along in the board, which would be cool, or teleport me arround the stadium.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Can Surfer make me intangable me aswell? If yes then him. he most definitely can

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
SS fo sur. He can phase me, outrun DD in circles while I tag along in the board, which would be cool, or teleport me arround the stadium. My thoughts exactly

I jump on his board we go intang take it as high as possible and surf in circles at high speeds.

Solidus Black
Surfer

Solidus Black
I suspect though taht with Surfer, in there will get boiling hot fast

Originally posted by Solidus Black
I suspect though taht with Surfer, in there will get boiling hot fast he can certainly protect you from environmental effects.

BobbyD
Do WW get all her gear? shifty

AsbestosFlaygon
Silver Surfer, no doubt.

He can teleport us around the stadium faster than DD's reaction speed, or transmute DD, or turn us invisible, or shrink us to microscopic levels, or warp a mini-blackhole focused on DD, or teleport us outside of the stadium.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think the clear top choices should be Surfer, Thor and Supes. Actually now that I think about it... In that order.

Philosophía
Superman.

D_Dude1210

-Pr-
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Seriously. Why in the world would Superman be a better choice than the Surfer in this instance?

Superman is more likely to care about his life than Surfer would, for one.

Superman is more likely to care about his life than Surfer would, for one. Really?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
...? No? Wonder Woman's quite capable of holding him off at least as well as most of the competitors.

Oh wait, is this one of your "chronically underestimate WW and don't realize she's herald level despite all evidence" bits?

Or do you mean JMS Wondy?

She cut his throat and won that fight, she could've killed him if she had been so inclined, so... yea. Also afterwards she went on to fight a trio of Alpha OMACs (designed to fight Superman-class foes) maybe an hour or so later, so she wasn't even badly hurt.

Wonder Woman's also fought a Doomsdayified Superman and got the lasso around him.

Also, she's fought DD a few times and while of course she didn't win, she did better than people like Martian Manhunter have.

No-one here can beat H/P Doomsday, but when we're talking pure survival WW's pretty well off.

They're like Captain America's shield. Nothing has ever broken them in her entire history, ever. Not even stuff like Darkseid's Omega Effect.

Nor has pure strength, even DD level, ever broken the lasso.

DD's had no problem busting through GL shields before, Diana shouldn't have any problem lasting longer than him. Though... hm, Hal could get creative. What if he uses his ring to shrink you or something? In a fight he's smeared, but flexibility is an option.

WW doesn't have the offensive abilities of Supes, but her defense is higher than his.

Surfer's probably the best bet, he can do survival stuff better than Hal as well as being one of the top fighters, but Diana is far from the worst choice around.

Well, of course. Even that's generous. No, Ww is not. She was temp ko'd by just one all out Superman punch and DD is more of a monster than Superman is. The guy would mangle her very quickly she isn't durable or strong enough to do anything to the beast. She's simply outclassed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
Really?

yes; he's f*cked up obsessed with protecting life.

D_Dude1210
Superman is more likely to care about his life than Surfer would, for one.

Surfer cares for life just as much as Superman does. Or at least just enough for him to actually do his best to try and keep you alive. Caring more about your life at this point doesn't really matter when one person is obviously far more capable at keeping you alive than the other.

I mean what can Superman really do against HP DD that would ensure that you won't get killed?

Starscream M
Superman is more likely to care about his life than Surfer would, for one. why would that make him a better choice?

-Pr-
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Surfer cares for life just as much as Superman does. Or at least just enough for him to actually do his best to try and keep you alive. Caring more about your life at this point doesn't really matter when one person is obviously far more capable at keeping you alive than the other.

I mean what can Superman really do against HP DD that would ensure that you won't get killed?

enough to try and keep you alive? maybe. i could argue the point, but it wouldn't exactly be productive.

beat him. plus, superman has experience fighting dd. norrin doesn't.

why would that make him a better choice?

see above.

celeyhyga17
what shielding?

I doubt he could remain untagged for an hour

where do you get thor is not a mobile flyer? sigh...
im gonna have to go with thor here.

Starscream M

the only experience superman has against HP DD is losing to him erm

Starscream M
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
where do you get thor is not a mobile flyer? sigh...
im gonna have to go with thor here. by him never demonstrating the type of moblility mobile flyers demonstrate...ie superman, human torch, etc

-Pr-
the only experience superman has against HP DD is losing to him erm

fifteen years ago.

