Asgard vs. Realm of the Beasts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-K-M-
Which pantheon wins? The Asgardians or the Great Beasts

Fight takes place on Earth, no one can outright destory the planet or BFR. Great Beasts are not under the time constraint either

Galan007
Who do you think wins, Mungi? Cause that's who I'm going with. smile

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
Which pantheon wins? The Asgardians or the Great Beasts

Fight takes place on Earth, no one can outright destory the planet or BFR. Great Beasts are not under the time constraint either Asgardians.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Who do you think wins, Mungi? Cause that's who I'm going with. smile he's obviously going with the Great beasts...lord knows K-M likes to wank Neoqtoq

-K-M-
Who do you think wins, Mungi? Cause that's who I'm going with. smile

Suck up....but I'll wait and see what everyone says first.

We know how well one Great Beast did against the Destroyer wink

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
he's obviously going with the Great beasts...lord knows K-M likes to wank Neoqtoq

Read Chaos War: Alpha Flight....thank you

Galan007
We know how well one Great Beast did against the Destroyer wink You have scans? Not sure if I'm familiar.

Starscream M
Suck up....but I'll wait and see what everyone says first.
dood, you're not gonna get many informed responses...most people aren't that familiar with the great beasts erm

-K-M-
You have scans? Not sure if I'm familiar.

Yeah, it was in Thor. I'll see if I can pull them up

Starscream M
anyways, losing to alpha flight or more specifically snowbird is a strike against great beasts beating legit skyfathers and toptier herald like thor

plus you get magic support from loki and enchantress

than you get some infantry support from the other crap asgardians...and looks like a win for Asgard

-K-M-
anyways, losing to alpha flight or more specifically snowbird is a strike against great beasts beating legit skyfathers and toptier herald like thor

plus you get magic support from loki and enchantress

than you get some infantry support from the other crap asgardians...and looks like a win for Asgard

Actually as noted every time AF beat them was due to the time constraint and were not at full power. Even referenced in the recent Chaos War tie-in

Great Beasts are high level spell casters

Great Beasts have control over Surtur's demon army, so they have their own infantry smile

Starscream M
Actually as noted every time AF beat them was due to the time constraint and were not at full power. Even referenced in the recent Chaos War tie-in

Great Beasts are high level spell casters

Great Beasts have control over Surtur's demon army, so they have their own infantry smile wait, so surtur and ymir are in this fight too then?

-K-M-
wait, so surtur and ymir are in this fight too then?

As of now no, as Surtur is from Muspelheim and Ymir is from Niffelheim. This is more for the people who directly live in Asgard.

Starscream M
As of now no, as Surtur is from Muspelheim and Ymir is from Niffelheim. This is more for the people who directly live in Asgard. so how is surtur's army involved? confused

-K-M-
so how is surtur's army involved? confused

Because they live in the Realm of the Beasts under Tanaraq's control

-K-M-
You have scans? Not sure if I'm familiar.

Oh and the instance I'm refering to is from Thor #441 and in #476 mentioned they were battling for months until the Destroyer was teleported out.

Then again it might be different Great Beasts their refering to, but we do know they are connected to Asgardians as shown in Omega Flight

Starscream M
Because they live in the Realm of the Beasts under Tanaraq's control ok.

anyways, this is how the asgardians win.

Odin gets in Destroyer Armor and leads charge.

Thor and Beta Ray Bill provide close support.

Loki and Enchantress provide healing and distraction spells.

Then you have the other Asgardians dealing with the minion demon army.

-K-M-
ok.

anyways, this is how the asgardians win.

Odin gets in Destroyer Armor and leads charge.

Thor and Beta Ray Bill provide close support.

Loki and Enchantress provide healing and distraction spells.

Then you have the other Asgardians dealing with the minion demon army.

Interesting doesn't really explain how they actually beat the Beasts, especially when recently just a few of the Great Beasts were defeating the Chaos King and his army and when they wern't even at full power either wink

Tundra is a master at reversing spells, so if they send anything at them he could send them right back to them as he did against the Northern Gods

Regular Asgardians didnt do amazing against Surtur's army

King Castle
asgard is a shadow of its formal self.. they are not longer even a realm but just a castle with a handful of gods who shouldnt even call themselves gods after siege

Colossus-Big C
if it wasnt for odin i would go with the great beast pantheon, but even then asgard only wins slightly/barley and would suffer incredible damage from this fight.

who would of knew the great beast pantheon are almost the most powerful gods of earth

Rage.Of.Olympus
mhmm Chaos War: Alpha Flight having a good showing for them is probably the reason Mungi made this thread. Heh.

IIRC, the Great Beasts while weakened were driving back the Chaos King's army, or even the Chaos King somehow with the help of Alpha Flight (Find that last part hard to believe with the way Pak's writing him) Although I don't recall seeing him among the masses until he burst out of nowhere at the end. Course I just flipped through. Shit looked boring.

Anyways, what exactly does Asgard mean? Who's involved?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
mhmm

Anyways, what exactly does Asgard mean? Who's involved? every asgardian...including brb

King Castle
a derelict castle a small army of asgard nobodies..

kinda reminded of the scene in Willow where they walk into the abandoned castle crawling with trolls.

