Gambit vs Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Standard equipment

Uriel005
CIS off Gambit should take most fights via nukes but CIS on DS takes it in a stomp.

Juk3n
Deathstroke is fast and durable enough to tank some proximity explosions whilst on the move to close in and make this fight a CQB. If he knows Gambits powerset, he can win this on the fly.

juggernaut74
Slade.

Harbinger
Deathstroke should win a majority.

Aries_04
Gambit but it's close

SasuOna
Gambit would win
The only chance Slade has is forcing a H2H fight and even then he could still lose if Gambit just charges him with a touch.

juggernaut74
When did Remy become able to charge organic matter?

SasuOna
Since he got changed back from Deathbit by Mr Sinister

juggernaut74
You have scans showing this? That makes Gambit pretty uber if it's true.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by juggernaut74
You have scans showing this? That makes Gambit pretty uber if it's true.

It was in X-Men Legacy, off the top of my head I'm going to guess 214.

long pig
Why does ds need to close distance? His staff is more powerful than Gambit's cards. He's above Gambit in every way. You realize he can dodge the cards all day long. That's how fast he is. He honestly can't lose.

chomperx9
Originally posted by juggernaut74
When did Remy become able to charge organic matter? dude this is KMC

Q99
He did the organic charging thing to Daken's arm.

SamZED
He also did that in X-men, when AR Beast turned him into a lizard, he charged some small reptile with his tale before tossing it at Spider-man.

Mindset
He also did it that one time in a vs thread against DS.

SamZED
Did he win then?

Mindset
Yup.

namorsubby
Slade FTW

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by SasuOna
Since he got changed back from Deathbit by Mr Sinister

im happy they put him back up to that level!

can he now coat himself and objects in a kinetic force field kind of thing once again?

Gambit.

he went toe to toe with Daredevil in his series. I don't think DD was fighting especially hard but yea gambit is, to the contrary a pretty good fighter but more importantly a good strategist

Aries_04
This is a hard one for me to decide.....these are two of my favorites.

aztec
Originally posted by Mindset
Yup.

Your actually right for once. Gambit takes the majority from Deathstroke big grin

Mindset
Shut your chump mouth up, chump.

Aries_04
topping this one cuz I think it would be one of the best fights out there

Metalmanx
I think Gambit would take the slight majority here. Close one though.

Omega Vision
Deathstroke ftw. Bo-staff sniping, he doesn't even have to bring it in close and he'll get the first shot.

Unless this is reboot DS...in which case idk.

Aries_04
I say we go by most current versions. Current Gambit can charge organic matter......and current DS is supposed to be a cut above what he's been for the past few years.

Mindset
Shut your chump mouth up, chump. Laughed at my own joke.

Aries_04
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Deathstroke ftw. Bo-staff sniping, he doesn't even have to bring it in close and he'll get the first shot.

Unless this is reboot DS...in which case idk.

Why would he get the first shot? And even if he did.....Gambit has been shown to throw a card at least fifty feet per second......at LEAST. On top of that.....there are more ways for Gambit to defeat Slade than there are for Slade to defeat Gambit.

srankmissingnin
Laughed at my own joke.

Someones got to.

SasuOna
The only way DS is winning this is if you gimp Gambit and force him not to charge you and make this a H2H fight.

Marvelknight
Slade is physically superior with a HF and a enhanced mind. Slade is also a far better combat strategist and more skilled martial artist.

Imo Deathstroke would defeat Gambit with little effort. Slade' old armor suit can stand up to a lot of explosive impact as seen in Deathstroke annual vol. 1 #2. His new armor would hold up little better. The damage he sustains can be dealt with via his HF. But Slade won't get caught in many explosive attacks anyway because he's very fast and agile.

Slade will just find a way to use whatever weakness Gambit has against him. And it won't take Slade long to figure out a plan in mid battle. His mind works like a computer when it comes to information processing.

Silent Master
How can his armor hold up to an explosion, when it's his armor that is being blown up? It's not like a grenade is going off nearby; his suit is being turned into the grenade.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Silent Master
How can his armor hold up to an explosion, when it's his armor that is being blown up? It's not like a grenade is going off nearby; his suit is being turned into the grenade.

