Glory vs Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
Yeah, Glory in all likelihood is a single arc side-villain, but when it all comes down to it, the arc he is a part of is definitely bigger in scale than the Onslaught saga.

So who wins?

Colossus-Big C
Im siding with glory, onslaught would probably mess himself up trying to read glorys mind

CosmicComet
Agreed

rotiart
Glory is made up of ten thousand gods. Chaos king says the gods of earth are stronger than other gods of the universe..

Thor singlehandedly defeated glory...
Ill side with onslaught

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by rotiart
Glory is made up of ten thousand gods. Chaos king says the gods of earth are stronger than other gods of the universe..

Thor singlehandedly defeated glory...
Ill side with onslaught you left out important context,

1. thor didnt do it under his own power he had help from GOD(the true god)
2. thor got killed like 3 times over but the "spark" kept him alive

onlaught doesnt have this kind of plot device so he gets crushed to death pretty easily

CosmicComet
High feat for Thor, stronger than he was in the 90s anyway and possibly amped by prayer. Onslaught would lose to current Thor in the same manner that Glory was temporarily defeated.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
High feat for Thor, stronger than he was in the 90s anyway and possibly amped by prayer. Onslaught would lose to current Thor in the same manner that Glory was temporarily defeated. What issue is this Glory in ? If you have any links pm me.

CosmicComet
Chaos War: Thor #1 and #2

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Chaos War: Thor #1 and #2 I will try and track these down as it stands with what I have heard my gut is saying Onslaught all the way.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by quanchi112
What issue is this Glory in ? If you have any links pm me. this is glory

also glory wasnt a slave of mikaboshi he was one of the two beings who willingly helped his cause (the other being ZOM)
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1505911-glory.png

rotiart
Thor defeated glory initially by himself... Turning back its own blasts against him...

It was when he was on earth that he needed the spark... Aftrr glory tracked him down... To completely destroy him...

And as far as what "god" actually did... We dont know... What we do see is that evem im issue one thor was taking it to glory until the end... When he landed on earth

quanchi112
@colossus

Onslaught took on far more than just Thor and wanted his physical shell destroyed. But I can't decide who wins just yet without having access to these two books.

guy222
onslaught

Colossus-Big C
ill post the scans, hold on

Colossus-Big C
Thor defeated glory initially by himself... Turning back its own blasts against him...

It was when he was on earth that he needed the spark... Aftrr glory tracked him down... To completely destroy him...

And as far as what "god" actually did... We dont know... What we do see is that evem im issue one thor was taking it to glory until the end... When he landed on earth no.

rotiart
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
no.

Then we shall simply disagree. :-)

Colossus-Big C
Thor attacks glory, Glory laughs and thor is nearly killed by it,

Thor then smashes in through glorys armor, similiar to the way he smashed into Exitars armor

the insects inside of glory begin to eat thor alive(similiar to the way exitars white blood cells was killing thor)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1585654-2.png

thor fights them off and bust out of glory

Glory grabs thor and crushes him to death (this is where the spark comes in, and the 1st time he gets killed in this fight)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1585652-3.png

thor absorbs a galaxy busting attack from glory with his hammer and redirects it

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1585651-4.png

thor then dies again (2nd time getting killed)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1585649-5.png

glory comes back in chaos war :thor 2 in a depowered form, even in the depowered form he still kills thor a few times over(3rd time thor gets killed). thor then prays to god and god/toaa kills glory.

at the end thor states glory isnt dead

ExodusCloak
Thor killed himself when he unleashed that cosmic wave that sliced Glory. That woman's prayer brought him back to life.

Blake and whatsherface then prayed and the real God then sent Glory packing for good.

rotiart
Did i miss something? I hate respomding from my iphone since most times i dont have access to my issues but...

I dont recall any narration saying it was a galaxy buster.... The entire narration is being told by the woman... She was praying to thor as shown in the second issue so its possible that the "spark" we are reading about are her prayers to thor and not another god...as you clearly see in issue to he is one of the totems she prays to. Though obviously i domt know the writers intent that is simply the way i read it...

