Better with the ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who would be the most powerful and better with a gl ring.

Let's take away their powers for this thread...

Who would be the best gl?

Thor
Supes
Surfer
Cyclops
Magneto
Spiderman
Cap

-Pr-
Superman has already been exposed to it, so should probably take him out.

Parmaniac
Spider-man, a lot of will + a lot of imagination = perfect GL.

King Castle
i go with spidey he is optimistic...

i see him having sufficient will and light heartedness to make a perfect GL at least comparable to Kyle when he 1st got it.

carver9
I wonder how deadpool would be with a gl ring.

snowdragon
Originally posted by carver9
I wonder how deadpool would be with a gl ring.

Probably hilariously deadly half the time the other half using it to trim his toe nails stick out tongue

Black bolt z
From that list alone probably spidey or Cap. Overall Doom.

Tha C-Master
Does Surfer need the ring?

Edit. I see the stip.

I'd say Spider-Man or Magneto.

CosmicComet
Hard to go wrong with Cap as an answer, especially with stipulations regarding powerset negations.

rotiart
Magneto has a lot of will... Think about what he endured as a child...
Cyclops locking the void when emma couldnt screams will..

Magneto is a genius with an analytical mind... Cyclops also i see these two acting like the jon stewarts of the group

Thor has a lot of rage. Hed end up like a guy gardner. A bit brash.not the most imaginative... But still smart

Spiderman would be like kyle to me. Creative. Willful. And both grew into gheir power sets

Surfer to me doesnt exert a lot of will. He is very cold and mechanical in a lot of issues... More akin to sn alpha lantern like bodika... But still smart and able to display a lot of power and a wide range of abilities

Personallt i see caps and superman being the hal jordans of the group... Smart.. High wills... But their combat savvy is through the roof...

As a favorite id have to go with magneto... His health always limited him from achieving greater things. Without the waning powers issue erik will be an even greater menace then before... Sinestro level at the least

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman has already been exposed to it, so should probably take him out. *looks at the responses in this thread*

*Laughs at Raoul thinking the posters actually know about the character for it to be the obvious answer.*

The Pict
Of course Superman and Cap have to the top candidates.

Cyclops is in with a shout.

Caps Conscience
I look at how creative Cap is with a shield and thinks what would he do with a ring that can do just about anything.... Gotta go with Cap.

Cap would train with the ring until he became the absolute best with it and then he would train some more.....

tideoftime
Superman, definitely. Cap, too.

Spidey would be good, and Thor would make an even deadlier Red Lantern than Guy.

Mags would be just plain dangerous.

khazra
Cap owns this thread

he has the highest will in the MU (last standing in the IG saga)
he has the creativity (professional artist)
he has the military background (hal & john)
he has the intellect (the SSS has helped him retain and learn betetr than humanly possible. He loses this ability but would still have teh knowledge he gained)

Solidus Black
Spidey....when in a bind, can push his body to extremes well beyond what he can typically do.

I say him.

bobbi
obvious answer is cap. I would like to see what spiderman can do with it though. strikes me as being more creative.

supes and mags are up there too.

Bouboumaster
Surfer probably pack the most will in those dudes. But I don't think he has the creativity to be the best GL. To me, the most creative of theses ones is Spider-Man. But I think that the two best GL would be between Superman and Captain America.

-Pr-
Cyclops has tons of will and would be good with a ring imo. The only thing i worry about is whether his will is "cynical" like Ollie's would be.

Don't think he's the top of the list, but he's a good choice for a ring slinger no doubt.

Starscream M
Cyclops has tons of will and would be good with a ring imo. The only thing i worry about is whether his will is "cynical" like Ollie's would be.

Don't think he's the top of the list, but he's a good choice for a ring slinger no doubt. nah, cyke would be horrible..he has no imagination. he will just create giant bats and hammers.

Starscream M
Thor - would not reach full potential of ring due to warrior mentality

Supes - would learn fast but prob not do best with ring simply because he is already so powerful without it

Surfer - his pacifist nature won't allow him to really exploit the ring fully

Cyclops - no imagination square will end up creating giant bats

Magneto - intelligence and patience means he will master the ring's intricacies

Spiderman - natural intellect, creativity, and humor means he gets the most out of the ring

Cap - see cyke

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
nah, cyke would be horrible..he has no imagination. he will just create giant bats and hammers.

he has plenty of imagination. the fact that he can pull off insane trick shots means he thinks outside the box. that and his tactical genius.

f*ck sake...

quanchi112
laughing out loud Giant bats and hammers.

paisapower
Im pretty sure supes has been called the one with the strongest will in the Dc. If thats the case then he gets my vote.