-K-M-
mhmm Chaos War: Alpha Flight having a good showing for them is probably the reason Mungi made this thread. Heh.

IIRC, the Great Beasts while weakened were driving back the Chaos King's army, or even the Chaos King somehow with the help of Alpha Flight (Find that last part hard to believe with the way Pak's writing him) Although I don't recall seeing him among the masses until he burst out of nowhere at the end. Course I just flipped through. Shit looked boring.

Anyways, what exactly does Asgard mean? Who's involved?

Pretty much as we finally had a way to guage them in powerwise as prior to that issue their power was supposed to be high, but we had no idea and it was just speculation.

AF members were amped by the Great Beasts

Not including diffrent planes (Hel, etc.), just Asgard as in the castle kindgom.

psycho gundam
Read Chaos War: Alpha Flight....thank you when i read that i knew you would make something like this thread

i wonder if some of the really deceased former flight members will show up.

-K-M-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
when i read that i knew you would make something like this thread

i wonder if some of the really deceased former flight members will show up.

Yeah I was bored, I was going to do it ages ago but then again it would only really be me talking about the Beasts.

What do you mean? Marrina, Guardian, Vindicator and Shaman returned

Starscream M
Yeah I was bored, I was going to do it ages ago but then again it would only really be me talking about the Beasts.
it still is erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty much as we finally had a way to guage them in powerwise as prior to that issue their power was supposed to be high, but we had no idea and it was just speculation.

AF members were amped by the Great Beasts

Not including diffrent planes (Hel, etc.), just Asgard as in the castle kindgom.

Well, what can I say? If the Great Beasts can take on the Chaos King while weakened, they stomp. Throw in Galactus and his heralds, and they still stomp. Pak has Chaos King as unbeatable in the main series, just destroying pantheons across the Universe etc. without any problems. The only thing that might change my opinion is that the Chaos King they encountered was before he absorbed all the pantheons. However, if they only faced some of his army like I recall them doing, my opinion changes greatly as his infantry are just minions. I'm guessing this one shot took place at the same time as Chaos War #2 were Mikaboshi finds Heaven and attacks everything.

I'd estimate that the individual members of the Great Beasts, were around mid Skyfather level or below if it's the latter.

Don't remember but I'll take your word for it.

Okay. Loki, Enchantress, Bill etc. are included?

-K-M-
it still is erm

Nope as shown people have read the issue in question, and are talking about it.

Starscream M
Nope as shown people have read the issue in question, and are talking about it. ok thats cool smile

psycho gundam
What do you mean? Marrina, Guardian, Vindicator and Shaman returned i mean like all the ones wild child killed and the other forgotten characters

Starscream M
Nope as shown people have read the issue in question, and are talking about it. I'm little wary about debates on characters that have so few showings

its like if you debated rulk in his first coupla appearances vs debating rulk after a few months would've resulted in very different outcomes

when you have so few appearances, it tends to be skewed

-K-M-
Well, what can I say? If the Great Beasts can take on the Chaos King while weakened, they stomp. Throw in Galactus and his heralds, and they still stomp. Pak has Chaos King as unbeatable in the main series, just destroying pantheons across the Universe etc. without any problems. The only thing that might change my opinion is that the Chaos King they encountered was before he absorbed all the pantheons. However, if they only faced some of his army like I recall them doing, my opinion changes greatly as his infantry are just minions. I'm guessing this one shot took place at the same time as Chaos War #2 were Mikaboshi finds Heaven and attacks everything.

I'd estimate that the individual members of the Great Beasts, were around mid Skyfather level or below if it's the latter.

Don't remember but I'll take your word for it.

Okay. Loki, Enchantress, Bill etc. are included?

Yeah he had destroyed most of the patheons when he got to the Beasts. He just killed and absorbed the Northern Gods and were going for them next. As for when these events happened from the checklist this tie-in is after the events of Chaos War #3. It was supposed to be the entire army, which isn't suprizing as one Great Beast was taking on the entire army in Hercules during the original God Squad team.

Yep, well the deceased AF members definetly were, no idea if the others were though.

Yes to all

-K-M-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i mean like all the ones wild child killed and the other forgotten characters

Oh....well WC might not be dead afterall, and Puck will most likely be returning soon in Wolverine. Witchfire is out of limbo and in New Mutants, and Roger Bochs I doubt they will ever bring back

I'm little wary about debates on characters that have so few showings

its like if you debated rulk in his first coupla appearances vs debating rulk after a few months would've resulted in very different outcomes

when you have so few appearances, it tends to be skewed

100% agree, that's why in most GB threads prior to this issue I usually gave it to whoever they were up against as they were so obscure. Now we have a relative base to go off of. I don't even know where to place them to be honest.

Well they have had countless issues actually, but their powers were so vague and when we did see them they were weakened.

the Darkone
I would say the Great Beast could very well be from Mid to high Sky-Father depending how long it will take them to reach there normal levels.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah he had destroyed most of the patheons when he got to the Beasts. He just killed and absorbed the Northern Gods and were going for them next. As for when these events happened from the checklist this tie-in is after the events of Chaos War #3. It was supposed to be the entire army, which isn't suprizing as one Great Beast was taking on the entire army in Hercules during the original God Squad team.

