Phobos vs. Elektra/Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinzin
Phobos is on a SHIELD hellicarrier, Elektra and Wolverine have been decked out in the same equiptment that they had when they went to fight Gorgon but they also have a rocket launcher. They know where Phobos is and are en route to his position. He does not know they're coming for him....

Does he have what it takes to pull of the win here?

carver9
No he doesn't. Wolverine alone could probably solo. Just because he did well against gorgon doesn't change his position. Gorgon isn't always going to show his super speed in EVERY fight but we still know that it is there. Gorgon didn't show anything close to the amount of speed that he possessed in his previous fights when he was fighting phobes.

Phobes lose this 10/10... elektra keeps him busy while wolverine slice his head off or stab him in a vital area.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by carver9
No he doesn't. Wolverine alone could probably solo. Just because he did well against gorgon doesn't change his position. Gorgon isn't always going to show his super speed in EVERY fight but we still know that it is there. Gorgon didn't show anything close to the amount of speed that he possessed in his previous fights when he was fighting phobes.
. really? did you read the scans? gorgan was fighting incredibly fast against phobos all you see is slash marks around panels and even what looked liked a tornado from the speed

carver9
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
really? did you read the scans? gorgan was fighting incredibly fast against phobos all you see is slash marks around panels and even what looked liked a tornado from the speed

And that is still much slower than his best. Like I said before, phobes shouldn't have been able to keep up with gorgon unless he got some kind of speed boost.

King Castle
the team massacre him... one showing doesnt change his tier rank otherwise Cap would be herald lvl KK jr light

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by King Castle
the team massacre him... one showing doesnt change his tier rank otherwise Cap would be herald lvl KK jr light what tier rank? he only really has 2 showings, so the gorgan fight IS his rank

Prep-Man
Phobos.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by King Castle
the team massacre him... one showing doesnt change his tier rank otherwise Cap would be herald lvl KK jr light Well it depends on how many times the character has appeared.

jinzin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Phobos.

Really?..... erm

why?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by jinzin
Really?..... erm

why?

His performance with Gorgon. I want to see more of him, though.

jinzin
So you think he would negotiate being shot at with a rocket launcher or blindsided by this tagteam if he didn't know they were gunning for him?

Parmaniac
What's the point of the Rocket Launcher?

Colossus-Big C
phobos should have atleast class 30 strength being an olympion god

jinzin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
What's the point of the Rocket Launcher? to blow him up? confused

Colossus-Big C
to blow him up? confused read my comment

also thats like having bruce lee and jet lee fight but jet lee has a rocket launcher erm

jinzin
Phobos having supposed 30 class strength makes him invulnerable to a rocket launcher? confused

laughing out loud @ that last part.

OneDumbG0
What's the point of the Rocket Launcher? To miss?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/PhobosSkill13.jpg

Shoulda given them three rocket launchers. No. Make it four. One for each shoulder! Rawr!

Parmaniac
to blow him up? confused You appereantly created this thread to see if Phobos would fare better in a scenario 1:1 only replaced with Gorgon but you give the team a rocket launcher. The rocket launcher changes the whole situation so the whole comparison is for nuts imo.

Plus I'd like to add that these replacement scenarios (I've seen a few here, so this is not only directed at you, I just wanted to state this at least once) often fail cause it's in a way ABC logic.

jinzin
When SHIELD attacked Gorgon, the fight started with a rocket smashing into the apartment that Gorgon was in killing everyone in his immediate vecinity with the exception of several ninja iirc.

Yes it is ABC logic, because I'm aiming to make a point of how some ABC comparison's don't translate well given varying powersets... Some people don't like it.

@ ODG I would assume that Elektra and Wolverine wouldn't announce their presence before firing... but hey I'm sure they're ameatures.

OneDumbG0
^ But surely they must get two of them!!!11

I love bait-thread phail.

Parmaniac
Ah ok

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lulz.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lulz. Me? or the thread?

Rage.Of.Olympus
the thread

WhiteWitchKing
You appereantly created this thread to see if Phobos would fare better in a scenario 1:1 only replaced with Gorgon but you give the team a rocket launcher. The rocket launcher changes the whole situation so the whole comparison is for nuts imo.

Plus I'd like to add that these replacement scenarios (I've seen a few here, so this is not only directed at you, I just wanted to state this at least once) often fail cause it's in a way ABC logic.

Nah, let's take this fight as is. We know what the purpose of this thread this.

Alex dodges the rocket launcher better than Gorgon due to his size. Alex obviously doesn't have the soaking damage Gorgon does so he isn't going to fight them that way. He uses his fear power on them both and take Elektra out with a gut or head shot. As for Logan, a good dose of Alex's powers to put Logan out of fight mode for a win. Gorgon didn't really beat Logan either; he pinned Logan against a wall, something Alex should be able to do too.

Alex takes the majority here.

jinzin
So you're position is that he needs his fear powers to win this?

srankmissingnin
His powers didn't work on Fury, them working on Wolverine or Elektra isn't an sure bet.

This smells like bait/spite. Team probably wins, Elektra might die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.