Starscream M
he has plenty of imagination. the fact that he can pull off insane trick shots means he thinks outside the box. that and his tactical genius.

f*ck sake... thats not really imagination Pr...that's just his gift of calculating angles and trajectories

-Pr-
thats not really imagination Pr...that's just his gift of calculating angles and trajectories

facepalm

he spends his days using his IMAGINATION to come up with new ways to use the x-men.

at the very LEAST, he'd going to use the ring to make versions of wolverine, colossus etc. he'd make his own x-men.

rotiart

f*ck sake...

Creative and analytical would be two different things... He knows how to best use his assets in various scenarios does not mean he is a creative person... And his genius mind and tactical nature allows for the shots he takes...

His creative side comes out only when hes teying to score some adukt time with jean and emma. :-P

If anything hed be more hal jordan than kyle but that still isnt bad...

-Pr-
Originally posted by rotiart
Creative and analytical would be two different things... He knows how to best use his assets in various scenarios does not mean he is a creative person... And his genius mind and tactical nature allows for the shots he takes...

His creative side comes out only when hes teying to score some adukt time with jean and emma. :-P

If anything hed be more hal jordan than kyle but that still isnt bad...

what do you mean when he's trying to score? they come to him.

Caps Conscience

f*ck sake...

Same with Cap.....

Who would even think to use a shield the way he does.

the ninjak
Scott has plenty of imagination. Just doesn't use it outwardly. He is iconically quite solid.

Spidey gets my vote here.

AlmightyKfish
nah, cyke would be horrible..he has no imagination. he will just create giant bats and hammers.

You mean like Hal? wink

srankmissingnin
He maybe the most creative and innovative but I honestly think Spider-man lacks the confidence to be a great GL. He is very self deprecating and is always second guessing himself.

Cap is my choice. Cyclops is a close second, people will respect him more next month after he goes Tower of Babel on Demonerine's ass.

-Pr-
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He maybe the most creative and innovative but I honestly think Spider-man lacks the confidence to be a great GL. He is very self deprecating and is always second guessing himself.

Cap is my choice. Cyclops is a close second, people will respect him more next month after he goes Tower of Babel on Demonerine's ass.

why are so you so convinced it'll be cyclops to put him down?

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
You mean like Hal? wink yes. cyke's got a bigger stick up his behind than hal does.

I think Magneto and Spider-man have the best combos of imagination and willpower out of that list.

They're both geniuses who excell at last minute tactical thinking and tech innovation and they both have iron wills. Magneto has already used a power dependant on will and creativity all his life and excells at using it for a wide range of unexpected feats.

Superman and Cap have the ubber willpower status of flagstaff characters, but in their daily showings I think they make less use of it than Mags and Spidey. This will likely be controversial, but I also think they're not as smart and imaginatve as the other two.

Cyclops has the determination aspect of it down, but as others pointed out, he's more analytical than creative. I also believe his power comes with an intuitive capacity to calculate angles to make the shots bounce off the walls. He's not that good at math.

staxamillion
Originally posted by carver9
Who would be the most powerful and better with a gl ring.

Let's take away their powers for this thread...

Who would be the best gl?

Thor
Supes
Surfer
Cyclops
Magneto
Spiderman
Cap

Cap I think has the greatest will and would be cool to see constructs from someone from his era. I imagine cap would have all manners of old school sci fi stuff that would've been cool back in the day.

byrdgang21
Magneto & Spidey. I see them being similar lanterns as Stewart & Kyle respectively

darthgoober
Originally posted by staxamillion
Cap I think has the greatest will and would be cool to see constructs from someone from his era. I imagine cap would have all manners of old school sci fi stuff that would've been cool back in the day.
Cap's actually got a fair amount of creativity going for him too. A lot of people don't realize that Cap actually spent some time employed as a comicbook artist(ironically, drawing Captain America comics) so he's actually got the potential to bring the best traits of both Kyle(an artist's creativity) and Hal(uber willpower) to the table if he were actually given a GL ring.

staxamillion
Originally posted by darthgoober
A lot of people don't realize that Cap actually spent some time employed as a comicbook artist(ironically, drawing Captain America comics)

had no clue

darthgoober
Originally posted by staxamillion
had no clue
Yup. Cap's got lots of cool little tidbits like that in his history that a lot of folks don't know about. One of my favorites is back when the US government realized that they owed him a truckload of money in back pay for the years he was on ice but still technically an active soldier. And what did he do with it? He set up a hotline for ordinary citazens to call in and get help from him so he'd be better equipped to help with things like gang activity and help the community more. So he did a lot to help locally with both direct intervention AND he provided paying jobs for those who worked for him.

Not that his hotline is actually relevant to this thread, it's just one of the things I love about Cap that I wish more people knew about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.