Yep, well the deceased AF members definetly were, no idea if the others were though.

Yes to all

Did it say that or are you assuming? Just being specific. I know he killed Snowbird's pantheon but I'm not sure if he had absorbed heaven.

Some of the army, all of it. If it's just minions, I don't particularly care. Not to take away from the feat. Just saying. The minions of the Skrull God? I remember that.

I still can't remember this but once again, I'll take your word for it. It just seems counterproductive wasting their energy on them if they needed every iota they could spare. IIRC, they were beginning to be overwhelmed by the minions individually when Alpha Flight stopped helping because they were weakened.

But yea, from what I can remember, mid Skyfather level for the individual beasts more or less seems to fair if it's the army they faced.

Okay.

-K-M-
Originally posted by the Darkone
depending how long it will take them to reach there normal levels.

Takes 20 minutes exactally to reach full power.

the Darkone
20 mins they probably hit Sky-Father level and there is what about 6 or 7 Great Beats they would have done some serious damage with the old magic they are packing!

-K-M-
Did it say that or are you assuming? Just being specific. I know he killed Snowbird's pantheon but I'm not sure if he had absorbed heaven.

Some of the army, all of it. If it's just minions, I don't particularly care. Not to take away from the feat. Just saying. The Skrull Army?

I still can't remember anything of the sort but I'll take your word for it. It just seems counterproductive wasting their energy on them if they needed every iota they could spare. IIRC, they were beginning to be overwhelmed by the minions individually when Alpha Flight stopped helping because they were weakened.

But yea, from what I can remember, mid Skyfather level for the individual beasts more or less seems to fair if it was the army.

Okay.

where the issue takes place? Yeah it takes place after Chaos War #3 definetly, as the checklist is the comics in order of the story. On page 5 of the tie-in the Great Beasts show Sasquatch images of different pantheons the army has killed.

Well those minions were killing all kinds of other pantheons themselves and what about the Skrull Army? Sorry I missed that point

Yep on pg.13 Shaman states "while we seem to have upgraded powers thanks to the Beasts, we are not yet fully restored to this plane, Snowbird"

-K-M-
bump

Mindset
Because they live in the Realm of the Beasts under Tanaraq's control So is T > Surtur?

Newjak
I gotta say hard call.

The Great Beasts were doing very well but its really hard to determine if they would have won or if they were in fact taking on all of the force the Chaos King was bringing.

Remembering that while this is going on there were still numerous other battles that are and were taking place at the time. So I would say probably not.

And if they would have wound up winning is also debatable. It wouldn't have been the first time people have said they could do things only to fail.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Mindset
So is T > Surtur?

Unknown, and I doubt we will ever get the answers either

Originally posted by Newjak
I gotta say hard call.

The Great Beasts were doing very well but its really hard to determine if they would have won or if they were in fact taking on all of the force the Chaos King was bringing.

Remembering that while this is going on there were still numerous other battles that are and were taking place at the time. So I would say probably not.

And if they would have wound up winning is also debatable. It wouldn't have been the first time people have said they could do things only to fail.

I don't think he splits his army to attack different things at different times, as that hasn't been shown or said.

Keep in mind in Incredible Hercules one Great Beasts was fighting and defeating the entire army just by himself (well Snowbird took his form).

Well in the comic they were commenting they were turning the tide and were winning though, plus they were only getting stronger too.

Mindset

I don't think he splits his army to attack different things at different times, as that hasn't been shown or said.

Keep in mind in Incredible Hercules on Great Beasts was fighting and defeating the entire army just by himself (well Snowbird took his form).

Well in the comic they were commenting they were turning the tide and were winning though, plus they were only getting stronger too. Wasn't she fighting other great beasts?

-K-M-
Wasn't she fighting other great beasts?

In Hercules? Nope.

Mindset
Who were they?

I don't seem to remember.

-K-M-
Who were they?

I don't seem to remember.

That she fought? All the gods the Chaos King is using currently to kill the patheons. They were slave gods under the rule of the Skrull God/Goddess before.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because they live in the Realm of the Beasts under Tanaraq's control

They only lived in Tanaraq's realm because Surtur's dead and the Ragnarok cycle destroyed everything right? The realm of Surtur and his army is Muspelheim.

That she fought? All the gods the Chaos King is using currently to kill the patheons. They were slave gods under the rule of the Skrull God/Goddess before.

Eh? I thought that after he took over the Skrull army, he went on a long journey conquering various other pantheons, and enslaving various creatures from the dark crevices of the Universe. I.e. more than the Skrull army.

Rage.Of.Olympus
where the issue takes place? Yeah it takes place after Chaos War #3 definetly, as the checklist is the comics in order of the story. On page 5 of the tie-in the Great Beasts show Sasquatch images of different pantheons the army has killed.

Well those minions were killing all kinds of other pantheons themselves and what about the Skrull Army? Sorry I missed that point

Yep on pg.13 Shaman states "while we seem to have upgraded powers thanks to the Beasts, we are not yet fully restored to this plane, Snowbird"

To be fair, the checklist doesn't necessarily follow the order of events. Doesn't Chaos War: Ares come after Chaos War #3? At the very least #2. Yet chronologically speaking, it happens before Chaos War #2. Can you be bothered to post a scan?