That's what I'm referring to. A grenade like explosion or him throwing a few charged cards of course.

But you are saying that Gambit can charge his armor. Well if he's getting that close to do it, whats stopping Slade from gutting him with a knife, snapping his neck or holding on to him? Slade's not some stupid fighter who won't take advantage of a situation like that. Slade will be f#$%ed up after but Gambit will be dead.

Silent Master
Gambit's own speed and skill, it's not like Gambit is some slow and unskilled fighter. I mean it's not like Gambit needs more than a fraction of a second to a few seconds charge things.

Marvelknight
Gambit's own speed and skill, it's not like Gambit is some slow and unskilled fighter. I mean it's not like Gambit needs more than a fraction of a second to a few seconds charge things.

Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkman, Nightwing, and Cassandra are fast and skilled too. But even in numbers all of that skill still wasn't enough. JLA got lucky. But they went down hard before ganging on Slade. Batman is far more skilled than Gambit and he couldn't out fight Slade neither or get past his physical advantages. I don't see Gambit pulling it off. Deathstroke is his better.

Silent Master
And when they got close, how many of them did Slade gut with a knife, or snap their necks?

BTW, Slade had prep with the JLA fight.

Marvelknight
And when they got close, how many of them did Slade gut with a knife, or snap their necks?

BTW, Slade had prep with the JLA fight.

Well remember his is a forum battle and not a comic where the hero most likely will not die at the hands of the villain. And Since Slade is willing to kill and has killed in almost ever way seen on panel (including gutting and stabbing through opponents). I think to myself, why not? Slade is faster and stronger. He would overpower Gambit in close quarters combat.

Silent Master
So, who is the weakest person that can beat Deathstroke in a forum battle?

Marvelknight
So, who is the weakest person that can beat Deathstroke in a forum battle?

There are physically weaker opponents who could defeat him. But it would take other factors like TP, TK, magic etc. Gambit' powers are good. But that attack you used to me is a desperation move that would f$%^ Slade up. But I'm sure it wouldn't end the fight.

Most fighters like Nightwing try to stick and move. Because of Slade' physical advantages. So just as fast as Gambit can charge, Slade can grab and throw, hold on to or attack Gambit with his staff. Tbh Slade can tag him with the power staff before Gambit even gets close enough.

Silent Master
So Salde wins 10/10?

Marvelknight
So Salde wins 10/10?

Nah, not at all. I say 8/10. Gambit can win two against him.

Aries_04
Originally posted by Marvelknight
Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkman, Nightwing, and Cassandra are fast and skilled too. But even in numbers all of that skill still wasn't enough. JLA got lucky. But they went down hard before ganging on Slade. Batman is far more skilled than Gambit and he couldn't out fight Slade neither or get past his physical advantages. I don't see Gambit pulling it off. Deathstroke is his better.

Gambit has superhuman agility .....he's faster than all of them.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Aries_04
Why would he get the first shot? And even if he did.....Gambit has been shown to throw a card at least fifty feet per second......at LEAST. On top of that.....there are more ways for Gambit to defeat Slade than there are for Slade to defeat Gambit.
Why wouldn't he? He's got superior reflexes to Gambit.

Fifty feet per second is cute compared to the velocity of an energy weapon.

Name them.

Aries_04
Why wouldn't he? He's got superior reflexes to Gambit.

Fifty feet per second is cute compared to the velocity of an energy weapon.

Name them.

Deathstroke is defined as having nearly superhuman reflexes, while Gambit is blatantly superhuman.

I've seen Gambit deflect multiple energy blasts with his staff, while Deathstroke has struggled to deflect one.

You're mistaking Slades ability to be several steps ahead of his opponent with pure speed.

And in this fight Slade will have to deal with fairly wide area explosions.....it's not something he can dodge easily, if at all.

Omega Vision
Deathstroke is defined as having nearly superhuman reflexes, while Gambit is blatantly superhuman.

I've seen Gambit deflect multiple energy blasts with his staff, while Deathstroke has struggled to deflect one.

You're mistaking Slades ability to be several steps ahead of his opponent with pure speed.

And in this fight Slade will have to deal with fairly wide area explosions.....it's not something he can dodge easily, if at all.
Wrong. Slade has been identified and shown to possess superhuman reflexes and speed many times.

