USH'S SITHMAS THREAD 2010

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Grave news folks- the vile efforts of Darth Scroogius have hampered this year's attempts at something decent for a Christmas thread. By his efforts, the next episode on the Malphas saga is not yet done, I do not have enough information on the next campaign episodes to make a decent trailer, and I've already given as much preview stuff about them as I reasonably can!

Yet still, the Light Side shall remain triumphant in the end! Bits of good news can be glimpsed by those skilled enough in the Force to see them. The next episodes DO exist and we should be able to play straight into them without a break- the current episodes are nearing their final acts. There's an interlude for the Jedi, and an extended epilogue for the Dark Siders (probably their biggest battle yet) which will run simultaneously before both sides get back about their galactic business. The Light Side story will end with the Dark Siders gnashing their teeth at not knowing what the Light Siders now know. Not too long after the epilogue will end with the situations reversed and the Light Siders will want to kill me.

As for General of the Republic- part 3 of the Malphas saga- work has been going on furiously on it of late- at the expense of any RPing, incidentally!- but it is a complex job. I have tested the battle strategy system in it (full on wars this time), but not the story. It will come, and before too long with any luck! Part 3 puts you back in the shoes of the Jedi. Next year, part 4 sees a return to the Sith, and the saga will finish with a part 5... in which you must choose which perspective to play from.

Meanwhile, the next episodes of the main campaign are not the final episodes, nor are they the penultimate episodes... and in fact, the final storyline is likely to be two episodes long, so they are not even the ones before the penultimate episodes. So I can predict that we can happily play on until 2020 or thereabouts... well, with any luck we can keep the gaming regular.

I shall return now to my struggle against Scroogius... and see if I can find some presents for you guys between now and New Year!

Merry Sithmas, all...

Lord Melkor
Merry Sithmas, Ush!

I would not mind playing the games for next 10 years! If I am still playing it at the age of 26 (and I have a lot of other things to do), I am not likely to good too old for games soon.

And I really want to raise Gallador`s Force Rating, and I need several episodes worth of XP for this.

I quess the extended battle will be against the Bureau on Epireus?

Ushgarak
Nah, it's way better than that. The Epilogue is actually optional, but the chances of you not doing it are slim.

The Epilogue is when you choose if you want revenge on Emperor Rivas. Because if you do, you can muscle up everything you've got and take a shot at it...

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Nah, it's way better than that. The Epilogue is actually optional, but the chances of you not doing it are slim.

The Epilogue is when you choose if you want revenge on Emperor Rivas. Because if you do, you can muscle up everything you've got and take a shot at it...

Can we put his death on galactic TV? evil face

Ushgarak
Well, to do that you'd need where he is to be wired into some mass galactic transmission system or the like.

Craft
Oh rad! Well I'm certainly not going anywhere. I love this game :P

I didn't realize we were near the final act though, I thought we just hit half way. Then again my first proper game in this campaign was Battlefield and that went on the longest.

Ushgarak
Well, you've done rather a lot!

Peach
...so the Epilogue is that "biggest battle ever" you told me about aaaages ago?

And **** yeah we're taking revenge on Rivas.

Lord Melkor
Biggest battle ever, as in we have minions of our side? I like it more and more.

Tptmanno1
Happy New Doctor Who Day! (or Sithmas)

I'l be honest, I totally forgot about the Malphas saga, but now that you mentioned it, a new desire has awoken in me.
Damn you. Damn you all...

Ushgarak
They celebrated Sithmas in Malphas' day too!

Lord Melkor
They celebrated Sithmas in Malphas' day too!

I hope nobody died while unpacking the presents!

Peach
Hah. I'm sure you'd be lucky if anyone survived.

Ushgarak
Every Darth had to get every other Darth a present. Not all survived.

Peach
Killing the other Darths is a good way to save money on buying gifts.

REXXXX
Oh wow, I think we should do a game based entirely off of that scenario...

Vera21
Aww, no presents for little Vera. sad

Excited for the rest of this episode and the interlude, though!

General Zink
Originally posted by REXXXX
Oh wow, I think we should do a game based entirely off of that scenario...

This.

Merry Sithmas, guys. wink

Tptmanno1
Every Darth had to get every other Darth a present. Not all survived.
Worst Secret Santa Ever.

Brit
Hahaha.

Merry Sithmas, boys and girls. wink

What'd everyone get?