Eh? I thought it was the Chaos King who destroyed and absorbed the Pantheons in a rampage. That's how it seemed like to me in #2. The minions just seem like ground troops at best.

Iight, I'll take your word for it. Seems counterproductive however. Why split up their power like that when they needed ever iota.

-K-M-
They only lived in Tanaraq's realm because Surtur's dead and the Ragnarok cycle destroyed everything right? The realm of Surtur and his army is Muspelheim.

Eh? I thought that after he took over the Skrull army, he went on a long journey conquering various other pantheons, and enslaving various creatures from the dark crevices of the Universe. I.e. more than the Skrull army.

It's possible, but he was outright commanding them so perhaps after Surtur died they took Tanaraq as their new boss. No clue

He did, but all we really saw him take over was the Shi'ar gods and that was it. Concerning how long his journey lasted no clue, but from Marvel skewed timeline probably wouldn't have been long. Regardless one Great Beasts was taking on thousands of Gods at the same time.

To be fair, the checklist doesn't necessarily follow the order of events. Doesn't Chaos War: Ares come after Chaos War #3? At the very least #2. Yet chronologically speaking, it happens before Chaos War #2. Can you be bothered to post a scan?

Eh? I thought it was the Chaos King who destroyed and absorbed the Pantheons in a rampage. That's how it seemed like to me in #2. The minions just seem like ground troops at best.

Iight, I'll take your word for it. Seems counterproductive however. Why split up their power like that when they needed ever iota.

Pretty sure all it was is a flashback of Ares remembering what happened (Ill reread it again when I get home). Marvel said the checklist was in order, but it's possible it can be wrong *shrugs* Oh for sure, give me a few minutes.

It was both, the gods that are killed can be absorbed or summoned to join his army as shown in Chaos War: God Squad.

Not sure, but I'll upload the scan of where Shaman says it along with the checklist.

-K-M-
Checklist
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/ChaosWar-AlphaFlight003.jpg

The Great Beasts showing Sasquatch images of various killed pantheons
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/ChaosWar-AlphaFlight006.jpg

Shaman mentioning his upgraded powers from the Beasts
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/ChaosWar-AlphaFlight014.jpg

Colossus-Big C
didnt Chthon kill all the great beast during his possesion of quicksilver?

they are high skyfather at best

-K-M-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
didnt Chthon kill all the great beast during his possesion of quicksilver?

No, they never fought.

Colossus-Big C
No, they never fought. if i recall there was shown being affected by his reality warping, not that they fought directly

ill get the scan

-K-M-
if i recall there was shown being affected by his reality warping, not that they fought directly

ill get the scan

you might be thinking of Omega Flight.

Colossus-Big C
^you might be right, i cant find the scan

-K-M-
^you might be right, i cant find the scan

Omega Flight appeared in Mighty Avengers #21 if you want to check if thats the scans your refering to.

Colossus-Big C
Omega Flight appeared in Mighty Avengers #21 if you want to check if thats the scans your refering to. didnt the realms of the gods all get warped by him in 23?

-K-M-
didnt the realms of the gods all get warped by him in 23?

Not sure, give me abit and I will see if I can confirm.

Colossus-Big C
edit: nevermind, he just devoured asgard
and yea it was omega flight he killed
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1594799-chthon.png

-K-M-
He never killed Omega Flight either though, as they were alive and well in Mighty Avengers #23

WhiteWitchKing
It's possible, but he was outright commanding them so perhaps after Surtur died they took Tanaraq as their new boss. No clue

He did, but all we really saw him take over was the Shi'ar gods and that was it. Concerning how long his journey lasted no clue, but from Marvel skewed timeline probably wouldn't have been long. Regardless one Great Beasts was taking on thousands of Gods at the same time.

The Alpha Flight book takes place after CW #3 where Mikaboshi began his rampage of the godly realms. Before that, he'd enslaved the Hell realms, Zenn-La, Shi'Ar, & Skrull pantheons. So his army is far more massive than during Sacred Invasion. Also, Snowbird turned into the deadliest of the Great Beast. How the other great beast measure up to Neooqtoq is unknown by this point.

It's not in order at all.

-K-M-
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The Alpha Flight book takes place after CW #3 where Mikaboshi began his rampage of the godly realms. Before that, he'd enslaved the Hell realms, Zenn-La, Shi'Ar, & Skrull pantheons. So his army is far more massive than during Sacred Invasion. Also, Snowbird turned into the deadliest of the Great Beast. How the other great beast measure up to Neooqtoq is unknown by this point.

It's not in order at all.

Far more massive? based on? Heck we didn't even see the new gods he consumed in battle. Also once again one beast was taking on thousands of gods at the same time. More Beasts should therotically do the same plus they wertn't even at full power yet either. He isn't the strongest, just the deadliest.

Oh? They seem to match up pretty well and Marvel said they were in order. What issues are out of order?

WhiteWitchKing
Far more massive? based on? Heck we didn't even see the new gods he consumed in battle.

How can you even tell what alien gods are from the Shi'Ar pantheon and what are from the Skrull pantheon? We did see Kly'bn and the Zenn-La gods during the battle for the hell realms and a good number of gods and villains/heroes flying off with Mikaboshi. In Chaos War 3, the hell villains and gods broke from hell. By the time the heavenly realms were attacked, Mikaboshi's army was far more massive than in Sacred Invasion.