Why should it even matter? If he can tangle with Starfire and her starbolts he can beat Gambit and his little cards.

He doesn't have to dodge anything if he snipes Gambit's head off when the bell rings.

Marvelknight
Gambit has superhuman agility .....he's faster than all of them.

But Slade is faster than Gambit by a lot.

Wrong, Slade is a mata human. You need to read his comics and not just what you read in a bio or handbook. Look at his respect thread if you can't find the comics or won't buy them.

Your wrong to thinks Slade isn't faster. He use quickness to out maneuver Superman himself for a lttle bit. But Slade's best speed feat is flipping through industrial air-duct fan blades. Thats something I don't see Gambit pulling off. Because the window between each fan blade is very, very small to jump in-between them. Slade did this while dodging gun fire from behind.

Plus Slade's mind works faster leading to why he will out react Gambit.

Slade can leap 60 feet outwards. Explosives will not be hard to dodge from. But if he gets caught, it wouldn't be a big problem. Slade has survived explosions from several grenades at point blank range (with old weaker armor). Slade' damage soak is much higher.

And for the record, Slade has more ways to defeat him. Not the other way around. Slade is more trained and experienced out of the two. Plus far better weaponry and equipment will help.

Aries_04
Wrong. Slade has been identified and shown to possess superhuman reflexes and speed many times.

Why should it even matter? If he can tangle with Starfire and her starbolts he can beat Gambit and his little cards.

He doesn't have to dodge anything if he snipes Gambit's head off when the bell rings.

Those "little cards" have delivered a blow that has taken out Gladiator.

And Sniping gambit would require prep.....this is a non prep battle. Gambit wears armor on top of that.

Aries_04
But Slade is faster than Gambit by a lot.

Wrong, Slade is a mata human. You need to read his comics and not just what you read in a bio or handbook. Look at his respect thread if you can't find the comics or won't buy them.

Your wrong to thinks Slade isn't faster. He use quickness to out maneuver Superman himself for a lttle bit. But Slade's best speed feat is flipping through industrial air-duct fan blades. Thats something I don't see Gambit pulling off. Because the window between each fan blade is very, very small to jump in-between them. Slade did this while dodging gun fire from behind.

Plus Slade's mind works faster leading to why he will out react Gambit.

Slade can leap 60 feet outwards. Explosives will not be hard to dodge from. But if he gets caught, it wouldn't be a big problem. Slade has survived explosions from several grenades at point blank range (with old weaker armor). Slade' damage soak is much higher.

And for the record, Slade has more ways to defeat him. Not the other way around. Slade is more trained and experienced out of the two. Plus far better weaponry and equipment will help.

Nah. Gambits powers are more versatile than you give them credit for. And as far as reading up on Slade goes.....I'm one of his biggest supporters, I know the character, eff bios.

I guarantee I have more Deathstroke scans on my hard drive than you do.

SasuOna
Gambit is a bullet timer

Gambit can basically kill slade with a touch now depending on where he sends the charge in slade's body

Gambit also has the superior range because even if Slade can dodge a few charged cards hes not dodging the blast they create.

Slade isn't winning any fights against current Gambit

Marvelknight
Those "little cards" have delivered a blow that has taken out Gladiator.

And Sniping gambit would require prep.....this is a non prep battle. Gambit wears armor on top of that.

Wow... "A blow that has taken out Gladiator". You couldn't be more wrong.

Nah. Gambits powers are more versatile than you give them credit for. And as far as reading up on Slade goes.....I'm one of his biggest supporters, I know the character, eff bios.

I guarantee I have more Deathstroke scans on my hard drive than you do.

I don't care how many scans you have. I've read over 100 Slade appearances and counting. I know Slade' origin, how he got his powers and what he can do with them. So don't come to me with your scans and think you know more. I have a lot of his comics and read them. You need to read more before entering a debate with me.

Versatility? Where? Gambit can make objects explode. That looks like a one trick pony to me. Slade has guns, explosives, bladed weapons and a power-staff. That's versatility for ya.

Marvelknight
Gambit is a bullet timer

Gambit can basically kill slade with a touch now depending on where he sends the charge in slade's body

Gambit also has the superior range because even if Slade can dodge a few charged cards hes not dodging the blast they create.

