Bad Teammate Experiences Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Share the bad moments you had with your teammates online via your Xbox 360, PS3, and/or your PC. What did a teammate(s) do to annoy you? Let's hear it.

For example: In Halo Reach, I take a Wraith and one of my partners kept stopping me with a plasma pistol and wouldn't let me go unless I got out. I got so annoyed, I fired at him, he died, and he booted me.

2nd example: In Left 4 Dead, everything was fine until my team got bored and thought it would be funny to boot people out. I was so close to getting an achievement but that didn't happen until later on.

Kazenji
People shooting their own teammates mad.....had that happen for Lost Planet went into a team game and this one japanese guy decides to shoot his own teammates.

Ridley_Prime
The server shutting down because of someone disconnecting at the last second right when I'm about to win (too many games to name as far as that goes).

Originally posted by Nemesis X
For example: In Halo Reach, I take a Wraith and one of my partners kept stopping me with a plasma pistol and wouldn't let me go unless I got out. I got so annoyed, I fired at him, he died, and he booted me.
In such cases, you should just let whoever is doing that to have the damn Wraith. Don't let their friendly fire provoke you into team killing them, since that'll just give them the opportunity to boot you. Don't bring yourself down to their level in other words. stick out tongue

MadMel
Was playing WOW, black temple, when I got yelled at by everyone for getting a really good sword, when I was a warlock. They bitched for a good hour or so, going on and on.

The catch - It was a f*cking STAFF!! mad
It wasn't a sword of any kind whatsoever. It really pissed me off, and I swore not to play dungeons/instances without friends. erm

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The server shutting down because of someone disconnecting at the last second right when I'm about to win (too many games to name as far as that goes).

Get that alot with Cod even i've ended the game sometimes.....wish they would fix that have some sort of thing to show people that they're the host.

RE: Blaxican

I do that to people on purpose when I play Reach, incidentally. I was trolling a dude with my ghost until I got bored and tried to ram him to death. He armor locked, my ghost exploded, and I booted him. Much lulz

General_Iroh
I suppose this is me more than my teammate, but way back when Age of Mythology was still pretty popular I was playing an online match with this guy who was acting like a total douchebag. The match was set up so you each only had one builder and you were being chased by an immortal, the object was to work with your teammates to last the five or ten minutes. Well this guy was really bugging the hell out of me, so when we came to a ledge that was a dead end I decided to build a wall around him and leave him for Osiris ^_^

ArtificialGlory
Since I have been playing all kinds of online games for a decade now, my bad experiences are far too numerous to count. There was this guy in CS: S who yelled at me and teamkilled me for not planting the bomb, so we then teamkilled him for a bit and vote-banned him from the server. Good times.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I do that to people on purpose when I play Reach, incidentally. I was trolling a dude with my ghost until I got bored and tried to ram him to death. He armor locked, my ghost exploded, and I booted him. Much lulz I guess karma decided to kick my ass for this, 'cause just last night I was playing a comp stomp match with some dudes on Starcraft and halfway through the match one of my allies just started killing all my shit. Made me lose the game.

Nemesis X
I was caught in a very awkward moment when I made friends with this person on Xbox Live. We met in Halo Reach on team deathmatch and a couple days later, we played co-op in Dead Rising 2. While killing zombies in a bunch of random ways, we were chatting and then I said something that indicated that I'm talking to a girl. She was actually a he and was downright pissed. I explained that he sounded like a 16 year old chick and he said that it wasn't the first time someone said it to him and hearing it again made him more upset. He kept throwing curse words at me almost non-stop and it irritated me so much, I removed him from my friend list.

The Nuul
Nearly every time I play BC 2. The new maps and Nam is great but those still doesnt change the fact that most of the players are retards. They dont care to CAP or DEF the flags.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Kazenji
People shooting their own teammates mad.....had that happen for Lost Planet went into a team game and this one japanese guy decides to shoot his own teammates.

I only TK the retards that camp with snipers(non active/useless) or dont DEF/CAP the flags. I see people watching our flag get taken and they dont do anything about it. So, I kill them.

I rather have a good team with low K/D than some great person who doesnt CAP/DEF and has a good K/D ratio.

-Pr-
I was caught in a very awkward moment when I made friends with this person on Xbox Live. We met in Halo Reach on team deathmatch and a couple days later, we played co-op in Dead Rising 2. While killing zombies in a bunch of random ways, we were chatting and then I said something that indicated that I'm talking to a girl. She was actually a he and was downright pissed. I explained that he sounded like a 16 year old chick and he said that it wasn't the first time someone said it to him and hearing it again made him more upset. He kept throwing curse words at me almost non-stop and it irritated me so much, I removed him from my friend list.

laughing sorry, but that's funny to me.

My only real memories like this are from the first Halo, where people team-killed to get the gun i innocently picked up before they did, or when they'd want a banshee for themselves. Before showing everyone that they didn't have the first idea how to fly one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.