How can you not equate strongest with deadliest? That thing was more impressive than any of the other Great Beasts. It's the only Great Beasts that took on that many gods. Also, they never fought Mikaboshi. You never see Mikaboshi until the end.

Ares on the checklist came after 3. Ares' book is before or along with 2. At the end of two, he'd been enslaved and broke free from hell unto Earth to attack the heroes. Chaos War: Chaos King is before and runs along aside Chaos War 1 and before Ares. Alpha Flight is after Ares, not before.

srankmissingnin
Even weakened the Great Beats where a threat to the Chaos King, logically they could put every Marvel Pantheon in a vice grip at the same time.

And I'm pretty sure the Alpha Flight issue is happening more or less congruently with Chaos Wat issue four, with the Alpha Flight issue leading directly into issue five, and that single panel of Alpha Flight in issue four supposed to be a representation of the fight in the Alpha Flight issue.

-K-M-
How can you even tell what alien gods are from the Shi'Ar pantheon and what are from the Skrull pantheon? We did see Kly'bn and the Zenn-La gods during the battle for the hell realms and a good number of gods and villains/heroes flying off with Mikaboshi. In Chaos War 3, the hell villains and gods broke from hell. By the time the heavenly realms were attacked, Mikaboshi's army was far more massive than in Sacred Invasion.

How can you not equate strongest with deadliest? That thing was more impressive than any of the other Great Beasts. It's the only Great Beasts that took on that many gods. Also, they never fought Mikaboshi. You never see Mikaboshi until the end.

Ares on the checklist came after 3. Ares' book is before or along with 2. At the end of two, he'd been enslaved and broke free from hell unto Earth to attack the heroes. Chaos War: Chaos King is before and runs along aside Chaos War 1 and before Ares. Alpha Flight is after Ares, not before.

I can't, but we did see that the Skrull pantheon slave gods were thousands of thousands of gods and we saw one Beast take on them. Now we saw in the one-shot there were more beasts and they were taking on a bigger army who knows exactally by how much (numbers) and they wern't even full power. Sorry I actually haven't read Chaos War: Chaos King.

Because the words "deadliest" and "strongest" mean two different things. Also the fact Somon was said to be the strongest. Not true as we saw in the one-shot just a few of the Beasts who wern't even at full power were taking on that many gods. Also they were referencing Chaos King several times in the battle

Ares was a flashback issue, I think where it is placed under in the checklist is just an additional story as all the others follow the main story timeline and Marvel said it was in order.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Eh, whatever. Just as long as they don't mess with Surtur to make Tanaraq seem relevant.

I'm pretty sure they showed that he went on a long journey taking over various creatures. The Skrull Empire was only the first part of his army. IIRC, he conquered all the other pantheons in the Universe, leaving Earth for last. From what I remember, his army would have been much more massive than before.

Pretty sure all it was is a flashback of Ares remembering what happened (Ill reread it again when I get home). Marvel said the checklist was in order, but it's possible it can be wrong *shrugs* Oh for sure, give me a few minutes.

Flashback? Based on what?

Don't listen to Marvel. They're full of shit. No editorial system anymore.

It was both, the gods that are killed can be absorbed or summoned to join his army as shown in Chaos War: God Squad.

I'm too lazy to get my copy out. Can you post the scan? Thanks.

Not sure, but I'll upload the scan of where Shaman says it along with the checklist.

thumb up

-K-M-
Eh, whatever. Just as long as they don't mess with Surtur to make Tanaraq seem relevant.

Yeah I also tried to ask Oeming directly about it

K-M: "In Omega Flight what was the connection you were making with Tanaraq and Surtur or if there even was? Like how did Tanaraq get Surtur's army? "

Oeming: "Interdimentional Demons... the connection was to have started there... The ideas was to bring the worlds of BRB, THor and Omega flight closer together. "

I'm pretty sure they showed that he went on a long journey taking over various creatures. The Skrull Empire was only the first part of his army. IIRC, he conquered all the other pantheons in the Universe, leaving Earth for last. From what I remember, his army would have been much more massive than before.

We never really saw him do it though, as far as I remember the only gods they showed he killed before Choas War started with the Sh'iar. Oh I have no doubt it is bigger, but how much bigger? As before it was already in the thousands and one Beast was taking it to that army. So several great beasts should do something similar to a bigger army.

Flashback? Based on what?

The story itself retells a lot of Ares backstory

Don't listen to Marvel. They're full of shit. No editorial system anymore.

Very true.

I'm too lazy to get my copy out. Can you post the scan? Thanks.

Shoot no sorry, I'm heading to my cottage and won't be back for a few days. When I get back definetly.

Newjak

Keep in mind in Incredible Hercules one Great Beasts was fighting and defeating the entire army just by himself (well Snowbird took his form).

Well in the comic they were commenting they were turning the tide and were winning though, plus they were only getting stronger too. I remember that issue of Hercules. She wasn't defeating them. She changed mid battle as a distraction to let the rest of the God Squad get through.