Slade isn't winning any fights against current Gambit

Slade is physically superior in every way and far more skilled in combat. He out reacts multiple opponents at once. Explosives are not enough. Slade has a HF. Gambit can't out think Slade. Slade's smarter with a enhanced, fast working mind. The x factors favor Slade here. Gambit isn't taking Slade for no majority.

Aries_04
Wow... "A blow that has taken out Gladiator". You couldn't be more wrong.

I don't care how many scans you have. I've read over 100 Slade appearances and counting. I know Slade' origin, how he got his powers and what he can do with them. So don't come to me with your scans and think you know more. I have a lot of his comics and read them. You need to read more before entering a debate with me.

Versatility? Where? Gambit can make objects explode. That looks like a one trick pony to me. Slade has guns, explosives, bladed weapons and a power-staff. That's versatility for ya.

You're not even the authority on Deathstroke on this board. So don't go around toting that title like you are.

And as far as versatility goes, how about controlling kinetic energy for a variety of effects:

Charging objects with kinetic energy until they explode regardless of size (I'm talking from playing cards to automobiles)

Increasing kinetic energy for energy enhanced blows like leveling a house with your bo staff

Having a hypnotic charm over your opponents due to this static kinetic energy

Blocking telepaths with kinetic static energy

Using kinetic energy to increase your agility to superhuman levels...etc....

Marvelknight
You're not even the authority on Deathstroke on this board. So don't go around toting that title like you are.

And as far as versatility goes, how about controlling kinetic energy for a variety of effects:

Charging objects with kinetic energy until they explode regardless of size (I'm talking from playing cards to automobiles)

Increasing kinetic energy for energy enhanced blows like leveling a house with your bo staff

Using kinetic energy to increase your agility to superhuman levels...etc....

My talk can be backed up. And no amount of bull from you will magically make my issues disappear. I know Slade very well there is nothing no one here can tell me about what he can do I don't already know myself.

Comics are no different from DBZ episodes you see on TV. If you seen most of the episodes/issues on the character, what is there left for someone to tell? Nothing.

All of those abilities are nothing for Slade to deal with.

Marvelknight
I'll break it down like this. Gambit best chance is of course his powers. My counter against this is Slade' HF/damage soak and body armor.

Here Slade survived a direct explosion from a hand grenade.
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DeathTermAnnu-02-11.jpg

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DeathTermAnnu-02-12.jpg

Here Slade takes multiple shot to his chest from automatic gunfire.
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DS3-13.jpg

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DS3-15.jpg

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DS3-16.jpg

Note: this armor is a older, weaker version.

Speed, agility and reaction time is also greater.
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=new_titans_v2_075_11_rougher.jpg

SasuOna
good thing Gambit is throwing more then one card if Slade's armor can barely protect him against one explosion.

Uriel005

Using kinetic energy to increase your agility to superhuman levels...etc.... Just a question... when did Gambit get over his voluntary lobotomy by Mr. Sinister to limit the size of his explosions

Marvelknight
good thing Gambit is throwing more then one card if Slade's armor can barely protect him against one explosion.

Note: this armor is a older, weaker version. smokin'

Estacado
bump

Greysen93
I'm split

YFZ 350
Could go either way imo.

Vanguard
This thread needs a poll.

And why did Gambit go through that period where everybody on the board talked about how they thought Gambit sucked?

pym-ftw
Because he did suck before he got a solo release

Estacado
Bump

namorsubby
Originally posted by Juk3n
Deathstroke is fast and durable enough to tank some proximity explosions whilst on the move to close in and make this fight a CQB. If he knows Gambits powerset, he can win this on the fly.

thumb up

brownqk
Gambit for the vast majority

deathslash
I'll say that Deathstroke wins 8/10 with a very high degree of difficulty.

Boss16
Yeah didn't cap beat the crap out of gambit before.

deathslash
Originally posted by Boss16
Yeah didn't cap beat the crap out of gambit before. Yeah, in Avengers vs. X-men Cap beat the crap out of Gambit. Gambit even charged Cap's clothing to try to blow him up but the explosion only pissed off Cap.

maxivitopowe
Which was bull-pis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.