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by Brit
Hahaha.

Merry Sithmas, boys and girls. wink

What'd everyone get?

I got some mundane things like clothes but also DC Vertigo`s Lucifer comic book series, which are great.

REXXXX
Geez, that is perfect for you.

Peach
Not too much, as usual. Final Fantasy action figure from one coworker, Big Bang Theory DVD set from another, a nifty t-shirt, cookies and chocolate and a Leia action figure from GK happy Also Target gift card (always welcome) and some money.

Something else I'm waiting on but what it is I can't yet say stick out tongue

General Kaliero
A set of suitcases, lightsaber umbrella, lightsaber chopsticks, a shirt, and a GPS navigator from my parents, a shirt and a keychain and a hand-knit scarf from Peach, and duct tape from my brother Nick. A thousand and one uses!

Peach
...duct tape. Knowing Nick, that actually does not surprise me much. Your brother is strange stick out tongue

Also, because I am a dork (well, we both are), the shirt is from Assassin's Creed and the keychain a custom Guild Wars one a friend made for me happy

General Kaliero
When I opened it, I stared in confusion, and then yelled "You got me shoes!" Back in the summer he lost his shoes on a rafting trip, and coated the bottoms of his feet in duct tape for protection. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Scroogius now demands all pay attention to him and that all tell him what presents they would bring to him for Sithmas.

General Kaliero
Spacetape. It may look and feel like duct tape, but it's a special space-age polymer for holding starships together. Very advanced stuff.

Newjak
A monologue detector necklace. For the villain that can not help but talk away his master plans and give the hero precious time.

Craft
A pit of Rancors with Ion Cannons attached to their heads. The ultimate Jedi killing trap!

Peach
Dark Side Chocolate.

Ushgarak
Scroogius demands more! All these things shall be used for galactic conquest!

General Kaliero
A GPS Navi-Com voiced by GLaDOS?

REXXXX
A handful of buttons!

Ushgarak
Singing reminds Scroogius too much of the Jedi at Sithmas. Besides, you already gave a gift.

Bespin Bart
A rubber suit so that Scroogius will not be affected by anyone throwing lightning at him!

Alkaselzer
I'll give Scroogius a all-expenses-paid date with the Consul of Thalos.

Ushgarak
All presents will now be judged!

Hmmm...

The ability to hold spaceships together is nothing compared to the power of the Force!

After wearing that necklace for a week, it gave an overload warning and then exploded. This assassination attempt will not go unnoticed!

The rancors appear to be dying of starvation as those cannons blow away anything dropped down the pit. Scroogius demands solutions!

Due to fears of poisoning, Scroogius no longer eats food, living instead off of a device that converts contempt to nutrition (though alarming weight gain at first forced Scroogius to turn it down a bit). The chocolate will be forcibly issued to prisoners for testing.

Scroogius is allergic to rubber! Feel the rage! And weight gain.

Those buttons look like concealed explosives! You expect the mighty Scroogius to fall for such a ploy?

Well, once again Sithmas has been a time of misery and disappointment. A success! Scroogius will try to make General of the Republic happen as soon as possible...

Craft
Solutions, eh? Here a simple solution, 'Needs more Jedi!' With enough Jedi the cannons will only wipe out half the group, leaving the other half as a delicious meal.

REXXXX
I might have! They're really nice buttons.

Ushgarak
Latest reports from the front say that the power of Darth Scroogius is starting to fail!

"General of the Republic" has finally been released to me for beta testing.

Holy heck there's a long wait between saves this time...

In terms of text typed, it is several times larger than either of the previous games. However, as ever, you never experience all of it at once, and this time it is set up from the start that you choose which parts to interact with.

Newjak
cool

Although I'm sure the good Darth is just playing everyone to think his power is failing stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
Yay!

Ushgarak
There are sure as heck going to be a lot of different ways people finish this one- I'll be surprised if two of you get it done the exact same way.

Tptmanno1
Is it going to require intense amounts of map making?

Ushgarak
Nope. Where Island of Fire was non-linear, this one is modular. There are eight different mini-scenarios linked by the main narrative; you choose which four to try and do and succeed or fail at each. What you achieve in each sets your chances for the finale.

Tptmanno1
Sounds awesome! I'm excited!

REXXXX
I should go back and replay the first two, I'm not even sure if I finished Island of Fire!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.