She was merely holding them at bay which is still impressive tho but nothing to write home about. Surtur or any other decent big name god or monster probably would have been able to do the same.

I think it would be impossible for him not to split his forces considering how many of the books are taking place at the same time. Just because the book are in order doesn't mean most of the events don't take place around the same time.

Also it wasn't just the Shi'ar CK hit up on his way to Earth he also took the Gods from Zenn-la and he somehow managed to get Glory under his thumb to.

And I think somewhere it was stated that CK was purposely collecting as many gods as possible on his way back to Earth. Obviously they can not show this because the event would take forever.

And just because they said they were overtaking the CK's force doesn't mean it would have happened. I like I said it wouldn't be the first time people were proven wrong.

I just still have trouble believing that a great beast is gonna take down Odin going all out. erm

WhiteWitchKing
I remember that issue of Hercules. She wasn't defeating them. She changed mid battle as a distraction to let the rest of the God Squad get through.

She was merely holding them at bay which is still impressive tho but nothing to write home about. Surtur or any other decent big name god or monster probably would have been able to do the same.

I think it would be impossible for him not to split his forces considering how many of the books are taking place at the same time. Just because the book are in order doesn't mean most of the events don't take place around the same time.

Also it wasn't just the Shi'ar CK hit up on his way to Earth he also took the Gods from Zenn-la and he somehow managed to get Glory under his thumb to.

And I think somewhere it was stated that CK was purposely collecting as many gods as possible on his way back to Earth. Obviously they can not show this because the event would take forever.

And just because they said they were overtaking the CK's force doesn't mean it would have happened. I like I said it wouldn't be the first time people were proven wrong.

I just still have trouble believing that a great beast is gonna take down Odin going all out. erm

I agree with you on the part where Neooqtoq only distracting the god army. She then flee and mentioned that this army was on it's way. She never beat the army itself. And if Neooqtoq isn't stronger than Somon, it still doesn't mean the other Great Beasts are on par with Somon and Neooqtoq in terms of power. Every pantheon has a few gods with monstrous power level while the rest are tiers below. If Somon and Neooqtoq are Odin and Thor, then who among the GB are Loki, Balder, Fandrall, Hogan, Volstagg, and the average Asgardians? My point is that I highly doubt the GB are all closely equal in powers. Corrupter's power was useless against Mikaboshi's forces and begged for help, a good indicator of how not the GB are not on the same power tier.

His forces began splitting up when they began their move on Hercules' forces. After taking over hell and unleashing Zom, Mikaboshi left hell to the surface world. Zom, Abomination, and a number of demons went after Hulk and his family in search of Marlo. Grim Reaper and Nekra took a number of demons to destroy the sleeping Avengers and the resurrected Avengers. When the heavens were attacked, Glory split off take out Thor. The absorbed Kami split off to lead the God Squad into a trap. His was splitting up his forces but he was also attacking each pantheon one at a time. This, however, does not mean the GB would beaten Mikaboshi and his forces had they reached full power. And from what's mentioned, the GB were fighting the alien gods and not any absorbed pantheon gods or demon forces.

-K-M-
I have to make this short as Im still at my cottage

As a distraction? reread it again, she was killing a lot of them saving the team.

Nothing to write home about? Seriously? The combined God Squad couldn't do what Snowbird did and that includes Atum/Demogorge who was getting seriously injuired by one god. Your not giving the Beasts their respect

The reveal of the Zenlaa gods was revealed during Choas War shown in one of the tie-ins . Prior to Chaos War starting we only saw CK take over the Sh'iar as I was saying. We have no grounds or basis to determine how much more it increased

The chances of them actually doing is far more likely then not, as noted they were winning and were only getting stronger by the second.

How do you know their not equal in power? Did you know they would constantly fight each other and would cancel each other out? It was Somon that stopped them from fighting each other. Also "the GB were fighting the alien gods and not any absorbed pantheon gods or demon forces." and you know this how?

Newjak

As a distraction? reread it again, she was killing a lot of them saving the team.

Nothing to write home about? Seriously? The combined God Squad couldn't do what Snowbird did and that includes Atum/Demogorge who was getting seriously injuired by one god. Your not giving the Beasts their respect

The reveal of the Zenlaa gods was revealed during Choas War shown in one of the tie-ins . Prior to Chaos War starting we only saw CK take over the Sh'iar as I was saying. We have no grounds or basis to determine how much more it increased

The chances of them actually doing is far more likely then not, as noted they were winning and were only getting stronger by the second.

How do you know their not equal in power? Did you know they would constantly fight each other and would cancel each other out? It was Somon that stopped them from fighting each other. Also "the GB were fighting the alien gods and not any absorbed pantheon gods or demon forces." and you know this how? And yet there was still a large number of the alien gods remaining after Snowbird fled from them like I said she served as a way to let the God Squad get through otherwise they were dead. erm

And Demogorge was extremely downplayed in that book series. Once again I fail to see how Surtur couldn't have done what Snowbird did when she transformed.

And you're right we don't know how many Gods CK Absorbed but we do know that he did so all the way from the Skrull Pantheon to Earth as much as possible. So I'm betting he added at least a decent amount.

And I'm not trying to downplay the GBs. That book should show they are powerful but how powerful. I wouldn't write home on this one where they needed the help of AF even if they were enhanced by the Great Beasts.