Starscream M

quanchi112
the only experience superman has against HP DD is losing to him erm That was a weaker Superman who was actually scared of him he met up with him in DD wars and imperiex he fought alongside him. far be it for me to come to the aid of Superman but if he goes toe to toe with him again it will be far different than when he clashed with him in hp for those obvious reasons.

I do agree Surfer is better suited now since his upgrade.

Parmaniac
the only experience superman has against HP DD is losing to him erm thumb up laughing

Starscream M
fifteen years ago. superman still can't do jack to DD...unless he got some new powers in the interim

D_Dude1210
enough to try and keep you alive? maybe. i could argue the point, but it wouldn't exactly be productive.

You saying he won't try or you saying he won't be successful?

Experience fighting (and getting beat up) against DD doesn't exactly translate to being successful at keeping you alive. Also, with the forum stips of common knowledge (lots of ppl know about DD being an unstoppable engine of destruction), Surfer would most prolly resort to using his more exotic powers to keep you alive rather than engage DD. Superman would just engage him.

Heck, even ASSUMING Superman wins this fight, the resulting shockwave from them punching each other will no doubt kill or at least maim you.

-Pr-
superman still can't do jack to DD...unless he got some new powers in the interim

why can't he?

Starscream M
why can't he? cuz DD was pretty much evolved past physical takedown

superman could be 10x stronger and it still won't phase HP DD

remember, HP DD also beat Darkseid like a ragdoll and brushed off the Omega Beam like it was a bad tan

quanchi112
cuz DD was pretty much evolved past physical takedown

remember, HP DD also beat Darkseid like a ragdoll and brushed off the Omega Beam like it was a bad tan That's entirely untrue. He was never beyond physical takedown. Ever. Superman at ten times his normal strength would stomp a mudhole in DD.

Starscream M
That's entirely untrue. He was never beyond physical takedown. Ever. Superman at ten times his normal strength would stomp a mudhole in DD. thats why superman said the ONLY way to stop HP DD was to take him to the end of existence...

if it were possible merely to overpower DD, Superman could've tried to get help

-Pr-
cuz DD was pretty much evolved past physical takedown

remember, HP DD also beat Darkseid like a ragdoll and brushed off the Omega Beam like it was a bad tan

for once, i agree with quan. i feel dirty.

quanchi112
thats why superman said the ONLY way to stop HP DD was to take him to the end of existence...

if it were possible merely to overpower DD, Superman could've tried to get help That's the only way to stop him from eventually coming back. They wanted to stop the cycle whereas just killing him again would have him eventually come back even deadlier.

Superman was also weaker than he is now and scared of him. Psychologically he was very weak to take on DD change his mindset and it's an entirely different ballgame.
The writer confirmed DD was never ever past physical death also.

Parmaniac
I don't think that you can really be beyond physical damage unless you have an energetic body or something.

celeyhyga17
by him never demonstrating the type of moblility mobile flyers demonstrate...ie superman, human torch, etc

you're always gonna hate on thor for some reason.

if these dont show flight mobility, i dont know what does...

catches up to Hermes (god of speed) and even grabs him by the ankles.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSuperspeed16Avengers281.jpg

with but a thought, he can instantaneously change direction while flying.
http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/?action=view&current=ThorMjolnir164a-Tracking436-1.jpg

once again this should show he has full control of mjolnir's flight.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir145a-Flight400.jpg

concede?? laughing

quanchi112
for once, i agree with quan. i feel dirty. I feel dirty for backing up Superman. No matter how many times I have showered already it won't come off.

psycho gundam
Surfer makes me immortal.......the end

Vorpal Ruin
Couldnt Thor create a shield with his hammer by spinning it around? Like he did against... beyonder i think?

psycho gundam
That's the only way to stop him from eventually coming back. They wanted to stop the cycle whereas just killing him again would have him eventually come back even deadlier.

Superman was also weaker than he is now and scared of him. Psychologically he was very weak to take on DD change his mindset and it's an entirely different ballgame.
The writer confirmed DD was never ever past physical death also. superman was still acting like a total vagina even with amps and waverider right beside him

-Pr-
I feel dirty for backing up Superman. No matter how many times I have showered already it won't come off.

don't push it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
superman was still acting like a total vagina even with amps and waverider right beside him Because he was still a bit scared. Superman wasn't acting like that in dd wars.

Deadline
I'm going with SS you know he'd pull it out of the bag due to his versatility. We could even hide if we wanted to.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by psycho gundam
superman was still acting like a total vagina even with amps and waverider right beside him What do you mean, he WAS?

Incognito_bloke
I'd rather have Lobo with full healing factor and clones. Dogpile should keep me alive....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.