Family Guy It's A Trap Thoughts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
I just watched It's a trap, and it was like the movie, the worst of the bunch. They could of done it so much better. They make the giant chicken, boba fett and they don't even have peter fight him! and there were a bunch of other things they could of done different.
anyone else have any thoughts?

Sadako of Girth
Well they certainly weren't lying on that opening crawl.

Robtard
I enjoyed it overall, not as much as the first though.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well they certainly weren't lying on that opening crawl.

Lol I know. The first 2 were way better.
The 2nd half was better.
Things I would of done different.
Peter and the chicken fight.
Peter should of really groped Lois when she got shot. (worse than what Han did in the actual movie)
Luke/Chris should of done a throw up scene when Ben told him leia was his sister that would of been funny.
There are more but can't think of them right now.
One thing they did get right was leias response to kissing Luke in empire.

-Pr-
I actually really liked it. One or two jokes did fall flat, but there were parts that made me laugh so hard i almost... well, you get the picture.

really liked it.

though Jedi is my favourite of the star wars movies too.

S_D_J
I enjoyed it, but it's true is the weakest of the bunch, really like they mock Seth Green that much to piss off Luke, I thought that was hilarious

...and Han getting all dark because he was sick of cutey Ewoks... and the Ewoks violence big grin

Robot Chicken Ep III was better though

way, way better

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
I enjoyed it overall, not as much as the first though.

I think most of the good stuff was in the Tatooine end of the movie.
The last 20 or so mins dragged the worst, for me..

Yeah its Family Guy and therefore was well worth seeing and the animation was great, but the previous ones were better.

If theyre out of ideas at this stage then what would happen if the studio turns round to MacFarlane and demand prequels?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Lol I know. The first 2 were way better.
The 2nd half was better.
Things I would of done different.
Peter and the chicken fight.
Peter should of really groped Lois when she got shot. (worse than what Han did in the actual movie)
Luke/Chris should of done a throw up scene when Ben told him leia was his sister that would of been funny.
There are more but can't think of them right now.
One thing they did get right was leias response to kissing Luke in empire.

I agree.

We're not subjecting the thing to the same sort of scrutiny that the actual movies themselves get, just expecting a certain FG amount of sidesplitters and classic quotable lines...and they were lacking in number, and in quality for a lot of it.

But worth the watch.

darthmaul1
The chicken thing really bothered me, they could of done a whole 5 min fight through the whole galaxy and then peter trips the chicken into the pit.

darthmaul1
Another thing i would of added would of been when chris jumped off the speeder and grabed the plank and jumped back up, they could of had the plank snap.

steverules_2
I found it quite funny, they missed a golden chance with Peter and the chicken...shoulda totally had them fight then have fett fall down the sarlacc or whatever

darthmaul1
Where were all the quagmire sex jokes? Jabbed palace would of been a perfect place for that. They could of had an Asian orgie going on.

-Pr-
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Where were all the quagmire sex jokes? Jabbed palace would of been a perfect place for that. They could of had an Asian orgie going on.

leia's "i didn't get raped" wasn't funny enough for you?

darthmaul1
Originally posted by -Pr-
leia's "i didn't get raped" wasn't funny enough for you?

No it wasn't funny enough for me. the 2nd half was funnier, but there were so many missed opportunities to make jokes. I can only hope they do go back and do episodes 1 2 and 3.

-K-M-
I think their done with the Star Wars spoofs

Anyways concrerning this episode I really did feel like they ran out of steam. There was a lot of forced (no pun intended) jokes and they wern't at all funny. There was maybe 4 parts I laughed at, but there was a lot of cringe (as in bad) moments. However, the animation alone made it worth watching though.

darthmaul1
Yes i had to cringe at the Pie fighters, yeeech. When they showed the enterpise crew that was funny, but they should of shown the ship and blown it up. or had stewie choke the helmsman and the ship crashes into the deathstar.

steverules_2
Shoulda had them fire a red shirt at the Death Star core. I thought the pie fighters were kinda funny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.