They weren't at full power yet but to say they would have definitely won I don't think the comic showed that. Especially once again since CK's forces were obviously split at the time. They had to be in order for all the books to be taking place they way they were. So they may have been winning against the force they were up against does not mean they would have beaten all of them.

Once again not trying to knock the GBs but this comic imo does not sow they to be definitively higher than an Odin or A Surtur or Zeus. Which doesn't make the GBs chumps when you think of those names.

-K-M-
And yet there was still a large number of the alien gods remaining after Snowbird fled from them like I said she served as a way to let the God Squad get through otherwise they were dead. erm

And Demogorge was extremely downplayed in that book series. Once again I fail to see how Surtur couldn't have done what Snowbird did when she transformed.

And you're right we don't know how many Gods CK Absorbed but we do know that he did so all the way from the Skrull Pantheon to Earth as much as possible. So I'm betting he added at least a decent amount.

And I'm not trying to downplay the GBs. That book should show they are powerful but how powerful. I wouldn't write home on this one where they needed the help of AF even if they were enhanced by the Great Beasts.

They weren't at full power yet but to say they would have definitely won I don't think the comic showed that. Especially once again since CK's forces were obviously split at the time. They had to be in order for all the books to be taking place they way they were. So they may have been winning against the force they were up against does not mean they would have beaten all of them.

Once again not trying to knock the GBs but this comic imo does not sow they to be definitively higher than an Odin or A Surtur or Zeus. Which doesn't make the GBs chumps when you think of those names.

Yes, but she also killed a lot herself and could have kepted fighting killing more but transformed into the mosquitoes to help her team to go back after them. It wasn't simply a distraction, she showed she was the most powerful god, but was getting overwhelmed by numbers. Plus that wasn't a full power great beast either (need 20 minutes)

Why because he was killed by the Skrull Goddess? She was the worst possible matchup for him as explained. Why would you feel so strongly Surtur could when Demogorge struggled?

Yet we never saw it or even have close an estimation on how much it increased. That's what I have been saying.

Wouldn't write home about this? Seriously? Out of all the tie-ins and all the opponents who was the cloest to halting the Chaos King and his army? Did you read the story? They needed Alpha Flight to watch them as they needed 20 minutes to reach full power, they were also maniplating spells created by the Northern Gods controlling and creating multiple Wendigos too while fighting the army. They wern't at full power and considering AF has beaten them and forces stronger then the Beasts they knew they could count on them.

They were obviously split? Based on what? Most of the books arn't happening all at exactally the same time.

Considering how easily Zeus got killed not once but twice, I don't see the comparison. Do I know for sure they are stronger or not? No, or why would I make this thread? What we do know is the Beasts are older then both the Olympians and Asgardians and with the reveal in Omega Flight Tanaraq and Surtur might have a connection, then the apperance in Hercules and this tie-in is us trying to place them in the heirachy of gods.

Colossus-Big C
Demogorge got jobbed in that skrull arc..
demogorge has consumed all the hell lords just as mikaboshi has done in chaos king

also the skrull gods were controlling 978 counquored worlds, thats a shit load of people

also zeus got killed by mikaboshi personally both times, not by his hord of gods who he was holding back the first time they fought

Colossus-Big C
What we do know is the Beasts are older then both the Olympians and Asgardians and with the reveal in Omega Flight isnt tundra one of gaeas manifestations? not saying that your wrong about them being older than olympus and asgard

-K-M-
Demogorge got jobbed in that skrull arc..
demogorge has consumed all the hell lords just as mikaboshi has done in chaos king

also the skrull gods were controlling 978 counquored worlds, thats a shit load of people

also zeus got killed by mikaboshi personally both times, not by his hord of gods who he was holding back the first time they fought

Yes, but if you read the issue you would know she has infinite forms which made it impossible for him to devour. She represented too many different gods for him to digest at once, so she literally was the perfect person to beat him.

Yes, yes it is

First time was before he became the Chaos King and got his massive upgrade. Holding back? It's been established CK has become stronger then what he was. Also as noted the Beasts were apparently fighting him and his army.

isnt tundra one of gaeas manifestations? not saying that your wrong about them being older than olympus and asgard

No, the Beasts arn't even from this universe and their actually older then the Earth. They killed everything in their universe and wanted to come to the 616 universe to do the same.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Interesting doesn't really explain how they actually beat the Beasts, especially when recently just a few of the Great Beasts were defeating the Chaos King and his army and when they wern't even at full power either wink

Tundra is a master at reversing spells, so if they send anything at them he could send them right back to them as he did against the Northern Gods

Regular Asgardians didnt do amazing against Surtur's army

Question then.... In the Chaos King vs. Thanos thread... everybody was talking about how Multiversal Chaos King was because he destroyed like 98% of the multiverse and thus Thanos has no chance. Yet a few Great Beasts were beating him? Explain please or maybe some context buddy?

-K-M-
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Question then.... In the Chaos King vs. Thanos thread... everybody was talking about how Multiversal Chaos King was because he destroyed like 98% of the multiverse and thus Thanos has no chance. Yet a few Great Beasts were beating him? Explain please or maybe some context buddy?