ExodusCloak
Did i miss something? I hate respomding from my iphone since most times i dont have access to my issues but...

I dont recall any narration saying it was a galaxy buster.... The entire narration is being told by the woman... She was praying to thor as shown in the second issue so its possible that the "spark" we are reading about are her prayers to thor and not another god...as you clearly see in issue to he is one of the totems she prays to. Though obviously i domt know the writers intent that is simply the way i read it...

They pray twice. The first issue she prays to all the Gods that she can find totems of which include Thor.

The second time is at the end of the issue when her and Blake as Thor are being consumed by Glory. Blake and her pray to God and he saves them.

King Castle
i dont know by power scale Glory is suppose to be very powerful but honestly i aint impress at all..

Onslaught feats appear better to me in the long run..

for now and i know it isnt a popular believe but i'll stick with Onslaught.

rotiart
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
They pray twice. The first issue she prays to all the Gods that she can find totems of which include Thor.

The second time is at the end of the issue when her and Blake as Thor are being consumed by Glory. Blake and her pray to God and he saves them.

Sorry the spark in the first issue is what im talking about and not the final defeat in the second issue. I personally read the spark as her prayers.. Espexially considering how in the second issue they talk about how the gods dont really have prayers anymore but show that she prayers to thor...

The conclusion of the second issue is something else
I wasnt referring to. :-)

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by King Castle
i dont know by power scale Glory is suppose to be very powerful but honestly i aint impress at all..

Onslaught feats appear better to me in the long run..

for now and i know it isnt a popular believe but i'll stick with Onslaught. when pak created glory he compared glory to Odin merging all of asgard to himself, but sick and twisted

quanchi112
I can confirm I do believe Onslaught does win.

King Castle
i know how powerful Glory is suppose to be but honestly glory and chaos king arent that impressive from the history of previous @$$ kickers with legitimate power showings

rotiart
Originally posted by King Castle
i know how powerful Glory is suppose to be but honestly glory and chaos king arent that impressive from the history of previous @$$ kickers with legitimate power showings

The only thing truly imprssive to me is that chaos king easily absorbs even zeus and other akyfathera...

Course aktenatum or whatever wiped them iut easily and he didnt have a problem trying to find them

King Castle
agreed...

Colossus-Big C

Course aktenatum or whatever wiped them iut easily and he didnt have a problem trying to find them couple things

1. aktenatum couldnt find them untill the started spying on him
2. akenatum had the heart of the universe(hotu)
3. zeus survived, he also saved king thor

Colossus-Big C
The only thing truly imprssive to me is that chaos king easily absorbs even zeus and other akyfathera...

1. he easily absorbed nightmare in his realm
2. he easily absorbed Impossible Man
3. He absorb all the lords of death in there realms(satan, mephisto, pluto, hela etc) and banished mistress death from this reality
4. he absorbed all the gods in the universe before coming to earth
5. he absorbed galactus
6. he absorbed Zom

Bentley
Bump.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Depends which Onslaught this is. At his greatest showings? Onslaught.

It should be noted that at the end of #2, Glory was being directly amped by the Chaos King which is why he came back after Thor again destroyed him.

rotiart
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
1. he easily absorbed nightmare in his realm
2. he easily absorbed Impossible Man
3. He absorb all the lords of death in there realms(satan, mephisto, pluto, hela etc) and banished mistress death from this reality
4. he absorbed all the gods in the universe before coming to earth
5. he absorbed galactus
6. he absorbed Zom

And he is the anti eternity an couldn't find some skyfathers.
He had to have Hercules do that for him.

Galactus was being attacked by chaos kings minions in the final issue. It didn't show galactus vein directly absorbed by the chaos king

And was defeated by getting bfred to another universe

What actual abstracts did he fight on panel... None

But back to topic... Onslaught killed Thor and then some...
Thor had a double ko with glory...

Onslaught wins

Bentley
Thor did use Glory's power against it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.