He didnt destroy 98% of the multiverse yet at that point. We also never saw them directly fight as most of the fighting was happening in the background while it centered around Alpha Flight being conflicted about helping the beasts and how they were brought back to life.

Not much else to add to context, the Beasts amped up AF in order to protect them for 20 minutes as that's when they would reach full power and were apparently winning and growing stronger, but lost due to Snowbird.

WhiteWitchKing

Atum had one injury that didn't stop him at all. She distracted them for her team. How many she killed was unknown but she ran from it and stated that the army was following her. How ever many she killed wasn't anything to write home about. When she got to the fight, which Skrull did she beat? It was Demogorge's spine and Mikaboshi that took out the Skrulls.

?According to what's shown when the Skrull empire conquerors a civilization they the gods of that culture became slaves of the Skrull pantheon. The Shi'Ar empire is larger than the Skrull empire. It's slave pantheon would atleast be the size of the Skrull's. We have plenty of grounds for this because it's mentioned before.

Mikaboshi: Others have fought me...countless gods from other worlds.now they fight for me.
Thrann: Earth's wayward demon has journeyed DEEP INTO THE COSMOS. His black banner has drawn REMOTE deities that even I have NEVER CATALOGUED.

He marched across the universe and added pantheon after pantheon to his army.
http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/4401796_Chaos_War_1_025.jpg

Against fodder gods yes. In fact, the Wendigos were beating down these so called gods. How far above the Asgardians are these aliens gods when the Wendigos can kill and consume them?

How can they be equal in power when you said earlier that Somon is the most powerful and Neooqtoq, according to Snowbird, is the most dangerous? There's a difference in power level. Them canceling out each other's power in what issue? Corruptor was useless and was getting pummeled two small gods while Tundra held it's own and needed no help.

The fact that they mentioned numerous times that it's the alien gods they were fighting. There's no mention of demons or hell lords by the Great Beast. Only thing mentioned was that death was driven from the underworld and heaven was getting invaded. The GB refer to the forces as alien gods.

-K-M-
Atum had one injury that didn't stop him at all. She distracted them for her team. How many she killed was unknown but she ran from it and stated that the army was following her. How ever many she killed wasn't anything to write home about. When she got to the fight, which Skrull did she beat? It was Demogorge's spine and Mikaboshi that took out the Skrulls.

A serious injury that caused him to scream in pain from one god, while Snowbird was taking on thousands of them and they didn't stop her either. We saw her easily killing gods that were giving the God Squad trouble with one shot. She didn't even fight the Skrull Gods as she arrived late as she was fighting the slave gods erm That's a silly comment to make. It's comical your trying to claim it's not a vastly impressive feat erm

According to what's shown when the Skrull empire conquerors a civilization they the gods of that culture became slaves of the Skrull pantheon. The Shi'Ar empire is larger than the Skrull empire. It's slave pantheon would atleast be the size of the Skrull's. We have plenty of grounds for this because it's mentioned before.

Mikaboshi: Others have fought me...countless gods from other worlds.now they fight for me.
Thrann: Earth's wayward demon has journeyed DEEP INTO THE COSMOS. His black banner has drawn REMOTE deities that even I have NEVER CATALOGUED.

He marched across the universe and added pantheon after pantheon to his army.
http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/4401796_Chaos_War_1_025.jpg

Except we don't know if the Sh'iar gods did that or was that even implied or stated. However, it's very unlikely as if they had far more gods like the Skrulls did do you honestly believe the God Chouncil wouldn't do something about it like they did for the Skrulls?

Yes I know that. Not sure why you posted that. Do we know how many more his amry increased by numbers? No.

Against fodder gods yes. In fact, the Wendigos were beating down these so called gods. How far above the Asgardians are these aliens gods when the Wendigos can kill and consume them?

Upgraded Wendigos just like how Alpha Flight was upgraded. Ummm...are you familar with a base Wendigo? He would destroy most Asgargians one on one and that's not a lie.

How can they be equal in power when you said earlier that Somon is the most powerful and Neooqtoq, according to Snowbird, is the most dangerous? There's a difference in power level. Them canceling out each other's power in what issue? Corruptor was useless and was getting pummeled two small gods while Tundra held it's own and needed no help.

Their close in power, that's the point they cancel each other out and constantly fight but as noted Somon can control them and keep them in line. Not really, being dangerous does not mean their the strongest...furthest thing actually. It's mentioned several times in Alpha Flight Vol.1 the Great Beasts hate each other and constantly fight and would still be fighting if it wasn't for Somon. Corruptor was useless because his powers didn't work on them, does that mean they wouldn't work on other people? No. We even saw him stalemate Tundra before in the Realm of Beasts

The fact that they mentioned numerous times that it's the alien gods they were fighting. There's no mention of demons or hell lords by the Great Beast. Only thing mentioned was that death was driven from the underworld and heaven was getting invaded. The GB refer to the forces as alien gods.

You mean Snowbird's one comment? which isn't the best example as she only knows the Chaos King with the "hordes" as they were called due to her previous dealing and said it before the army even arrived into earth's dimension. Where did the beasts call them alien gods? I honestly don't see it (not saying your wrong). Also numerous times? I only recall Snowbird's comment and that was before she even saw the army come to earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.